DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Yes, you are correct, my apologies. The article states he did not return cell call on Wednesday and the 11.54 call was the last from SS to W-1, doesn't state whether it was answered or not. W-1 tried to call SS at 1.40pm but no reply. Hope this clarifies it.

I think your initials mean W-1.

No need to apologize. I'm glad we have that cleared up.

Yes -- I don't know why I suddenly started getting DW's initials scrambled with JW's initials. But i meant JW who is W-1 :)

Just heard CNN interview with Ficker on radio .
I swear he called DDW "DARRELL" for the first minute or 2.
Then RF said DDW "knew SS but not the wife."
And he said some other interesting stuff!
I gotta go to work - someone find the link!

I

Does anyone think JW will attend the funeral? Certainly many AIW employees will.

I don't know and if he does or doesn't I don't think it will mean anything as there are both good and bad explanations for either. Right now I for instance don't know if he's in custody as a material witness, which would stop him from attending if he wanted to go. Given the potential legal jeopardy that he's in, even if he's not in custody now, it probably would be best if he didn't go. If he avoids reporters he'll get trashed and if he talks he could have those statements used against him and they will be compared to what he told LE that could subject him to more potential charges of making false statements/obstruction of justice than the lies LE has already documented. I don't like JW, but I see with the funeral he's in a no-win situation where he should probably stay away even if he's totally innocent and wants to go.

I'm confused, are you suggesting that it wouldn't be Interstate transport if the money taken out of the MD Bank of America were dropped in DC? This is not the case.
I live in Washington DC. Money which is taken out of a bank in Maryland and dropped off in Washington DC is considered Interstate transport just it would be if it were delivered to VA. Although DC isn't a state it crosses state lines when it leaves MD to DC. We in DC have different laws than MD & VA. Case-in-point, you cannot buy a gun in DC; however, it is very easy to buy one in MD & VA which is were most of the guns seem to come from - so interstate transport is a legal issue which is brought up frequently.

We don't know that the money was dropped off in Washington, D.C. That is only JW's story.

JMO

Let's don't bog the discussion down by bringing in serial killers.

Let's don't bog the discussion down by bringing in serial killers.

Previously on here this was brought up that DW could have done this:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...y-Have-Sparked-Md-Mansion-Fire-290089551.html
I don't think he did that as I think it would be obvious if gasoline had been used as it sounds like DW set a crude and obvious arson, but I do think it's worth considering and LE may be investigating other cases that were originally attributed as accidents (or that it was robbery and arson but they didn't have a suspect) could have been part of a crime instead. Not that DW would necessarily be a serial killer, but that he could have killed people as he robbed. It wouldn't surprise me if he had killed before as part of being a violent robbing criminal rather than someone who was a serial killer like Dahmer.

We don't know that the money was dropped off in Washington, D.C. That is only JW's story.

JMO

I would imagine that LE has already pinged JW's cell. If he did not drive to the home at that time, they would know that already, imo.

Seeing those three caskets being taken into church as church bells tolled #heartbreaking ... family members walked behind :-(

I was just finishing up my yard work and taking the bag to the curb when this man, donned in a green work vest and clipboard in hand, came walking towards me. I started waving him away and saying I am not interested as soon as I saw him. That was strange and I hate when they catch me while I am outside doing yard work. I never answer my door but I watch them from the window to see who they are, what they are doing and where they go next.

In the video it mentions how LE says there must be some kind of a connection with a current employee. LE may not have used the word 'must,' but the reporter characterized LE as saying that. This is mentioned at the :50 mark. I take that as meaning that JW's mouth (or someone else we don't know of) could have been the accomplice without him knowing what he was doing or that he could have willingly conspired in some way. There's probably something very specific that went on that LE knows about but hasn't been released publicly.

I believe you are referring to the RF interview this morning which I posted upthread on FOX news? Here is previous post...

but then again, ETA... he did not use the name Darrell so he must be doing the circuits but I cannot find yet on googling.

If it is CNN, it will be on 1,000,000 more times today for others to see :floorlaugh: :moo:

He was on CNN. I just saw the very end of the interview. I would like to see the whole thing though. The interviewers seemed incredulous.

Anyone find a link to the comments about protective custody?

He was on CNN. I just saw the very end of the interview. I would like to see the whole thing though. The interviewers seemed incredulous.

He seems to be enjoying all the attention.

It's easy to think of the SS family as a success story, but there are two other amazing success stories in this case, in my opinion. One is Mrs. Figueroa. She left her home and came here and worked hard. She must have saved and made careful choices with her money. She succeeded in putting her children through college and even saved enough to buy her dream retirement house back home. Finally, she would have been reunited with her family and have the ease that her years of hard work EARNED for her.

To me, this woman is an amazing success! I admire her more than I can say. I am infuriated that she was so close to living her dream and it was brutally taken from her.

Another success story to me is DW's father. He too came here to make a better life. He and his wife are highly praised by neighbors in news articles. He has provided a nice home for his family, worked hard, lived an honest life, and should be a role model for anyone, especially his own son.

But, if you read the Facebook pages of DW and many of his friends, they have a whole different value system. They think material possessions are what defines a real man. They think flash and cash make people "respect" them. They feed off this superficiality and encourage it in one another. There is a strong sense of entitlement...of being "owed." They have no respect for the people like VF or DW's father. They don't have hot "rims", gold chains, etc.

This culture is making the world dangerous. Not just for families like SS...but for every demographic, every one of us. But it sure is being fed and promoted by pop culture.

We don't confront it. We move behind gates. Or sleep with knives. Or buy guns.

My opinion only.

Of course, the Petit family went through the almost exact same murder/torture and that crime had nothing to do with "the culture" that you've described...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1