DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My life does not depend upon the usual package that UPS leaves on my porch.

When someone asks me to do an important errand, especially if it is my boss, I will be in contact with them while doing so. If I were on the way to the home with a bag of money ---I would call as I was arriving---just to give him an ETA. I think it is somewhat expected. JMO

I think DDW wanted JW to call 10 min in advance , so he could give instructions, and open the garage

This stunning house for sale (posted upthread and thanks) reminded me that although the Savopolous house might not have as many windows, or banks of them, we do see front exposure, and probably such a house is airy, with several views around it and windows in the bedroom, the foyer, so on. If the Savopolous house has many vistas, this might suggest the perpetrator gained knowledge of the lay-out, "choreographed" where to take victims so he and they would not be seen. He would have to move quickly and consider drawing the curtains but whether they should be opened in the morning. IDK, but passerby, people across the way in the embassy building might have been able to see into the house from either the front or the back. Could the lawn crew have seen in from any vantage point it might be at? I would think these were questions to be considered and that improvising hiding perpetrator/s presence and family not the best option. Also to be considered might be where to surprise the individuals in terms of sound.
Also, the dogs--how did perps know dogs would not bark to come in, bark all night even? Or how know how to get them in without undue fuss and attention?
Either they cased or were given some knowledge about both the neighborhood's activity-level, the house lay-out, and the dogs' responses. JMO

I think that's why they were found on the second floor. I imagine (but don't know) that they were kept up there the majority if not all of the time.

Truly a beautiful car!

That it is! I can mention now it's not setup for racing although it may do touring runs on a race track event. It would have been disallowed for full out racing (as shown) because it was a convertible without a roll bar. It offers no driver protection in case of a roll over.

all that is required is that LE has a reasonable belief at that point in time. LE didn't know what DW currently looked like.

JMO
They may not have known what he "currently" looked like exactly but he had enough mugshots and social media pics to know pretty much what he looked like.

I can't find the post where it said that the tracker locating DW, said that DW's phone was with his Brooklyn girlfriend and people were wondering how they tracked him. Maybe they switched phones and/ or knew from her who he was traveling with and tracked their phones, or that he bought a disposable.

I believe they were all held on the 2nd floor. So nobody on the ground level would have seen anything amiss.

The dogs...well, that just confuses me. If my dogs are outside - which they often are, since they have a doggie door - I have to go outside and round them up when I hear my lawn guys come. They won't open the gate until I do. The one time I was in the shower, where they are in the bathroom with the door closed (or they will scratch to get in!), and I didn't realize they were here. They flew out the doggie door - I was naked of course (a towel) - and the gate was open and I let out some not so nice words. I felt bad. LOL!!

So I am still confused about the dogs being outside. And if they had been left outside all night, why they wouldn't whine and eventually start barking. I know mine would!!

I wonder if they were left downstairs on the ground floor, and not outside. But this is just my speculation based on my dogs and lawn guys and how I know mine would act.

And I think the neighbors would definitely notice if the dogs were left outside for that amount of time. I feel like they must have been let inside.

What risk was there in the garage?
You can enter garage from the home without being seen. Pizzas were dropped off because it's probably be very weird to instruct pizza driver to drop pizzas off at the garage.

Once the money is left in car, JW said he closed the garage door, DDW opens house door
To enter garage to get the $$. Absolutely no risk

Obvious? It was a package and UPS leaves packages on front porches daily.

No logical reason NOT to leave it on the front porch. A strong reason to choose the garage is if JW and DW were co-conspirators.

JMO

I have had more than one package stolen off my front porch. And we have a gate (unlocked, but still) around our front yard. Apparently there is a guy known to follow the UPS and FedEx delivery people around and grab up anything not immediately retrieved. One time my neighbor found the box of cleaning supplies (opened), I ordered online in the alley behind our houses. Another time, a huge and really ugly chandelier was stolen (never found that). I would love to see the thief's face when he finds out what he's stolen off my porch.

Going with the theory (as per posted link to latest video) that the perpetrator/s posed as official workers of some kind to gain entry, could it have been the housekeeper who might have let them in while AS was occupied with her son? It might take only one to knock on a side or back door and then a few more to push in. Immediately gain control of HK, and knowing where Philip is, grab him. Such a typical ruse, and yet often effective, to pose as PGE, flower deliverers, even go so far as to dress the part.
Another interesting aspect brought up on Anderson's show, as already discussed here, is that LE is not done with the other four. Having Wint's DNA and possibly more identifying evidence than we know yet, they had enough to charge him, but are firming up the case on the rest while checking out the stories of all players against each other and maybe getting more intel from Wint and/or JW or the four.
Strikes me again the grave injustice: a violent useless predator like Wint and whomever else could snuff out the lives of living, productive, promising people making a real difference in the lives of others, many of them less fortunate.

That it is! I can mention now it's not setup for racing although it may do touring runs on a race track event. It would have been disallowed for full out racing (as shown) because it was a convertible without a roll bar. It offers no driver protection in case of a roll over.

Plus it could never win, because it's automatic... :)

Plus it could never win, because it's automatic... :)

LOL I forgot, no paddle shifter eh. OT - I was riding down a 1/4 mile straight away once in a full race Ferrari and the last I looked the speedometer read 160 coming up on turn one. I thought we were going into the trees at turn one. This driver suddenly paddled down 3 gears and whipped it around one and my face must have turned sheet white. I was speed warped for hours later.

Ps - I was the passenger

My life does not depend upon the usual package that UPS leaves on my porch.

And neither did the lives of the 4 people who were still slaughtered after the money was supposedly left in the garage.

JMO

From the CBS News article: "There was no immediate word on the whereabouts of a fifth person taken into custody when Wint was."

LOL, I thought Wint was the fifth person? Five detained, Wint remained, four released. Well, this is just all very confusing.

Funny and odd thing about the ÜBER is that (as far as I know) you have to have an account and credit card, in fact cash usually isn't even exchanged, its all deducted from your online credit card including the tip! At least in San Francisco area

For aboveboard transactions that's the way it's supposed to go. Flashing $1,000 cash as an incentive to go off the grid, I think that'd work for a lot of those drivers. As a driver, I would worry that the guy would just as soon kill me or knock me out when he reached his destination so it's not something I'd do, but I could definitely see less cautious/honest drivers taking the chance.

Some creepy Uber drivers were busted for taking pictures and videos of drunk female customers and posting them online so there are people driving Uber that probably shouldn't be. Creeps everywhere, I'm not picking on U specifically.

IMO.

I'm still curious but I know LE is working on it. What was JW driving when he dropped off the package? Did he drive SS cars home each night? Exactly how many hours a week did he actually work for SS? What were his movements the week prior and the week after SS and his family were murdered? Has the 40k been accounted for? Do any phone records show he had any contact with DW?

I don't expect any answers, I believe LE is working on it. Just talking out loud before I forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish