DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From ABC article: http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

"The search warrant document reveals that since the murders, the police have been trying to locate an additional suspect by tracking the cellphone of victim Amy Savopoulos. Investigators suspect that her phone was taken by an unknown suspect during the crime.

The victims' cellphones have not been located."

None of the phones have been located, but this article is suggesting they are more interested in Amy's phone. Interesting if that is indeed the case- why hers? Do they think it's someone she was in contact with? That her phone went somewhere different than the other two phones? That someone used her phone to contact someone else?

The cell phones are something I've been interested in since the start of this. I was curious if they were located there or not, and was interested what it would mean if they were or weren't.

All just speculation, of course.

Sounds like it remained active and pinged for a time away from the house. idk

Sounds like it remained active and pinged for a time away from the house. idk

Right. It may be that her battery lasted longer than SS's because his was used so much. Just speculation.

[video=twitter;606207434408005632]https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/606207434408005632[/video]

54059-walking-the-walk-panoramic.jpg

JMO, BUT that looks just like a Timberland boot print. Remember at the time of DW's arrest, I noted that the bigger guy, in the dark hoodie, who was also under arrest was wearing what appeared to be Timberlands.

Not what the documents say he said to LE--according to the charging docs, W-1 (JW) told investigators he placed the cash in a manila envelope he found on the driver's side of the car.

These docus as well show that at that stage of investigation, they thought the crimes detailed in it would "require" the presence/assistance of more than one person.

So ABC is confusing me.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documen...086401/charging-papers-against-daron-wint.pdf

We're going to need some kind of chart to keep track of all JW's versions about that money and what it was in whether it be red bag or manila envelope.

JMO

At the victim's request, Wallace placed the money, which was in a red bag covered by a manila envelope, on the seat of a red sports car in the garage.

Well.... that's new! (from the abc link)

This is different than what the court doc stated JW stated in his second story, right? Maybe he had a third story after that doc was submitted? I'm getting confused!

Loosely connected to DC, I am familiar with the area and the school young PS attended and have great empathy for this family and their community.

Like others here I have been monitoring this and another local DC site reading opinions trying to learn information and form opinions of my own.

I think to have been a planned by a small group, it would have been better organized and one would expect an exit or getaway planned. The burning of the victim's car in a church parking lot in close proximity to where DDW was staying/living with family appears chaotic and impulsive. There were hours between the time the home and car are set ablaze and yet, the car ends up only blocks from where he is living-desperate.

I believe JW and other witnesses, AIW workers etc. are only related through their employment. The loss of this family is sad for them as well. The added air of suspicion under which they have fallen has been an added insult and will hopefully resolve once LE completes their investigation.

DDW is an emotionally unstable, possibly personality disordered man with a long history of angry, threatening and violent assaults usually exerted towards those with whom he has a relationship, his family, friends, girlfriends and possibly, coworkers.

The USA9 article (link provided) outlines a list of many of the charges against DDW over his years in the USA. It is interesting to note that most seem to occur after DWW has been out to a club or a restaurant so probably after consuming alcohol. This prompts me to wonder if even his discharge from the USMC boot camp reported to be on medical grounds wasn't related to Alcoholism or mental disorder.

Even the charges from his arrest outside the AIW were reduced to an open container of alcohol.
DDW seems to experience conflict very personally, he is unable to cope as if extremely threatened. It is also likely that it is alcohol that disinhibits him and he is unable to modulate his feelings of anger. Instead he threatens, becomes aggressive and acts out violently. It's as if he is of two personalities otherwise how does one account for his making romantic relationships or being hired anywhere?

On a local DC site, a poster presented information but was quickly dismissed as it was determined the poster was confused and erroneously posting information about the New York based, NORTH American Iron Works Company (emphasis using capitalization, mine) instead of the American Iron Works Company based in Maryland and relevant to this case.

I believe there may be a connection especially as it relates to DWW's motivation to once again confront AIW but this time not at the work site. Instead, angered, he assaults SS at home.

Please bear with me here.
We know DDW has connections to NYC and we are told his girlfriend lives in Brooklyn. It is also likely he has connection to the Guyanese community in NYC as well.

On Monday, May 18, 2015 the New York Daily News reported:
...Nearly three dozen construction workers — mostly Guyanese immigrants — got back pay Monday totaling close to $1 million after a city probe found they’d been ripped off by their employer.

The checks for the North American Iron Works employees — who worked on city schools and the Queens Museum from 2010 to 2012 — ranged from $382 to $73,801, according to city Controller Scott Stringer’s office....

Link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-workers-owes-872k-back-pay-article-1.2227392

The announcement/press conference occurred on Monday, May 18th. In the photograph in the Observer article, NYC Controller, Scott Stringer is at the podium and he is surrounded by North American Iron Works employees. It is probable the knowledge of funds being recouped for the workers was disseminated among the community in the weeks or week before the May 18th announcement. DWW may have even known some of those receiving compensation.

It is possible that DDW felt slighted, cheated, possibly jealous and became angry and volatile. With the timing of this payout, it is plausible DDW approach the SS family on May 13, 2015 to settle whatever he perceived was denied him or done to him. This wasn't a straight up, robbery, burglary related to greed. This crime was personal and unique to DWW. He was enraged, he escalated and exacted his violent revenge on this poor family.
DDW DNA, blood evidence and likely additional evidence will assure either life in prison or if possible through case circumstances/locales, the death penalty.
If the death penalty applies, it may still be life in prison because it's possible there are significant mitigating factors in his background and/or he is mentally ill.

Although DDW will never leave prison, it is still hard to accept this dangerous man was free in the community to commit this horrible crime at all.

Peace to those who loved the victims of this crime.

New York Observer article link:
http://observer.com/2015/05/stringe...y-contractor-for-underpaid-immigrant-workers/

Press Release:
https://comptroller.nyc.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/PR15-05-056.pdf

DWW Criminal (violent) History Link:
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/05/22/daron-wint-dc-quadruple-murder-suspect/27774899/

All of my post composed by me is IMOO

We're going to need some kind of chart to keep track of all JW's versions about that money and what it was in whether it be red bag or manila envelope.

JMO

True that! He must have given a third story, or more, when he couldn't produce the bag that he said he didn't leave at the scene--sorry, didn't leave in the CAR, to stick to the exact wording in the doc.

WOW; strange. I would think that id he saw a broken window and kicked in door that he would have called 911????? How could he miss that? Was it done later as a staging thing?

When I first viewed photos of the house I was struck by the view to the left front. There is an awning that looks like it covered a seating area. Unusual as it was in the front of the house though not visible from the street because of the tall hedges. No doubt there were french doors in the back of the house but maybe some in the front also? Could Vera's husband have gone around on the right side to the back? Just a thought. MOO.

From ABC article: http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

"The search warrant document reveals that since the murders, the police have been trying to locate an additional suspect by tracking the cellphone of victim Amy Savopoulos. Investigators suspect that her phone was taken by an unknown suspect during the crime.

None of the phones have been located, but this article is suggesting they are more interested in Amy's phone. Interesting if that is indeed the case- why hers? Do they think it's someone she was in contact with? That her phone went somewhere different than the other two phones? That someone used her phone to contact someone else?

The cell phones are something I've been interested in since the start of this. I was curious if they were located there or not, and was interested what it would mean if they were or weren't.

Because NG has publicly stated that on Wednesday, AS phoned SS and told him to come home. She has claimed JW left the dojo at 3:30. LE is going to pinpoint the Wednesday locations of AS, SS, VF and JW and they are going to find out if AS really did phone SS.

JMO

j

INTERESTING:
I tried to link the tweet with the fine print that says- LOCATED in reference to AS cell phone and I am not able capture the whole screen.
Now with the tweets in regard to VF and SS's phone- NOT LOCATED has been removed from the small print.*************

Taken during the crime suggests that another perp was in the house at one point and left with her phone. The significance of this is that NG claims Amy texted her on Thursday morning. The phone data will tell LE exactly where the phone was located when that text was made, i.e., that it wasn't Amy sending the text.

JMO

That places a whole new spin on the "he played with the package, therefore he is guilty" theory.

And it definitely explains why the SW is still looking for the red bag!!!

Has there been any insight into the discrepancy between JW's second story (in which he took the money out of the bag and put it into a manila envelope and then put that into the car) and this new version? Could one possibility be that when LE asked JW to produce the bag, he couldn't, so he once again changed the story to give a reason as to why he couldn't produce it? I was wondering why there was such a big deal about the red bag in those docs!

He 1) related that he got the money in a manila envelope which he then was instructed (per phone 10 minutes from house) to put in car and located key to car, unlocked, and put envelope in car
2) related that yes, as per the employee he met at bank had claimed, he transferred the bundles into a bag, car was unlocked, he found a manila envelope on driver's side and transferred cash in bag into it.

It's all here in the CD as per link already posted.

We have no way of knowing if the "red bag" listed in warrant is the one JW admitted he transferred ransom money into and which his GF showed photos of and text about to LE.

Has there been any insight into the discrepancy between JW's second story (in which he took the money out of the bag and put it into a manila envelope and then put that into the car) and this new version? Could one possibility be that when LE asked JW to produce the bag, he couldn't, so he once again changed the story to give a reason as to why he couldn't produce it? I was wondering why there was such a big deal about the red bag in those docs!

Just my opinion, but if he had changed his story again after being asked for the red bag, it would have been put in the CD's. They had no problem putting in that his story changed...it it was changed a third time, I think that would have even more significance.

But that is just my opinion.

Does anyone know if the Charging Docs came out before/after or simultaneously with the Search Warrants?

Since the red bag is missing in the SW, I am not sure what to think...

Yeah, that is definitely not a french door!!!! Who said it was a french door, media, SW, or LE? This is getting really annoying!!!

Do you have any info on the bag that DW was found with?

He 1) related that he got the money in a manila envelope which he then was instructed (per phone 10 minutes from house) to put in car and located key to car, unlocked, and put envelope in car
2) related that yes, as per the employee he met at bank had claimed, he transferred the bundles into a bag, car was unlocked, he found a manila envelope on driver's side and transferred cash in bag into it.

It's all here in the CD as per link already posted.

We have no way of knowing if the "red bag" listed in warrant is the one JW admitted he transferred ransom money into and which his GF showed photos of and text about to LE.

Well the search warrant says "red bag with ransom money" so I think it's fair to say it's the same bag. IMO, of course.

j

INTERESTING:
I tried to link the tweet with the fine print that says- LOCATED in reference to AS cell phone and I am not able capture the whole screen.
Now with the tweets in regard to VF and SS's phone- NOT LOCATED has been removed from the small print.*************

From the numbers on the affidavits- I was able sleuth who the cell phone #s belong to-
There were 2 numbers- #1 was JW and second # ........ (I have the name but I'm not sure if I can post it). However, it may be the other possible suspect. I have never heard this name before BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee