DE DE - Tina Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case needs to be re examined...
I feel there is something off...IMO
The discrepancy about the snow blizzard is really frustrating. There are so many facts that seem to be vague here...

1.) When, exactly, was Tina reported missing?

2.) Did Tina actually go missing around February 17th instead of February 4th, which would line up with the snow story better?

3.) Did Tina attend school?

4.) What were the race tracks that Tina was known to frequent? I'm assuming Harrington had to be one of them, because it was the closest to where she lived.

5.) Could Tina have been picked up by someone who was associated with the Harrington track in some way under the guise of helping with a horse? Was Tina knowledgeable about caring for horses or did she only watch them race?

The discrepancy about the snow blizzard is really frustrating. There are so many facts that seem to be vague here...

1.) When, exactly, was Tina reported missing?

2.) Did Tina actually go missing around February 17th instead of February 4th, which would line up with the snow story better?

3.) Did Tina attend school?

4.) What were the race tracks that Tina was known to frequent? I'm assuming Harrington had to be one of them, because it was the closest to where she lived.

5.) Could Tina have been picked up by someone who was associated with the Harrington track in some way under the guise of helping with a horse? Was Tina knowledgeable about caring for horses or did she only watch them race?
1.) In this article, her older sister, Brenda King, says that Tina went missing a day before the blizzard on February 3, 1979.

“The very next day we got, like, a blizzard. I think we had -- I want to say two feet of snow,” Brenda said. “It really shut down the area.”

2.) She was "officially reported missing" 2 days later "on February 5 by her mother, Ruth Kemp."

3.) It sounds like she did attend school, her sister says “She had a few friends at school but, you know, not a lot of friends.”

5.) Again from the article, Tina did have experience looking after horses.

“Well, she was into the horses,” Brenda told Dateline. “So she did a lot of taking care of the horses with my dad down at the stables.”

NCMEC Number

Date of Last Contact
February 3, 1979

Missing From
Felton, Delaware

Missing Age
14 Years

Current Age
58 Years

Last Known Location (Map)
Felton is a town in Kent County, Delaware and is part of the Dover, Delaware Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Eyewear
No glasses or contact lens

Other distinctive physical characteristic
1/2" mole on right triceps. Fair complexion with some freckles.

Piercing
None known.

Scar/mark
None known.

Tattoo
None known.

Actual Photo​

1681936737024.png
Uploaded:
Sep 10, 2010

Age Progression​

1681936673024.png

Uploaded:
Oct 18, 2011
Tina's photo is shown age-progressed to 46 years. (09/09/2011)

.) In this article, her older sister, Brenda King, says that Tina went missing a day before the blizzard on February 3, 1979.
That's the problem, though. There was no recorded snow storm in the area around that date. People have checked weather records.

There was, however, a big snowstorm around February 17th-18th and we think it might be possible that is when Tina actually went missing.

That's the problem, though. There was no recorded snow storm in the area around that date. People have checked weather records.

There was, however, a big snowstorm around February 17th-18th and we think it might be possible that is when Tina actually went missing.
Sister Brenda is very sure "She was "officially reported missing" 2 days later "on February 5 by her mother, Ruth Kemp.". For me it's clear and proven there wasn't a snow storm, but later, and it's likely somehow Brenda's memory mixed the incidents (Tina missing/snowstorm) up. So how to explain the official missing report date as being the fifth? So either Brenda has this on paper and is sure her mother did this or her mother told her she did, but also mixed up dates. No judgement here but you would think family knows best, unless...

Sister Brenda is very sure "She was "officially reported missing" 2 days later "on February 5 by her mother, Ruth Kemp.". For me it's clear and proven there wasn't a snow storm, but later, and it's likely somehow Brenda's memory mixed the incidents (Tina missing/snowstorm) up. So how to explain the official missing report date as being the fifth? So either Brenda has this on paper and is sure her mother did this or her mother told her she did, but also mixed up dates. No judgement here but you would think family knows best, unless...
Maybe it's possible people thought there was going to snowstorm but there wasn't, and Brenda just incorporated the snow storm that actually showed up into the memory? I mean, I get it- it's been 44 years.

I just wish there was a case file we could view just to be sure what the report date was. It probably would have been the Kent County Police- I doubt there was a Felton police crew for such a tiny town.

