DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! And you are probably right and I hope they've unearthed some useful information.

Incidentally, what does "BBM" mean?

(Also, I'm sure I double posted, still getting the hang of things)

bbm. bolded by me

I feel awful for those firefighters. There must be nothing worse than finding a young child's charred body in their bedroom. I hope they are getting counseling and support. My son was an EMT for a short while, but seeing dead children did him in. He had to quit.

At the victim's request, Wallace placed the money, which was in a red bag covered by a manila envelope, on the seat of a red sports car in the garage.

Well.... that's new! (from the abc link)

So do we know yet if that statement from LE, saying they were looking to match that bootprint , is outdated. What kind of shoe is reported to have blood on it, that DW was wearing when arrested? What is the perp with the bucket wearing? I forget.

At the victim's request, Wallace placed the money, which was in a red bag covered by a manila envelope, on the seat of a red sports car in the garage.

OHHHH. Very interesting. Earlier I was thinking that JW had taken the bag home and was not giving it to LE. That made me very suspicious of him. But if he left it, that's another story. Confusing....:sigh:

For some reason, I can't seem to copy and paste using an iPad from that ABC article but that IS NEW, the part about the red bag COVERED by the manilla envelope. Odd.

Doesn't look like a french door to me.

I know, right?

My Mom has French Doors. The opening goes all of the way across the door. There is no 'opening' visible in that door. I could kick that door in. It looks rickety for a 5 million dollar home.

ETA: I guess the dividing line of the FRENCH door might be up above the pictured portion. ?

Doesn't look like a very substantial exterior door, at all!

I know, seriously. I think I could kick that rickety door in myself. It looks like the door in our old outdoor shed.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

This article has a photo of the boot print on the kicked in door.

HT_evidence_mansion_murder_jef_150603_16x9_992.jpg

I smell a rat.

Maybe its only the reporters that are calling it a french door. Hope we get to see that warrant.

For some reason, I can't seem to copy and paste using an iPad from that ABC article but that IS NEW, the part about the red bag COVERED by the manilla envelope. Odd.

I can never Copy & paste from the ABC website on my iPad either. Glad I'm not the only one!

That places a whole new spin on the "he played with the package, therefore he is guilty" theory.

And it definitely explains why the SW is still looking for the red bag!!!

Does this mean the prosecutors motion to quash subpoena was denied?

Catching up, had to shower after reading some of this. Yes the prosecutors motion has been denied. I'm not sure if the public will get the information requested though.

Several thoughts:

1. The search warrant goes back several days before the crime. Could be because it was early days and they wanted to err on the side of inclusiveness because they didn't know what they were dealing with.
2. The Secret Service guards the President/VP/families and investigates currency crimes. I assume they were there because of the money.
3. JW did not give them his phone, he showed them his phone. Whatever the persuasive powers of LE, if he had given them his phone it would have said so. This is the information going to the judge. It doesn't mean he is involved but it does mean he was not cooperating completely, at least in the first day or two.

Just catching up so maybe you have addressed this? What purpose did it serve for him to lie about when he got the call? To me, it seems rather incriminating. What was he trying to hide? Is there a simple explanation for it?

I bet the FBI is all over that tread pattern

From ABC article: http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

"The search warrant document reveals that since the murders, the police have been trying to locate an additional suspect by tracking the cellphone of victim Amy Savopoulos. Investigators suspect that her phone was taken by an unknown suspect during the crime.

The victims' cellphones have not been located."

None of the phones have been located, but this article is suggesting they are more interested in Amy's phone. Interesting if that is indeed the case- why hers? Do they think it's someone she was in contact with? That her phone went somewhere different than the other two phones? That someone used her phone to contact someone else?

The cell phones are something I've been interested in since the start of this. I was curious if they were located there or not, and was interested what it would mean if they were or weren't.

All just speculation, of course.

Not what the documents say he said to LE--according to the charging docs, W-1 (JW) told investigators he placed the cash in a manila envelope he found on the driver's side of the car.

These docus as well show that at that stage of investigation, they thought the crimes detailed in it would "require" the presence/assistance of more than one person.

So ABC is confusing me.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documen...086401/charging-papers-against-daron-wint.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee