DCF Shelter and Custody Hearings #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! WTH just happened? He is not going to change his controlling ways, he'll just be more sneaky about it, imo

Well, I just had a thought. Maybe the judge KNOWS MS can't control himself, and he's giving him the rope to hang himself for DCF to file for termination of parental rights. One can always dream...

Perhaps I'm the only one who thinks this is a way to "wean" them away from the previous comments Mark has made.

Mark is knowing that all of their calls are recorded and he must be "nice nice" now. If they stripped his privileges away from the girls they would be traumatic and very defensive perhaps. ... Perhaps Analogous to a parent telling a child I don't like your boyfriend ...it makes them want them stronger to rebel and side with the other. :moo: the girls are just too young to understand it all and they want to have their "daddy" as they see their daddy right now.

I guess I may be alone in this thought... But as I said earlier up thread or many threads before.. been through something like this ..not murder..but...well..moving on with that comment

Well, I just had a thought. Maybe the judge KNOWS MS can't control himself, and he's giving him the rope to hang himself for DCF to file for termination of parental rights. One can always dream...
I like the way you think! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and dream that same dream.

Sievers daughters will remain with maternal grandmother

The daughters of murder defendant Mark Sievers will remain in the temporary custody of their maternal grandmother, a Lee County judge ruled Monday.

Circuit Judge Robert Branning denied the request of Mark Sievers’ mother, Bonnie, to have temporary custody of the two daughters transferred to her, determining it’s in the girls’ best interest to remain with their maternal grandmother, Mary Ann Groves. It’s now likely that the girls, ages 9 and 12, will remain with Groves at least until the completion of Mark Sievers’ first-degree murder trial.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...Teresa-Sievers-girls-continues-379555681.html

Perhaps I'm the only one who thinks this is a way to "wean" them away from the previous comments Mark has made.

Mark is knowing that all of their calls are recorded and he must be "nice nice" now. If they stripped his privileges away from the girls they would be traumatic and very defensive perhaps. ... Perhaps Analogous to a parent telling a child I don't like your boyfriend ...it makes them want them stronger to rebel and side with the other.

I guess I may be alone in this thought... But as I said earlier up thread or many threads before.. been through something like this ..not murder..but...well..moving on with that comment
But, MS could continue conversations, but with supervision.

Mark is knowing that all of their calls are recorded and he must be "nice nice" now. If they stripped his privileges away from the girls they would be traumatic and very defensive perhaps. ... Perhaps Analogous to a parent telling a child I don't like your boyfriend ...it makes them want them stronger to rebel and side with the other.

I don't think it would be in the girls best interest to completely strip them of ALL contact either....right now.

The problem I have is there is NO UNBIASED PARTY who is going to be monitoring these calls and that the calls need to be limited. Now Mark is going to harass Mary Ann even more times every day. And WTH trusts Bonnie after the content of those calls PROVE she lied on the stand??

Maternal grandmother to maintain custody of Sievers children

FORT MYERS, Fla. – Even when sharing intimate moments with his two daughters, Mark Sievers displayed an acute awareness of his surroundings, even at times being short with his mother to prevent her from sharing too much information during recorded phone conversations from the Lee County jail.

“I am tired of this discussion,” he said to his mother, Bonnie, during an April 3 conversation. “There are so many things you want to talk about on this phone that you can not do. Please be respecful.”

“It could be years, Mark,” she replied.

"No, I’m getting out of here as soon as I can,” he said.

http://www.winknews.com/2016/05/16/phone-conversations-at-the-center-of-sievers-custody-hearing/

But, MS could continue conversations, but with supervision.

The judge has just given him a rope to hang himself. perhaps the judge is hoping he does because everything he says is recorded and will be played in court later.

The next month or so.. in the big picture of things.. will not matter much more in the long term:moo:

Mark is knowing that all of their calls are recorded and he must be "nice nice" now. If they stripped his privileges away from the girls they would be traumatic and very defensive perhaps. ... Perhaps Analogous to a parent telling a child I don't like your boyfriend ...it makes them want them stronger to rebel and side with the other. :moo: the girls are just too young to understand it all and they want to have their "daddy" as they see their daddy right now.

You're not alone. I don't like it, but I get it and I know it is the correct ruling.

I don't think it would be in the girls best interest to completely strip them of ALL contact either....right now.

The problem I have is there is NO UNBIASED PARTY who is going to be monitoring these calls and that the calls need to be limited. Now Mark is going to harass Mary Ann even more times every day. And WTH trusts Bonnie after the content of those calls PROVE she lied on the stand??

I get it, I get it what you are saying I really do. What the judge has given him a rope to hang himself and if he doesn't comply!

But as an adult I look back on something that happened when I was a child and some of the adults protected me and let me learn of the truth in my own time as I grew up I cannot thank those adults more for Sheltering me at that time from the truth.

I wasn't ready for the truth..I could not comprehend it.. I only knew I wanted my daddy and I loved him more than anything. it took a long time for the truth to come out and I'm glad it took time.. much time.

I actually believe this is probably true. Constitutionally, give him enough rope to hang himself certainly gives the judge a LOT more leverage.

I'm just having a helluva time accepting that those girls will be subjected to more of his brainwashing and manipulation. Honestly, at their ages and considering what all they have already endured, I hope they will be able to overcome this. I LOATHE child abuse and this is abuse. This isn't love or caring, it is abuse. And I have a real problem accepting it for another minute.

My opinion won't be popular..... I think the judge did this right for two reasons.

1. MS and legal team are saying that he is the custodial parent and has the right to make decisions. If the judge cut off all contact or limited contact so much that it was too hard for him to have contact then I think MS's lawyers would try and get that overturned with a different judge--- one who has not seen MS and his shenanigans and will only read the transcripts. Giving him a chance to screw up again ( and we know he can't help himself) makes it so that MS is accountable to this judge

2. The judges role is to seek what is in the best interest of the children. Supervised phone calls and supervised visits might make many happy. But, the girls will be driven further into MS's camp because they already feel like he is being mistreated. All that supervision would make it so that the girls get angrier at MAG. We have to remember the judge has a duty to remember that MS is innocent until proven guilty and if he is not appropriate in calls then he should have the right to fix his behavior. When he is convicted of murdering their mother, the girls need a strong support system that can pick up the pieces. The girls thinking the judge and MAG are not trustworthy and against them having a relationship with their father will not serve to build a support network that will be able to do the job.

What kind of conversations does MS have with the girls when they're at BS' home? He can say whatever he wants? I'm emotionally exhausted, and it's only Monday. The Warriors better win tonight.

I can't believe that no restrictions besides "don't let me catch you doing that again" was put on MS's contact with the girls. And if he were to start acting up again who would know??? The only reason it was brought to anyone's attention was due to BS challenging the custody arrangements. I don't think she'll try that a second time, so how will anyone know??? Will they be monitoring the jail calls closer? What about the letters? I'm honestly shocked at this part of the outcome.

Unless the paternal side of the family gets therapy, they will screw up again...i know a lot of ppl are angry re the phone call ruling but Mary won big.....i wouldn't be surprised if they headed to court again and re talk the phone issue....mark lost, the girls are safe with Mary, im happy with the ruling

I actually believe this is probably true. Constitutionally, give him enough rope to hang himself certainly gives the judge a LOT more leverage.

I'm just having a helluva time accepting that those girls will be subjected to more of his brainwashing and manipulation. Honestly, at their ages and considering what all they have already endured, I hope they will be able to overcome this. I LOATHE child abuse and this is abuse. This isn't love or caring, it is abuse. And I have a real problem accepting it for another minute.

I totally agree with you about abuse.

the judge did give more guidelines, they info was not tweeted......

http://www.winknews.com/2016/05/16/phone-conversations-at-the-center-of-sievers-custody-hearing/

I was thinking the same thing. There might be some legal technicalities that make the judge feel the decision to sever contact is not justified just yet. If the judge gives MS a chance to straighten up, then the decision will be much clearer and solid to all involved down the road when he proves himself incapable of doing so. I also think others are right that severing all contact right now might not be in the girls best interest. They need more time with a therapist to come to their own conclusions about what their father has been doing to manipulate them. If all contact is severed now, it might just cement their belief that it's them and daddy against the world. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96