Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic:

There's our girls- glad to see you my dearest V3 and Dark Shadows, I hope you are doing as best you can. So much love and respect for you both.
b:blowkiss:
My very dear sweet Blink,:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

All of my Love and Respect to you my friend!!!! I truly missed you.

So very much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

You know what I would like to see? A thread on this forum where photos of the gang symbols (graffiti) is all in one place. The reason I ask is that people could start recognizing the symbols for their own towns and neighborhoods and take action with LE in eliminating the sources or curtailing the activities.

I agree with you. Thats what will solve the cases. I suggestd that yesterday but I don't know how to start threads on Websleuths; so I was hoping someone more experienced here could help with this. Here are 3 that have grafitti and some non-smiley face drawings. Outside of these 3 I'm putting links to; the detectives have given the public is just smileys

This is Ames Iowa which was Abel Bolanos from 4/3/2007:

<redacted>

I'm editing out Vermont and Nick garza shed with grafitti from 2/5/2007

This is Pennsylvania and Tommy Booth from 1/10/07. Midway through the video is full view of wall

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6118869

Dearest SheerLuck,
The link that you posted for the photo taken during Nick's search was removed. It is not supposed to be anywhere on this site.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Dearest SheerLuck,
That graffitti found on the pump building on the day of the Nicholas Garza search was not 2 years old.
Also Fox44 was contacted weeks ago about that blog link. Vermontn03 found that link right after the blogger posted. Fox44 was allowed to use that copyrighted photo for use on their news station and link. No one gave that blogger permission to use that photo. The stations allowed to use that photo is as follows;
Fox44, Fox news, WPTZ, CNN, WPVI and the affiliates of those stations.
As far as individuals that have permission to use that photo, they are;

Natalie Garza, Kevin Gannon, Anthony Duarte, Gary Peterson, Nan O'Brien, Eva Sollberger.

Copyright laws are clear and that blogger took the photo from the news site without permission. The news station is dealing with that violation. Copyright laws are in place for a reason.
Also that blogger assumed that the smiley face and crown was in the word "class" and it was stated on their blog. That was not the word. The word was "close".

My very dearest RR0004,
The smiley was in the letter "o" of the word "close" with the crown above it with 3 dots above the crown. There were several street names surrounding the word "close".

Love and Respect to SheerLuck and RR0004,
dark_shadows

Dark Shadows; I just read someone's post before reading yours and I reposted that Nick Garza shed picture; Now I read your post; so you or the Websleuths person will have to remove it again. I won't post it again; I found it on ionternet and had no clue it was copyrighted? People are getting murdered so I hope the copyright issue will go away. If you don't see my post maybe SS or another experienced person here knows how to remove Nick Garza tent image, Thanx for info about help and close.

Dark Shadows; I just read someone's post before reading yours and I reposted that Nick Garza shed picture; Now I read your post; so you or the Websleuths person will have to remove it again. I won't post it again; I found it on ionternet and had no clue it was copyrighted? People are getting murdered so I hope the copyright issue will go away. If you don't see my post maybe SS or another experienced person here knows how to remove Nick Garza tent image, Thanx for info about help and close.
Dearest SheerLuck,
All you have to do is hit your edit button and remove the link.

Respectfully,
dak_shadows

I found it on ionternet and had no clue it was copyrighted? People are getting murdered so I hope the copyright issue will go away.
Dearest SheerLuck,
No, the copyright issue pertaining to that photo will not go away. It is being delt with. That blogger did not have permission to use that photo.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I hate to say it, but I think it is wrong to go after people for using photos used by tv stations. If you guys did not want the photo out...you should not have given it to them to air. We use those here all the time with links back to where they were shown, but never to the original photographer. (Did I put that on our photo page?!) I took stills shots of the actual video footage in Tommy Booth's case to get the photos so I have to assume they were property of the station. I would have thought nothing about taking a still of the photo you guys took and using it here. Maybe you guys need to rethink the possessiveness issue before you release it to the media next time. It is great you got the photo, but if it helps move the case forward...it really needs to be out there on every blog or site who picks it up!! It really isn't a time for threats and going after those of us trying to solve these cases, imo...that blogger included.

The smarter way to handle it is to watermark it so it can be used without you losing your credit. I noticed your channel 3 always puts a 3 in their still photos for this purpose.

We may be placing too much emphasis on the graffiti to begin with...Duarte and Gannon included.

You know if I didn't see it with my own eyes (Minnesota?) I wouldn't have believed it. I've been to Wisconsin...and it's been real difficult for me to get with the "gang" theory...but I also wouldn't have believed it for Minnesota as well...and there it was in black and white! I'm still not convinced we're looking at the traditional "gang" here, but would love to know what Gannon and Duarte have.

I'm the same way; I really didn't think a typical street gang was doing this and I'm still having a hard time thinking its street gangs. For 1 thing the Latino/Mexican/Central American gangs hate blacks more than whites; so why no blacks drowning? And blacks also wouldn't kill just whites. Unless they figure shoot street thugs and secretly kill whites. Radical Muslims actually make more sense and they have a hatred for both alcohol, western life and the bar scene and white kids who have fun. Until we know the grafitti and street taggings; it's a mystery. I saw the smiley in Albany but didn't see any other taggings even though Bill Szostak said there was other grafitti

I hate to say it, but I think it is wrong to go after people for using photos used by tv stations. If you guys did not want the photo out...you should not have given it to them to air. We use those here all the time with links back to where they were shown, but never to the original photographer. (Did I put that on our photo page?!) I took stills shots of the actual video footage in Tommy Booth's case to get the photos so I have to assume they were property of the station. I would have thought nothing about taking a still of the photo you guys took and using it here. Maybe you guys need to rethink the possessiveness issue before you release it to the media next time. It is great you got the photo, but if it helps move the case forward...it really needs to be out there on every blog or site who picks it up!!

