DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
R
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/3...tcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obinsite

snippets.
Gutierrez said she was helping Savvas Savopoulos' on May 13

Amy, called him at around 5:30 p.m.

Veralicia Figueroa, was working for the family that day and was scheduled to leave by 3 p.m.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/u...t-is-suspect-in-savopoulos-killings.html?_r=0

Philip Savopoulos was in fourth grade at St. Albans. Friends say he traveled around the country racing go-karts and was home from school, recovering from a concussion, the day before the murders occurred.

We know SS was at the martial arts studio and Philip was home with concussion, VF should have left at 3 but I am sure that was flexible, but has it been said what and where Amy was that day, (13th) until she called SS to come home at 5:30. Is it possible she was out and about and maybe stopped by the AIW office for what ever reason. jmo idk
Has it been confirmed PS was home? Because according to AS Facebook (I believe it was) he returned to school Tuesday.

I know you were being facetious, but I do not think it was about 'good judgement.' That is not what I was basing my comments on.

IF he was involved in this major crime, that particular moment in time would be very stressful for him. Would he be discovered? Would his boss figure it out? Had a neighbor called 911 already and DW was caught?

JW has no criminal history. If he was taking part in a home invasion he would be nervous, imo. He would not be goofing around, sending damning texts to his girlfriend. JMO :cow:

And why would he think the text was private? Surely, IF he was involved, he would know that it was ransom $ and the cops would be checking his cell.

I agree. I think he would have been somewhat of a bundle of nerves that day. Perhaps suspicious enough that the AIW employee would note it at the time and if not then in hindsight. moo

I'm very curious; those who don't see JW being guilty, do you believe there was another insider at all? Or DW (possibly more) pulled this off alone, just by casing the home?

I wonder how many of us newbies to Websleuths are Close parents. We likely might recognize each other IRL - like from pickup near the Prison Yard. I came here because I'm processing grief/shock by seeking answers, and doing so amongst IRL peers on the Close feels unseemly and gossipy. Sometimes I feel like if we can figure out the crime, maybe we can turn back time and prevent the crime from happening. Maybe this is the "bargaining" stage of grief. IDK. But working out details here helps me to carry on as "normal" IRL.

I am having a similar reaction with a different conclusion. I am uncomfortable with some of the insider gossip on this site. I wrote a post to that effect that was deleted, probably because it was directed at a specific poster. But I will say, in general, that the family has made it very clear that they want complete privacy. We should respect that and not post about the surviving family members.

R
Has it been confirmed PS was home? Because according to AS Facebook (I believe it was) he returned to school Tuesday.

He was home. OK after reading yepitsme's most recent post, I deleted more specifics. Yepitsme, you're right. Thank you.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that I see a plea deal coming, I don't see a trial in this case. jmo idk

I am having a similar reaction with a different conclusion. I am uncomfortable with some of the insider gossip on this site. I wrote a post to that effect that was deleted, probably because it was directed at a specific poster. But I will say, in general, that the family has made it very clear that they want complete privacy. We should respect that and not post about the surviving family members.
Are you referring to people who know the family talking about family members? Otherwise for the most part it's just people expressing sadness and condolences for the daughters, or so I thought?

I'm very curious; those who don't see JW being guilty, do you believe there was another insider at all? Or DW (possibly more) pulled this off alone, just by casing the home?
I am waiting on evidence to decide on JW.

IMO there was no particular need for insider info. The suspect planned to commit a crime to get money. He knew of SS from previous employment. He watched the comings and goings at the house a few days. He then takes the women and child hostage and forces SS to get him money. if DW had any help it will turn out to be one of his relatives or longtime friend IMO

As far as JW I think (at the moment) he is innocent. I think there was more then one call between he and SS and he was confused when answering ?'s by LE. If I have it right, He was contacted the 13th (nite) to pick up package at the office. He was given package and told to deliver it to the home on his way to chantilly office, correct? Before he arrived to deliver package he called 10 minutes before arriving. He missed a call in the afternoon of the 14th. I do think he was confused with what happened as to when and who he spoke to. I think he deleted his social media accounts because he knew the world was looking and not just his friends. jmo idk

I have it right, He was contacted the 13th (nite) to pick up package at the office.

We don't know what time on the 13th he was contacted. He went to the bank and picked up money. It's actually not clear if the one who gave him the money did it the wrong way as it is implied that he was to receive a package rather than cash based on the text, but apparently the person giving him the money gave him cash without it being in an envelope/box/etc.

He was given package and told to deliver it to the home on his way to chantilly office, correct?

He was given money and we don't know if he was told to go any place else afterward.

Before he arrived to deliver package he called 10 minutes before arriving.

That is what he says happened.

He missed a call in the afternoon of the 14th.

He received a call, but we don't know whether or not it was answered.

[h=1]DC Mansion Slaying: Forensic Analysis Being Done on Suspect’s Clothes[/h]The analysis on that evidence is still being completed, the source said. Investigators are working to see if there is a positive hit linking suspect Daron Wint’s shoes or clothing with the victims through blood, fiber or other trace evidence collected at the mansion crime scene.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/06/dc-mansion-slaying-forensic-analysis-being-done-on-suspects-clothes/

Thanks.

This article says that blood of one of the victims was found on the shoes Wint was wearing when apprehended.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video...n-murder-suspects-shoe/vi-BBkDgCJ?ocid=HPCDHP

We don't know what time on the 13th he was contacted. He went to the bank and picked up money. It's actually not clear if the one who gave him the money did it the wrong way as it is implied that he was to receive a package rather than cash based on the text, but apparently the person giving him the money gave him cash without it being in an envelope/box/etc.

He was given money and we don't know if he was told to go any place else afterward.

That is what he says happened.

He received a call, but we don't know whether or not it was answered.

bbm I have no idea what this is suppose to mean.

Nothing you said here disputes what I said. I think he is innocent. jmo idk

It's natural for the people here to have questions. That's what we do. That's why we are here. If you feel uncomfortable about people speculating and questioning different aspects of this crime, this may not be the place for you right now. I don't think I would be able to be here if I knew this family personally, it would bother me.

bbm I have no idea what this is suppose to mean.

It is implied in the charging doc that the text said to pick up a package ("This text was addressed to w-1 and the text directed IT to meet the other employee on Thursday morning in
Hyattsville to pick up the package"), but JW did not receive a package ("W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's
pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W- 1"). That's why I say the AIW employee may have done it wrong if indeed the text had said to pick up a package.

Nothing you said here disputes what I said. I think he is innocent. jmo idk

You made a number of speculations that may or may not be true and I was pointing them out since you asked for confirmation in your post.

Are you referring to people who know the family talking about family members? Otherwise for the most part it's just people expressing sadness and condolences for the daughters, or so I thought?

I'm sorry, let me be more specific. I've tried not to call out a specific poster but I am most uncomfortable about the posts about the lives of the daughters. Of course everyone is sad and horrified about this crime and there's nothing wrong at all with expressing that. But some of us know people closer to the family and therefore are privy to information that is not public. I'm referring to information about the family -- if someone has an actual tip about the crime, that is different. If you read the articles about the family you will see that no one who is very close to them has been quoted. This is because of the clear wishes of the family, and pretty remarkable in a case that has such a high profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz