Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SL- I know we have discussed women as a "lure" in these cases. They could very well be a part of the hierarchy mentioned.

I would love to sit down and pick those detectives brains. It was a lengthy piece IMO. Kudos to Cooper for focusing on these mysterious drownings for what they may be...acts of violence.

The below snip is what I found interesting. A little more detail than we had before.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0805/21/acd.01.html

GANNON: We were -- we actually -- the smiley face is only 1/13th of the total piece of information that we've uncovered at the scene. What we've done is we found other symbols, and markings and taggings, always specific to these regions, and broken them down, whether we thought they were different pods, which is what some of the symbols would be specific to just Minnesota and Wisconsin and the 12 or 18 victims were there.

And then there were other ones that were specific to the region of Illinois and Indiana, and another set of symbols to Pennsylvania, Ohio and New York.

COOPER: So is it, in your mind, a -- it's, what, a group of serial killers? Or is it a gang? Or who do you think is doing this?

GANNON: Gang not in the traditional sense of a gang, but the same type of organizational structure of a gang. And we believe that they're communicating with each other.

COOPER: But you don't have any idea of how?

GANNON: No -- well, I mean, I just -- hypotheses of either cell phones, got cell phones, disposable cell phones or, obviously, through the Internet. We actually had one of the investigations where there was a message on a -- on the computer that we were very interested in.

And the law enforcement agency, without mentioning which case, was unable to track it back to the original IP number, which obviously would have been very crucial to us.

SuziQ- that info about the message on the computer was new to me. How long ago did we think it was wise for LE to check the computers? Having classified these deaths as drownings, I believe we determined they may not have. It all makes me wonder...

SuziQ- that info about the message on the computer was new to me. How long ago did we think it was wise for LE to check the computers? Having classified these deaths as drownings, I believe we determined they may not have. It all makes me wonder...

You have to wonder how much was not looked at since these cases were so quickly written off as drunken accidents. I know in the presser it was stated that the detectives believe the vics might be targeted via the internet.

It very well may be the link to how these victims are chosen. I found the idea of disposable cell phones to be very interesting. I have to say, I hadn't thought of that before. I have this BIG question rolling around in my brain. What ties these "members" to the time frame that had been established as a pattern?

Thread #1 I believe, SL.. this is what I mean about reading all posts:crazy:

Okay; I see what you mean. I never read that post. I don't think drowning fetish is connected to any of these, but I guess they can't be ruled out. To me that sounds like more of a thing a sick man would do alone; not as an organized group. There really are some sick people out there who should be locked up; I think I had the right idea skipping over that post

Okay; I see what you mean. I never read that post. I don't think drowning fetish is connected to any of these, but I guess they can't be ruled out. To me that sounds like more of a thing a sick man would do alone; not as an organized group. There really are some sick people out there who should be locked up; I think I had the right idea skipping over that post
We don't skip any posts here. Most of us not only read them once, but will go back over past threads to keep things fresher in our minds. This is why we get rather exasperated when people don't bother to read them the first time.

Your killing me SL- read your post, it is YOUR OPINION, not fact- High IQ, but other mental defficiancies are coomon.
quote]

Killing you with what??? In disagreeing with me you wrote

"SL- I completely disagree with your statement of "brute force without a lot of thought" the mean IQ of known serial killers is in excess of 160"

And I said that its fine we disagree on our opinions and that you might be right and the killers might be smart. But I used 3 of the most famous seriial killers as an example to show that its simply not true that the mean IQ of known serial killers is in excess of 160. That's genius level and most are not genius level or 160. Maybe no one agrees with me; but I don't think its that hard for these killers to be "stupid and evil"; as I put it; and do these crimes 4 or 5 times a year for 11 years; without getting caught. The best example I can think of is John Gacy; who was a high school drop out and who used very little brains in his killings; yet he wasn't caught by LE until he had killed over 30 men in the course of 6 years; all in the same town. It doesn't take a 160 IQ to drive into a college town; walk into a bar and make friends with someone; and then dump GHB in their drink when they go to the bathroom. And then kill them later; or have a friend waiting outside; kill them.

To kill them without leaving a trace of evidence and knowing that LE and the ME will automatically term it as an accidental drowning then close the case is not the same thing as what the men you pointed out did. They left TONS of evidence. Frankly, it was LE that was stupid in that respect as well as the killers. This is entirely different. Only LE has held the lesser of the intelligence in these cases, imo.

When you are studying cases that involve people killing or torturing other people, everything you read or learn could come into play. It is advisable to know what is going on with criminals who could be involved in many cases so you can relate it to certain situations.

We don't skip any posts here. Most of us not only read them once, but will go back over past threads to keep things fresher in our minds. This is why we get rather exasperated when people don't bother to read them the first time.

Everyone has their own method or style and mine is different. I try to read every post, but I don't reread posts and I guess I missed a few. No one's perfect. But don't get exasperated; just figure you have 1 person here who sometimes thinks and acts like a criminal, but maybe that's a good thing

When you are studying cases that involve people killing or torturing other people, everything you read or learn could come into play. It is advisable to know what is going on with criminals who could be involved in many cases so you can relate it to certain situations.

SS, you're right and I agree with you totally, but I don't read about sex fetishes that I think are sick; so I'd let someone else reasearch it and I wouldn't solve it. But I see a different kind of hatred here, that has no relation to sex

Everyone has their own method or style and mine is different. I try to read every post, but I don't reread posts and I guess I missed a few. No one's perfect. But don't get exasperated; just figure you have 1 person here who sometimes thinks and acts like a criminal, but maybe that's a good thing
You "act" like a criminal?! :confused: No one is perfect, but I can't recall the last time I heard that one on our board here. No, I don't find that a good thing at all.

We are not here playing games and we take this very seriously (Refer to my sn).

Thanks, AzGigi~ However, I am not talking out of my ego (that I am aware of, at least). I would like it if people took the time to at least read the posts which build to the points of conversation later. When you ignore them altogether on purpose...it is frustrating.

Blink, I figured the "lull" would be soon. IMHO, and I'm sure all will concur, it's a welcome "respite" from this horror. I suppose it was too soon for the detectives to comment on the Garza case, as that was the last Smiley Face to be uncovered, if I'm not mistaken. Being that Duarte and Gannon work backwards to the point of entry (of the body) into the water, without knowing where Nick is it's not likely a case they can tie in just yet.
SL- I see your point about SKs. I do believe this is the working of a much more organized group (?), though. Needless to say, taking the life of anyone involves "force" of some kind...and sickness of the mind...no matter how smart the killers may be.

Yes, RR, your correct, they have not gotten to Nick Garza's case yet. It was Josh's case last week and they left Ridley Twsp. from Tommy Booth's yesterday.

jeez you guys, let go of the egos!

I'm not sure who that was directed at AG, but as Seriously said this is a serious matter for me and for those who want to contribute but don't take the time to review previous topic or evidence and attempt to comment anyway bottleknecks the discussion, that's all. I like productive contribution from any vantage point, just appreciate the courtesy of staying on topic. For me, if there is an area where I am not sure of the thread info/topic, I don't post until I do as a courtesy to those that are on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste