DE DE - Tina Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How much effort did LE put into looking for Tina?.....or was she considered, just another runaway ..so frustrating.

How much effort did LE put into looking for Tina?.....or was she considered, just another runaway ..so frustrating.

I agree it is totally frustrating. I have recently contacted (October 2020) the Delaware State Police and sent them irrefutable proof that the information provided to the public about Tina going missing on February 3, 1979 is WRONG. All public info provided says Tina went missing on Saturday February 3, 1979 the day before a huge snowstorm hit the area. Well I sent them documented proof backed up by several different sources that there was NO snow fall recorded in the entire state of Delaware on February 4, 1979. In my opinion she went missing on Saturday February 17, 1979 or the info about the snowstorm is wrong. After sending that info, I followed up with a few small questions like when was Tina actually reported missing, was a local search effort ever done and I have not gotten any reply and I have tried several times to contact them directly. I am gonna try going there in person and also calling in a favor to see if I can get a face to face or just a few answers to my simple questions. I am not trying to play detective or anything like that, I just want the little bit of public info about Tina that's out their to be as accurate as possible.

This case bears very strong resemblence to several other disappearances of young girls in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey that same year.

Most vistims were about her same size and general description.

Sheila (13) and Katherine (11) LYON disappeared on 25 March 1975 from Wheaton Plaza shopping center in Maryland.

See the featured case of the Missing LYON Sisters and the threads on possible connections for a list of the missing...
Hayden clark was once suspected in these crimes correct?

Cant help but to wonder if we are missing something here....timeline/dates off?
What about her runaway history..are we talking a day or weeks? And alone or with who?
How far and on foot or hitchiking?

I went back to the beginning of this thread. Seems like there has always been a discrepancy with the date she went missing...
Are police reports available to the public? I would love to see the actual report taken.
And what kind of search was done...boyfriend or classmates interviewed? Was she labeled as the runaway who would return home so a (real) search wasn't done?
Do we know about her prior leavings like where she ran off to and who with? Police report would be vital.

I think its important to know about her prior runaways.
How long would she be gone..a day, week? Where to..local..out of state? Who with or on her own?
From the time she was suppose to be hanging clothes, how long after that did she disappear?

We need to know more about prior runaway episodes.
By herself or with who??
How far would she go and for how long?
IMO, she was considered just another runaway...and the investigation was problem not taken too seriously.
Were classmates, boyfriend, and neighbors interviewed?
Find it odd it was a cold out and she didnt take her coat....so did she have a ride in a warm car and not on foot?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back