DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if the GF, who received the text message with the picture of the two bundles of cash...one without its bank wrapper, lives locally or elsewhere. Perhaps she forwarded the written texts and pic from her phone to the detectives.

I want to know how the "niece" in Bradenton, FL knew the exact amount the money drop before it was reported in the news.
What are the chances that she is related to someone who has connections to go karting and the Autobahn Track? (That is all I will speak of per TOS)

I was thinking the same thing, but assumed that because LE interviewed her per the charging docs, that the GF/W2 is local. From charging docs: "W-2 opened the text for detectives to view". The Fl girl is in the DC area frequently. She was supposed to be in Fairfax County for a hearing on May 8th, but it was dismissed, so I don't know if that means she had to appear or not. https://eapps.courts.state.va.us/gd...21232&clientSearchCounter=5&localFipsCode=059

[modsnip]

I know I keep harping on this, but...

If it was a quick pick, why take out half of it before photographing it? He's moving the money from the red bag to the manila envelope, and after moving two bundles, he thinks "Hey! I should take a picture of this and send it to my girlfriend!"? Possible, but if he's thinking that, why not show that he's casually carry $40,000 instead of half that? He may have wanted to be "inner circle" but his SM and websites were VERY materialistic/bling. #Livingthedream, etc.

As weird as it is that he took a photo of the money, it's way weirder that he took a photo of half the money.

bragging to show this is 'my' pay off? Look at what I earned today for 'us'? a wannabe person? JMOO

When the details come out, and IMO they will, this is going to be a convoluted story about a few miscreants with grudges, who wanted revenge or some sense of crazy justice, who somehow found each other and developed an idiotic plan. But it all went wrong. The plan was flawed. Each participant made their own stupid mistakes.

It might have gone swimmingly except for pizza crust.

In this scenario, the "extra" calls and texts to W-1 would have a different meaning, of course. Might have been DW making them about the car drop off or something. Then, you wonder about it being torched. Is somebody mad at somebody for getting ripped off?

TOTAL SPECULATION: If W-1 didn't follow through with his part (either for money or maybe a combination or key to a garage with other cars... lots of possibilities) - it could have caused DW to repeatedly try to get ahold of him after the money drop using SS's phone, and then torch the car to get back at him. Now W-1 is maybe hiding not from LE but from DW's brother (and the gang he has admitted belonging to) who is still out there.

I hadn't thought of that. I was assuming he would want the Mosler, not the Porsche. For one thing, the Porsche was automatic - not something I would think a "race car driver" would covet.

W2 received the money photo at approx 9AM

What time was the money delivered to SS?

You would think LE would have video (from random cameras along the route that would indicate the timing) of JW's car driving from wherever he got the cash to SS's home for the cash drop off, and also video of his route after the drop-off. Given JW's changed story to LE, no doubt they're trying to corroborate every part of his final account through independent evidence. JMO.

We really don't know for certain that the entire $40K wasn't in the red-lined bag, just that you can only see two bundles in the photo. The other two bundles could be out of view, or the transfer to the bag for the photo shoot was done quickly and W1 felt he had to get "back to work." Or, he was just going for the effect of "I've got lots of money in my bag, baby" and $20K is quite impressive enough.

We really don't know....but can can continue to talk about it, lol!

Interesting that LE would release the information that way, though. Pretty specific. They must have some reason, even if it's to imply that W1 took some of it and draw co-conspirators out of the woodwork.

From charging docs:
The text contained dialogue and photos of a red lined bag with what appeared to be two bundles of cash, one of which
had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band. The other employee that provided the package to W- l was
interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from
the bank and the money was seperated in four bundles that totaled ($40,000.00) forty thousand dollars.

Yeah, I know. I'm still talking about it. But the devil is in the details... :)

You would think LE would have video (from random cameras along the route that would indicate the timing) of JW's car driving from wherever he got the cash to SS's home for the cash drop off, and also video of his route after the drop-off. Given JW's changed story to LE, no doubt they're trying to corroborate every part of his final account through independent evidence. JMO.

And importantly, to my theory, how long he spent at the house...

It's not entirely clear and I've been wondering that myself. VF's husband was wandering around the house at around 9:30 AM and NG was texted at 9:40 AM not to come in.

Sounds like DW was getting very nervous that the money drop would happen with others there.

