DCF Worker States: Casey referred to Caylee as "that child"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
...i really think it's a natural thing for cindy to believe things that sound good and that's where kc learned it...i don't necessarily think she's consciously covering up....it's just like....oh,the smell is bad,must be the pizza...better wash those pants....oh casey lied about going to work,she must just wanted to spend more time with caylee,oh how nice,eric set up a trust fund somewhere in italy....so kc grew up knowing if it sounds good to cindy it 's real...therefore her 7 months pregnant belly became a tumor,of course she's a virgin and she took it to the extreme with the nanny took caylee but we should forgive her ,she's taking her to amusement parks,you know that kind of thing...

Yes.... like KC really really really wanted to spend more

T I M E with CAYLEE>...... so that CAYLEE could

W A T C H ~ KC ~ Text messaging on her CELL ! ! !:doh:
:pcguru:
:nuts::nuts::nuts:
:read: :read: :read:
:dj: :clock: :deal:
:Banane12::Banane12::Banane12:
:behindbar:
twocents:
Every little TODDLER really and truly needs this kind of
TRAINING>>>>
ok today children.... class 1 0 1..... How to TEXT message 24/7!!!

a test will follow ! ! !

Dang "A" family.... are the :crazy::crazy::crazy: ? ? ?
JMO

God Bless !
jjgram

HI! Ok--I think I understand what you are saying. Is there a name for this? I don't think it could be called denial. Isn't that going beyond denial? I can see how KC developed the way she is by what you are sayin. I think.

i don't know if there's a name for it....but in little ways my mom would do it...like i remember seeing a truck full of pigs that was now i'm pretty sure heading towards a slaughterhouse that was near by and my mom told me they're going to a pretty farm...i don't know i guess it's something like wearing rose colored glasses...i think that's why to some tiny extend i can relate to kc,it's hard to become mature if you are always living in a kind of fantasy world where everything is supposed to be fine when really it's not.

I don't understand the outrage over that term, I've used it myself so I'm not really sure what to make of that.

I think the conversations and what KC told DFC is more telling somehow and her calm demeanor.

I do think calling Caylee "that child" is odd. I've thought about it and I can't think of how you would say that and it have it sound natural when you are talking about your own child. I've said "the kids" but "that child" does sound detached, like Caylee wasn't hers. To me "that child" implies unfamiliarity.

The term I never thought was a big deal was when she called Caylee
"snothead" in a text. Some people were appalled by that, but I call my nephew booger nose sometimes, it isn't mean or vindictive, he used to pick his nose alot!

i don't know if there's a name for it....but in little ways my mom would do it...like i remember seeing a truck full of pigs that was now i'm pretty sure heading towards a slaughterhouse that was near by and my mom told me they're going to a pretty farm...i don't know i guess it's something like wearing rose colored glasses...i think that's why to some tiny extend i can relate to kc,it's hard to become mature if you are always living in a kind of fantasy world where everything is supposed to be fine when really it's not.

So---at what age did your Mother stop doin rose colored glasses thang? Also keep in mind that you probably do have the emotions that is lacking in the A family. We have to have some kind of balance in our mental part of our beings. Not a head DR. here----is just common sense. Just like our bodies have to have a balanced diet. Abuse of the body causes it to brake down---smoking(lungs)--drinking(liver)--drugs(brain). Maybe what our teaching is about our Spirituals rather than mentals.

yes.... Like kc really really really wanted to spend more

t i m e with caylee>...... So that caylee could

w a t c h ~ kc ~ text messaging on her cell ! ! !:doh:
:pcguru:
:nuts::nuts::nuts:
:read: :read: :read:
:dj: :clock: :deal:
:banane12::banane12::banane12:
:behindbar:
Twocents:
Every little toddler really and truly needs this kind of
training>>>>
ok today children.... Class 1 0 1..... How to text message 24/7!!!

A test will follow ! ! !

Dang "a" family.... Are the :crazy::crazy::crazy: ? ? ?
Jmo

god bless !
Jjgram

lolololol!!!

I think the Anthony family is one deoderant shy of a twin-pack collectively, but I can't get too outraged over the "that child" thing. It's all in the context. I could see someone using it for emphasis. "I LOVED that child!" To a drama queen like KC, it probably sounded like a Lifetime Movie quote in her head.

