DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did DW overcome SS home security system. He must of had some insight as to what to disarm?

Not necessarily. You say to DW, I can get us a great car, and you don't even have to REALLY carjack anyone. Just punch me in the eye. Then you drive it away to this location. We meet up later and fence it and split the profit.

True again. You would make a pretty good criminal! ;)

It wouldn't just be for that. If JW was involved he could know about S/AIW bank accounts, what personal valuables the Ss had and where they were located in the house plus there would be the cars as well. If JW went to DW, JW could give a whole laundry list of things.

If that was the case, I'd think they would have had one of the Wint brothers nearby in a get away car that they could fill up with all those valuables. Did he get away with anything in that awkward bucket?

I am not sure how much JW would know about bank accounts and personal treasures within the home
He had only worked for them for a short time
Of course, he would know about the cars

And even then, the monster would have had time and enough anger to slaughter them all before help could arrive.

Time enough, but that would be irrational. Think this through:

SS escapes yelling "I'm calling 911!" This turns the tables on Wint, who is now trapped in a house with typically 2 exits in addition to the garage. SS is now effectively "guarding" the front door. Wint can't know whether SS will try to tackle him if he runs out the front door.

If SS has his wits, he should pull away from the 911 call as soon as he's communicated the key message "Help! My family is being held at knifepoint in my house. Send all cars to 3201 Woodland Dr right now!" He can then pull the phone away long enough to yell at Wint, "The cops are coming! They're on their way!" Yell that through the open front door.

The aggression and SS coming back to the front door now puts Wint into full flight mode. He's got to get out of that house, fast. Where is the back door?

Even if it takes police 8 minutes to respond, I'm convinced that Wint will care more about saving his own skin then killing victims who will only slow his escape and escalate his prison time if caught.

If SS actually remembers who Wint was (the guy charged with a machete), Wint would know that he has no chance staying ahead of the law. Why go to prison for life when he can be out in maybe 5 - 10 years?

I think SS was disabled as soon as he entered the house
He would be a dangerous man to confront given his martial arts skills

I would think that the witness who saw the well-groomed driver could point out if it was JW driving the Porsche or DW driving the Porsche. In my opinion, DW is much darker than JW. I realize that the windows may have been tinted, but they were still able to describe the driver as "well groomed".

It wouldn't just be for that. If JW was involved he could know about S/AIW bank accounts, what personal valuables the Ss had and where they were located in the house plus there would be the cars as well. If JW went to DW, JW could give a whole laundry list of things.

I don't know. Most of that info would be obvious or self explanatory, perhaps.

DW could easily assume SS had S/AIW bank accounts. He was a CEO and a wealthy man. What more did DW need to know? What did JW know that DW didn't and needed to know to rob him?

I am not sure that JW had that much knowledge about the valuables in the home. But it does not seem that DW came prepared to take many of them. How many would fit in that bucket and could be taken away on foot?

As for the cars, they are all visible to passerby's. No big secrets there.

What real info did JW have that would merit big bucks?

Hmm, the bucket

What was in that bucket

Anybody else wonder if LE hauled all the cars off to dust for fingerprints and compare them to that latent print found on the water bottle?

Agreed, likely LE wants to compare print on water bottle to those on S fam cars.
That said, seems LE techs could lift prints from cars while still in S fam garage.
Why tow?
I guess LE cannot stand guard w cars on drive indefinitely, to protect prints, etc.
Could be an extended process.

SS escapes yelling "I'm calling 911!" This turns the tables on Wint, who is now trapped in a house with probably typically 2 exits in addition to the garage. SS is now effectively "guarding" the front door. Wint can't know whether SS will try to tackle him if he runs out the front door.

If SS has his wits, he should pull away from the 911 call as soon as he's communicated the key message "Help! My family is being held at knifepoint in my house. Send all cars to 3201 Woodland Dr right now!" He can then pull the phone away long enough to yell at Wint, "The cops are coming! They're on their way!" Yell that through the open front door.

The aggression and SS coming back to the front door now puts Wint into full flight mode. He's got to get out of that house, fast. Where is the back door?

Even if it takes police 8 minutes to respond, I'm convinced that Wint will care more about saving his own skin then killing victims who will only slow his escape and escalate his prison time if caught.

If SS actually remembers who Wint was (the guy charged with a machete), Wint would know that he has no chance staying ahead of the law. Why go to prison for life when he can be out in maybe 5 - 10 years?

DW was probably holding the phone to SS's mouth. IMO< SS would have been lucky to get the entire word HELP out before the phone was yanked and closed down. And then the beatings would begin.

DW pr0bably told SS that if he ever dared to scream for HELP, DW would immediately slit his son's throat. Or his wife's throat. It would just take a split second.

There is no way that SS could have said all of what you described. One word at the most, imo. And then the mayhem would have begun.

I think that DW would have been so angry about losing the money that he was expecting, he would have retaliated instantly by slitting a throat or two before escaping. JMO

I don't know. Most of that info would be obvious or self explanatory, perhaps.

DW could easily assume SS had S/AIW bank accounts. He was a CEO and a wealthy man. What more did DW need to know? What did JW know that DW didn't and needed to know to rob him?

I am not sure that JW had that much knowledge about the valuables in the home. But it does not seem that DW came prepared to take many of them. How many would fit in that bucket and could be taken away on foot?

As for the cars, they are all visible to passerby's. No big secrets there.

What real info did JW have that would merit big bucks?

True. There is no link as of now between W1 and DW. Zip

SS was already giving JW a tremendous amount of trust and responsibility, by giving him the keys to his very expensive cars and letting him drive around. Those cars were worth way more than that red bag full of money was. So I don't think he was that concerned about giving him that chore.

If JW was a long-time employee I could see it that, but someone being newly hired weeks prior just means they got the job. Valets drive valuable cars around all day, but it doesn't mean that they're held in particularly high esteem by their employer - especially those who have only been on the job for a few weeks. Also with people like valets, cash wash employees who handle these expensive cars employers even put signs up about not leaving your valuables in the car so that their own employees don't steal from you. Someone driving a $50K car doesn't mean their employer trusts them with $5.

It makes total sense that SS asks his driver to deliver a package to his home, NOT his signatory. His driver was hired for that type of errand. His accountant was not and would probably be suspicious and ask questions if he was asked to do that instead of the errand boy. I have a hard time seeing an accountant wanting to leave a manilla envelope full of cash on a car seat in a garage by the street. He would have surely wanted to hand it to SS or his wife, imo. JMO

If the accountant is suspicious of the drop-off, the suspicion will be there regardless of who does the drop off.

SS escapes yelling "I'm calling 911!" This turns the tables on Wint, who is now trapped in a house with typically 2 exits in addition to the garage. SS is now effectively "guarding" the front door. Wint can't know whether SS will try to tackle him if he runs out the front door.

Oh I missed the part where you said he should escape first. YES, that would be optimal. But I bet he was attacked from behind and taken down. DW is a pretty buff strong street fighter with the power of surprise on his side. SS didnt stand a chance. All DW had to do was hit him on the back of the head with a weapon, knock him down, duct tape him, and it's over for the escape option.

SS could have been duct-taped to a chair the entire time right after getting home. Phone call? DW dials and holds phone to SS's head so he can talk. Everybody else (except the boy at least on NG's call) has tape over their mouths. Not much he could do in that scenario at all except risk yelling "call 911" into the phone. But then probably PS would get it. So he didn't. The adults also had blunt force injuries. Maybe Wint hid inside the house with the other three already gagged and bound upstairs and ambushed SS by hitting him on the back of the head as he came in.

To the last point, I don't think so. I don't see an adult man wanting to take on another adult man in his own house, with merely the element of surprise in his favor. Any husband should have sensed something was "off" and come in with caution, anyway.

I think Wint had the women tied up upstairs and probably had a knife to Philip, being easiest to control and controlling his parents in turn. Whether Philip was upstairs or downstairs at that moment, I have no idea. I just think SS was presented with the scene and had to make a decision.

The wealthy tend to feel that money is power, and SS had plenty of money. It would be natural of SS's part to assume that money could get them through this situation, but this is the key miscalculation. If the man is wearing no mask, then he can be identified. No amount of money will change the fact that 4 witnesses can put him in jail. At the risk of being too simplistic: "Never surrender your freedom to a man you can identify."

Wint must not have been wearing a mask, because otherwise there was no reason to kill four people. Even if he had a personal rage for SS and his family, why kill the housekeeper? So, he wasn't wearing a mask, IMO.

True. There is no link as of now between W1 and DW. Zip

For me that is the missing part. Obviously they COULD have known each other/crossed paths because of all the commonalities in their pasts, but did they?

If JW was a long-time employee I could see it that, but someone being newly hired weeks prior just means they got the job. Valets drive valuable cars around all day, but it doesn't mean that they're held in particularly high esteem by their employer - especially those who have only been on the job for a few weeks. Also with people like valets, cash wash employees who handle these expensive cars employers even put signs up about not leaving your valuables in the car so that their own employees don't steal from you. Someone driving a $50K car doesn't mean their employer trusts them with $5.

If the accountant is suspicious of the drop-off, the suspicion will be there regardless of who does the drop off.

A personal driver has a lot more responsibility than a valet. I am not letting a valet drive ME around through the city with my life in his hands. A valet parks my car while I am eating, but he does not know where I live, nor drive me or my family around, park it in my garage. VERY different tasks. IMO

I don't see the suspicion level being the same with the accountant if he is asked to give it to the driver who will take it to the CEO.

He would be much more suspicious if he were asked to take it to the home himself, but NOT to ring the bell, but to leave it in the car in the garage and go. That would be a red flag, imo.

I think the only one with full knowledge of the drop off details was W1...and he got them ten minutes away from SS home.

The bank manager and the exec knew $40K had been withdrawn. The exec gave the money to W1. For all they knew W1 was going to pick up SS and go buy stuff for the martial arts studio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1