DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered about this. According to LE, 3 out of the 4 victims had stab wounds or blunt force trauma. Was Mrs.F spared in some way? Not to minimize her death and suffering in any way. The poor woman was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Police Chief Cathy Lanier said all four were homicide victims, and at least three of them suffered stab wounds or blunt-force injuries.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...own-attackers-murder-arson.html#ixzz3bofFdS1F
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No. All three adults had stab wounds and blunt force trauma.

Sorry if this has already bn covered, as I'm several hrs behind.

Is it poss ~9:00am DDW received/retrieved $20,000 or $40,000 from JW's drop off in car in garage or at front doorstep, and then thru staging & scripting SS's further calls, demanded more $$$, waited for a few hrs, then decided no more $$$ was likely to be delivered, sooooooooo, at that point ~1:00pm, decided to kill & torch home?

IDK, JM2cts of pure speculation w no factual basis, could be wrong.

SS last call was to JW at 11:54, I keep wondering why the family was kept alive after
initial drop (but I don't know what time drop was, I'm thinking it should be around 9)
DW must have been trying to get more money, what did SS call JW for? what did he want him to do for him? JW doesn't pick up call, family is killed, JW calls SS at 1:40?
Actually... to me, the 1:40 phone call from JW returning SS call is the most suspicious !
It's just seams contrived.mdont you all think?

No. All three adults had stab wounds and blunt force trauma.

It's confusing though since we know that the little boy had signs of being tortured. I was hoping she had just been bound. She wasn't part of the family, the main target.

One piece of information that we don't know that LE may know in great detail is the time of death and when certain injuries occurred. If SS was alive at noon I want to know why (like LE would know who he had been calling up to that point and how often, but we don't know) and if SS wasn't alive, why was SS's phone used to call JW. I can't get past that the money was picked up at around 9 AM but SS's phone was calling anyone at noon, especially the driver unless he was to pick something else up to bring over and he made a second trip we haven't heard about. If SS's phone didn't get through to JW due to reception and it was SS calling, I'd expect a message was left that we haven't heard about and if a message wasn't left I would think that would be revealing.

It's confusing though since we know that the little boy had signs of being tortured. I was hoping she had just been bound. She wasn't part of the family, the main target.
No, she was killed the exact same way as the other two adults.

"The coroner determined that three of the victims - Mr and Mrs Savopoulos and Mrs Figueroa - died from 'blunt force and sharp force trauma', while Philip suffered from 'thermal and sharp force injuries', suggesting he was burned and stabbed to death. - See more at: http://www.bostonnewstime.com/regio...t-did-not-act-alone.html#sthash.q7j1sLCo.dpuf

SS last call was to JW at 11:54, I keep wondering why the family was kept alive after
initial drop (but I don't know what time drop was, I'm thinking it should be around 9)
DW must have been trying to get more money, what did SS call JW for? what did he want him to do for him? JW doesn't pick up call, family is killed, JW calls SS at 1:40?
Actually... to me, the 1:40 phone call from JW returning SS call is the most suspicious !

Well I think it's odd as W-1 is SS driver and his boss called him before noon, from his home, he could have wanted picking up yet W-1 doesn't answer or reply for nearly two hours. Considering that is his job, to drive for SS then I don't understand the time lapse. Idk.

Edited to add:
I've since looked for links for this and it has not been confirmed that W-1 missed the call. He may well have answered it as it's not specified. So my post is not relevant. My apologies. .

It is with heavy heart (and newly bought waterproof mascara) that I'm going to the funeral today. Going to say goodbye to my friends Amy & Savvas and Philip who I have known since he was 4 years old. Tough day ahead. The service is at noon, but it will be packed (DC Mayor Muriel Bowser will be present) and the service is going to be at their church St. Sophia which is large (however, not nearly as large as the Cathedral which is one block over - and the Cathedral did offer to host to better accomodate the public, but the family is very involved w/St. Sophia's). I'm planning on arriving at 10:30 and hope I'll make it inside the church. Getting ready now. Please be sure to pray for the family when at noon.
I was wondering if you were going to attend. Please hug their daughters for everyone out here who is mourning with them. Prayers for everyone.

Yes I agree with that last sentence.

I wish we could afford gates lol. I'm the opposite. I live in a neighborhood that's very quiet, houses very close. My husband is gone twice a week and I'm terrified. I put both daughters in my bed, lock my bedroom door, and keep a butcher knife near. My husband thinks I'm crazy, lol maybe I am, but that's just how I feel

With a knife you have to get close enough to stab the perp, and unless you are involved in MMA, most men can over power you, a woman. Please do yourself and your family a favor...Buy a gun and learn how to use it. And if you ever point it at someone, be mentally prepared to pull the trigger.
You'd be surprised how many women are at ranges.
And get your kids involved in some MA activity.

