DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Pix11/CNN: " Authorities are questioning a woman believed to be the girlfriend of the DC murder suspect Daron Dylon Wint, according to two law enforcement sources involved in the investigation.

The sources said, the girlfriend, who lives in Brooklyn, told authorities that she spoke to Wint and that he was planning on turning himself in. So far, Wint remains at large and the girlfriend is still being questioned by U.S. Marshals and NYPD detectives at a Brooklyn precinct, sources added."

I could be wrong but I did hear this quite a bit on the news. If the above is true, then I don't understand why the detectives did not learn more from her.
haha I forgot about her. Dipping into two cases right now, sorry.

From the charging Doc:

Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W-2, which stated IT received a text from W- I on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W-2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text contained dialogue and photos of a red Iined bag with what appeared to be two bundles of cash, one of which had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band.

The other employee that provided the package to W- l was interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from
the bank and the money was separated in four bundles"

Seems to read only TWO bundles of cash in the bag.

Over the weekend I got lost in so many posts. I'm still wondering how Wint alone overcame 4 people. How did he get in the house?
No alarm on? No secret alarms in the house? No hidden guns? wasn't there a dog? IMOO, had to be a plan and possible to have several people
involved, JMOO

I have never seen $40,000 in cash. I would be awestruck if I casually asked to handle that amount of cash. The kid in me would want to show someone too! Could it be this simple?
Lots of things don't add up from the bits and pieces we know. Lots of unanswered questions remain. Lots of suspicious behavior too.
I can vaguely understand how a immature maneuver, like photographing oddles of cash could snowball into a mess.

From the charging Doc:

Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W-2, which stated IT received a text from W- I on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W-2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text contained dialogue and photos of a red Iined bag with what appeared to be two bundles of cash, one of which had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band.

The other employee that provided the package to W- l was interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from
the bank and the money was separated in four bundles"

Seems to read only TWO bundles of cash in the bag.

Two visible in the photo, correct

there was a high speed chase and shooting on 295 today (one of the many main highways here in DC). Police won't tell why they were chasing the car. I am praying that it has something to do with this case. Just so this family can have some closure. Just saw it on the news.

there was a high speed chase and shooting on 295 today (one of the many main highways here in DC). Police won't tell why they were chasing the car. I am praying that it has something to do with this case. Just so this family can have some closure. Just saw it on the news.
Road rage, one car shot at another. one dead another injured.

I have never seen $40,000 in cash. I would be awestruck if I casually asked to handle that amount of cash. The kid in me would want to show someone too! Could it be this simple?
Lots of things don't add up from the bits and pieces we know. Lots of unanswered questions remain. Lots of suspicious behavior too.
I can vaguely understand how a immature maneuver, like photographing oddles of cash could snowball into a mess.

Me neither, but IF I was the type to take a photo of it, I'd take a photo of ALL of it. Why show $20,000 when you could show $40,000? Doesn't make sense.

IMO he opened the bag and took a pic. Only two of the four bundles were visible due to positioning and of those two visible only one wrapper is visible.
MOO:
Immature, yes
Sinister, no

By JW's own revised account he physically handled all of the money rather than taking a bag from someone else, peaking inside and dropping off the bag. JW says all the money was put into JW's own bag and then after JW arrived at the house, JW took all the stacks of cash out his own bag and put them in an envelope. JW also says he witnessed the bank transaction. If JW didn't see the four stacks when he watched the bank transaction, he would have seen them when the AIW employee pulled the stacks out of his pocket and gave them to JW and he again would have seen the four stacks when he was at the house. The bag did not belong to the S family/AIW and JW did not leave the bag at the house per his account.

W2 received the money photo at approx 9AM

What time was the money delivered to SS?

I'm thinking about the lie W1 told about the car being locked. What is the significance of it being UNlocked? Why would he tell that particular lie???

I've been puzzled over the "locked car" lie too.

Why would W-1 tell LE that the car was locked when it wasn't? What was the purpose of that lie? Why is THAT lie important enough to be mentioned in the charging Doc. Even to me, it seemed trivial.

But continuing on my foolish speculation, opinion ONLY...that lie appears to answer another puzzle for me. That puzzle is...why involve W-1 at all in the money drop?

We all agree that SS was The Boss. His employees did what he asked them to do. Now SS needed another employee to actually MAKE the bank transaction. W-1 could NOT do that...no authority.

So why not just have THAT employee get the money drive it over and leave it's the house?

Why would SS or DW involve another person? Strange.

Remember DW and posse are hyper about people coming to the house. They sure wanted to keep the other housekeeper away . And they have to deal with VF's husband. So WHY would they have SS involve one more person than necessary?

