DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
d

Maybe it's the last sighting of the car that leads the police to suspect more than one person is involved. If the car was driven off someplace at 10:30 AM and not returned to the house (something we don't know either way but perhaps the police do), it would have to have been by someone other than the person who set the fire at 1ish.

I wonder why the long delay between the money drop and the fire. Someone had to be doing something during that time. A murder can be committed in a matter of minutes. I wonder what else was happening.

Hmmm... I thought the Porsche was seen driven away at 1:30? (Or maybe W3 saw the car being driven elsewhere at 1:30) If it was last seen at 10:30 at the home, then there has to be someone else involved with DW

But didnt LE already say that they have JW ON VIDEO at the LOWES which is 45 min away, during the time of the killings and the fire?

The Porsche was torched at 5:30, 4 hours after house fire

Why on earth would there be any proof the money was in the car??

The reason there was nothing in the car was because DDW had taken it out. Because the Savopoulos family was being help hostage, and a large sum of cash was gathered together in a out of the blue request, that those involved had told police was needed ASAP.

They know that DDW kept the family hostage, because his DNA was found where 4 people were tied up, tortured and killed.

The charging documents had to include how the money got to the house for DDW to take out of the car...because they had to prove kidnapping for ransom. Which is why DW's story is included in the charging documents.

They had SS's phone. They were able to contact all of those people he called that morning to figure out what really happened.

I didn't know they had SS' phone. That should be VERY helpful!

Of course it is possible. But DDW and JW don't seem to have much in common.

Has anyone found any sort of record for JW???

Imo we know that they have more in common than not.

They lived in the same neighborhood
Both worked at AIW

JW has one recorded record in MD. Driving a BMW with no front or back tags 10/14

BBM
The money wouldn't be handed over to JW right there in the bank because it was signed out by the AIW employee. The bank gives him the money. He has to take it himself. Thus he will leave he bank with possession of the cash. JMO

I think SI means, if they are both in the bank, why wouldn't the employee just hand the money to W1, rather than put 4 bundles in his pockets, carry the bundles (where?) then place the bundles in the bag, especially if W1 has a manila envelope on hand just for the cash? It's not the bank's business who walks out with the cash, just who they hand the cash to.

Can someone clarify the 'living in the same neighborhood' discussion. I thought it was just that both of their fathers lived in the same neighborhood.

Has it been shown that JW and DW both were living in the apt with their Dads at this time?

Because JW is a free man and not even a POI???

And since the Mosler was taken in for evidence processing, it is safe to say that his fingerprints are on the car? And that DDW's are probably not??

I know, I know...y'all are gonna say well he drove it so of course his fingerprints would be on it.

I just don't know why some here insist that he and now his girlfriend were involved!! There are actually explanations for his actions...

And of course, we KNOW that DDW had the money, because a week later he was found with over $20K and some money orders we know were given to his friends.

All of that being said...I give up. No one's mind is going to be changed by things being explained. One way or another. No one is going to convince me that he was involved - until LE tells me otherwise. Some will not be convinced he wasn't involved - possibly even after LE tells them otherwise.

Did they take the Mosler? I thought they said 3 cars : white Range Rover, grayish Range Rover & Red Audi. Mosler was in the garage. I know at least 2 of the others were in driveway. Maybe they only took cars that were outside into custody?

But didnt LE already say that they have JW ON VIDEO at the LOWES which is 45 min away, during the time of the killings and the fire?

Yes. Up until 12 noon - when, not to harp on coincidences, but the last phone activity from SS's number took place. Was that a signal?
And he was still in Virginia at the time of the start of the house fire (1:25). But - from about 1:40 on (the time JW either called or texted SS's phone the last time, which I assume provided the locate in Virginia at that same time), we don't know where he was. So that would seem to clear him of murder if they happened during this time, which is why I don't believe he was involved in the murders at all.

It has never been stated (that I know of) what time that video of the car-burner was taken. I believe the car was found around 5:30pm, and IIRC it was on fire then, but that might not be the case. Would that have given him enough time to get to the car and appear on that video? We don't know because we don't have the time of the video.

Let's pretend the car is burning for thirty minutes before police are called about it. So - 5pm? He's somewhere in Virginia - let's say an hour away at 1:40. That's a decent time window to have.

I think SI means, if they are both in the bank, why wouldn't the employee just hand the money to W1, rather than put 4 bundles in his pockets, carry the bundles (where?) then place the bundles in the bag, especially if W1 has a manila envelope on hand just for the cash? It's not the bank's business who walks out with the cash, just who they hand the cash to.

I think because the bank was doing a special favor for the AIW accountant and SS. So he would take possession of the cash and leave the bank. Then he could transfer it to the driver. That makes the most sense to me.

My husband and I have a joint checking and savings. Our son just had his first kid and they have lots of extra expenses lately. Twice I have met him at my bank, to give him some extra cash. When I sign the money out of our joing account, the cashier gives it TO ME, I take it, put it in my purse, even though my son is standing there, and we walk outside. Then I give him some money. I don't think it is odd at all. JMO

Of course they had to mention him. He was the one who brought the money to the home. They had to prove the money got there. And that it was no longer there. That does not mean they suspect the money was NEVER there - just that DDW took it. Therefore, proving kidnapping for ransom before murder. Felony Murder.

You don't have to prove someone received a ransom payment to prove that a ransom was asked for. If for whatever reason that money never arrived at the house, DW would be just as guilty for felony murder. A ransom not delivered doesn't make anyone less guilty and prosecution doesn't even have to go that far as all they have to do is prove there was a violent home invasion robbery where people got killed and DW took part in that home invasion, which they already have the stolen burned car as proof of that in addition to whatever else may be missing from the house in addition to the arson that also would qualify under felony murder. The prosecution has a boatload of things in their favor as far as proving a crime was a committed where their case against DW doesn't hang upon whether or not an errand boy showed up at their house.

I think the money, or at least much of it, WAS put in the car because when DW was found, he had thousands of dollars in one hundreds, on him and on his friends.

If you were in the middle of stealing 40k, would you text proof of that crime on your cell?

And they have surveillance cam video evidence that shows where the driver was during the crime. He was at a a Lowes 45 minutes away and never was in the arra of the crime scene.

The driver is on video at Lowes between 11:30 and noon. We don't know where he was between money pick up and that time. Possibly dropped $40,000 off in car at S house. Maybe $20,000. Maybe he handed over some/all of the money that night at dinner with DW's cousin. WE DON'T KNOW! And I think that might be the point LE is trying to make - several stories, details don't add up. Either LE has proof that what W1 is saying is NOT true, or they don't have proof that what he said IS true.

I've not read anything stating they have SS's phone. But even if they don't, they for sure have his phone records out the wazoo.

Banks are likely to have cameras outside. Beyond the AIW employee's account, LE probably could see how the cash was transferred and so could verify JW was lying his pants off.

:happydance::loveyou:
"Lying his pants off"! For some reason that made me laugh out loud!!!

Of course they had to mention him. He was the one who brought the money to the home. They had to prove the money got there. And that it was no longer there. That does not mean they suspect the money was NEVER there - just that DDW took it. Therefore, proving kidnapping for ransom before murder. Felony Murder.

No, LE did NOT have to mention W-1 in charging documents for Wint because Wint was being charged with murder with a weapon of SS. There was no need to focus on W-1's lies to investigators, either.

JMO

Actually we don't know the time of the killings and JW left Lowe's at noon, so he would have enough time to get back to the house with the fire being called in at 1:15 PM.

The Porsche was torched at 5:30, 4 hours after house fire

And I believe he was working at the Dojo or AIW or something. With other people who corroborated his alibi. I remember reading this in the first few days. But since I am not going back through thousands of posts, I will say it is IMO.

Some people cry at a drop of a hat.
So I don't find it strange somebody would cry if their boss was murdered. Even if that somebody didn't work there for a long time.

We all have watched the dateline, 20/20 programs, where the guilty party is overly animated. In fact, I believe this is a trait that police focus on in investigations. I can't know anyone's personal reaction.... but I would think outrageous shock and amazed disbelieve at first hearing of the event. Just my observation.

So you think this professional driver had the family brutally killed so he could get 20K?

I don't think what the perps ended up with, is necessarily what they went into the crime expecting. In fact, I think whatever "plan" they had did not go as expected. Unless DW went to the house alone, with the sole intention of torturing and killing the S family with the money a nice bonus, I think the "plan" went seriously awry. If they went for money, I think they intended to get much more than $40K. If they went for cars, the Mosler is the most valuable/coveted, but never made it out of the garage, past the Audi blocking it. Between not understanding how difficult it is to raise large sums of cash on short notice, having a disorganized/brutal monster in charge of controlling the household, and people not showing up when/where they're supposed to with everything they're supposed to deliver, very little seemed to turn out the way a mastermind would design his crime.

Seems more like a crime planned by an amateur race-car driver who can't fully differentiate between reality and fantasy, than a career criminal.

Of course they have his phone...that is how they knew about the "flurry of calls" and that his last call was to JW at 11:54. I also believe that is how they knew JW "lied" about being contacted Wednesday night, not Thursday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight