DE DE - Tina Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It really IS all quite vague. Helping hang laundry could mean very literally as in I was helping Bit of Hope, right beside her, OR it could be interpreted as "Hey Beekarina, can you hang the sheets to dry while I start making dinner? Thanks!"

Not wearing a coat could be impulsive--like hopping in a car for what she thought was to talk or just a quick ride, or it could be the teen thing of underdressing for weather. Like the kids who wear shorts all winter, or those who shun hats in fear of messing up their hair, etc.

It really IS all quite vague. Helping hang laundry could mean very literally as in I was helping Bit of Hope, right beside her, OR it could be interpreted as "Hey Beekarina, can you hang the sheets to dry while I start making dinner? Thanks!"

Not wearing a coat could be impulsive--like hopping in a car for what she thought was to talk or just a quick ride, or it could be the teen thing of underdressing for weather. Like the kids who wear shorts all winter, or those who shun hats in fear of messing up their hair, etc.

Yes, you have a point about the circumstances and also the underdressing. When I was a teenager in the 70's I was wearing a jeans jacket all winter....not a coat, because it wasn't cool.

43 years have passed since Tina Faye Kemp was last seen in Delaware

I found this photo of Tina in this year's article, I hope it will be added to The Charley Project, DoeNetwork or NamUs.

Also, wow! So much clarification in the article from her sisters. This quote:

Brenda, who was 17 years old at the time, was at work that day. She told Dateline what their mother, Ruth, told her happened. “She thought Tina was outside hanging up clothes and she checked her room,” Brenda said, “because I think I remember something about Tina said she didn't feel good.” But Tina wasn’t in her room, wasn’t outside, and no one had any idea where she went.

“It was rough because, you know, she -- she had left and had run away two times before, within only, say, a couple of months, to a boyfriend's house,” Brenda said. “So, you know, when it happened this time, that's kind of what we were thinking – the same thing – that she had went, you know, to the boyfriend's house.”

But she hadn’t. Tina’s boyfriend at the time, Eric, said he hadn’t seen her.

Also, wow! So much clarification in the article from her sisters. This quote:

Brenda, who was 17 years old at the time, was at work that day. She told Dateline what their mother, Ruth, told her happened. “She thought Tina was outside hanging up clothes and she checked her room,” Brenda said, “because I think I remember something about Tina said she didn't feel good.” But Tina wasn’t in her room, wasn’t outside, and no one had any idea where she went.

“It was rough because, you know, she -- she had left and had run away two times before, within only, say, a couple of months, to a boyfriend's house,” Brenda said. “So, you know, when it happened this time, that's kind of what we were thinking – the same thing – that she had went, you know, to the boyfriend's house.”

But she hadn’t. Tina’s boyfriend at the time, Eric, said he hadn’t seen her.

Please..can you put in a link? X

This has to be the new picture we have have never seen before. So good to read that family is still looking out for Tina and has given DNA in case off. 43 years have passed since Tina Faye Kemp was last seen in Delaware Somebody might have "taken" her. Reading the article....it isn't even clear when Tina went missing. What was the last moment anyone (her sisters, mom) saw her? At breakfast....in the evening/night of the day before going to bed?

Brenda <Tina's sister>, who was 17 years old at the time, was at work that day. She told Dateline what their mother, Ruth, told her happened. “She thought Tina was outside hanging up clothes and she checked her room,” Brenda said, “because I think I remember something about Tina said she didn't feel good.” But Tina wasn’t in her room, wasn’t outside, and no one had any idea where she went.

I don't know the living arrangements/the type of house and have never lived with so many people in one house, going in and out....I just wonder...could you just lost track of one of the family members, meaning not noticing one of them wasn't accounted for?

tina_-_red_outfit.jpg

Last edited:
43 years have passed since Tina Faye Kemp was last seen in Delaware

“The very next day we got, like, a blizzard. I think we had -- I want to say two feet of snow,” Brenda <Tina's sister) said. “It really shut down the area.” We all know the facts...the snow blizzard wasn't the next day...just fact....everybody can look it up....it was a week over...or maybe longer. Maybe everybody thought she was with Eric and didn't bother searching for her....let her be...or whatever the mindset was......The truth is out there somehow....What we are getting presented is memories from a long time ago...no nasty feelings at all...not dissing the family....but some things are just not adding up.

From @Thewop356 upthread.
I agree it is totally frustrating. I have recently contacted (October 2020) the Delaware State Police and sent them irrefutable proof that the information provided to the public about Tina going missing on February 3, 1979 is WRONG. All public info provided says Tina went missing on Saturday February 3, 1979 the day before a huge snowstorm hit the area. Well I sent them documented proof backed up by several different sources that there was NO snow fall recorded in the entire state of Delaware on February 4, 1979. In my opinion she went missing on Saturday February 17, 1979 or the info about the snowstorm is wrong. After sending that info, I followed up with a few small questions like when was Tina actually reported missing, was a local search effort ever done and I have not gotten any reply and I have tried several times to contact them directly. I am gonna try going there in person and also calling in a favor to see if I can get a face to face or just a few answers to my simple questions. I am not trying to play detective or anything like that, I just want the little bit of public info about Tina that's out their to be as accurate as possible.

Last edited:
Just checking in....where is Tina!!??

I wish we knew. As there is DNA there was never an unidentified person found who matches Tina. This could mean a couple of things:
Tina is still alive somewhere
Her remains are still very well hidden, or maybe even totally destroyed and will never be found
There were remains found but they ended up on a shelve, no DNA was subtracted and/or never were entered into the system
There were remains found, but because there is something off with the missing date, LE didn't make the connection

Time will tell.

Some things I picked up on the article, but there's more:
“Well, she was into the horses,” Brenda told Dateline. “So she did a lot of taking care of the horses with my dad down at the stables.”
What stables? Did the Kemps own horses or were these the stables at the race track? Cuz, if they were at the track, she was exposed to a very seedy little underworld, a sub-culture with rules all their own. I know this from personal experience. If it were the race track, she would have met people her family has no idea existed. Transient people. People who go from track to track all over the country, following the racing circuit and four seasons, people capable of helping her start a new life or, sadly, doing her harm. Not pointing fingers at everyone associated with the industry, only the creepy few.
Based on this statement, Tina could have been gone for hours by the time her older sister got home from work, and the mother is only assuming Tina was hanging clothes. She doesn't sound too sure. When Tina went missing, the sister wasn't there, and doesn't give a time when she actually last saw Tina, or anyone saw Tina, that I read. If I missed it, please correct me.

All four of Tina’s siblings, plus their father, have submitted DNA to one of the ancestry, family tree websites. “We figured between all that maybe we would find some kind of a match,” Brenda said. “But nothing. Nothing came up.”
This is a good thing, and I recommend all families of missing people submit family DNA to family tree sites on the off chance their loved one did start a new life and had kids, and one of them is looking for family.

I wonder how long she was missing for before police were called..and if they dismissed it as...she ran away before and will be back...
I'm concerned if there was even a thorough search done....

Does anyone know if search dogs were used when she first went missing?
Also, Tina is last seen at 9AM on a Saturday morning...interesting a 14 year old teen is up at that time and ready to head out....IMO, she had plans. She didnt take a coat, so maybe a warm car was waiting for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back