DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by stmarysmead View Post
We lived for many years in a house on 15 acres of land. The original listing said that the home was "secluded but close to everything." That's exactly what we loved about it! Five minutes to all the shopping, but hidden in our own little woods.

My husband traveled often, so I spent my days and many nights alone in that house, after our children went off to school. I was never afraid. I adored that house. So did my husband and our family. We had great happiness there, wonderful memories. We had "country neighbors" of all demographics. My neighbor, a widower who lived on disability payments, grew tomatoes and left bushels by my door in season. In return, I made those tomatoes into quarts of soup and left them on his doorstep. He plowed me out when snow blocked our long drive.

I would NEVER buy that house today. Not in the world we live in now. There is too much hate, and envy, and easy criminality. There seems to be a mindset, as we see in this horror of a case, that if other people have material possessions and YOU DONT...that THEY have wronged YOU. So therefore brutality is acceptable, even understandable.

I live behind gates now. Everybody is the same.

This is NOT the way it's supposed to be. But I sleep peacefully at night.

I wish we could afford gates lol. I'm the opposite. I live in a neighborhood that's very quiet, houses very close. My husband is gone twice a week and I'm terrified. I put both daughters in my bed, lock my bedroom door, and keep a butcher knife near. My husband thinks I'm crazy, lol maybe I am, but that's just how I feel

Gabchar27 and stmarysmead, sadly there are no neighborhoods immune from violent crime; urban, suburban, or rural. In many of the cases that we have followed on WS, we often hear the statement, 'horrific crimes like this just doesn't happen in our safe little community/neighborhood'.. Guess, it is the same reasoning that people have about their house catching fire; my neighbor's house may burn, but not mine.. Imo, although Savvas-Savopoulos, was safety conscientious, diligent, and very well prepared; martial arts trained, had a firearm/s, and home security alarm protection. Although prepared, he likely never dreamed that his family would face the tragic nightmare scenario of darkness and evil that they endured..

‘A little piece of our hearts are gone’
<snipped & BBM - read more>
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5e5e24-0545-11e5-bc72-f3e16bf50bb6_story.html

Savvas and Amy Savopoulos cheered their 10-year-old son, Philip, in early May as he indulged an obsession with racing go-karts. Around the same time, Philip and his two teenage sisters cuddled up together to watch &#8220;Finding Nemo.&#8221;

On Mother&#8217;s Day, Amy Savopoulos received a Facebook message from one of her girls: &#8220;You are so tolerant and understanding. Thank you for always being there when I need you.&#8221; The mother replied her daughter was &#8220;pure sunshine.&#8221;

They were the kind of tranquil, joyful and ordinary moments that a close-knit family takes for granted. They would be among the last shared by the Savopoulos clan.

Four days after the Facebook messages on May 14, the family&#8217;s stately home in one of D.C.&#8217;s most expensive neighborhoods was torched. The bodies of Savvas, Amy, Philip and their housekeeper, Veralicia Figueroa, 57, were found inside. They had been beaten and stabbed.

With a knife you have to get close enough to stab the perp, and unless you are involved in MMA, most men can over power you, a woman. Please do yourself and your family a favor...Buy a gun and learn how to use it. And if you ever point it at someone, be mentally prepared to pull the trigger.
You'd be surprised how many women are at ranges.
And get your kids involved in some MA activity.

Don't live afraid to live.
Learn what you have to do to keep yourself and your family safe.

And don't be fooled by living behind gates. Those neighborhoods have as much if not more crime that non-gated. They let any white UNSUB work van in... IMO...

Good advice about the gun.

I think your statistics/ opinion about crime in gated communities is wrong however. When you have to stop, have your license plate photographed, your name checked off a list, your business and employees (if regular) listed and checked in, and no one gets in, no deliveries,NADA, after 6PM...unless listed by a resident for entry....it's a deterrent.

But perhaps you were just joking. I'm not going to ask for a link. LOL!

I've gotten called from the gate because I forgot to tell them the phone company was coming. Even the truck wasn't getting him in.

But nothing is fail safe. Not in this culture.

Who wants to have to live with guns or gates? Why do we have to? We didn't used to....

We know that JW missed a call from SS at 11:54am (SS last phone call) do to no reception while in lowe's (they have JW on video at lowe's as well) JW did not call SS back untill 1:40. It was obviously to late.

Actually, we don't. It was just a speculation. I have not seen anything like this reported in msm.

Good advice about the gun.

I think your statistics about crime in gated communities is wrong however. When you have to stop, have your license plate photographed, your name checked off a list, your business and employees (if regular) listed and checked in, and no one gets in, no deliveries,NADA, unless listed by a resident for entry....it's a deterrent.

I've gotten called from the gate because I forgot to tell them the phone company was coming. Even the truck wasn't getting him in.

But nothing is fail safe. Not in this culture.

Who wants to have to live with guns or gates? Why do we have to? We didn't used to....

Supposedly, SS family did have a gun. Little good did it do them.

We know that JW missed a call from SS at 11:54am (SS last phone call) do to no reception while in lowe's (they have JW on video at lowe's as well) JW did not call SS back untill 1:40. It was obviously to late.

NO... I speculated that if he was at the Lowes hardware store then you do lose reception there and it is possible that he didn't get the call. That was my opinion and NOT a fact!

Sorry, not being nasty just emphasizing so people aren't confused. :)

The picture of Savas, Amy and Philip walking together away from the camera is especially poignant.

JW just dropped off 40.000, he gets a call at 11:54, ok... He didn't get reception at that time, but he can still tell that he missed a call, I don't believe he was in the hardware store until 1:40, you would think after the weird morning transaction (meeting AIW at bank, call 10 in advance, drop money in car, close garage) that had transpired and the responsibility that he held (he never saw SS tangibly take the money) he would ASAP call SS, no, I NOW BELIEF JW is involved, because of the 1:40 call back..... NO ANSWER

I could make the same case, that it means he was NOT involved. If he was partners with DW, wouldn't he have answered that call quicker?

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. &#8212; the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire. Washington Post

Yes, last call made from SS phone was at 11:54 AM on Thursday to his assistant. That tells us nothing on whether assistant answered the call or not.

I bet this isn't the first time DDW has killed? He just got caught.

I think what throws people off in that article is that it says JW didn't return messages left on his phone, but it isn't clear whether that is messages left by the reporter at a later date or messages that were left by SS.

It's very clear to me they are saying JW didn't return calls from reporter.

It's very clear to me they are saying JW didn't return calls from reporter.

Yes, it's clear to me too and I was agreeing with you, but clearly many people on here have gotten tripped up on it and so I was giving a reason why I thought people were getting tripped in seeing it said that messages weren't returned right near where it mentions the 11:54 time. That something is clear to you sometimes you have to explain it to others why it may not be clear to them in order to resolve the misunderstanding.

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. &#8212; the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire. Washington Post

I found the source article for the above quote (http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html).

The above quote DOES NOT substantiate the idea that JW did not answer the 11:54 call from SS.

To put it in context, it was published late on 5/20, which was a Wednesday. The article starts with: "D.C. police said late Wednesday that they have identified a suspect in the killings of Savvas Savopoulos, his wife, young son and housekeeper, who authorities believe were held captive in the family&#8217;s Northwest Washington home."

It then goes on to say, "The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday,,". The article is saying that the WASHINGTON POST tried to reach JW for comment and left messages on JW's cell phone on Wednesday (the day of the article) and he did not return them.

Nothing in the article says that the 11:54 call from SS to JW, which was on a THURSDAY, was not answered.

I found the source article for the above quote (http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html).

The above quote DOES NOT substantiate the idea that DW did not answer the 11:54 call from SS.

To put it in context, it was published late on 5/20, which was a Wednesday. The article starts with: "D.C. police said late Wednesday that they have identified a suspect in the killings of Savvas Savopoulos, his wife, young son and housekeeper, who authorities believe were held captive in the family&#8217;s Northwest Washington home."

It then goes on to say, "The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday." The article is saying that the WASHINGTON POST tried to reach DW for comment and left messages on DW's cell phone on Wednesday (the day of the article) and he did not return them.

Nothing in the article says that the 11:54 call from SS to DW, which was on a THURSDAY was not answered.

That's exactly right. We don't know if 11:54 am call was answered or not.

Sorry, I am sure this has been answered, but do we know DW didn't answer the phone? All I recall seeing is that the noon(ish) call was the last outgoing call from SS's phone and that it was to DW, but I don't recall it being released that DW missed the call.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Yes, you are correct, my apologies. The article states he did not return cell call on Wednesday and the 11.54 call was the last from SS to W-1, doesn't state whether it was answered or not. W-1 tried to call SS at 1.40pm but no reply. Hope this clarifies it.

I think your initials mean W-1.

I
The picture of Savas, Amy and Philip walking together away from the camera is especially poignant.

Does anyone think JW will attend the funeral? Certainly many AIW employees will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1