DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any insight into the discrepancy between JW's second story (in which he took the money out of the bag and put it into a manila envelope and then put that into the car) and this new version? Could one possibility be that when LE asked JW to produce the bag, he couldn't, so he once again changed the story to give a reason as to why he couldn't produce it? I was wondering why there was such a big deal about the red bag in those docs!

I think it is true the banker handed over the money to the accountant in a manila envelope. There was no need to put it in the red envelope. I think cops asked JW for the whereabouts of both the manila envelope and the red envelope and that's all he could come up with. Lame.

JMO

I think this abc news report is wrong. I don't see anything in the SW affidavits that says that the red bag was placed in the red car.

Well, the SW for DDW's car specifically states "red bag with ransom money".

Well the search warrant says "red bag with ransom money" so I think it's fair to say it's the same bag. IMO, of course.

I wonder why the person who posted here said red bag with ransom money, clothing, blunt and sharp instruments, duct tape and the list went on. That's why I was blown away IF that's true. I have no info on anything other than what's been posted here because I am at work and unfortunately have to work for the most part haha

I wonder why the person who posted here said red bag with ransom money, clothing, blunt and sharp instruments, duct tape and the list went on. That's why I was blown away IF that's true. I have no info on anything other than what's been posted here because I am at work and unfortunately have to work for the most part haha

I think those commas are important context here.

I don't read that as all of those things were in the red bag. It was a red bag with ransom money. Clothes. etc.

I have no idea what this red bag looks like. But I don't see it as being something that could contain clothes, weapons, etc.

Of course, that is just my take on the wording.

From the numbers on the affidavits- I was able sleuth who the cell phone #s belong to-
There were 2 numbers- #1 was JW and second # ........ (I have the name but I'm not sure if I can post it). However, it may be the other possible suspect. I have never heard this name before BTW.

Interesting!! Can you post it and mods can delete if not acceptable? Or is that against the rules???

Has there been any insight into the discrepancy between JW's second story (in which he took the money out of the bag and put it into a manila envelope and then put that into the car) and this new version? Could one possibility be that when LE asked JW to produce the bag, he couldn't, so he once again changed the story to give a reason as to why he couldn't produce it? I was wondering why there was such a big deal about the red bag in those docs!

Warrant doesn't say he took money out of the bag to put into an envelope.

I think the way it is written is confusing because it was hastily written. It was just a list of what they were looking for separated by commas. "Red bag" is followed by other items all separated by commas.

JMO

Loosely connected to DC, I am familiar with the area and the school young PS attended and have great empathy for this family and their community.

Like others here I have been monitoring this and another local DC site reading opinions trying to learn information and form opinions of my own.

I think to have been a planned by a small group, it would have been better organized and one would expect an exit or getaway planned. The burning of the victim's car in a church parking lot in close proximity to where DWW was staying/living with family appears chaotic and impulsive. There were hours between the time the home and car are set ablaze and yet, the car ends up only blocks from where he is living-desperate.

I believe JW and other witnesses, AIW workers etc. are only related through their employment. The loss of this family is sad for them as well. The added air of suspicion under which they have fallen has been an added insult and will hopefully resolve once LE completes their investigation.

DWW is an emotionally unstable, possibly personality disordered man with a long history of angry, threatening and violent assaults usually exerted towards those with whom he has a relationship, his family, friends, girlfriends and possibly, coworkers.

The USA9 article (link provided) outlines a list of many of the charges against DWW over his years in the USA. It is interesting to note that most seem to occur after DWW has been out to a club or a restaurant so probably after consuming alcohol. This prompts me to wonder if even his discharge from the USMC boot camp reported to be on medical grounds wasn't related to Alcoholism or mental disorder.

Even the charges from his arrest outside the AIW were reduced to an open container of alcohol.
DWW seems to experience conflict very personally, he is unable to cope as if extremely threatened. It is also likely that it is alcohol that disinhibits him and he is unable to modulate his feelings of anger. Instead he threatens, becomes aggressive and acts out violently. It's as if he is of two personalities otherwise how does one account for his making romantic relationships or being hired anywhere?

On a local DC site, a poster presented information but was quickly dismissed as it was determined the poster was confused and erroneously posting information about the New York based, NORTH American Iron Works Company (emphasis using capitalization, mine) instead of the American Iron Works Company based in Maryland and relevant to this case.

I believe there may be a connection especially as it relates to DWW's motivation to once again confront AIW but this time not at the work site. Instead, angered, he assaults SS at home.

Please bear with me here.
We know DWW has connections to NYC and we are told his girlfriend lives in Brooklyn. It is also likely he has connection to the Guyanese community in NYC as well.

On Monday, May 18, 2015 the New York Daily News reported:
...Nearly three dozen construction workers — mostly Guyanese immigrants — got back pay Monday totaling close to $1 million after a city probe found they’d been ripped off by their employer.

The checks for the North American Iron Works employees — who worked on city schools and the Queens Museum from 2010 to 2012 — ranged from $382 to $73,801, according to city Controller Scott Stringer’s office....

Link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-workers-owes-872k-back-pay-article-1.2227392

The announcement/press conference occurred on Monday, May 18th. In the photograph in the Observer article, NYC Controller, Scott Stringer is at the podium and he is surrounded by North American Iron Works employees. It is probable the knowledge of funds being recouped for the workers was disseminated among the community in the weeks or week before the May 18th announcement. DWW may have even known some of those receiving compensation.

It is possible that DWW felt slighted, cheated, possibly jealous and became angry and volatile. With the timing of this payout, it is plausible DWW approach the SS family on May 13, 2015 to settle whatever he perceived was denied him or done to him. This wasn't a straight up, robbery, burglary related to greed. This crime was personal and unique to DWW. He was enraged, he escalated and exacted his violent revenge on this poor family.
DWW DNA, blood evidence and likely additional evidence will assure either life in prison or if possible through case circumstances/locales, the death penalty.
If the death penalty applies, it may still be life in prison because it's possible there are significant mitigating factors in his background and/or he is mentally ill.

Although DWW will never leave prison, it is still hard to accept this dangerous man was free in the community to commit this horrible crime at all.

Peace to those who loved the victims of this crime.

New York Observer article link:
http://observer.com/2015/05/stringe...y-contractor-for-underpaid-immigrant-workers/

Press Release:
https://comptroller.nyc.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/PR15-05-056.pdf

DWW Criminal (violent) History Link:
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/05/22/daron-wint-dc-quadruple-murder-suspect/27774899/

All of my post composed by me is IMOO

Why torture the 10 year-old?

Around 5:30 p.m., his wife called, telling him to come home to watch their 10-year-old son because she had plans.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...urder-on-may-14-in-northwest-d-c--114123.html

Around 5:30 p.m., his wife called, telling him to come home to watch their 10-year-old son because she had plans.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...dentify-suspect-in-wealthy-dc-mansion-murders

3:30 is the time NG said JW left the dojo, not SS. LE is also tracking JW's cell phone locations prior to Thursday.

54059-walking-the-walk-panoramic.jpg

JMO, BUT that looks just like a Timberland boot print. Remember at the time of DW's arrest, I noted that the bigger guy, in the dark hoodie, who was also under arrest was wearing what appeared to be Timberlands.

Yeah.. Timberland, thats what these gangsters wear!

From the numbers on the affidavits- I was able sleuth who the cell phone #s belong to-
There were 2 numbers- #1 was JW and second # ........ (I have the name but I'm not sure if I can post it). However, it may be the other possible suspect. I have never heard this name before BTW.
Interesting that the JW phone is assigned to his Broke Racer Club. I am not familiar with the other guy's name, DAJ aged 33, either.

I asked another reporter about the red bag with money into the manila envelope and the car and he verified.

I think those commas are important context here.
I don't read that as all of those things were in the red bag. It was a red bag with ransom money. Clothes. etc....
bbm sbm

Eats Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss
".... tackles the topic of commas and what can go wrong when they are misused. The title is derived from an old joke in which a panda misunderstands correct panda behavior after reading a poorly punctuated wildlife guide. Versions of two identically worded sentences are presented side by side, demonstrating the difference in meaning achieved when a comma is added or subtracted." http://www.amazon.com/Eats-Shoots-Leaves-Commas-Difference/dp/0399244913/ref=pd_sim_14_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=02QBEN43SP9KXE8G7T1E

corundogs - thanks for reminder re ^.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member