I hadn't thought of that. I was assuming he would want the Mosler, not the Porsche. For one thing, the Porsche was automatic - not something I would think a "race car driver" would covet.

Has anyone here ever seen a Mosler in real life? I never even heard of one before this case. I asked my 14 year old son (who suddenly knows about fancy cars) if he ever heard of one and he looked at me with a blank look on his face. My point being, I think these guys would have been absolutely crazy to think they could steal this virtually one of a kind car and get away with it. While a Porsche is certainly nothing to sneeze at, on any given Saturday at the McLean Little League field you would see several of them in the parking lot. Not nearly as rare in those parts is my point, so they wouldn't stick out driving it (although with W3 apparently they did).

I don't think stealing cars was the endgame here. I think the Porsche was "just" a mode of transportation to get suspect(s) away from the crime scene and closer to home.

Maybe the key is missing from a key box. Maybe he had to explain why he handled the key to the $700,000 car.

OK, so I'm sorry to ask this again, but do we know for sure that the Mosler is accounted for? If we don't know that it's there, maybe JW met up with DW in the garage to hand over DW's half of the money and took the car when he left? Then the police would be very interested in what he'd say to the question of whether the car was locked or unlocked. Maybe at the same time he handed over the keys to the Porsche?

Even if the above is wrong, I wonder what led the police to ask the question about whether the car was unlocked. Was it that the key was missing?

OK, so I'm sorry to ask this again, but do we know for sure that the Mosler is accounted for? If we don't know that it's there, maybe JW met up with DW in the garage to hand over DW's half of the money and took the car when he left? Then the police would be very interested in what he'd say to the question of whether the car was locked or unlocked. Maybe at the same time he handed over the keys to the Porsche?

Even if the above is wrong, I wonder what led the police to ask the question about whether the car was unlocked. Was it that the key was missing?

Yes, the Mosler is accounted for. A few days ago, someone posted a photo that was taken after the crime with the garage door open and the Mosler visible inside.

We know so little that all we can do is work with the small bit of information that has been disclosed. But that said, I'm going to make some predictions, knowing full well that my ignorance may truly embarrass me when more facts are known. I'd be interested in what the rest of you think at this point...because your posts have been so insightful and thought-provoking.

So here goes:

1. I think this crime was done by an organized gang, not DW alone. Just because he's the one who left DNA does not mean he is the "leader of the pack." He's just the first one they caught. So I expect many more arrests.

2. I think this crime did not start out to be about murder or revenge. I think there was an escalation.

3. I think this crime has to do with SS's expensive cars.

4. I think that truck following DW is a key piece of evidence as is the previous "stolen goods" charge. I like the "chop-shop" theory.

5. I think W-1 is involved.

I think this case will be solved not just by following the money, but following the cars. So many cars involved. Did W-1 pick up NG and SS that morning? In what car? In what car was the text made of the money? In what car did W-1 drive to the house? What car did he drove to Lowes?

Did Amy go out that day? Driving what car? Who was driving her car erratically that Wed. afternoon?

What cars did VG's husband see around the house at 9:30AM on Thursday?

Who was the "well groomed Black man" a witness saw driving the Porsche on Thursday afternoon?

Where was the Porsche between the time the fire was set at the house till it was found burning?

Had the Porsche been stripped?

So many car questions. I'm sure LE is knotting this all together to make sure that ALL participants pay for this gruesome crime.

These are you guesses.

Anyone else want to say what THEIR best guesses are?

Has it been confirmed what vehicle SS was driving on Weds (13th)? It's a two car garage, but they had 5? (Audi, Bentley, Mosler, Porsche, Rover). Mosler was parked inside one garage, Audi parked behind Mosler & Rover parked behind (empty garage?). VF's husband claims seeing Porsche parked on street (14th). Can it be assumed Bentley was parked in other garage? It could be assumed SS obviously drove Rover or Audi on 13th. Parked & entered through garage. Assuming they took AS, PS, VS hostage first, I wonder if a garage was open (before SS's arrival) & that's how suspects entered? I still feel as though something happened in Chantilly with SS on the 13th. That a suspect(s) was in the car w/him from Chantilly. Be interesting if they have any other DNA/fingerprints from the car SS drove on the 13th.

The side of the house (garage) faces another house directly across (32nd ST). Wonder if that house has any video from any activity that might have occurred between the 13th & 14th.