"I want MY son back" kind of infection, you know? Maybe she's channeling her inner Jolie.

CA was taking all that down so they could get the Script "just right". I bet she has all these "mis-truths" in catagories and builds the Script from them. I would like to see all the lies she has organized. Cover up!

LMAO--but like you said--->"Nevermind, I know, protect KC no matter what she says, no matter what". Sad but true.[/QUOTE CA would have to have documented all KC's lies to keep them straight for use to bostruct and devert attention away from her daughter. We thought CA's notebook was large during her LE interviews, I bet her book summerizing KC's lies over the past 2 yrs. combined with her current lies? It must be thick as a brick!

I think this thread shows how subjective parenting is. What is ok with one person, is down right child abuse to another. LOL! OH my gosh! Call the cops.

Seriously, we need to realize that. And realize that we all have quirks that others will not aprove of. So if we are pointing fingers, most likely others are pointing them right back. So no need to get on a high horse, no one belongs.

That said, Case workers are just like the rest of us. And no matter what is said, the case worker uses his/her own subjective when investigating. This report about what she called Caylee is an example.

There is no telling what will come out of my mouth. I'm known for my sarcasim. Naturally, my kids is developing it as well. I feel asleep the other day on teh couch. When I woke up, my middle son was watching tv. I asked him where he came from. He answered "You forget to use condoms." This from a child who knows he was much wanted and much loved. I guess you can never tell what will come out of my kids mouths either. Tee hee..

To me, "that child" doesn't sound horrible. How many times do you hear something like, "Tsk (huge sigh), that child again!" But "snot head?" If someone's bad enough off to be called snot head, she should be under a doctor's care.

It appears to me that although the term "That kid" can be looked at as a simple non threatning term, we must look at the reasons for the interview. A child was missing, the mother was not being forthright and it was DCF's job to evaluate KC, study her reactions to pertinent questions in order to see just how she may have used the term to distance herself. For the circumstances KC put herself in to bring LE and DCF to her home makes her comment not appropriate at that moment in time. This interview was done so early in the case that I feel DCF was interviewing the same KC we have seen in jailhouse tapes, press conference, and court hearings. Her wanting to work with agencies for missing children was a manipulation to appear concerned, inteeligent, and positive for her future. I'm sure DCF workers found her grandios and her affect didn't match up to the circumstances she was being charged with and I'm sure DCF made her very aware of why they were there. This is what makes her statement of, "That Girl" disturbing and worth noteing in their chart notes after interview. I can help but imagine those workers walked out of the A's house cratching their heads, halfway smiling because they new they had their work cut out for them and probably had never interviewed a sociopath of KC's Callaber. All of you for the most part have stated you use the term in an endearing way. Would any of you use the term "That girl" if you were being interviewd for possible child abuse? These interviews are taken seriously and this one packed a punch!

Yep, I call my nieces and nephew all kinds of funny pet names. Little snot, the kid, etc. It's just our sense of humor. We always joke around with them, or others. I don't find it odd in the least, and think WAY too big a deal is being made of it. I also call her babydeer, my bestie, princess pie, punks, and kittenface. We are cut from the same cloth:) We live a few hours apart, but I talk to her on webcam as often as I can, I talk to her on the phone almost every day, and I drive up to see her sometimes twice a month. I literally consider her my best friend. That kid holds a special place in my heart.

Oops, just called her "that kid" again. See?

We are a normal, loving family, and I have a very close relationship with my nieces and nephews. I would do anything for them; I love them as if they were my own.

Now what I DO find odd, is Casey calling Caylee "that kid" etc to either law enforcement, or DCF, etc. Because that is obviously NO time to be joking, or funny. I wouldn't even be able to muster up "little snot" in that time of crisis. Wouldn't cross my mind.

My opinion.

To me, "that child" doesn't sound horrible. How many times do you hear something like, "Tsk (huge sigh), that child again!" But "snot head?" If someone's bad enough off to be called snot head, she should be under a doctor's care.

I disagree completely. I use that term a lot. I know people that jokingly refer to their kids as "holy terror" even, and these are loving parents. A joke is a joke. Sarcasm is sarcasm. I hold my niece down and tickle her and call her that jokingly all the time. Would I EVER call her that if I were mad at her? No way! But in a joking manner while we were playing around? Sure.

It's innocuous. Not everyone has the same sense of humor.

She called Caylee a snothead in a text, right? Not to DCF?

I think there is beyond enough to convict KC in terms of tangible evidence alone. This "that child" thing--it's the media spreading this stuff widely that makes me worry about a conviction, actually, because by focusing on it there will be that'll be all "Oh, guess that makes me a child killer, then." We don't want people going in a jury pool with that mindset, because those who don't follow the case as closely as we do might thing that's indicative of what they have on KC.

Not true, of course, and maybe I'm just paranoid when it comes to this case. I'm just not sure stories like this benefit the prosecution. Probably doesn't help the defense, either, but IMO it's the type of non-story story with which this case sometimes gets bogged down.

I do think calling Caylee "that child" is odd. I've thought about it and I can't think of how you would say that and it have it sound natural when you are talking about your own child. I've said "the kids" but "that child" does sound detached, like Caylee wasn't hers. To me "that child" implies unfamiliarity.

The term I never thought was a big deal was when she called Caylee
"snothead" in a text. Some people were appalled by that,
but I call my nephew booger nose sometimes, it isn't mean or vindictive, he used to pick his nose alot!

BBM
Hi
I agree using the term "That Child" to refer to ones own child shows detachment to me

IMO Calling someone a snothead is not usually used as a term of endearment. But to each their own..there are more loving words we can use, I'm just sayin'

The texts between the 2 were about hooking up in a "very personal way" and there were people hindering that from happening, the 2 were, Ahem, frustrated ...IMO she was not referring to Caylee in an endearing way

What I find offense is this: the A's and KC lack to personalize Caylee by using pronouns.

For all the claims the A's put out to the media for months to help find Caylee, very, very rarely did any of them address Caylee by her proper given name. They wanted us, the population to look for her. Her, our granddaughter, KC's child, that child. Rarely did or do they say Caylee. The A's do however refer to Caylee by her given name when asking for donations though.

It was and is a method of disconnection. So they want to disconnect her from the family but not the bucks racked in.

I don't understand the outrage over that term, I've used it myself so I'm not really sure what to make of that.

I think the conversations and what KC told DFC is more telling somehow and her calm demeanor.

I agree. Her lack of emotion concerning "that child" is more telling than any words she could ever speak.

You are correct!!! See page 7 - "She stated she has enjoyed working with all the agencies and volunteers looking for her child and that is going to be her new vocation in life."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2008-11/43228283.PDF

(link courtesy of Searchfortruth - Thanks!!)

Yeah, and when she was blasted drunk with Tony on the 20th was it? I think so...she told him she wanted to be a singer and drunkenly told him how he did not know how good she could sing. Casey's "life vocation" seems to be whatever will fit the moment that she happens to be in. Perhaps NOW she should think about changing her life vocation to prison chaplain or something...lol:crazy:

I have always called my kids (what we used to call--->) "pet names". I guess since it is so popular(? told ya I wasn't good with words.) now-a-days with CPS (somewhat paranoid), the "pet names" I called my babies would shock some of ya'll. Will go heady and write some of them right now.
LIL KID
LIL TURD
LIL BUTT
LIL DOO-DOO
When we moved to Pa. was visitin son and family (wasn't around these 2 grandkids until then) anyway, I said to someone, "Well, you lil doo-doo". My 10yo G/D's eyes got hugh. My first thought was that she was shocked that I said that to a kid. Looked at son---he was shaking his head (no) and grinning. At that point I still thought I had shocked her. I was givin him questioning looks and he said, "Mom, (G/D looked like she was fixin to explode) it's ok baby gurl---let me tell Granmama---Mom, that is my pet name for her, only." I bout fell in the floor LOL. To calm her down I had to tell her that I didn't have to call anybody else that---it could still be her name. Mind you---nobody can call her that but her Daddy. Some Daddy's call their daughter "Princess" and now you know that my son calls his "Princess" doo-doo. I wish he would change it to "Princess Doo-Doo", tho. LMAO

Seems like I have posted something like this somewhere at W/S. But, if any of you want look down on me and mine for this---thats ok. We are a happy bunch and we have a ball in life. These have been taught all about "morals" and I have seen that my G/K have also. If I see one of the G/Ks doing something I think really needs brought to the attention to my Child about G/K then I say it in front of the kid and G/K. Like---"Bear, I don't like the way this boy has been speaking to his Mother and I have seen him hit her." He said, "What do you want me to about this Mother?" The boy was standing up against his Daddy's legs, poor lil guy, he looked like the "she-Devil" just opened her mouth and was about to eat him up. Sure was hard for me not to LOL--but he did look pitiful. I said, "You need to turn his lil butt around and tell him that you don't want him to talk to his Mother like that and if you hear of it again then you will bust his butt." Was so sweet--he gently turned the boy around and bent down on his knees and said, "Now Bubba, I have to tell you that your Mother is my WIFE and I love her very much---knew her way before I knew you, and I don't ever wanna see or hear of you doing this again. Now, if that old woman over there sees or hears you bein that way to your Mother---I DON'T WANT HER to tell me---I want her to pick you up and bust your butt herself. We good?" That was one of the sweetest happenings I have ever seen.

I know this is a long post and probably just the ramblings of an old woman. Yes, I have said, that kid--that lil boy--that lil girl but it was always in Love. However, I can guarantee you that if we had a "missin child" and were talkin to say, a CPS peep--I would not--nor would anybody in my family would call then "that little girl". There is a difference---I can see it. Well, my son might say he wanted them to find his lil doo-doo, tho. I can see that.

Me and mine are not prefect and are even on the dysfunctional side of the coin, but we have feelings---love---and way bunches of emotions---cry--laugh--etc. This is something that is not seen in this bunch of peeps down there in Fla. Sorry, but I can't find any and I think that is why I have been pulled into this case.

Mama, have I told you lately that I absolutely adore you and I think you are SUPER~?:blowkiss:

...oh,mamabear i love that post....and i agree,sometimes pet names sound deragotory to some but are not so at all.....i was always my mom's lil devil...

Just as one man's trash is another man's treasure, so too, one man's names for their children cannot necessarily be judged in light of the words alone. Lord-I have six children and one grandchild, and I have called them all sorts of cutesy names and some that would likely be offensive to "outsiders" but if you are IN the family then you understand. For instance, my 6 year old and my 4 year old are HE__ on wheels if you get my meaning, and I have been known to refer to them to one of their siblings or their father as "thing one and thing two" purely due to the Dr. Seuss story where thing one and thing two are WRECKING everything. I call my 6 year old "Poot-tail" and have since he was very small. It is a term of endearment between US but to someone else it might sound horrible.

So Mama-I completely understand and agree with you. NOT That having another disfunctional agree with you will make you feel much better, lol, but for what it's worth-I'm there.

I usually call my children by name or refer to them as my kids. Never called them "my kid" or that child or snot head. I call my son Buddy.
Think about it, did you ever say? "That kid just does not listen" OR "That kid is going places".
I know I have said it...

YES most of the time, you would use their name or say My son/daughter.

IMO - and I am not referring to you at all.
Picking on Casey has become a National hobby. MOO
I cant say though, that she did not ask for it; 31 days?????

I also use my "terms of endearment" for my children, sometimes cute names, sometimes not so cute names and most of time names that we only understand, silly names. I also know that when I am speaking to someone about one of my children and I'm not very happy with them or annoyed at them, I will refer to them as "that child" or "that kid". For example, I had something planned and I get the call that they have detention at school and I will have to go pick them up and now my plans are ruined. When I tell someone the story, I will say, "that kid ...!" As if at that very moment, they are not mine and I am speaking about some other persons child that has upset/annoyed me so much. :hopping_mad: But of course they are still mine and I still love them :blowkiss: but that's me and not KC JMO

Ya'll are cracking me up so I just had to chime in. When my son was little I would call him 'rotten' (as in spoiled rotten). He is 23 now and just shared with me awhile back that it would scare him when I called him that because he thought I meant it literally and he was afraid his limbs would rot off! OMG! We had such a laugh over that one. I never knew that he took it that way! You just never know with little ones, do ya?

Thanks for the laughs everybody!

I usually call my children by name or refer to them as my kids. Never called them "my kid" or that child or snot head. I call my son Buddy.

I call my eldest son by his first name, and sometimes nutcase. I call my 17 month old by his first name, or "stinkpot". But I love my kids and I would never throw any of them in the trunk of the car or in the woods!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back