DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All evidence says that Wint was torturing the son to gain the cooperation of the adults.

I'm not sure about that. I don't know why they wouldn't be cooperating immediately upon being kidnapped. I think SS would cooperate just because PS was captured and it wouldn't take doing anything to PS to get cooperation from SS/AS.

I'm not ready yet to think W1 is involved. I think LE is pressing hard, very hard, for W1 to come out of hiding and talk to them. I'm sure LE is not happy with the fact that W1 lied to them and I'm sure they don't want to play friendly with him.

But, I'm not ready to think he was involved with this heinous crime. I hope I'm not wrong, though I concede I could be.

So, you think that after talking to LE, W-1 is no longer talking to LE while also not talking to the media? You think that LE gave the green light to Fox 5 to go code red on him? This is certainly a threat, though it comes from the mouth of a former U.S. attorney:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29173374/savopoulos-assistant
Howard told us the government will likely go back to him in this way:

“Mr. Wallace, this is what we have and this is what you said, they don't match,” said Howard. “Here are your options -- you can either work with us so we can present a case or you are against us and that will put you at the defense table where we are charging individuals with being part of killing four people.”

I thought that was very reckless journalism, bordering on defamation. However, maybe Fox 5 got the tip that they should go hard at W-1 and put Roscoe Howard (a former U.S. attorney for D.C.) on camera.

If that's the play, maybe W-1 has lawyered up or is simply refusing to be interviewed again.

Like you, I'm not persuaded (yet) that he's involved, and I know that LE sometimes will go hard after the wrong guy. If they tipped Fox 5 to go after him, they are playing rough indeed.

W-1 would have to be a new level of idiot to text a photo of the cash to his girlfriend in the middle of a high-stakes extortion crime. It doesn't make sense to me at all. He's super shallow and materialistic, but texting photos of cash to a girlfriend is not the game face of someone in the middle of a home invasion / extortion crime. To me that's exculpatory in his favor. Likewise, I think he lied to investigators because he was scared and stupid.

That and that W-1 lied to the police about details having to do with the money and texted a photo of half (not all) of the money to his girlfriend, and that his father lived near where the Porsche was found, and that had been fired from his position as Director of Marketing at the go-kart track.
Well, I was responding to a very specific question, and the answer did not require a complete rundown on his entire background (real or imagined).

So, you think that after talking to LE, W-1 is no longer talking to LE while also not talking to the media? You think that LE gave the green light to Fox 5 to go code red on him? This is certainly a threat, though it comes from the mouth of a former U.S. attorney:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29173374/savopoulos-assistant

I thought that was very reckless journalism, bordering on defamation. However, maybe Fox 5 got the tip that they should go hard at W-1 and put Roscoe Howard (a former U.S. attorney for D.C.) on camera.

If that's the play, maybe W-1 has lawyered up or is simply refusing to be interviewed again.

Like you, I'm not persuaded (yet) that he's involved, and I know that LE sometimes will go hard after the wrong guy. If they tipped Fox 5 to go after him, they are playing rough indeed.

W-1 would have to be a new level of idiot to text a photo of the cash to his girlfriend in the middle of a high-stakes extortion crime. It doesn't make sense to me at all. He's super shallow and materialistic, but texting photos of cash to a girlfriend is not the game face of someone in the middle of a home invasion / extortion crime. To me that's exculpatory in his favor. Likewise, I think he lied to investigators because he was scared and stupid.

So well said, I had to quote!!

I am almost positive that reporters and other talk shows use websites like this - and others not remotely similar to this - to get their talking points. I have seen it many times!

All we know really is that W1 and his mom are laying low. And, I don't blame them, as long as the police know where he is and as long as he is cooperating with them.

If they are suspecting him, he doesn't have to talk to them.
He certainly shouldn't talk to them without a lawyer present.
Police clearly don't believe DW acted alone. I don't blame them, seems hard to believe one person could pull all of it off.
But I also don't blame the assistant for being scared if he had nothing to do with it, yet might be suspected.

Interesting. Did you get a feel for if they were implying his involvement in any way?

Not really. Said the police know where he is and he won't talk to the media.

ITA. I think he was bragging to his g/f of how important his job is and how his boss trusts him to deliver large sums of money. It certainly doesn't mean he is involved in this crime. In fact it wouldn't make any sense if he were involved in the crime. He showed his cell phone to the police. He didn't delete these messages.

I'm not sure about that. I don't know why they wouldn't be cooperating immediately upon being kidnapped. I think SS would cooperate just because PS was captured and it wouldn't take doing anything to PS to get cooperation from SS/AS.

Why was PS screaming while SS was trying to leave voicemail for the maid NG?

I interpreted that as Philip being tortured or threatened to coerce SS to make the call and leave voicemail as instructed, with no variation.

However, I think poor Philip had the right idea in screaming. I think SS should have challenged / disobeyed Wint from the start or at any time after, assuming only Wint was in the house. Since SS could likely identify Wint by name, his best move was to get out of the house. Failing that, he should have blurted out the name of his assailant while on any of his many phone calls. That would call Wint's bluff. "You want to kill us now, when the police will know your name?" Even if he couldn't remember his name, he could say on the phone to the accountant or to his sister, "The welder with the machete is back and holding us hostage!"

If they are suspecting him, he doesn't have to talk to them.
He certainly shouldn't talk to them without a lawyer present.
Police clearly don't believe DW acted alone. I don't blame them, seems hard to believe one person could pull all of it off.
But I also don't blame the assistant for being scared if he had nothing to do with it, yet might be suspected.

Wonder if JW will attend the S's funeral?

And IMO, she doesn't need to use media to try to contact them. The obituary has been published. She can travel to DC and pay her respects at the wake.

Related or not, I think the girl is a con artist. She and her mother have dozens of criminal and civil cases in Maryland, Florida and Virginia (that I've found - could be more.) I actually think the daughter is trying to establish her mother's relationship to the murdered family - even if she is related, they have clearly not been in contact for many years and it is strange that this girl would come out of the woodwork in this way immediately after the murders. I think she smells money and/or attention. There sure are a lot of crazy, narcissistic people in this world!

ITA. I think he was bragging to his g/f of how important his job is and how his boss trusts him to deliver large sums of money. It certainly doesn't mean he is involved in this crime. In fact it wouldn't make any sense if he were involved in the crime. He showed his cell phone to the police. He didn't delete these messages.

Do you really think, "no way did he do it," or are you simply not convinced because you don't think any of the things people have been citing as evidence rise to a high enough threshold? Just curious.

He told the police he didn't see the money and W2(his girlfriend) showed the police her phone with a picture of the money that he texted her.

That girl posted a pic of her birth certificate with her mothers maiden name..she appears legit.

Why was PS screaming while SS was trying to leave voicemail for the maid NG?

I interpreted that as Philip being tortured or threatened to coerce SS to make the call and leave voicemail as instructed, with no variation.

However, I think poor Philip had the right idea in screaming. I think SS should have challenged / disobeyed Wint from the start or at any time after, assuming only Wint was in the house. Since SS could likely identify Wint by name, his best move was to get out of the house. Failing that, he should have blurted out the name of his assailant while on any of his many phone calls. That would call Wint's bluff. "You want to kill us now, when the police will know your name?" Even if he couldn't remember his name, he could say on the phone to the accountant or to his sister, "The welder with the machete is back and holding us hostage!"

I thought we could hear Philip because his gut instinct was to resist and try to get help, and that he had the better instincts in this case. At least I hope we weren't hearing him being tortured :(

I tend to agree that W1 (Justin Wallace) is not directly involved in any of the murders or arson involved in this case. I bet in hindsight he panicked, lied and felt guilty about what he later found out. The police know where Wallace is but he will not talk to the media.... can you blame the guy? He lied and got nervous which is widely available on Scribd for anyone to read but in IMO, this guy might look bad but I am doubtful he is guilty beyond his obvious lies (which I felt were from fear after he found out what happened to his employers and their son).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz