DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, the Petit family went through the almost exact same murder/torture and that crime had nothing to do with "the culture" that you've described...

Yes, it did. Those two murderers had exactly the same mindset. They wanted things that belonged to other people. They felt entitled to take them. They apparently felt that somehow their victims had wronged them, because they had things they did not have...and somehow justified the horror to themselves. No work ethic. No empathy. No compassion. Just greed.

Same exact mindset. Same culture. IMO.

I think your statistics/ opinion about crime in gated communities is wrong however. When you have to stop, have your license plate photographed, your name checked off a list, your business and employees (if regular) listed and checked in, and no one gets in, no deliveries,NADA, after 6PM...unless listed by a resident for entry....
sbm

IDK about crime statistics for gated communities, and hesitate to bring up a single example which does not disprove any studies or statistics, but ...
Couple in their 80's, Mr & Mrs Dermond killed ~ a yr ago, ~1 hr outside Atlanta. Gated community and home w alarm system. Many threads here, but sadly, still not solved. Other gated community homicides too, not going to start listing.

SSM, as you say, nothing is failproof.

ETA: I should have known several others would post a ref to the D's before I did.

Yes, it did. Those two murderers had exactly the same mindset. They wanted things that belonged to other people. They felt entitled to take them. They apparently felt that somehow their victims had wronged them, because they had things they did not have...and somehow justified the horror to themselves. No work ethic. No empathy. No compassion. Just greed.

Same exact mindset. Same culture. IMO.
They were followed home because one of them was attracted to the youngest daughter.

not much new about the mindset of greed...IMO.

Yes, I've followed that.

The comment was that gated communities have "as much or more crime." That needs statistics to prove that hyperbole. And if it were true, people would not be paying the cost to provide security in these communities. They'd just tear down the gates, fire the private security, dismantle the cameras. Show me a REAL statistic, not examples...and that will settle our debate.

I'm happy to concede the pointof any of you can provide real statistics. Then I can take them to our POA and show them how we can all save a lot of money. LOL!

Anyone find a link to the comments about protective custody?

:moo: A fellow WS'er posted that, but I'm thinking it was IT's :moo: as IT referred to IT's support as the fact that an MSM report stated that he was not in touch with media, but had been in contact with LE

That to me does NOT support or even suggest that W-1 is in protective custody.

Everyone has their own conclusions... I'm not even near jumping to that conclusion based on those comments by my fellow websleuther and what I have read in MSM (or blogs approved by WS).

If I was involved in this as a witness in anyway, I would talk to LE, but not media. I would be hiding from media for surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre. Innocent or not :moo:

:moo: I've googled and searched and :websleuther: but all I could find was the above words about him not talking to media, but was talking to LE

HTH

not much new about the mindset of greed...IMO.

Can you explain why we used to be able to leave our doors unlocked even in urban communities? That has changed.

When violence escalates because people decide that their greed and envy ENTITLES them to take from others...that is a BIG change.

Can you explain why we used to be able to leave our doors unlocked even in urban communities? That has changed.

When violence escalates because people decide that their greed and envy ENTITLES them to take from others...that is a BIG change.

Not to derail the discussion too much... but do we actually know that crime rates are higher? They have gone down in a lot of cities, but I don't know about overall rates. I do think we hear about a lot more crimes now with all the crime shows, the internet, etc., but I'm not sure we're less safe. I agree that we feel less safe.

Not to derail the discussion too much... but do we actually know that crime rates are higher? They have gone down in a lot of cities, but I don't know about overall rates. I do think we hear about a lot more crimes now with all the crime shows, the internet, etc., but I'm not sure we're less safe. I agree that we feel less safe.

There were 42 people shot and killed in Baltimore in the month of May. That was the highest since 1971.

There were 42 people shot and killed in Baltimore in the month of May. That was the highest since 1971.

One city, one month. That's not an overall statistic for the US.

:moo: A fellow WS'er posted that, but I'm thinking it was IT's :moo: as IT referred to IT's support as the fact that an MSM report stated that he was not in touch with media, but had been in contact with LE

That to me does NOT support or even suggest that W-1 is in protective custody.

I have said such things, like as a reason not to draw conclusions about JW attending or not attending the funeral as he might not have a choice. We can't assume JW would willfully not to go the funeral for whatever reason because we don't know what his status is.

i wouldnt be surprised if NG was at the funeral but would be if JW Was there. especially since i remember an article previously said the family had not heard form him since the murders.

In the video it mentions how LE says there must be some kind of a connection with a current employee. LE may not have used the word 'must,' but the reporter characterized LE as saying that. This is mentioned at the :50 mark. I take that as meaning that JW's mouth (or someone else we don't know of) could have been the accomplice without him knowing what he was doing or that he could have willingly conspired in some way. There's probably something very specific that went on that LE knows about but hasn't been released publicly.

The only video I saw was the daughters walking into the church. No dialogue. Is there another video you saw?

We actually don't know. I am not sure why people are posting that he didn't answer 11:54AM call as if it were a fact.

Also, didn't the reports say, (the last call out or in on SS's phone was at 11:54) I don't believe they ever said who called whom. For all we know JW could have called SS. I'm not able to pull up the report right now, can anybody else check that. I really could swear that it never specified who made that call or if it was answered.

Also, didn't the reports say, (the last call out or in on SS's phone was at 11:54) I don't believe they ever said who called whom. For all we know JW could have called SS. I'm not able to pull up the report right now, can anybody else check that. I really could swear that it never specified who made that call or if it was answered.

11:54AM was outgoing call from SS's cell phone to his assistant's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1