Don't live afraid to live.
Learn what you have to do to keep yourself and your family safe.

And don't be fooled by living behind gates. Those neighborhoods have as much if not more crime that non-gated. They let any white UNSUB work van in... IMO...

Yooo Hoooo.... Mr. Lawyer... they do have pizza in Guyana. Then again, defense 101 is to deflect but tell the truth. He did say in the interview that they do not have Papa Johns or Domino's... which may be true but as she says in interview, "what does that have to do with anything?"

pizzainGuyana.JPG

Well I think it's odd as W-1 is SS driver and his boss called him before noon, from his home, he could have wanted picking up yet W-1 doesn't answer or reply for nearly two hours. Considering that is his job, to drive for SS then I don't understand the time lapse. Idk.

Yes, that too if he still thought he was on the job working for the S family where he went to the Lowe's to get stuff for the grand opening, why would he delay almost 2 hours in calling back his boss. If he was an employee that was like that, that to me sounds like he was short timer about to get his pink slip and maybe stuff like that is what got him fired from his last job.

Yes, that too if he still thought he was on the job working for the S family where he went to the Lowe's to get stuff for the grand opening, why would he delay almost 2 hours in calling back his boss. If he was an employee that was like that, that to me sounds like he was short timer about to get his pink slip and maybe stuff like that is what got him fired from his last job.

I don't know off the top of my head but am curious as to the time JW called SS back, the time the fire was reported, and the time SS's mother called NG regarding the fire. I wonder if SS's father (or mother), knowing JW was SS's driver, had called him as well to see what he knew. As a parent, if I knew there was a fire at my child's house, and I couldn't reach said child, I'd call everyone I could think of to try to track down where my family was.

No, she was killed the exact same way as the other two adults.

"The coroner determined that three of the victims - Mr and Mrs Savopoulos and Mrs Figueroa - died from 'blunt force and sharp force trauma', while Philip suffered from 'thermal and sharp force injuries', suggesting he was burned and stabbed to death. - See more at: http://www.bostonnewstime.com/regio...t-did-not-act-alone.html#sthash.q7j1sLCo.dpuf

I wish we had Joypath on this thread (perhaps a shout out for her?) but this tells me that the adults did not die in fire, they died prior. But the son died of burning/stabbing (not smoke inhalation). Torture of burning prior to fire? Result of death due to gasoline thermal burns before he could breath and death from smoke inhalation?

Cannot imagine...

I wonder what the difference is between "sharp force trauma " and "sharp force injury"?

Sorry, I am sure this has been answered, but do we know DW didn't answer the phone? All I recall seeing is that the noon(ish) call was the last outgoing call from SS's phone and that it was to DW, but I don't recall it being released that DW missed the call.

JW just dropped off 40.000, he gets a call at 11:54, ok... He didn't get reception at that time, but he can still tell that he missed a call, I don't believe he was in the hardware store until 1:40, you would think after the weird morning transaction (meeting AIW at bank, call 10 in advance, drop money in car, close garage) that had transpired and the responsibility that he held (he never saw SS tangibly take the money) he would ASAP call SS, no, I NOW BELIEF JW is involved, because of the 1:40 call back..... NO ANSWER

Sorry, I am sure this has been answered, but do we know he didn't call back SS or didn't answer the phone? All I recall seeing is that the noon(ish) call was the last outgoing call from SS's phone and that it was to DW, but I don't recall it being released that DW missed the call.

We actually don't know. I am not sure why people are posting that he didn't answer 11:54AM call as if it were a fact.

I don't know off the top of my head but am curious as to the time JW called SS back, the time the fire was reported, and the time SS's mother called NG regarding the fire. I wonder if SS's father (or mother), knowing JW was SS's driver, had called him as well to see what he knew. As a parent, if I knew there was a fire at my child's house, and I couldn't reach said child, I'd call everyone I could think of to try to track down where my family was.

1:30 Fire reported
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/timeline-slaying-wealthy-family-washington-31212189

~1:30 - Porsche seen driving on New York Ave NE by W-3
Charging Documents #5.JPG

1:40 Call from W-1 to SS phone (I cannot find link right now..... so I'll say IIRC until someone else can find/corroborate

HTH

A silent prayer for he victims as they are layed to rest today.
another prayer for the strength for the daughters, family, friends and neighbors.

We actually don't know. I am not sure why people are posting that he didn't answer 11:54AM call as if it were a fact.

We know that JW missed a call from SS at 11:54am (SS last phone call) do to no reception while in lowe's (they have JW on video at lowe's as well) JW did not call SS back untill 1:40. It was obviously to late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member