DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe Mr. Ficker, Wint's mother doesn't like pizza, Wint's brother doesn't like pizza, and Wint's sister doesnt' like pizza.
Is that a brilliant defense or what?

There was something else Ficker said this morning on CNN, and my doggie was barking at our mailman, he always protects me from that scary mailman :wink: , so I could not hear all of it.

But Ficker said something like: " ....and the police should be looking at the angry people from the company that SS owned and went bankrupt---a lot of angry people were laid off and they should be looking there...."

If you believe Mr. Ficker, Wint's mother doesn't like pizza, Wint's brother doesn't like pizza, and Wint's sister doesnt' like pizza.
Is that a brilliant defense or what?
I thought he was saying that Wint's mother said that Wint doesn't like pizza, his brother said that Wint doesn't like pizza, etc.

The perp wasn't seen entering the house so why do you assume he would have been seen opening the front door and picking up an envelope? There was a massive hedge across the front of the house and the front door set-back into an alcove.

JMO

I'm guessing DW wanted to reduce his chances of exposure. He made it inside, why risk someone seeing you poke your head out? Already risky enough being on the first floor where someone might see him through the window. Garage is definitely safer option for him, and no reason he couldn't have opened garage door ahead of time for JW (after he called 10 mins ahead). OR SS told DW that W1 had access to the garage, so no collusion necessary.

I'm in the camp that thinks W1 is somehow involved, although not necessarily complicit in the murders. It won't matter in the end - if he was just part of planning the extortion, he'll be equally culpable for the murder that arose from it.

BTW, driving to my son's school today, I saw a ton of construction workers about a block from the S home with those green vests. Then I saw security at my son's school wearing them and then road workers with green vests. They are everywhere now that I'm looking for them!

There was something else Ficker said this morning on CNN, and my doggie was barking at our mailman, he always protects me from that scary mailman :wink: , so I could not hear all of it.

But Ficker said something like: " ....and the police should be looking at the angry people from the company that SS owned and went bankrupt---a lot of angry people were laid off and they should be looking there...."

BBM: or FIRED. Hmm wasn't DDW fired? Hmm

Ficker provided another excellent point to the Prosecution. :hilarious:

The charging docs aren't really clear what happened given how so many things got walked back and changed. I'm not sure if for instance what really happened was that JW had used an S car from the house to go the bank. Nothing has been said one way or the other as to what car(s) JW was using that day and if he had gone to the house to get a car, that could explain why the car he was in already had the envelope in it, which otherwise seems to materialize out of thin air after JW walked back that the AIW employee gave him the envelope.

That wouldn't make much sense if they were trying to do things as quickly as possible. Last I heard, W1 lives in MD. So he would have had to drive into DC, then back out to Hyattsville, then back to DC, all at rush hour. Fastest would be to drive to Hyattsville (where SS may have kept a car for W1 to pick up on the way to get him in the mornings) then to DC before heading to Chantilly. JMO

Oh yes!!! You're right! I wrote it down, it was something like 'Metals Fabulous'. Whatever it was it wasn't familiar to me and I intended to research, ... and forgot until you just mentioned it.

I don't think we know for sure where the cash was left. Earliest news stories reported a package left on the doorstep. JW claims he was instructed to drop off in car in garage. LE found manilla envelope in car in garage, but no cash. It's like the phone game at this point. Please correct me as to what we do know for pretty much sure on this drop.
JMO if drop was made by anyone involved with the alleged perpetrator DW, he could have left a key in the garage for that person to enter house so he could inspect the drop. Of course we don't know who was the boss of who, except we can conjecture that given being the hostage, SS was not able to do more than facilitate the funding.
I am still most curious about the purported lie JW gave about the ca being locked, the amount actually delivered as opposed to secured from bank, and if a split in amount was made. But I think investigators are way ahead on this. JMO.

They didn't find the manila envelope either.
CDocs:
A visual inspection was conducted of the red sports car that was parked inside of the garage of 3201 Woodland
Drive; there was no visible traces of a manila envelope, loose cash or any other items on the front seat or floor.

Oh yes!!! You're right! I wrote it down, it was something like 'Metals Fabulous'. Whatever it was it wasn't familiar to me and I intended to research, ... and forgot until you just mentioned it.

OK Good. Glad you caught the name because I didn't. I also thought he said the company was 'foreclosed on' or some weird term like that, but I might have heard him wrong. But businesses are not typically 'foreclosed'---odd.

We don't know for sure where he left the money because he changed his story. But the charging documents mention no manila envelope was found in the car. I think the only reason he changed his story and mentioned the garage is to give a reason his DNA might be found inside the garage.

JMO

But why would he need to do that? As driver of the cars, I would expect his DNA to be on all the cars and in the garage. Even if he didn't regularly spend time in the garage, as long as he'd been there before, that's enough to explain DNA and fingerprints being found there.

I thought he was saying that Wint's mother said that Wint doesn't like pizza, his brother said that Wint doesn't like pizza, etc.

No, he said Wint's mother, brother and sister don't like pizza. You can listen for yourself.

“[Wint’s] mother doesn’t like pizza, his sister doesn’t like pizza, his brother doesn’t like pizza,” Ficker told Guilfoyle. “He’s got five sisters, three brothers, they’re from Guyana. There’s no Papa Johns. It’s a British-speaking country in South America. It has 750,000 people. It’s the size of Kansas. They don’t have pizza there.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/d-c-mans...nt-have-done-it-because-he-doesnt-like-pizza/

I just saw video of the surviving daughters on ABC World News. Heartbreaking. Just heartbreaking.

Earlier today there was discussion of whether or when the person on video was referred to as a "black male". Some of us recalled MSM mentions but nobody could find it. The charging documents -- part of which were written before the arrest of DW (the documents were signed on 5/19, the supplement was written post-arrest and signed on May 22) refer to the man on the video as being black: http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/charging-papers-against-daron-wint/1558/

I still haven't located MSM references to a "black male".

Thank you, Skigirl. That must have been where I first saw it, although in my addled brain it was even earlier. Either way, I find it hard to believe LE can tell the person in the video is a black male without additional video to which we are not privy. But it fits with their theory and helped to secure the arrest warrant. I still think it could be a white girl from the video, but it's not necessary for the person running from the car to be the same person who committed the murders IMO.

I saw this!!! It was enough to make me rewind my DVR immediately to see if I had heard it correctly, but it appeared extremely edited even on the first go around when I saw it on the 11pm news. I have been wondering about this since then, but didn't want to bring it up here in case I misremembered something. The neighbor definitely said what he saw made him stop his car, but that was it, it was just a snippet and then they cut back to the live report. Very odd.

RG and FR, do you know the date that report first aired? Maybe we can find it cached somewhere.

This then is worthy of a SECOND posting today in case y'all missed it. MUST SEE tv! Video and article here at http://www.mediaite.com/tv/d-c-mansion-murder-suspects-lawyer-he-couldnt-have-done-it-because-he-doesnt-like-pizza/

And the Washinton Post is having a ball writing about this guy too :floorlaugh: See here at (oopsie, need to close this page and then edit it as won't let me post the other link... brb)

attention everyone...yes, that means you too​

no more off topic posts. The topic of the thread is savvas savopoulos, family & veralicia figueroa murdered; daron wint arrested

the topic is not guns, murder stats, social issues, or anything else but "savvas savopoulos, family & veralicia figueroa murdered; daron wint arrested"

signed,
a slightly stressed forum owner who likes to play with colors when posting

bumping.....

No, he said Wint's mother, brother and sister don't like pizza. You can listen for yourself.

“[Wint’s] mother doesn’t like pizza, his sister doesn’t like pizza, his brother doesn’t like pizza,” Ficker told Guilfoyle. “He’s got five sisters, three brothers, they’re from Guyana. There’s no Papa Johns. It’s a British-speaking country in South America. It has 750,000 people. It’s the size of Kansas. They don’t have pizza there.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/d-c-mans...nt-have-done-it-because-he-doesnt-like-pizza/

Washington Post is also having a field day with this guy if you haven't read this one :floorlaugh:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/06/01/robin-ficker-on-cnn-regarding-quadruple-murder-pizza-ingredients-have-their-own-distinctive-molecules/

An even higher level of Ficker-oriented preparedness prevailed on CNN’s air this morning. Hosts Kate Bolduan and John Berman welcomed the Maryland attorney again, this time to discuss Ficker’s recent visit to Wint and his discovery that the accused doesn’t like pizza.

RG and FR, do you know the date that report first aired? Maybe we can find it cached somewhere.

Tuesday, May 19, but go back just a few pages in this thread -- our intrepid Sleuthers found it cached.

And who doesn't like pizza? Seriously! His DNA is on the crust.

Yes, but don't you know that the pizza was found in a garbage can per Mr. Ficker FGS! Therefore, it's to be evidence that should be trashed per Ficker.

pizzabox.JPG
cnn.com

:doh: Nevermind Mr. Ficker, that was an EVIDENCE collection garbage can ... seeeeeeeeeeeee

:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member