DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AND....(I keep thinking of more reasons JW needs to be looked at further)....to me he looks more like the guy in the video than DW, he could be described as a black male with short groomed hair, he always mentions in his videos he needs more money to race, he shows a blatant disregard for boundaries. I could go on....

I totally agree with you. I've always thought the video was of W-1 rather than DW.

I thought his crying was odd as well... I could see at first being in shock and disbelieve
And later the tears... It struck me as disingenuous and contrived.

I don't think it's odd. My husband is a soft hearted man. Not long after we were married, I sat with him and watched The Patriot. I heard sniffling on the side of me... he was holding back tears. He's more likely to cry than I am.

JW may have only worked for SS for a month or so, but he was familiar with the family during the time he worked at the go cart track. He could have been crying for any reason, including fear of involvement if he was involved.

d

Maybe it's the last sighting of the car that leads the police to suspect more than one person is involved. If the car was driven off someplace at 10:30 AM and not returned to the house (something we don't know either way but perhaps the police do), it would have to have been by someone other than the person who set the fire at 1ish.

I wonder why the long delay between the money drop and the fire. Someone had to be doing something during that time. A murder can be committed in a matter of minutes. I wonder what else was happening.

IMO, the 10:30 last time seen at the house is the last time anyone in the neighborhood saw it. Not necessarily when it left. But that is just my conjecture on that.

As far as what happened between the money drop and the killing/fire...and the SS call to JW at 11:54.

Of course, this is just my theory...but DDW wasn't satisfied with the $40K that was able to be gathered on quick notice. Because I don't think SS specified a certain amount of money...though this is an area I am less sure about then others. DDW was threating to kill them all if he didn't get more, so SS thought of one more thing...and tried to call JW to get it.

Others have a very different theory.

But I cannot believe that SS and DW would allow for that. Why would they ask him to put it in the car if it were locked up? Why would they want him to have to come in for a key?

Maybe my thoughts are being relayed clearly...let's ASSUME W1 was involved...maybe he met Witt in the garage to give him the money?!?!?...when being questioned by police, his story read that he dropped the money off in the car (which we are for this example ASSUMING wasn't true)...when investigators ask detail questions about when/where/how he dropped off the money, his story was he left it in the car because since it was a lie, he had to give them some answer...investigators would have asked if the car was locked/unlocked...at first he said locked...investigators then knew either he had to be lying because keys were kept in the house (just speculation) or he had to be involved because if he did in fact retrieved the keys like he said, he would have gone in the house thus being involved because he made it out alive and then he lied to investigators without even thinking of details like locked/unlocked car...when put on the spot, he just spouted an answer hoping it was the right one....just a theory...

Was the detailed information about the apartment numbers linked here? Can you direct me to it? Love this place..But I need your help here to find the specific details I missed.

It was sleuthing family, so not part of the case. It got removed. You can do your own search at the same site, though. It's familytreenow.com. You just enter names, etc. - you may have to try a few options. The addresses come up. Hope it helps. :)

This is sheer speculation after having lived in a very large, sprawling complex for a year when relocated for work, but my son--all of the boys--hung out outside. I would venture to say there wasn't a male person his age there that he didn't know on some level. Doesn't mean it's the case here, but it's a real-life example that shows that it is very possible to know others in a large complex.

Come on guys, IMO if JW was in Cahoots with the kidnappers, there is NO WAY he would be so dumb as to text photos of the money to his girl friend. Obviously, since he was the messenger in the money drop, LE was going to check his phone and see what info came in/out of his phone around the time of the murder. If he had any idea what was going on, he would NEVER have texted out a photo of the loot to his girlfriend... because he would have tried to distance himself as much as possible from the crime and would have tried to portray himself in the best light. With that said, the guy seems highly immature and not the sharpest tool in the shed. NOT Discrete. I doubt he would have lasted long at the job. He annoys me to no end and I don't even know him!

BBM. I disagree. Immature young men can be impulsive and there are several crimes that were taking place. His adrenaline would have been pumping.

JMO

This is sheer speculation after having lived in a very large, sprawling complex for a year when relocated for work, but my son--all of the boys--hung out outside. I would venture to say there wasn't a male person his age there that he didn't know on some level. Doesn't mean it's the case here, but it's a real-life example that shows that it is very possible to know others in a large complex.

Then I am very confused about when they were reported to be living in the same complex? As teens? Or as adults?

Of course it is possible. But DDW and JW don't seem to have much in common.

Has anyone found any sort of record for JW???

I wanted to draw your attention to a post (#21, this thread) that I made yesterday regarding that property.

Good work spotting those cameras! I would imagine the neighborhood is alive with cameras and hopefully they have already played into and will continue to help in the solving of this crime.

There are traffic cameras everywhere near this neighborhood. High on poles and low - there are these odd metal boxes about 3 feet high with cameras, that may be placed by secret service, although I don't know for sure. I don't see how anyone could enter or leave that neighborhood without being caught on video - and that doesn't even include all the personal security cameras...

I totally agree with you. I've always thought the video was of W-1 rather than DW.

I downloaded pictures early on of JTW wearing jeans and shoes that looked like the person in the video, then felt bad about it and removed them. I did wonder if it might have been him. If things went not-as-planned, assuming there was a plan, and JW found out DW had killed the family, he could have burned the car right near DW's address on purpose.

We have had this conversation. It takes mere seconds to snap a picture. It could have been done while he was sitting at a light, which happens a lot in DC. We have absolutely no idea that the photo was taken in the Mosler, and I would be very surprised that it was. Especially since the red bag was not left in the Mosler, but the money was in a Manilla envelope.

And while we don't know when the text was sent, again that takes a matter of seconds. I can snap a pic of my dog and send a text of it to my friend in less than 10 seconds. If I add dialogue of what my dog is doing, increase that to maybe 20 seconds.

But if time is of the essence, the unnecessary photo taking/money moving (from bag to envelope, etc.)/texting is time wasted. Also shows there is no way W1 didn't know exactly what he was delivering, contrary to his initial statement.

I going to make up a story...based on NO facts. Just a story.

You are a 28 year old man. You are talented at racing. You have a taste of what it is to have success in this sport. But you are hampered. Because it's expensive. These races are in California, Italy...you need airfare, hotel expense, food, entry fees. You KNOW you could be big time if you could just have the money for a CHANCE.

You try selling tee shirts ....you try getting sponsors. But you just can't get the money you need.

MONEY is ALL that is keeping you from everything you want.

Then you meet a kid...a 10 year old kid. His Father says...I want the best of everything for my boy! Money is no object! You see the money he is spending on this child...this BABY! anything and everything!

If you only had a Dad like that! It's so unfair! YOU have the talent...not this kid! You are 28 years old...not 10! You need money now!

Imagine being up close and personal, to all kinds of money.."the best of everything" spent on this kid... And maybe, after being fired earlier...you can't even get the money together to compete. Your new job, driving all these amazing, ridiculously expensive cars only fuels your sense of unfairness.

You want a piece of the pie. YOU NEED it. If you only had a CHANCE...you could get it! It's almost an emergency.

You know how this Rich guy dotes on that kid. You'll extort a little money...that guy from the neighborhood will help. No one will get hurt.

But why shouldn't you FOR ONCE have your chance?These people have so freaking much they won't miss it!,

Now....MAYBE someone could feel that way.

Or maybe they could just be thrilled with the new job and think it's wonderful to be around the family.

Who knows about human nature?

I have no facts, so this issue just imagination. Many of you think just the opposite, and until we know more...you could be absolutely RIGHT.

I downloaded pictures early on of JTW wearing jeans and shoes that looked like the person in the video, then felt bad about it and removed them. I did wonder if it might have been him. If things went not-as-planned, assuming there was a plan, and JW found out DW had killed the family, he could have burned the car right near DW's address on purpose.

But didnt LE already say that they have JW ON VIDEO at the LOWES which is 45 min away, during the time of the killings and the fire?

Really? He never thought they would look at his phone in a quadruple murder investigation? How in the world could that be possible?

I think it very possible W-1 was not aware DW intended to slaughter everyone. According to the article posted upthread, police have acknowledged the two men have a connection.

JMO

Someone brought this up earlier...and it made sense to me...the Manilla envelope was in the Mosler.

SS (could have) told JW to put the money in the seat of the Mosler, where he had left a Manilla envelope. The person who brought this up said it was in the charging documents. I read those a couple of times, but they were so chopped up and confusing, that I haven't gone back to verify this.

CD: Mr. S told W1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W1 stated, when IT arrived at Mr.
S' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car.

He clearly didn't think through those points when he created that lie.

d

Maybe it's the last sighting of the car that leads the police to suspect more than one person is involved. If the car was driven off someplace at 10:30 AM and not returned to the house (something we don't know either way but perhaps the police do), it would have to have been by someone other than the person who set the fire at 1ish.

I wonder why the long delay between the money drop and the fire. Someone had to be doing something during that time. A murder can be committed in a matter of minutes. I wonder what else was happening.

We don't actually know when JW arrived at the house. There is a presumption that he got there before too long, but no specific times are publicly given from LE other than saying certain times when JW was at a hardware store.

I think Philip and his father would have viewed his racing as nothing more than a fun and educational hobby, Philip was the wrong body type for serious racing (going by his photos and pics of his dad who he strongly resembled) and I think it's much more likely his serious education would have focussed on business. JW, being part of that scene would know that.

I going to make up a story...based on NO facts. Just a story.

You are a 28 year old man. You are talented at racing. You have a taste of what it is to have success in this sport. But you are hampered. Because it's expensive. These races are in California, Italy...you need airfare, hotel expense, food, entry fees. You KNOW you could be big time if you could just have the money for a CHANCE.

You try selling tee shirts ....you try getting sponsors. But you just can't get the money you need.

MONEY is ALL that is keeping you from everything you want.

Then you meet a kid...a 10 year old kid. His Father says...I want the best of everything for my boy! Money is no object! You see the money he is spending on this child...this BABY! anything and everything!

If you only had a Dad like that! It's so unfair! YOU have the talent...not this kid! You are 28 years old...not 10! You need money now!

Imagine being up close and personal, to all kinds of money.."the best of everything" spent on this kid... And maybe, after being fired earlier...you can't even get the money together to compete. Your new job, driving all these amazing, ridiculously expensive cars only fuels your sense of unfairness.

You want a piece of the pie. YOU NEED it. If you only had a CHANCE...you could get it! It's almost an emergency.

You know how this Rich guy dotes on that kid. You'll extort a little money...that guy from the neighborhood will help. No one will get hurt.

But why shouldn't you FOR ONCE have your chance?These people have so freaking much they won't miss it!,

Now....MAYBE someone could feel that way.

Or maybe they could just be thrilled with the new job and think it's wonderful to be around the family.

Who knows about human nature?

I have no facts, so this issue just imagination. Many of you think just the opposite, and until we know more...you could be absolutely RIGHT.

Well, if he did think that way and set this up, then he will never see the light of day again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55