The smarter way to handle it is to watermark it so it can be used without you losing your credit. I noticed your channel 3 always puts a 3 in their still photos for this purpose.

We may be placing too much emphasis on the graffiti to begin with...Duarte and Gannon included.
I did not expect that from you.

SS- I like the watermark idea. Never thought of it...of course, I'll respect any copyrighted pic...just something to think about with our wsers going out there and doing field work...bless their souls.

We may be placing too much emphasis on the graffiti to begin with...Duarte and Gannon included

I think it was Blink who said it might be a red herring...but still put out there to throw someone off IMO.

Thanks! What gang is supposed to be associated to that hand sign?
Quite a few, actually. Esp satanic metal underground. Then, there's the 1995 cult classic, "12 Monkeys" which had a collector's edition release in 2001.

BUMP

I think this may have been what you were looking for...if not...let me know....

Thanks mucho. (lost my connection last night, hotels !)
Anyway, I see the hand sign he is making.
As pointed out previously he has a smiley face in his nose and one on his chest with the two zero's dotted for eyes and a ghosty looking smile below the 2001.

If they are undressing them...this would indicate a physical implication of torture possibly.
Absolutely. And, as nursebeeme pointed out there are torture methods that do not leave marks. If this is the case however, you're looking at a fairly sophisticated setup. Which would rule out your average street gang. They would also require a fixed residence (as opposed to, say nomadic gangs). This would be a group that had specific selection criteria, and they would be spending some amount of time getting to know their potential victims' habits, etcetera. A common practice for accomplishing this type of task would be what is often referred to as "casing the mark."

I did not expect that from you.
I know you didn't and I am sorry if it offends you in any way. However, I feel like the issue of the copyright needs to be addressed since you brought it here. I am honest about calling things the way I see them and this is such a time I felt it needed to be said.

You guys willingly put it out in the media. Once that happens, the realistic view is that it goes with the story. Do you know how many thousands of photos that WS would have to go back to remove if everyone took the stand you are taking? People don't go after ones usually trying to help solve cases because we are all on the same side. If I took a photo and posted it here...I would have NO problem for others to use it to that end. If I took a photo and gave it willingly to a media outlet, I would expect and encourage people use it to that end.

You can fully expect that the television station will never use another one of your photos! They don't want the hassle of having to keep track of a copyright. Think about it. Is a photo of some graffiti worth it?

Absolutely. And, as nursebeeme pointed out there are torture methods that do not leave marks. If this is the case however, you're looking at a fairly sophisticated setup. Which would rule out your average street gang. They would also require a fixed residence (as opposed to, say nomadic gangs). This would be a group that had specific selection criteria, and they would be spending some amount of time getting to know their potential victims' habits, etcetera. A common practice for accomplishing this type of task would be what is often referred to as "casing the mark."
I have always thought they had to be stalking these young men and waiting for the right time to grab them. I have never understood the theory of them being a regular street gang, but I do think they could be using certain "borrowed" things from them. Street gangs deal with violence and instant gratification. Stabbings and shootings not carefully planned murders. I don't know that I have even heard of professional hitmen who have been able to pull off so many perfect murders. I think Gannon is wrong when he said they weren't smart. I think intelligence HAS to be a factor here.

Dearest SheerLuck,
All you have to do is hit your edit button and remove the link.

Respectfully,
dak_shadows

I did edit button. That was an interesting article on the artistic tagger who uses the tag Apes. Artistic taggers as serial killers would be surprising. Oh and Shadows if you are the Crimson Shadows with the missing/drowned data website list; here is someone I didn't see on your list from a state in the west; Idaho. He seems to fit exactly like many others. His name is Dan Clune and he moved from New York City to Idaho in November of 2004 and went missing on November 6, 2004. A week later is when Adam Falcon went missing from Canton New York.

http://www.finddanny.com/story.htm

Quite a few, actually. Esp satanic metal underground. Then, there's the 1995 cult classic, "12 Monkeys" which had a collector's edition release in 2001.

shocking-
sorry, it's late and I always post for shadow:blowkiss:

Just thought I'd throw this out there again... I originally posted this in the "What is your Theory?" topic, but this seems like the right time to post it again. I don't know how to "quote" this as a reply to another topic (sorry!), so I just copied & pasted. It's definitely food for thought:

This is my first post, although I've been reading WS for years! I'm not into posting much, but I wanted to throw my "theory" into the mix. I think this is related to terrorism (Al-Queda, etc.). Here is why:

1. In my mind, they are the only group of people that are this organized, patient, and consistent.
2. Since 9/11, they've threatened to attack "the heartland" of America, our schools, and our school children.
3. There are more supposed terrorist "cells" in those areas of the U.S. where the drownings are occurring.
4. They would have a motive--they hate America, and these young men probably represent something to them.
5. Does anyone else see the similarities between these deaths and the deaths of the microbiologists over the years?? Or maybe it's just me...

Either way, is this a crazy idea (cause no one else has brought it up!) or could it be a possibility?

All of that makes sense and maybe the microbologists were also killed the same way. The young men represent everything they hate about western culture; especially alcohol. The monkey with the little s which shadow said means 2; might be a reference to 2 monkeys(Gannon and Duarte) and the 2001 might be a political statement

We may be placing too much emphasis on the graffiti to begin with...Duarte and Gannon included

I think it was Blink who said it might be a red herring...but still put out there to throw someone off IMO.

Thanks RR- I stand more firmly on that than ever- my photos from a recent Holiday to France-http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/100_3105.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/100_3106.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Blink34_photos/100_3107.jpg

Point is, this is everywhere, internationally, and not tied to a crime in these instances..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo