DCF Shelter Hearings

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big shout-out to you, AL and DB!! Wishing you all the luck in the world to get custody of the girls! To me the maternal side should be always considered first. And with TS' brother and her best friend DB being TS' wish (will) to be the legal guardians in case both TS and MS are not available, how can that not be considered in the eyes of the judge?

-Nin :seeya:

attachment.php

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/31340096/judge-to-decide-fate-of-sievers-girls#.VtR8tpUVE6Z

Attachments

• AL hearing 2 29 16.jpg
    AL hearing 2 29 16.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 326
This is going to be one of those kinds of cases where no one involved either directly, indirectly, on the sidelines, or in the stands walks away happy.

I can't remember if MS has a sister. For some reason, I thought that he did and she was the one that introduced TS to MS. If not, who was the person that did? It was mentioned in a MSM link eons ago it seems.

I would hope that whomever gets temporary physical custody of the children is someone that they know and feel comfortable with. With the temporary custodial arrangement and the friends working full time, I hope someone is with these girls during the day.

Oh this is so heartbreaking on so many levels...

His sister died.
I can't remember if MS has a sister. For some reason, I thought that he did and she was the one that introduced TS to MS. If not, who was the person that did? It was mentioned in a MSM link eons ago it seems.

I would hope that whomever gets temporary physical custody of the children is someone that they know and feel comfortable with. With the temporary custodial arrangement and the friends working full time, I hope someone is with these girls during the day.

Oh this is so heartbreaking on so many levels...

If you missed the NBC2 news, one can always go the live stream on the home page and rewind to the different news, that have been broadcasted before.

http://www.nbc-2.com/

-Nin

I would really like to understand this "religious" exception to being vaccinated. I hope it was explained. I understand exactly what it means I don't understand how it applies to this family. Am I missing something about their religious views?

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...-custody-for-Sievers-daughters-370482931.html

DCF officials said the girls will be enrolled in counseling and will pikely be enrolled in public school.

Their typo . Not mine.

Strange, WINK reported there is a possible issue with the girls attending public school

The children’s schooling was also discussed during the hearing. They were being homeschooled by a tutor before Sievers’ arrest, but their current caregiver wants to enroll them in a public school, DCF officials said.

The children may have a religious exception to being placed in public school, said DCF officials, ...

https://www.winknews.com/2016/02/29...ith-his-children-long-term-custody-undecided/

I think AW was the person who said that SS called them.
Thats right. I wonder if that's what CWW told her. Not that it matters. Just would hate to see SS linked to CWW if it wasn't true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The American Academy of Pediatrics and the CDC have protocols/schedules for "Catch up Vaccinations". Every year they come out with a new schedule and physicians get a copy to follow.

Children that have not been vaccinated are at risk for meningitis, pneumococcal pneumonia, polio, pertussis, tetanus, mumps, measles, German Measles, chicken pox, many of which can be lethal.

I would really like to understand this "religious" exception to being vaccinated. I hope it was explained. I understand exactly what it means I don't understand how it applies to this family. Am I missing something about their religious views?

This is confusing to a lot of ppl. If a parent does not choose to vaccinate they just check off a little box on the vaccination form that becomes part of a child's school record. Some religions forbid Drs and the care they provide which would include the well child checkup immunizations. Some ppl just don't like vaccines and opt out for that. School officials do not question parents if they check the little box stating you exempt your kids from the vaccines. Huge debate among school and parents with this. I'm in my 40s so I was not vaccinated from chicken pox, measles etc etc. kids just got the spots then returned to school a few days later. Our state is changing the law to make parents vaccinate. Most states set a deadline in Feb for kids to be up to date on their immunizations so they can attend school. If not, they get excluded. With TS being a holistic dr, it makes sense with the no vaccines

I am not familiar with a religious exception that would prevent the girls from attending public school. Would someone be kind enough to educate me?

Also, if vaccinations are required for public school, could they get them now? Or is that under the religious exception? TIA

The only thing that comes to my mind is MS was Jewish (BUT did not practice it ) and TS was catholic. big woop...they WERE NOT being raised Jewish.
The vaccination part might be because TS, being more holistic and a Doctor chose not to vaccinate/ since all those cons have come out about them. :dunno:

Maybe ALL kids HAVE to be vaccinated to attend school?

ETA ~ Looks like you all have already discussed ... I'm a slow typer lol

"Judge asks DCF to further look into available options of custody and their long term intentions"
[video=twitter;704336322698334209]https://twitter.com/TonySadiku/status/704336322698334209[/video]

BBM. Thinking of the long term arrangement, I'm just going to throw it out here, IMO it is in the best interests of the children to relocate (permanently or temporarily) to CT, especially if they're to be enrolled in public school. I haven't heard great things about the public school system in Florida in general, but more importantly the girls won't be exposed to the media attention to this case while they're in CT. Much more likely kids have heard about this case on the news in Naples v. CT.

"The parent or other person wishing to relocate has the burden of proving by a preponderance of the evidence that relocation is in the best interest of the child. If that burden of proof is met, the burden shifts to the nonrelocating parent or other person to show by a preponderance of the evidence that the proposed relocation is not in the best interest of the child"

The girls' cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmother are in CT. MS can speak with them on the phone wherever they're located, so I can't imagine his argument for staying in FL will be strong. In fact, I think that because the girls were homeschooled, perhaps it is less likely the court will view the relocation as 'uprooting', but all IMO.

The only thing that comes to my mind is MS was Jewish (BUT did not practice it ) and TS was catholic. big woop...they WERE NOT being raised Jewish.
The vaccination part might be because TS, being more holistic and a Doctor chose not to vaccinate/ since all those cons have come out about them. :dunno:

Maybe ALL kids HAVE to be vaccinated to attend school?

ETA ~ Looks like you all have already discussed ... I'm a slow typer lol

In Oregon, parents can just check a box to exempt them from vaccines on the school form then they can attend school. It's safer to vaccinate and my state us trying to get rid of the little box to exempt

In Florida, the only qualifying exemption to have your kids not be vaccinated and still attend a public school is a religous exemption. Other states have other qualifying exemptions like a philosophical one, etc.

So people in Florida who are against vaccinations will often just claim a religious exemption so their student can attend public school. You don't have to prove anything or state your religion, you just fill out a form and sign that you understand the risks.

"Judge asks DCF to further look into available options of custody and their long term intentions"
[video=twitter;704336322698334209]https://twitter.com/TonySadiku/status/704336322698334209[/video]

BBM. Thinking of the long term arrangement, I'm just going to throw it out here, IMO it is in the best interests of the children to relocate (permanently or temporarily) to CT, especially if they're to be enrolled in public school. I haven't heard great things about the public school system in Florida in general, but more importantly the girls won't be exposed to the media attention to this case while they're in CT. Much more likely kids have heard about this case on the news in Naples v. CT.

"The parent or other person wishing to relocate has the burden of proving by a preponderance of the evidence that relocation is in the best interest of the child. If that burden of proof is met, the burden shifts to the nonrelocating parent or other person to show by a preponderance of the evidence that the proposed relocation is not in the best interest of the child"

The girls' cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmother are in CT. MS can speak with them on the phone wherever they're located, so I can't imagine his argument for staying in FL will be strong. In fact, I think that because the girls were homeschooled, perhaps it is less likely the court will view the relocation as 'uprooting', but all IMO.

Not sure, if they can relocate the children into out of State, due to their father not been convicted - yet. Since he cannot travel, if he was to bail out, he would have no way to visit the kids. Just saying. Not that I care..

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member