DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, yes, thank you. I guess my question is: employee didn't need driver at the bank to get the money. Wouldn't it make more sense for the employee to pick up the money, bring it back to AIW where he could put it in a sealed package and give that to the driver? By taking him with him, if SS told him he was picking up a package, W1 now knows it's money, and apparently, he knows how much right away.

That would make a lot more sense. It's one of the things that has me questioning why it all played out the way it did. Unless every second counted, I don't know why they didn't do that.

That would make a lot more sense. It's one of the things that has me questioning why it all played out the way it did. Unless every second counted, I don't know why they didn't do that.

I think every second counted. I dont think SS was worried about anything except getting that cash as quickly as possible.'

Guys don't have bags, we got pockets. :) Really when I withdraw a couple thousand from the bank I get nervous about the people around the window who might be watching me get the cash. I just want to watch the teller count it out and if nobody's around, I'll put it in my wallet. If people are nearby, I'll slip it in my pocket and transfer it later.

Summary: I want to get out of the bank without someone noticing I may have a sizable amount of cash.

ETA- Without burning a hole in my pocket so my pants legs don't fall off.

Ah, yes, thank you. I guess my question is: employee didn't need driver at the bank to get the money. Wouldn't it make more sense for the employee to pick up the money, bring it back to AIW where he could put it in a sealed package and give that to the driver? By taking him with him, if SS told him he was picking up a package, W1 now knows it's money, and apparently, he knows how much right away.

Agreeing, from Mr S' view-pt, ^ makes sense:
1. Have long-term AIW employee withdraw currency from BOA.
2. Have l-t AIW employee place $$$ into tamper-evident/tamper resistant package.
3. Have ^ AIW employee meet JW (new-ish asst/driver) at AIW or ?, give JW package.
4. Have JW drive package to Mr S' home, leave there. Done.

Help!!! Any Wash DC geographically-savvy peeps, pls??? Traffic & distances?
Does ^ meet-at-AIW instrux take longer than meet-at-BOA? Or less time?
Thx in adv.

Perhaps Mr S was instructed to have Jordan meet the employee who is an authorized signatory on the AIW bank account at the bank in order to expedite the delivery of the funds to the house.

I wonder if the expected amount was delivered... Perhaps the reason that law enforcement is aware of Jordan's lies is that DW exposed Jordan's lies during his interrogation following his arrest; I can't think of another way law enforcement would be aware of those very specific details that Jordan lied about...

Maybe his gf left her purse in his car and he texted her, look what I had to use your bag for today (think of money in it.)

1874-US-HANDMADE-FASHION-SKULLS-ROSE-TATTOO-ROCKABILLY-Pattern-Cross-Over-Body-Shoulder-Bag-Style-Handbag-Purse-Alexander-Henry-Cotton-Fabric-CSOP-1151-for-Women-4.jpg
Doubtful. Jordan's weaved quite a web of lies and his shady behavior is suspect to say the least...add his/his mom's house sitting empty and Jordan being MIA for a week to the mix and even a blind person can see something wrong.

And I recall reading (no link) that a video was found among other evidence. Could have been any video but iirc the news report implied that LE felt the video might BE evidence.

Well they knew of the lie about the phone call by checking his cell as I recall and probably checked SS's or records. He'd claimed to have received a voice mail when it was a text. He also claimed to have got the call Th. a.m. when it was Wed. night. The employee at the bank saw the red bag didn't he and that JW put the money in it and the photo LE got from GF showed JW had lied about not repackaging the money when he got it from the employee at the bank. I do not know how they knew the car was not locked and he had not had to find a key and unlock it, but I don't see that DW would have to have given them that detail. What concerns is why these particular lies?

This thought--that the family tried to spare NG--was held by several people. I think NG knew the family was kind and concerned for the welfare of others. The public has sensed this too and so has had that notion. It's not delusional, just a positive kind of interpretation. Yes, in the end, we do see that most likely anything SS or AS (when they were actually doing the texting or the VM) would have conveyed to outside world would be dictated to them.

Well they knew of the lie about the phone call by checking his cell as I recall and probably checked SS's or records. He'd claimed to have received a voice mail when it was a text. He also claimed to have got the call Th. a.m. when it was Wed. night. The employee at the bank saw the red bag didn't he and that JW put the money in it and the photo LE got from GF showed JW had lied about not repackaging the money when he got it from the employee at the bank. I do not know how they knew the car was not locked and he had not had to find a key and unlock it, but I don't see that DW would have to have given them that detail. What concerns is why these particular lies?
Well, those are the lies we know about because those are the lies that law enforcement has made public (no doubt they're holding back other discrepancies/issues related to Jordan as they continue to investigate).

Why would DW share info? If he can document the involvement of others and diminish his role, it could potentially help him secure a more favorable deal with the US Attorney for the District of Columbia (life with possibly of parole vs life with no possibility of parole).

It doesn't make sense to presume that SS was in charge of any instructions at this point regarding who should do what. Whoever is in charge of the hostages is calling the shots on who delivers the money to the house, for instance. Whatever doesn't make sense is down to the fact that SS is not making the decisions here except perhaps to point out anything that might raise red flags. Even then the crime-scene boss doesn't have to take his word for it. What JW does doesn't make sense, not at the time, and not in lying about his actions later.
IMHO THEY are doing what THEY want and putting THER plan into action.

This may seem like a silly question - who locks their car in a garage?

The keys are not left in the car. With all these luxury cars did he have a locked key box or just a rack for the keys?

Having three kids, there were probably bicycles, scooters, and numerous other toys in the garage. This would mean kids would be in and out of the garage during the day. SS probably felt his family, home, cars, etc., were perfectly safe in that neighborhood. So having the alarm system on while people were in the house was not needed. I did read that Wint had SS erase parts of the video on the security system. No link.

Don't most cars autolock these days?

Perhaps Mr S was instructed to have Jordan meet the employee who is an authorized signatory on the AIW bank account at the bank in order to expedite the delivery of the funds to the house.

I wonder if the expected amount was delivered... Perhaps the reason that law enforcement is aware of Jordan's lies is that DW exposed Jordan's lies during his interrogation following his arrest; I can't think of another way law enforcement would be aware of those very specific details that Jordan lied about...

Charging documents mentioned JW's lies before DW was located and arrested.

This may seem like a silly question - who locks their car in a garage?

The keys are not left in the car. With all these luxury cars did he have a locked key box or just a rack for the keys?

Having three kids, there were probably bicycles, scooters, and numerous other toys in the garage. This would mean kids would be in and out of the garage during the day. SS probably felt his family, home, cars, etc., were perfectly safe in that neighborhood. So having the alarm system on while people were in the house was not needed. I did read that Wint had SS erase parts of the video on the security system. No link.
I don't have a luxury vehicle but have my beloved and dependable Honda. The passengers side door auto locks for safety purposes. Perhaps luxury brands have this same option.

Don't most cars autolock these days?

My car autolocks when I start driving over a certain speed, but after I unlock it to get out, it does not autolock once I am out or it is parked. I have a Honda and not a $700K sports car though :)

Have you all heard the entire voicemail? Or at least the longer version? I just listened to it again and it's the longer version I guess. Where SS says that Amy is sick. The other one focuses on the "issues with Philip"

I have seen some posts about victim blaming, etc and I don't agree with that at all. I find the posts about what SS could have/should have done as thought provoking and interesting. I think we all believe SS did everything in his power to save his family. He was obviously a very smart and strong man. Whatever happened in there was way outside of his control.

I do find the conversations useful though in case I'm ever in any type of similar situation. Even when you see experts on TV talking about how to act in an abduction scenario, they always say the situation may be different for different people and at the end of the day, just do whatever you think will help you stay alive (i.e. fight back or concede). I think it's the same in this type of home invasion scenario as well.

As mentioned previously by other WS members, there was construction/paving being done at the SS home prior to the murders. Were those business signs (seen in the photos of the driveway) related to the companies SS hired to do the work?? If so, is it possible DW or his cousin was employed by either of these companies?

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 135
instead he ended up with so little it required a change in plans.
I agree, I think something bad happened, around pizza time, makes no sense to order two pizzas and only eat one slice something went out of control

He probably told AS to order what they would typically order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1