DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who all is involved, just I'm pretty sure he/they weren't only after $40K...whatever the plan was, things did not go according to plan. Whether or not you're intending a quadruple homicide and whether or not you're acting alone, planning to take hostages for $40K from a multimillionaire family seems both an odd number and a low number. That all the cash is in the specialized box truck (and that this vehicle is even being used) with DW in the other car and that those people have been released, I'm thinking there's some thing or things very valuable that are being stored somewhere and LE is waiting for those involved to go to this valuable stuff. If for instance PS owned a go-kart that he used in racing, something like that would fit in the box truck, there could be very expensive big screen TVs, sword collection, etc that were moved out of the house. I can't imagine that DW and whoever else are spending hours upon hours in a mansion with lots of very valuable items and not taking them and instead purely focusing on the cash...there are criminals who have the self-control to just focus on cash or one other specific item, but those sorts of criminals would be going for more than $40K unless it was a lightening fast job where the money was already expected to be there. LE may be saying DW had to have help because something too large or heavy for one person to carry is missing.

I completely hear what you are saying
I don't think anything has been said about what may be missing from the home
I expect it would all have to be checked through insurance
Art doesn't have to be hanging on a wall or large
But would DW even know what he was looking for???

He may have. He sent more than 1 photo they only describe the photo of the bundles in the red bag though.

Seems this red bag is a big deal...couldn't it be as simple as he wanted to keep his red bag, so he put the money in the envelope instead? Or maybe I am not following this whole red bag thing.

And as far as the locked/unlocked car thing. My feeling - and of course it is just that - he said the car was locked, because at the time he might have only known the money was missing from the car. He didn't know the whole story - maybe just that his boss and family were killed and the house set on fire. He didn't really know what the money was for.

So if he tells them he locked the car, then he can't be blamed for leaving the money in an unlocked car??

I don't see these lies as significant. Maybe I am missing something...

I will throw my best guess out there. I hesitate to mention it because I feel people will not like it. But here goes. I think this will come down to something having to do with AIW/business interests in general. Either something that was not completely on the up and up or something someone perceived wasn't on the up and up. And I believe it is personal (as it relates to SS), because I do not think mere robbery or carjacking results in a dead housekeeper, spouse or child. Let alone all three. I do not believe this was primarily about money at all, I think that was just a "bonus" to the perp(s). I think it was about wiping out this family. I have no idea why.

And deep down I feel that DW is just too removed in time from AIW/SS for him to be the impetus behind this crime. Something about JW isn't sitting right with me, but I don't know for sure whether he is involved or not.

Seems this red bag is a big deal...couldn't it be as simple as he wanted to keep his red bag, so he put the money in the envelope instead? Or maybe I am not following this whole red bag thing.

And as far as the locked/unlocked car thing. My feeling - and of course it is just that - he said the car was locked, because at the time he might have only known the money was missing from the car. He didn't know the whole story - maybe just that his boss and family were killed and the house set on fire. He didn't really know what the money was for.

So if he tells them he locked the car, then he can't be blamed for leaving the money in an unlocked car??

The red bag..
Thats where the money started out?
If he transfered it to an envelope, he should know exactly where the bag is

Something else I keep thinking about...

So many are calling him indiscreet, violating his boss, etc.

Either Phillip or Amy (or both) were friends with JW on Facebook. I know I saw it when this all first came about.

So all of his pictures about being in "his office, the boss's car" etc were known by the family. Some here have turned them into sinister photos...I just don't see them that way. He was saying how awesome it was to have the job he has. He wasn't hurting the family by doing that. He certainly wasn't hiding it from them!!!

Something else I keep thinking about...

So many are calling him indiscreet, violating his boss, etc.

Either Phillip or Amy (or both) were friends with JW on Facebook. I know I saw it when this all first came about.

So all of his pictures about being in "his office, the boss's car" etc were known by the family. Some here have turned them into sinister photos...I just don't see them that way. He was saying how awesome it was to have the job he has. He wasn't hurting the family by doing that. He certainly wasn't hiding it from them!!!

well, perhaps they couldn't see EVERYTHING he posted on FB

This is me.. my opinion on how I would feel.. not saying anyone else would
I feel its an invasion of privacy
My things are my things. not to be splashed over SM unless I wish to do it

Yeah, I don't know that W1 knowingly had anything to do with this, but he wasn't necessary for this happen and it entailed risk bringing him into it - both because he's new and because you're adding another person. That JW would dawdle and mess around on the job would be a reason to not involve him as someone who messes around on the job taking pictures of rich fancy things could be robbed of the cash versus someone who would just do the job and not be distracted and delay. I would not want Mr. Look At Me Show Off On The Job to be a vital component to my family's survival.

I am not sure why you think that he set up some elaborate photo shoot with this money?? You must be aware that taking a picture with an iPhone takes about 5 seconds, right? It could have been taken while sitting at a red light.

I don't think I have a clear cut opinion
I keep going back and forth

If the extortion or ransom was for a much higher amount I would have an easier time reaching a conclusion
I do understand from all of the lengthy posts about banking that it isn't easy to get large sums of cash

The car thing makes some sense to me based on their value but AFAIK the most valued is not missing
We have not heard whether any others are
The truck being driven upon arrest leans towards car theft/chopshop as well

As far as W1.. I have not been shown a connection between him and DW yet
He is silent at the moment but that doesn't make him guilty to me
I do feel he is not someone i would employ. His actions posting pics of other peoples property really puts me off
If it comes out that he is guilty of something other than stupidity, I will be very surprised if it involves the actual murder or planning of murder

Having said that, I have been surprised before :blushing:

Yes. If this was about cars then what's the purpose of waiting overnight for cash? And then set fire to the home with the cars in the attached garage

Wondering if JW submitted his fingerprints to LE. LE would have dusted the Mosler & garage (and the entire crime scene) for prints and they would certainly want a copy of JW's fingerprints. JMO.

Yes but it can be expected JW's prints could be found on the Mosler, Porsche and other cars in the family, he had access.

I just noticed this, but this seems to be saying that the garage doors were open when NF's husband was there:
'I was knocking and knocking and ringing the bell, and I just had a feeling somebody was inside,' Alfaro tearfully told ABC affiliate WJLA-TV.

'I saw the two cars in the garage, the Porsche was on the street,' he explained.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-cell-phone-call-inside-saying-wife-out.html
Maybe LE thinks JW would have to be insane to leave $40K in cash in an unlocked $700K car sitting right there in an open garage where gardeners, dog walkers, housekeepers or anyone else could do a snatch-and-grab...if SS said he was on the phone and would get it after he was off the phone would be a very good reason to stick around for a few minutes to be sure that nobody snatched it from the open garage before SS got it, so that he didn't end up fired and arrested for grand theft. I really would like to know what cars were found on the scene and what car JW was driving when doing the drop-off. If NF's husband saw only three cars, that could mean that one or more other cars were in use transporting stuff from the house.

The red bag..
Thats where the money started out?
If he transfered it to an envelope, he should know exactly where the bag is

Where has it been said that he doesn't know where the red bag is? I may have missed that...

Yes but it can be expected JW's prints could be found on the Mosler, Porsche and other cars in the family, he had access.

Maybe its the lack of prints which is interesting to LE
On a car key
Maybe thats why they are questioning locked versus unlocked

Where has it been said that he doesn't know where the red bag is? I may have missed that...

I don't know if it has been said
If LE have the red bag, the only other question would be why the transfer

Has anyone here ever seen a Mosler in real life? I never even heard of one before this case. I asked my 14 year old son (who suddenly knows about fancy cars) if he ever heard of one and he looked at me with a blank look on his face. My point being, I think these guys would have been absolutely crazy to think they could steal this virtually one of a kind car and get away with it. While a Porsche is certainly nothing to sneeze at, on any given Saturday at the McLean Little League field you would see several of them in the parking lot. Not nearly as rare in those parts is my point, so they wouldn't stick out driving it (although with W3 apparently they did).

I don't think stealing cars was the endgame here. I think the Porsche was "just" a mode of transportation to get suspect(s) away from the crime scene and closer to home.

I agree with everything you said. But we're also not the kind of people to hold 4 people hostage, then torture and murder them. Whatever the motive, it wasn't good enough. I can see that crazy car being coveted and no sane person would think they could get away with it. But no sane person would do what the perp(s) did IMO. I don't mean criminally insane. I think these people knew what they were doing was wrong, and they could have stopped themselves if they wanted to.

Of course something like this could be the case. As long as all the other things just also happen to be the case, such as:

-He liked his red bag. Kept it. Put the money in an envelope instead. Then lied about the money always being in an envelope. Because he liked his bag? Or because he fooled with the money? In either case, it is certain he handled the money.
-Texted a photo of some portion of the money. In the red bag. To his GF. Just to brag. Even if it was ALL the money and part was somehow obscured, LE has seen that photo. And they decided to put in the report how the money looked before it went into that bag. And it sounded different from what the photo showed. And he never mentioned the bag until he was shown the photo. Because he thought...?
-He forgot about the Wednesday text to show up for the Thursday hand-off and instead said SS called him Thursday morning. Forgetful? Stressed?

It's multiple things. And here's another question that has bugged me. He was supposed to pick up "a package." So he shows up with a red bag for that job? I wouldn't have a bag at all, I'm expecting a package. Why didn't he just put the money in his pocket then put it in the Mosler? Well? Because he had a manilla envelope TOO!!! He sure did come prepared to pick up that "package."

I'm finding that I have to make up a lot of stories in order to believe his.

I just noticed this, but this seems to be saying that the garage doors were open when NF's husband was there:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-cell-phone-call-inside-saying-wife-out.html
Maybe LE thinks JW would have to be insane to leave $40K in cash in an unlocked $700K car sitting right there in an open garage where gardeners, dog walkers, housekeepers or anyone else could do a snatch-and-grab...if SS said he was on the phone and would get it after he was off the phone would be a very good reason to stick around for a few minutes to be sure that nobody snatched it from the open garage before SS got it, so that he didn't end up fired and arrested for grand theft. I really would like to know what cars were found on the scene and what car JW was driving when doing the drop-off. If NF's husband saw only three cars, that could mean that one or more other cars were in use transporting stuff from the house.

I think he was talking about the 2 cars in the driveway...not the garage. They were in front of the garage. If the garage was open, he would have said 3 or 4 cars. Not just 2.

Yes, but the absence of JW's prints on the Mosler and on any key to the Mosler that they located could be important re JW's initial story and final changed story. Not saying they can lift prints from a key but they may have told JW they could. Just some random thoughts and JMO.

I don't know if it has been said
If LE have the red bag, the only other question would be why the transfer

Why would LE have the red bag...unless JW gave it to them? I mean, I guess he could have.

And the answer to why the transfer could be very simple...he wanted to keep his red bag!

I will throw my best guess out there. I hesitate to mention it because I feel people will not like it. But here goes. I think this will come down to something having to do with AIW/business interests in general. Either something that was not completely on the up and up or something someone perceived wasn't on the up and up. And I believe it is personal (as it relates to SS), because I do not think mere robbery or carjacking results in a dead housekeeper, spouse or child. Let alone all three. I do not believe this was primarily about money at all, I think that was just a "bonus" to the perp(s). I think it was about wiping out this family. I have no idea why.

And deep down I feel that DW is just too removed in time from AIW/SS for him to be the impetus behind this crime. Something about JW isn't sitting right with me, but I don't know for sure whether he is involved or not.

I'm in agreement. I do not believe $$$ was the sole motivation. It was about wiping out that family, in particular a father/son. Son equals legacy, carrying on the name. No son means name of S does not continue through a male child. I don't know it's something about the father/son angle keeps gnawing at me. In part because of how ruthless PS was murdered. So much anger, hatred to do that as if they wanted to make sure the S name would not continue through a male child. Is there a nameless face out there who wanted revenge against the S family and put this all in motion? The "key" to this is staring us in the face, it's just a matter of "seeing" it (hopefully).

Why would LE have the red bag...unless JW gave it to them? I mean, I guess he could have.

And the answer to why the transfer could be very simple...he wanted to keep his red bag!

Yes, it could be that simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member