DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look if a witness in a case provides an address....why should we be trying to correct him to help him out?

There are reasons that people lie to LE when being questioned and they don't necessarily mean they are complicit in the crimes being investigated. They often involve trying to cover up other actions, or they may involve nervousness, drug usage, trying to make themselves look better, etc.

I agree that happens. I guess I can't understand how any of those other things would trump trying to help LE catch the people who tortured, murdered and burned alive your employer and his family (and Mrs. F). If it's drugs, that should be relatively easy for them to check if suspected. Otherwise, traumatized and feeling guilty for not catching on to what was happening, I'd be an open book, turn over my cell phone without being asked... you name it. Lying would not be my first thought/choice.

No idea how old these guys were if and when they lived in the same complex. But I knew A LOT of people, too. And I was at work most of the day. Guess it depends. My example was to point out that while one person living in a complex might only know one noisy neighbor that is not representative of everyone's experience. Definitely very different from my own. And they are six years apart I think? Would not at all be surprised if they ran across each other and am not assuming that probably didn't.

What we don't know is if Savvas already kept cash in a safe at home. A lot of the wealthy do keep cash stored in a safe along with their jewelry, and other valuables.

So the payout to the murderer or murderers may have been well over the 40K brought to the home. He may have told them he had 25K (example) in the safe and they could have that and all the jewelry too but Witt demanded more so that is when he started trying to collect more cash to go along with what he had available in his home.

I don't think we will ever really know how much money the murderer/s took from SS. If they took the jewelry too then I am sure LE has alerted every pawnshop in the area and in NY to be on the lookout.

Their two beautiful daughters have probably by now had to do a walkthrough in the home to see what is missing that personally belonged to their parents.:(

This is just speculation on my part and things I have wondered about.

IMO

I agree that happens. I guess I can't understand how any of those other things would trump trying to help LE catch the people who tortured, murdered and burned alive your employer and his family (and Mrs. F). If it's drugs, that should be relatively easy for them to check if suspected. Otherwise, traumatized and feeling guilty for not catching on to what was happening, I'd be an open book, turn over my cell phone without being asked... you name it. Lying would not be my first thought/choice.

For 10 years I worked as a secretary in the Principals office of a large urban high school. A large part of my job was taking down statements from people who wanted to see the principal and 'explain' things to him. This included students, teachers and parents. Often they included serious situations in which people were hurt or arrested.

One of the things I learned, sadly, was that many ,many people LIE as an immediate response to stress. Even people who want to 'help' the truth to come out, will distance themselves, minimize their actions, in that effort. JMO

I don't think he did bring the manilla. I thought the police doc said it was in the car.

CD: Mr. S told W1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W1 stated, when IT arrived at Mr.
S' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car.

But didnt LE already say that they have JW ON VIDEO at the LOWES which is 45 min away, during the time of the killings and the fire?

I thought I heard cellphone pings... I don't recall reading there was video evidence.

Then why bring the red-lined bag? I can understand having one or the other, but not both.

This still confuses me, because I thought that it was in the doc that the manilla envelope was left in the car in the garage?

His father lives in a house. Not the apartment complex.

It is .1 mile - or one block - from someone else's father's current address. I may remove this post because I think it will get me in trouble. But that's what we are looking at. I have to think LE is as well.

I thought I heard cellphone pings... I don't recall reading there was video evidence.

I read somewhere that he was seen on video. But who knows how valid it is , with the way reporting is these days. I read it on a link from here upthread, IIRC.

We can all learn from this to better monitor the actions of those around us. Maybe we should all have a higher bar for those we hire, become friends with, etc.

It's a shame to have to feel that way, but in the age of social media it's necessary. A blabbermouth was bad enough pre-Internet, but the problems a blabbermouth can create increase tremendously with the Internet.

For example, I do not post photos of the interior of our home on social media because I value my privacy and also do not want information about my home online. So I have backed away from associating with someone whom we invited to a party who decided it was his business to document the party. He put an album of photos on social media and then linked to my social media -- all without asking permission. To me, this person has shown he is not trustworthy. He has no sense of boundaries or of repercussions that could result from his actions. So I will not invite him to a party again.

I also feel the same way about some of the people associated with SS. They showed little concern with protecting people's privacy and so could have made them vulnerable to predators ...

Our neighborhood asked us to put our home on the "house tour". I declined because I didn't want a bunch of strangers traipsing through my house! This is our home, not a museum (and not nearly as impressive as the S home.) Same thing for SM posts/photos!

Yes indeed.

But if you were in his situation, you can almost predict what questions LE is going to ask you.

Was he shocked out of his mind to be asked when SS contacted him about delivering the money? Was this such an unexpected question, that he had NO IDEA it would come up?

If I had any doubt and was in his position, I'd check my phone before I answered. Young people his age live and die by those phones.

"Gee,let me check."

He could have "checked" before the LE interview. What did he think they were going to ask about if not those kind of details? The type of leather used in the Bentley?

I do not think he is stupid. Therefore, I think he would have a rough idea of what he would be asked. His answers, according to LE, were lies..As revealed by his phone.

I think that's a big deal.

Sure, you can make it a big deal, but it doesn't have to be. People lie for all kinds of reasons, some of the reasons are stupid even to themselves. Some people lie or misspeak without intention and then it's difficult to backpedal. While I think it's always a mistake to lie to LE (or doctors), it doesn't stop lots of people from doing it for whatever reasons.

Doesn't matter. I've misspelled my own name on forms when stressed. I correct it but still feel like I'm trying to pull a fast one. I can't explain it. Seriously, who misspells their own name, duh.

I forgot the name of the city I lived in when asked by the judge during voir dire for jury selection. I could remember the city next to ours and blurted that one out and immediately felt guilty, but didn't correct it because then I'd have to explain in front of everyone that I couldn't remember the name of my city. Even though I know it's already right there in the court papers in front of them, I figured if it was an issue, they'd bring it up. Oh, and it got worse, much worse. I was eventually excused. I had done nothing wrong, never committed a crime, was looking forward to serving on a jury, but froze. I always feel like the most stupid person in the room and my behavior sometimes supports that. Oh, boo hoo, lol. Thankfully, I have a good sense of humor and frequently find myself the source! :D

I couldn't remember my DH's name when asked by LE if there was anyone they could call for me to come be with me after I'd witnessed an accident. I eventually handed over my phone AFTER THEY ASKED ME for them to look through. At another accident, I was incredibly calm and soothing to someone while we waited for paramedics.

I'm a stupid freak if the focus is on me, but surprisingly clear headed and in charge when helping someone else.

I'm guessing JW feels most in control of himself when he's behind the wheel.

We people are such interesting creatures :D

Sure, you can make it a big deal, but it doesn't have to be. People lie for all kinds of reasons, some of the reasons are stupid even to themselves. Some people lie or misspeak without intention and then it's difficult to backpedal. While I think it's always a mistake to lie to LE (or doctors), it doesn't stop lots of people from doing it for whatever reasons.

Doesn't matter. I've misspelled my own name on forms when stressed. I correct it but still feel like I'm trying to pull a fast one. I can't explain it. Seriously, who misspells their own name, duh.

I forgot the name of the city I lived in when asked by the judge during voir dire for jury selection. I could remember the city next to ours and blurted that one out and immediately felt guilty, but didn't correct it because then I'd have to explain in front of everyone that I couldn't remember the name of my city. Even though I know it's already right there in the court papers in front of them, I figured if it was an issue, they'd bring it up. Oh, and it got worse, much worse. I was eventually excused. I had done nothing wrong, never committed a crime, was looking forward to serving on a jury, but froze. I always feel like the most stupid person in the room and my behavior sometimes supports that. Oh, boo hoo, lol. Thankfully, I have a good sense of humor and frequently find myself the source! :D

I couldn't remember my DH's name when asked by LE if there was anyone they could call for me to come be with me after I'd witnessed an accident. I eventually handed over my phone AFTER THEY ASKED ME for them to look through. At another accident, I was incredibly calm and soothing to someone while we waited for paramedics.

I'm a stupid freak if the focus is on me, but surprisingly clear headed and in charge when helping someone else.

I'm guessing JW feels most in control of himself when he's behind the wheel.

We people are such interesting creatures :D

There is a difference between misspeaking and telling a lie. Charging documents clearly state JW admitted he LIED

So, the suspect couldn't possibly take these keys and put them in a garage?

Because my working theory still has to do with the Mosler, I was thinking that maybe the perp(s) never intended to hold the household hostage overnight. He/they hoped to get int, get the key from AS, and then PS is home sick, housekeeper is still there, possibly unexpectedly, and AS had no idea where the key was/SS had it with him. This required getting SS home. Now for the REAL speculation - perp threatens the family or face gets exposed or Mosler won't start/DW can't drive it, so SS offers to get money to buy time/appease DW, bank opens in the AM requiring over-night at S house... I don't know why the torture would be necessary, but I can see DW growing angrier and more frustrated and killing them/setting house on fire to destroy evidence.

For those who want W1 uninvolved, this could be an explanation, although admittedly an entirely made-up one!

I think her went to his girlfriends first. Then met up with his brothers.

I am not saying he is totally innocent because I don't know for sure. I am just saying that some of the so called 'connections' between JW and DW seem a bit iffy, to me.

Yes, things are iffy, which are why people are uneasy about JW but can't definitely say he was involved. I for one am not certain that he was knowingly involved in any part of this as I could his see his big mouth being the accomplice without him knowingly being involved. I for instance could see how JW was bragging about how he was going to (or he already had) transported lots of cash for the S family with that bragging reaching the wrong people with those people potentially knowing that they could get lots of cash without the S family having to leave the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper