DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the money left in the Mosler? I need to Google as I don't even know what it looks like. Maybe DW wanted it put in that car as he planned to use it as a getaway car. I know, that would be a tad conspicuous, but remember...we are talking about a guy who doesn't like pizza, never eats pizza but orders 2 during a hostage situation and eats it before murdering 4 people leaving his DNA on some uneaten crust.

I think the Mosler was the only car in the Garage

I am not sure what the answer is, but SS had to drive something home on Wednesday night. And it wasn't the Bentley, since that wasn't at the house.
And I don't think it was the Porsche since the neighbor saw it speed away that afternoon. Unless it was SS leaving late that day and he was, late.

BBM: :( I agree with you.

I HATE IT when people misread my sense of humor - it's mortifying to be completely misunderstood when you're making jokes you think are funny, but no one bothers to double check because they're putting their own projection on it.

Thank you jd dickenson and millhouse for telling us this is from Anchorman - I've not seen that movie, but I did recognize that JW was being funny describing his his office and the picture of the fine dashboard, lol!

Here's a clip from Anchorman with that line in context:

[video=youtube;Hzx8KHjQD6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzx8KHjQD6c[/video]

So, making this reference is faux self-importance / transparent preening / mock bragging on the part of W-1. His riff is cleverly constructed and probably got a good laugh among his friends who liked Anchorman, a movie that unleashed a lot of catch phrases in its day.

It appears they had 6 cars total (Audi, Bentley, Mosler, Porsche, White Range Rover, Tan Range Rover). Audi, White Range Rover were parked in driveway. Red Mosler in one garage. Bentley (unconfirmed) in other garage?? Porsche (later burned) and Tan Range Rover parked on street. They had 2 spaces (on street)

The Audi, White Range Rover & Tan Range Rover were towed away today.

Many thanks for the info. So it is the Bentley that is still unconfirmed, but thought to be in the other garage next to the Mosley?

Was the money left in the Mosler? I need to Google as I don't even know what it looks like. Maybe DW wanted it put in that car as he planned to use it as a getaway car. I know, that would be a tad conspicuous, but remember...we are talking about a guy who doesn't like pizza, never eats pizza but orders 2 during a hostage situation and eats it before murdering 4 people leaving his DNA on some uneaten crust.

I am pretty sure the money was left in the Mosler because Mosler was in the garage. The suspect thus could enter the garage from the home, get the money, and neighbors wouldn't see him.

Or did W1 drive him home Wednesday? Do we know?

I am not sure if this is known. I don't know anyway.

I have thought he must have gotten the call from Amy to come home...and I think that phone call might have given him some information that all was not well. That she said something to make sure he came home alone. But that is again, more speculation on my part, because I do think that when he left that night he knew something was up based on what he told NG. That he had to leave right then cause AS was going out, which would probably be kind of strange for them because I have a feeling their lives were very scheduled. I don't see them leading the type of life where AS decides "OH honey, you gotta come home from work right away, drop everything you are doing, because I want to go have a glass of wine with the girls1"

And then NG got that call later that evening that AS was sick and call VG's husband that she was spending the night cause of issues with Phillip.

Hope that all makes sense. It has been a long day!

I am pretty sure the money was left in the Mosler because Mosler was in the garage. The suspect thus could enter the garage from the home, get the money, and neighbors wouldn't see him.

Makes sense.

FOX 5 DC ‏@fox5newsdc 5m5 minutes ago
EXCLUSIVE: Police tow 3 vehicles from home of DC quadruple murder. Latest on FOX 5 News at 10 http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29185043/exclusive-police-tow-vehicles-dc-quadruple-murder …

CGIqorrUoAEsbOI.jpg

CGIqovIUoAAa266.jpg

CGIqowYUgAAEpFv.jpg

CGIZY6AWUAAcWoa.jpg

It sure took police a long time to tow those cars. By now evidence could be compromised.

So....what are the looking for in all those cars???

Good question. I don't know. Look for the common denominator. There's only one that I can think of. And that is the driver. But, what are they doing? I don't know...

I think the Mosler was the only car in the Garage

I wondered too, why put the money in the Mosler, but it was the only car confirmed located in a garage, so more privacy. The rest were in the drive way or on the street.
Google Mosler, you can see it is a totally over the top vehicle and would have been very conspicuous as a get away car. But anything is possible with Wint.

It sure took police a long time to tow those cars. By now evidence could be compromised.

Possibly so but you will notice that those were evidently the police-equivalent of roll-backs.

They were trailers but they effectively do the same job although roll-backs do it more safely and securely.

Obviously the fleet maintenance truck was not equipped to do anything like this.

It appears they had 6 cars total (Audi, Bentley, Mosler, Porsche, White Range Rover, Tan Range Rover). Audi, White Range Rover were parked in driveway. Red Mosler in one garage. Bentley (unconfirmed) in other garage?? Porsche (later burned) and Tan Range Rover parked on street. They had 2 spaces (on street)

The Audi, White Range Rover & Tan Range Rover were towed away today.

So there pretty much has to be another garage somewhere.

We don't know at this point who else was involved and in what capacity.
Was this Wint's idea, or someone else's? And did Wint pay others to help him, or did someone pay him?

I think Wint is a straight up criminal and I don't think he was hired. Might have seen an avenue to SS through someone else, though. JMO

I think Wint is a straight up criminal and I don't think he was hired. Might have seen an avenue to SS through someone else, though. JMO

Kind of goes without saying.

Unless you want to insert "allegedly".

:thinking:

Those pictures of the cars being towed show how close the garage is to the street. Here's another view, from Google Street View, which shows the garage and the position of the house at the street corner:

vjsLD0.png

It's really stunning that a $700K Mosler is parked about 30 feet off the street in that garage. Even more stunning is the idea that SS asked W-1 to put $40K cash in that unlocked Mosler, so close to the street, possibly with the garage door open.

That was always a strange and suspicious request, but it's also reckless given the location. It's a shame that W-1 didn't balk.

Agree. Although I think if Wint had help it was from one of his family members

That's what's being assumed. Now that I think about it court docs don't disclose model of car, just W-1 left $$$ in SS's car. I still want to know if another car was next to Mosler. Couldn't have been Tan Range Rover because news report said it was parked on 32nd street.

For those that can afford it racing is a great sport and has so many levels and as racers grow they obtain various license depending on their training and shown expertise.

I worked in track safety for a private race track in S. Georgia and we hosted club racers of all types except dragsters. No visitors were allowed, it was a private race track.

It would be unsafe to have full outright racing with beginners and experts mixing it up on the track. Equipment, carts, cars and insurance are too expensive to risk experts and beginners who may or may not know to read race flags like yellow, red or black flags and what a move over your going to be passed flag looks like.

So groups are separated into beginners, novices and experts with each striving for a higher class. Racing classes given by the racing group to each class helps advance drivers. It's more like an apprenticeship for racers. One caveat is if you keep advancing, it takes tons of money to play with high performance cars.

Just an overview kinda

Attachments

• PorsheRedcast-04.jpg
    PorsheRedcast-04.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 23
N
Those pictures of the cars being towed show how close the garage is to the street. Here's another view, from Google Street View, which shows the garage and the position of the house at the street corner:

vjsLD0.png

It's really stunning that a $700K Mosler is parked about 30 feet off the street in that garage. Even more stunning is the idea that SS asked W-1 to put $40K cash in that unlocked Mosler, so close to the street, possibly with the garage door open.

That was always a strange and suspicious request, but it's also reckless given the location. It's a shame that W-1 didn't balk.

There is the trash can...wonder what day they pick up? Was that the ruse, dress like the garbage guy, push the can up and go in the house?
What if someone went in the back door, which was probably not locked, while someone else rang the front bell?

Is that a soccer net in the yard? Do you think PS ever played in the yard alone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1