Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting note about Tommy Booth's drowning in Ridley Township...it is less 3 miles from where Chiang was arrested in Swarthmore, PA.

Didn't I read where one of the victims called someone with his cell phone and told them he was in the woods being chased by a bunch of people and was scared to death? I wonder if police found his cell phone? Maybe the person keeps the cell phones as trophy.

From the above link:
None of the other cases appear to be robberies. The only thing missing, usually, is the victim's cell phone. Tommy was found with his wallet in his pocket. The only thing missing -- his cell phone.
Does anyone know if other victims were missing their cell phones when they were found? If so, hopefully LE has contacted the teclos to tag the sims.

Is is possible for the cell phones to be trophies?

I believe so Shadow.

I thought that as far as why the monastery came into question in the first place was due to the proimity of the grounds being rather close to the river (?)

OMG- that PA story is chilling. I was just searching for "missing person" cases in PA. I had remembered there was a student who went missing from PSU while my son was there. It was a female, though, but eerily she was last seen after partying on Halloween. Then, I come back to this.

Welcome Armchairsleuth! Didn't mean to duplicate, guess we were riding the same wave. (Still trying to figure out how to navigate here!)

OMG!!!!!! The girl was Korean and there had been a sighting in (of all places) Philadelphia with a man of asian descent, supposedly yelling for help. How old was that guy in PA that got picked up?

My imagination is running away from me. Sorry guys.

I believe so Shadow.

I thought that as far as why the monastery came into question in the first place was due to the proimity of the grounds being rather close to the river (?)

OMG- that PA story is chilling. I was just searching for "missing person" cases in PA. I had remembered there was a student who went missing from PSU while my son was there. It was a female, though, but eerily she was last seen after partying on Halloween. Then, I come back to this.

Actually the monastery came into question because the entire campus was being searched because Josh disappeared from St Johns campus.

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/2006/11/110902-josh-guimond-collegeville-mn.html

Josh Guimond left a small card party at Metten Court on the St. John's University campus in Collegeville, MN, to walk back to his own dorm room at St. Maur House. It was a three minute walk, but he never made it home.

My nephew travels in differnt circle, he goes to these clubs. The first thing he said when he saw the smiley face left behind at the bar in PA where Tommy Booth went missing was it looked like the 'tag' of a visious female gang out of Queens New York. He said the eyes looked like they had eye lashes and the tree dots above the head was a crown. He said they kidnap male victims, have sex with them and kill them. Has anyone else heard of such a gang? That smiley face does look differnt from the others.

I don't know that the cell phones are trophies..as much as just taken from the vic at some point in this hellious scene. Many of the cellphones I thought were found in other locations, in the opposite direction of the body.

Right, thanks Suzi. If you haven't already seen it, there's a message posted by Josh's dad just yesterday on his website. I can feel the man right through the board.

DD-you're right. Could that have been symbolic staging of some sort?

Was it this case? No mention of whether his cell phone was found or not.

No it wasn't this case. While I was reading other 'possible related' cases, I remember reading early on where one of the guys went to a wedding or something and got separated and called his girlfriend and told her he was in the woods being chased by a group of people and was scared to death. I believe he told her he would call when he could and the police told the girlfriend he was just trying to get her sympathy or something like that. I don't recall if they found his cell phone or not.

Was it this case? No mention of whether his cell phone was found or not.

I think that was the Josh Snell case where he was in the brush and being chased. He was back in the area for a wedding, left the bar to go to a friends house, never seen again. But they did get a phone call that he was being chased, he didn't know by who or why.
I'll look for a link.

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/2006/11/061205-josh-snell-22-eau-claire-wi.html

http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/18353369.html
snip/
In a phone call with a friend "he said he was scared, that he was hiding in a brushy area, that he was running from someone, that he didn’t know who it was or how he was going to get away. (He said) he didn’t do anything, but he was terrified and he was scared for his life,” Jon Snell says.
/snip

No it wasn't this case. While I was reading other 'possible related' cases, I remember reading early on where one of the guys went to a wedding or something and got separated and called his girlfriend and told her he was in the woods being chased by a group of people and was scared to death. I believe he told her he would call when he could and the police told the girlfriend he was just trying to get her sympathy or something like that. I don't recall if they found his cell phone or not.

Sorry, I forgot the link earlier.

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/2006/11/061205-josh-snell-22-eau-claire-wi.html

Twenty-two year old Josh Snell, from Hastings, MN was in Eau Claire, WI on 6/11/05 to attend the wedding of a former classmate from Immanuel Lutheran College

Just flashed on the WCAX-TV NEWS on TV : "A search crew from Maine believes they spotted Nick Garza's body two weeks ago in the Otter Creek..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli