DC - They did it for the show - Couple Crashes White House Dinner

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

they make me really sick...When asked any direct question they don't answer it.
MAT: Were you really invited?
Crashers: well we are working closely with blah..blah..blah..and we cant answer that...
MAT: You were left an explicit voice mail not to come...
Crashers: well we are working with blah...blah.. and blah. blah.

they either had an invite or not...SEEMS CLEAR TO ME... NOT.
this will be just another spinned con game....
To maybe let the security breech look better :waitasec:
So that we get off the secret service's butt. :furious:

We heard of no ramifications for this breech of security...Just blah...blah....blah.......
It does not take this long to get to the bottom line of Were you invited and if so
who invited you and where is the invite? If you have no invite, lets trace some calls and get done with it.
It is a cover up for the bad security - JMHO

but this story needs to go away...It is boring.

IMO, Desiree Rogers is enthralled with her position as social secretary and has forgotten one of the number one rules of events - you are an employee, someone to make sure things go flawlessly - you are NOT a guest and therefore you shouldn't behave like one. It blows my mind that she would think differently.
Desiree Rogers reminds me of Heidi Montag Pratt. Soon Desiree will be recording her own record album and designing her own line of clothes.

Who said?:

"I just take things as they come and try not to have too-high expectations. I'm having a lot of fun and that's all that matters!," she said. "It's nothing but parties, having fun and meeting amazing people."

Heidi? or Desiree?

That's awesome! I haven't watched SNL in a long time (can't stay up that late anymore!), but they really do some funny stuff!

I am so glad that you had mentioned them. I use to watch it when I was younger, but I don't get local channels now. I forgot that they posted them on their website. When Dan Akroyd, Gilda Radner, Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris, Bill Murray where on, it was the best.

I am happy to see someone posting the SNL skit... I was laughing so hard watching it, last night. (SNL is struggling this season,big time... this cold open was one of the best, though)

Jon and Kate plus 10

Attachments

• salahi2.jpg
    salahi2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 30
Oh boy! Anyone who is a true crime follower who knows who Sante Kimes is, will get a real kick out of this article. And, if you don't know who she is, this should pique your interest:

Carson City con artist, husband crashed D.C. parties 35 years ago

Reno Gazette Journal
December 6, 2009
Column by Guy Rocha

"Crashing diplomatic events in Washington, D.C. is nothing new.

Currently, Tareq and Michaele Salahi are at the center of media attention after crashing a White House state dinner for the Indian Prime Minister on Nov. 24.

However, 35 years earlier, con artists Sante and Kenneth Kimes Sr., strolled uninvited into a diplomatic reception at the Blair House, across the street from the White House, hosted by Vice President Gerald Ford and his wife, Betty. Sante, raised in Carson City, graduated from Carson High School in 1952 and is currently serving a life sentence for murder in New York. Her grifter husband died in Las Vegas in 1994.

Thirty-six-year-old Sante Walker already had a criminal record for petty crimes when she met Kenneth Kimes in 1970. She had recently divorced her second husband, high school sweetheart Ed Walker, when she first met Kimes after reading his profile in Palm Springs' Millionaire magazine. Sante claimed she married Kimes in Mexico in 1971. By 1972, Sante and Kenneth had linked up with the Washington, D.C.-based American Revolution Bicentennial Commission. Kenneth adopted the title "Honorary Bicentennial Ambassador" and spent some two years promoting himself and the 200th anniversary of the American Revolution."

Much more to this article, it is too good to pass up!!!

Secret Service counts 91 breaches
2003 report has been used as training tool

By Spencer S. Hsu
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, December 7, 2009

"Long before a pair of gate-crashers penetrated a White House state dinner, the Secret Service had detailed for its internal use a lengthy list of security breaches dating to the Carter administration -- including significant failures in the agency's protection of the president.

A summary of a secret 2003 report obtained by The Washington Post, along with descriptions of more recent incidents by federal homeland security officials, places Tareq and Michaele Salahi squarely in a rogues' gallery of autograph hounds, publicity seekers, unstable personalities and others identified by the Secret Service as defeating its checkpoints at least 91 times since 1980.

The document, the most complete accounting of recent Secret Service security breakdowns, includes officers mistakenly admitting to the White House grounds a family in a minivan, a man believed to be a delivery driver, and a woman previously known to agents after she had falsely claimed a "special relationship" with Bill Clinton."

much more...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/12/08/state.dinner.couple.fifth/index.html

The Virginia couple who slipped through White House security and shook hands with President Obama will invoke the Fifth Amendment, which protects against self-incrimination, if subpoenaed to testify to Congress, according to a letter from the couple's lawyer.

"The Salahis must contend not only with vilification by the press, but also with a treacherous legal environment that threatens criminal exposure," the letter from lawyer Stephen Best said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/12/08/state.dinner.couple.fifth/index.html

The Virginia couple who slipped through White House security and shook hands with President Obama will invoke the Fifth Amendment, which protects against self-incrimination, if subpoenaed to testify to Congress, according to a letter from the couple's lawyer.

"The Salahis must contend not only with vilification by the press, but also with a treacherous legal environment that threatens criminal exposure," the letter from lawyer Stephen Best said.

I thought they had proof they were invited. They said on the Today show that once we saw the evidence we (the public) would feel bad for the way we treated them.

I am so glad that you had mentioned them. I use to watch it when I was younger, but I don't get local channels now. I forgot that they posted them on their website. When Dan Akroyd, Gilda Radner, Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris, Bill Murray where on, it was the best.

That was funny!

We used to watch SNL every single week back when those you mentioned were on. We went to the dinner theater the other day to see Garrett Morris in a play. It was hysterical. He's still got it going on! :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34350958/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

Attention-seeking couple will be subpoenaed to testify but plan to invoke their 5th Amendment rights. Seems to me if they really had an invitation and everything was on the up-and-up as far as they knew, they wouldn't need to refuse to testify on the grounds that it might incriminate them. :waitasec:

One would think, huh? That would only be logical.

IMO, it's a shame that 2 out of 3 parties involved won't testify. Ms. Rogers won't, the couple who knows HOW they got in and what transpired, won't...only the Secret Service Director went to take the fall.

I wish this attention-seeking couple wouldn't get any attention, as that is what they were wanting.

Even the WATCH was fake!

Jeweller says the watch the Salahis gave to the Court to pay off a lawncare bill was FAKE!

A couple that crashed a White House party turned over a watch to pay a landscaping debt, but a jeweler is saying it's a fake luxury timepiece.

Tareq Salahi last week gave up his Patek Phillipe watch and his lawyer said it would be worth more than enough to pay a $2,000 debt to a landscaper.

But a Pennsylvania watch expert says it's an imitation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/10/salahi-watch-fake-patek-p_n_388080.html

I saw another report about this that said the watch is a fake BUT the landscaper has received a $2000 check to cover what was owed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtmarvin
Back