I have read where Tina ran away on many occasions before.....with who? To where ?
For a day, over night, a week? By foot or car? Curious to see if she had a pattern or not. Did LE think she just ran away again and would be back or was a thorough search done and taken seriously?
Wonder if the original police report is still on file...something just seems off IMO.

Just thought I would let you all know that I received confirmation today that one of the POIs discussed in this thread, was most certainly in Felton in earl 1979 and as one poster suggested he was definitely at the residence of Tina's good friend in early 1979. He had a relative that died on January 11, 1979 and as the poster suggested she thought this POI was responsible because he was in Felton around the time Tina went missing because of a death in the family. I can't really post any names, but if you read previous threads and use the date of death I posted, you can find out who that was and they are definitely closely related. I really wanna get a hold of this Donna who claimed to be friends with Tina and see what she has to say. I am gonna try and reach out somehow. I do have her name as well, as she is also closely related to this POI and claimed he abused her and her sisters during their childhood.

Just thought I would let you all know that I received confirmation today that one of the POIs discussed in this thread, was most certainly in Felton in earl 1979 and as one poster suggested he was definitely at the residence of Tina's good friend in early 1979. He had a relative that died on January 11, 1979 and as the poster suggested she thought this POI was responsible because he was in Felton around the time Tina went missing because of a death in the family. I can't really post any names, but if you read previous threads and use the date of death I posted, you can find out who that was and they are definitely closely related. I really wanna get a hold of this Donna who claimed to be friends with Tina and see what she has to say. I am gonna try and reach out somehow. I do have her name as well, as she is also closely related to this POI and claimed he abused her and her sisters during their childhood.
Thank you for the update. I know what you are talking about. Where did the good friend live? Are you suggesting Tina went to the good friend's house? Was this person ever an official named POI by LE or is now? In that case we are allowed to discuss the name.

Thank you for the update. I know what you are talking about. Where did the good friend live? Are you suggesting Tina went to the good friend's house? Was this person ever an official named POI by LE or is now? In that case we are allowed to discuss the name.
I am just speculating that Tina went to visit her friend and then maybe met up with this POI, I have absolutely no proof that happened...just speculation. I am not certain of the exact address, but I am certain that it was within walking distance because this friend of Tina's was her childhood classmate and anyone who went to that school had to live very close to the school because I went to that same school as a kid. This person was never officially named a POI in Tina's case, but he has been discussed in multiple posts in this thread and is wanted in Delaware for failure to register as a sex offender. He was even featured on America's Most Wanted. The fact that he was for sure in Felton in early 1979 when Tina went missing and was implicated in her disappearance years later by a close friend of Tina's, who was also abused by this guy as well is very interesting. I had been trying to verify a statement made by this close friend of Tina's that said "she thought her Uncle was responsible for Tina's disappearance because he was in the area for a while in early 1979 because of a death in the family" and after a few years of searching, I did verify through ancestry.com, that there was a death in that family (in Felton as well) on January 11, 1979. Tina supposedly went missing on February 3, 1979

I am just speculating that Tina went to visit her friend and then maybe met up with this POI, I have absolutely no proof that happened...just speculation. I am not certain of the exact address, but I am certain that it was within walking distance because this friend of Tina's was her childhood classmate and anyone who went to that school had to live very close to the school because I went to that same school as a kid. This person was never officially named a POI in Tina's case, but he has been discussed in multiple posts in this thread and is wanted in Delaware for failure to register as a sex offender. He was even featured on America's Most Wanted. The fact that he was for sure in Felton in early 1979 when Tina went missing and was implicated in her disappearance years later by a close friend of Tina's, who was also abused by this guy as well is very interesting. I had been trying to verify a statement made by this close friend of Tina's that said "she thought her Uncle was responsible for Tina's disappearance because he was in the area for a while in early 1979 because of a death in the family" and after a few years of searching, I did verify through ancestry.com, that there was a death in that family (in Felton as well) on January 11, 1979. Tina supposedly went missing on February 3, 1979
That would also fit into our suggestion that she went missing later, on approx. 17/18 feb. The snowstorm days. I'm not sure why LE is not looking into this more, on an official level. Maybe the friend didn't file a complaint? Or is there a statue of limitation in this cases in Delaware and doing that would be useless? He is still on the run isn't he?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back