I don't think I have a clear cut opinion
I keep going back and forth

If the extortion or ransom was for a much higher amount I would have an easier time reaching a conclusion
I do understand from all of the lengthy posts about banking that it isn't easy to get large sums of cash

The car thing makes some sense to me based on their value but AFAIK the most valued is not missing
We have not heard whether any others are
The truck being driven upon arrest leans towards car theft/chopshop as well

As far as W1.. I have not been shown a connection between him and DW yet
He is silent at the moment but that doesn't make him guilty to me
I do feel he is not someone i would employ. His actions posting pics of other peoples property really puts me off
If it comes out that he is guilty of something other than stupidity, I will be very surprised if it involves the actual murder or planning of murder

Having said that, I have been surprised before :blushing:

OK, so Mosler is accounted for. Why the question about whether it was locked? And why the lie? Why would the police ask the question, since it sounds like they knew the answer. It seems like they were testing JW and he failed.

Wondering if JW submitted his fingerprints to LE. LE would have dusted the Mosler & garage (and the entire crime scene) for prints and they would certainly want a copy of JW's fingerprints. JMO.

We know so little that all we can do is work with the small bit of information that has been disclosed. But that said, I'm going to make some predictions, knowing full well that my ignorance may truly embarrass me when more facts are known. I'd be interested in what the rest of you think at this point...because your posts have been so insightful and thought-provoking.

So here goes:

1. I think this crime was done by an organized gang, not DW alone. Just because he's the one who left DNA does not mean he is the "leader of the pack." He's just the first one they caught. So I expect many more arrests.

2. I think this crime did not start out to be about murder or revenge. I think there was an escalation.

3. I think this crime has to do with SS's expensive cars.

4. I think that truck following DW is a key piece of evidence as is the previous "stolen goods" charge. I like the "chop-shop" theory.

5. I think W-1 is involved.

I think this case will be solved not just by following the money, but following the cars. So many cars involved. Did W-1 pick up NG and SS that morning? In what car? In what car was the text made of the money? In what car did W-1 drive to the house? What car did he drove to Lowes?

Did Amy go out that day? Driving what car? Who was driving her car erratically that Wed. afternoon?

What cars did VG's husband see around the house at 9:30AM on Thursday?

Who was the "well groomed Black man" a witness saw driving the Porsche on Thursday afternoon?

Where was the Porsche between the time the fire was set at the house till it was found burning?

Had the Porsche been stripped?

So many car questions. I'm sure LE is knotting this all together to make sure that ALL participants pay for this gruesome crime.

These are you guesses.

I don't want to believe W1 is involved. I'm still thinking about that photo sent to his GF. I'm thinking this points more to his innocence than to his involvement in the crime. While I don't know anything about GF, most girlfriends don't want a boyfriend who is involved with crime. The photo of the cash might have been sent to impress her, but I don't think a big heist would impress a girlfriend. And I REALLY don't think the girlfriend would be impressed with kidnapping, torture, and murder.

We don't know how LE found the GF.

The other question about W1 is WHY WHY WHY lie to the police? And what's the big deal about the locked vs. unlocked car? I don't get it the significance and why he would lie about it.

At this point, my guess is that Wint and one other person were in the house and that no one else was involved, but others in Wint's circle perhaps knew about it.

I don't see Wint as someone W1 would be remotely interested in.

JMO, total speculation, completely open to changing my mind later.

I don't know who all is involved, just I'm pretty sure he/they weren't only after $40K...whatever the plan was, things did not go according to plan. Whether or not you're intending a quadruple homicide and whether or not you're acting alone, planning to take hostages for $40K from a multimillionaire family seems both an odd number and a low number. That all the cash is in the specialized box truck (and that this vehicle is even being used) with DW in the other car and that those people have been released, I'm thinking there's some thing or things very valuable that are being stored somewhere and LE is waiting for those involved to go to this valuable stuff. If for instance PS owned a go-kart that he used in racing, something like that would fit in the box truck, there could be very expensive big screen TVs, sword collection, etc that were moved out of the house. I can't imagine that DW and whoever else are spending hours upon hours in a mansion with lots of very valuable items and not taking them and instead purely focusing on the cash...there are criminals who have the self-control to just focus on cash or one other specific item, but those sorts of criminals would be going for more than $40K unless it was a lightening fast job where the money was already expected to be there. LE may be saying DW had to have help because something too large or heavy for one person to carry is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8