DE DE - Tina Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know if search dogs were used when she first went missing?
Also, Tina is last seen at 9AM on a Saturday morning...interesting a 14 year old teen is up at that time and ready to head out....IMO, she had plans. She didnt take a coat, so maybe a warm car was waiting for her.
I have very much doubts there was a search done by LE at all. I also take the info provided in cases as old as this one with a grain of salt. Memory is a "b..ch" and can fool you. Time and time again the snow storm pops up right after she went missing, but the facts tell you there was no snowstorm, that was later.

The last few months, I have been doing a deep dive into property records in the Felton area. There were dozens and dozens of new homes, a church, and a few new businesses that were built in 1979; that were within 2 miles of Tina's family home. I am trying to narrow down the ones that would have had foundations open or being formed close to February 1979. The other thing I found out is the abundance of ponds, lakes, and other waterways that were easily accessible in 1979. I knew there were were 3 that I used to fish frequently back then, but when I started searching there is actually 6 big ponds, a lake, and so many waterways (creeks/rivers) withing just a few miles of Tina's family home. Not to even mention all the farm land near there. Unfortunately it would not be very difficuly to hide a body in any of those places that would probably not be found unless you were looking for one. I wanna get specific info to send to LE about new house construction that was being done days and weeks after her disappearance so that they may be able to tie one of those places to someone who may eventually become or who may have been overlooked as a suspect.

Thewop356..thank you for the update!
I also was wondering if you knew of any new info on Mary Ann Knightly?
Actually I do...she resided not far from where I live now. The theory on her has pretty much always been the same. I do not know any specifics or have any proof at all so it is just my opinion, but the facts are that she was fighting with her husband and borrowed a vehicle from her parents to move. She was last seen with her parents vehicle and then she disappeared. Her parents vehicle was returned to them by her husband (what excuse he gave them, I can only speculate) and he told them that she left him and he had no idea where she went, but he wanted to return their vehicle to them. She has never been seen or heard from since. Unfortunately her husband Roy died in a motorcycle accident years after she disappeared, so if he knew anything, he took it to the grave with him.

I am local too....
My opinion points to the same conclusion...
Ashame body has never been recovered..Tina's as well.
Yeah unfortunately with the Delaware river and the C&D canal being so close to their residence, she could be quickly and easily discardes and never be found. I also heard that her husband worked as a welder or pipe fitter at the old Getty refinery (in Delaware City), which would give him plenty of chemicals and other things to help him easily dispose of a body. Law enforcement let it be known publicly that he was a suspect and that even up to the day he died he had never been cleared as a suspect.

Every time Tina's thread is bumped back up, it strikes me she really had a rather unique appearance, and there are so many photos of her available.

I'm puzzled by how cold her case remains.
Same here, the distinct looks combined with the geographic location leave me scratching my head. A large branch of my family is Delaware-based, and I can attest that in such a tiny state it's often a game of six-degrees-of-separation when it comes to people knowing each other or at least about each other. I'm surprised given the time that's passed (and the likelihood of a potential perpetrator, if there was foul play involved, dying) that there haven't been more tips/leads.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back