DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not entirely clear and I've been wondering that myself. VF's husband was wandering around the house at around 9:30 AM and NG was texted at 9:40 AM not to come in.

There sure was a lot of activity around the house at this time. There is the husband pounding on the door at about the time W1 was expected to arrive. Perhaps after W1 contacted SS when he was 10 minutes away, as the Charging Doc stated, that's when the text was sent to NG to make sure she wasn't coming. They didn't want another surprise like the husband at the door when W1 pulled up.

My heart absolutely breaks for VF's husband. He was soooo close.

I'm thinking about the lie W1 told about the car being locked. What is the significance of it being UNlocked? Why would he tell that particular lie???
Maybe the key is missing from a key box. Maybe he had to explain why he handled the key to the $700,000 car.

I don't think it's much work. Just hanging around. Watching. Seems like he had some time on his hands. Did anyone confirm DDW was employed?

Yeh, but it takes patience, persistence and some sort of organizational skills, in my opinion. Someone who stalks a former place of employment with a machete isn't skilled in critical thinking, self control or patience :/

It can be tough to hang around in most neighborhoods without attracting some curiosity as to what you're doing there. Especially if you look out of place,

Yes, exactly. A braggart would spread out the bundles and photograph all of it!!!! Excellent observation.

I'm thinking the opposite - he wanted to show off to his GF by how casually he carried the money. It's way cooler and more stylish to be casual. He wasn't the gangsta-bling type but the materialistic "inner circle" wanna be. Spreading it out would undermine the cool factor, plus he probably did it quickly on the run, and snapping a photo of it in his red-lined bag was quicker.

Yes, I am over-analyzing! Totally. :)

I saw a photo of the house where detectives are looking through a window and there's a mattress in the window. How was it that no one heard anyone screaming? You have 4 people being tortured......no one is screaming? The houses may be spread out, but in the calm of night....you can hear all kinds of things. Did they prop mattresses up against the windows?

Yes, exactly. A braggart would spread out the bundles and photograph all of it!!!! Excellent observation.
He may have. He sent more than 1 photo they only describe the photo of the bundles in the red bag though.

I think W1 was chosen to make the drop for two reasons:

1. W1 was the regular driver and it wouldn't raise more suspicions by making the strange request to have an executive/accountant run an errand. SS was supposed to get the money but not raise alarms, under Wint's control, and asking the driver to run a driving errand is the least suspicious option.

2. SS was protecting his associates by keeping them away from the house.

There is also the option that Wint ordered W1 specifically to be the driver as they were in cahoots, but I'm not believing that W1 was in on the orchestration of this crime. Not yet, anyway.

BUT - and this is a big but - why lie about the locked car??? Nothing so far falls neatly into place about that lie.

Keep the ideas coming!

I think asking for $40,000 at the last minute is plenty suspicious. Asking a short-time employee to deliver that much money borders on reckless. I'd love to know what the AIW employee thought about turning over that kind of cash to W1. I would think asking the AIW employee to complete the transaction start to finish, including delivery is less suspicious than involving another (unnecessary, less-seasoned) player, but it's all strange and suspicious! I can see protecting his long-time friend/AIW employee, but if it came to friend/employee or family/kids, I think he would risk the former to be sure the job was done properly. It makes me think either SS thought he knew W1 better than he did (If he knew he was so indiscrete, would he be the one to trust with $40,000 and your kid's life?) or it wasn't his decision to involve him in the money drop. JMO.

I also wonder if W1 was paying DW to deliver the car. Half down, the rest when he got the car - and took a photo to show he had the rest ready. Would be interesting to see who else saw the photo, either directly from W1 or W2.

So he wasn't needed for any logical reason.

Just guessing...but that may be why LE finds that lie very interesting.

Yeah, I don't know that W1 knowingly had anything to do with this, but he wasn't necessary for this happen and it entailed risk bringing him into it - both because he's new and because you're adding another person. That JW would dawdle and mess around on the job would be a reason to not involve him as someone who messes around on the job taking pictures of rich fancy things could be robbed of the cash versus someone who would just do the job and not be distracted and delay. I would not want Mr. Look At Me Show Off On The Job to be a vital component to my family's survival.

I saw a photo of the house where detectives are looking through a window and there's a mattress in the window. How was it that no one heard anyone screaming? You have 4 people being tortured......no one is screaming? The houses may be spread out, but in the calm of night....you can hear all kinds of things. Did they prop mattresses up against the windows?
duct tape

W1 shows poor judgement
He took photos of his bosses cars and posted them
He was showing off about his job
I believe the photo of the money was another look at me moment
It seems he wanted to be seen as important

I can not explain his lies or lapses in memory
I can not explain the two bundles versus four bundles

If he had the money at nine AM, it would be interesting to know when it was delivered
Was it near noon?
If it was earlier, I would like to know what was going on in that house several hours before the fire

I'm thinking the opposite - he wanted to show off to his GF by how casually he carried the money. It's way cooler and more stylish to be casual. He wasn't the gangsta-bling type but the materialistic "inner circle" wanna be. Spreading it out would undermine the cool factor, plus he probably did it quickly on the run, and snapping a photo of it in his red-lined bag was quicker.

Yes, I am over-analyzing! Totally. :)

I know I keep harping on this, but...

If it was a quick pick, why take out half of it before photographing it? He's moving the money from the red bag to the manila envelope, and after moving two bundles, he thinks "Hey! I should take a picture of this and send it to my girlfriend!"? Possible, but if he's thinking that, why not show that he's casually carry $40,000 instead of half that? He may have wanted to be "inner circle" but his SM and websites were VERY materialistic/bling. #Livingthedream, etc.

As weird as it is that he took a photo of the money, it's way weirder that he took a photo of half the money.

I think asking for $40,000 at the last minute is plenty suspicious. Asking a short-time employee to deliver that much money borders on reckless. I'd love to know what the AIW employee thought about turning over that kind of cash to W1. I would think asking the AIW employee to complete the transaction start to finish, including delivery is less suspicious than involving another (unnecessary, less-seasoned) player, but it's all strange and suspicious! I can see protecting his long-time friend/AIW employee, but if it came to friend/employee or family/kids, I think he would risk the former to be sure the job was done properly. It makes me think either SS thought he knew W1 better than he did (If he knew he was so indiscrete, would he be the one to trust with $40,000 and your kid's life?) or it wasn't his decision to involve him in the money drop. JMO.

I also wonder if W1 was paying DW to deliver the car. Half down, the rest when he got the car - and took a photo to show he had the rest ready. Would be interesting to see who else saw the photo, either directly from W1 or W2.
I would like to know if the GF, who received the text message with the picture of the two bundles of cash...one without its bank wrapper, lives locally or elsewhere. Perhaps she forwarded the written texts and pic from her phone to the detectives.

I want to know how the "niece" in Bradenton, FL knew the exact amount the money drop before it was reported in the news.
What are the chances that she is related to someone who has connections to go karting and the Autobahn Track? (That is all I will speak of per TOS)

Over the weekend I got lost in so many posts. I'm still wondering how Wint alone overcame 4 people. How did he get in the house?
No alarm on? No secret alarms in the house? No hidden guns? wasn't there a dog? IMOO, had to be a plan and possible to have several people
involved, JMOO

From watching tv: you get them one at a time. Housekeeper first, then kid (who's in bed with concussion?), then mother when she gets home, then father when he gets home.

But I agree that there had to be more than one bad guy involved, maybe just not in the house.

'releasing suspects was strategic'

as brilliant a strategy as kuwait not having an army in 1990 im guessing.

In this scenario, the "extra" calls and texts to W-1 would have a different meaning, of course. Might have been DW making them about the car drop off or something. Then, you wonder about it being torched. Is somebody mad at somebody for getting ripped off?

TOTAL SPECULATION: If W-1 didn't follow through with his part (either for money or maybe a combination or key to a garage with other cars... lots of possibilities) - it could have caused DW to repeatedly try to get ahold of him after the money drop using SS's phone, and then torch the car to get back at him. Now W-1 is maybe hiding not from LE but from DW's brother (and the gang he has admitted belonging to) who is still out there.

If it was a quick pick, why take out half of it before photographing it? He's moving the money from the red bag to the manila envelope, and after moving two bundles, he thinks "Hey! I should take a picture of this and send it to my girlfriend!"? Possible, but if he's thinking that, why not show that he's casually carry $40,000 instead of half that? He may have wanted to be "inner circle" but his SM and websites were VERY materialistic/bling. #Livingthedream, etc.

As weird as it is that he took a photo of the money, it's way weirder that he took a photo of half the money.

We really don't know for certain that the entire $40K wasn't in the red-lined bag, just that you can only see two bundles in the photo. The other two bundles could be out of view, or the transfer to the bag for the photo shoot was done quickly and W1 felt he had to get "back to work." Or, he was just going for the effect of "I've got lots of money in my bag, baby" and $20K is quite impressive enough.

We really don't know....but can can continue to talk about it, lol!

Maybe the GF was supposed to wait for the car to be "delivered" after she got the photo of the money, while W-1 went in an entirely opposite direction (Chantilly) from the car drop area. Yes, I made that up. But it's a possibility. :)

When the details come out, and IMO they will, this is going to be a convoluted story about a few miscreants with grudges, who wanted revenge or some sense of crazy justice, who somehow found each other and developed an idiotic plan. But it all went wrong. The plan was flawed. Each participant made their own stupid mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1