And why would SS trust a three month employee/driver over his accountant, CFO...whatever? That doesnt make sense. The other employee is "the money guy." He drove to the bank. Why not have him drive over and make the drop?

Unless DW wanted W-1 to make the drop.

If W-1 is part of the plot, he needs a reason, a cover story....to tell LE why he was even involved in the money delivery...instead of the easier solution of just having the guy who got the money drop it off.

So he tells this lie...well, the car was locked. They needed me because the car was locked and I know where the keys are kept.

But, under further interrogation, W-1 had to admit...no, actually the car door was open.

So he wasn't needed for any logical reason.

Just guessing...but that may be why LE finds that lie very interesting.

The FOX 5 report yesterday mentioned that JW's mom worked at a church. Wonder if it was Episcopal. If so, it's creepy/coincidence that the Porsche was found burning in a parking lot of an Episcopal church.

Why would W-1 tell LE that the car was locked when it wasn't? What was the purpose of that lie? Why is THAT lie important enough to be mentioned in the charging Doc. Even to me,it seemed trivial.

But continuing on my foolish speculation,opinion ONLY...that lie appears to answer another puzzle for me. That puzzle is...why involve W-1 at all in the money drop?

We all agree that SS was The Boss. His employees did what he asked them to do. Now SS needed another employee to actually MAKE the bank transaction. W-1 could NOT do that...no authority.

So why not just have THAT employee get the money drive it over and leave it's the house?

Remember DW and posse are hyper about people coming to the house. They sure want to keep the other housekeeper away . And they have to deal with VF's husband. Why would they have SS involve one more person thsn necessary?

And why would SS trust a three month employee/driver over his accountant, CFO...whatever? That doesnt make sense.

If W-1 is part of the plot, he needs a reason to tell LE why he was even involved in the money delivery...instead of the easier so.ution of just having the guy who got the money drop it off.

So he tells this lie...well, the car was locked. They needed me because the car was locked and I know where the keys are kept.

But, under further interrogation, W-1 had to admit...no, actually the car door was open.

There's another possible explanation. He maybe had no idea if it was locked or unlocked, since he never actually put it in the car. So he just picked one. Arguing on the "in on it" side for a moment, the 10-minute ahead call would have given DW the window to appear in the garage to get the money from him. In this (totally made-up) scenario, he would have handed DW the money directly. Why DW wouldn't just then stab him and take it all, uh, I have no idea.

W2 received the money photo at approx 9AM

What time was the money delivered to SS?

It's not entirely clear and I've been wondering that myself. VF's husband was wandering around the house at around 9:30 AM and NG was texted at 9:40 AM not to come in.

Are there any posted photos of the bag containing the cash being shown off by JW?

Why would W-1 tell LE that the car was locked when it wasn't? What was the purpose of that lie? Why is THAT lie important enough to be mentioned in the charging Doc. Even to me, it seemed trivial.

But continuing on my foolish speculation, opinion ONLY...that lie appears to answer another puzzle for me. That puzzle is...why involve W-1 at all in the money drop?

Remember DW and posse are hyper about people coming to the house. They sure wanted to keep the other housekeeper away . And they have to deal with VF's husband. So WHY would they have SS involve one more person than necessary?

And why would SS trust a three month employee/driver over his accountant, CFO...whatever? That doesnt make sense. The other employee is "the money guy." He drove to the bank. Why not have him drive over and make the drop?

If W-1 is part of the plot, he needs a reason, a cover story....to tell LE why he was even involved in the money delivery...instead of the easier solution of just having the guy who got the money drop it off.

I think W1 was chosen to make the drop for two reasons:

1. W1 was the regular driver and it wouldn't raise more suspicions by making the strange request to have an executive/accountant run an errand. SS was supposed to get the money but not raise alarms, under Wint's control, and asking the driver to run a driving errand is the least suspicious option.

2. SS was protecting his associates by keeping them away from the house.

There is also the option that Wint ordered W1 specifically to be the driver as they were in cahoots, but I'm not believing that W1 was in on the orchestration of this crime. Not yet, anyway.

BUT - and this is a big but - why lie about the locked car??? Nothing so far falls neatly into place about that lie.

Keep the ideas coming!

Me neither, but IF I was the type to take a photo of it, I'd take a photo of ALL of it. Why show $20,000 when you could show $40,000? Doesn't make sense.

Yes, exactly. A braggart would spread out the bundles and photograph all of it!!!! Excellent observation.

Or maybe because they can't find the key to the car now? I am just throwing that out there - have not heard that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55