Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the interview very interesting. I hope they really are that close to making an arrest. Bill szostak also said one of the other drowning deaths ruled as an accident, will be relisted as a homicide in the upcoming weeks. Any thoughts to who this is? He said it is not one of the cases in New York. I am thinking Tommy Booth?

He'll have it on later today, but I agree with Al that if you don't trust the Albany Police than bring the video to the FBI. This is an absolute bombshell Bill Szostak dropped and from the interview; I had the impression that Bill Szostak might actually see someone drugging his son, but I'm not sure if he said this with 100% certainty. The impression is that the video shows people that Bill feels is responsible for his son's death. I think Bill Szostak's best appraoch is to stop linking his case with others and just get justice for his son first. If others are linked that would come out later but it remains very possible that most are just accidents. The starting point is proving murder and getting 1 conviction first. At the end of the interview; I think Bill said that 23 cases are linked now for sure; not 40; if I heard it right
I completly agree with you, I'm going to listen to that interview again.

I found the interview very interesting. I hope they really are that close to making an arrest. Bill szostak also said one of the other drowning deaths ruled as an accident, will be relisted as a homicide in the upcoming weeks. Any thoughts to who this is? He said it is not one of the cases in New York. I am thinking Tommy Booth?

I would think it would have to be a case that was reopened by LE. Outside of the Jenkins case; if I remember right; I think there were 3 others reopened. Tommy Booth was one of them and I think there was a case in Ohio and also the Scott Radel case in St Cloud, Minn. I think the Ohio case was the chief from cinncinnati who reopened the case of Chris Olberding. That case was from 2004 and Scott Radel was from 2006. The other Ohio case was Brian Shaeffer who went missing in 2006 but was never found, but that was Columbus and I think it was the Cincinnati police who reopened a case. I'd be very surprised if Tommy Booth was the one Bill Szostak was referring to; I sort of would guess Scott Radel

Scott Radel's case was never closed, and is an open homicide investigation. Brian Shaffer's was also never closed, and is technically classified as a missing persons case. Tommy Booth's case has not been reopened or reclassified but I understand that there may be further tox tests pending based on Willoughby's request. This is the case that will be reclassified as a homicide. Josh's case as far as LE is confirmed has been closed and is classified as accidental death by drowning; which I should disclose I do not agree with. I am a fan of Bill Szostak.

Wanted to point out I agreed with an earlier post in which you said that Bill would be better off having this case reviewed on it's own versus the association with the whole smiley face issue.. I agree that should be done individually across the board for all these cases actually and stated so a ways back.

Scott Radel's case was never closed, and is an open homicide investigation. Brian Shaffer's was also never closed, and is technically classified as a missing persons case. Tommy Booth's case has not been reopened or reclassified but I understand that there may be further tox tests pending based on Willoughby's request. This is the case that will be reclassified as a homicide. Josh's case as far as LE is confirmed has been closed and is classified as accidental death by drowning; which I should disclose I do not agree with. I am a fan of Bill Szostak.

Wanted to point out I agreed with an earlier post in which you said that Bill would be better off having this case reviewed on it's own versus the association with the whole smiley face issue.. I agree that should be done individually across the board for all these cases actually and stated so a ways back.

Tommy Booth's case will be reclassified as a murder or homocide? Do you have a link? KTSP had reported that the police chiefs in St Cloud Minnesota and Cincinatti Ohio were "re-examing" their drowning cases, which I took as meaning re-opening. Basically when cops stop working on a case, the case is closed for all practical purposes. Usually police chiefs want to officially close cases because it helps their yearly review. I thought the Cincinnatti police might have been looking into the Olberding drowning because that was the only drowning case in Cincinnatti. What a bombshell from Bill Szostak. If what he says is true; I wish he'd take his most compelling evidence to the FBI immediately and move fast now. This isn't a game and if there are killers on video(which I sort of doubt) I would guess they'll be on the move. I'm very puzzled with the strategy of Gannon and now Szostak to go public and say they know murderers by name or face. This makes no sense to me at all

I do not have a link to the announcement of the re-opening of Tommy's case, it was told to me by someone working in his case, therefore consider it my opinion based on my research. I will see I am puzzled that in that jurisdicion there is no coverage on the attempted abduction at Swarthmore College- Thomas Chiang.
Classification of cases, is a legal standard and protocal, there is no inbetween. If a case is unsolved, it is open, forever, or until it is. It is true the statisitic of open cases forces some LE to close them with unanswered questions, but I am unaware of what cases you are referring to that they are "re-opening"- and I can tell you that KTSP has had more than a few errors in reporting these cases.

If you recall, I posted a long time ago that each one of these cases should be reviewed individually on their own merits, rather than see how they fit into one scenario- you wouldnt do that as the lead investigator on a case as they should be working from the exclusionary rule, which after reviewing these cases in detail, is NOT the case.
I am hopeful that Bill is able to progress Josh's case and it results in a successful prosecution. It is my opinion an arrest in any one of these cases wil start the ball rolling for answers these families deserve. He has reached out to the FBI and started several petitions, I hope he is successful I will review Bill's interview again and post if I have any other thoughts.

I do not have a link to the announcement of the re-opening of Tommy's case, it was told to me by someone working in his case, therefore consider it my opinion based on my research. I will see I am puzzled that in that jurisdicion there is no coverage on the attempted abduction at Swarthmore College- Thomas Chiang.
Classification of cases, is a legal standard and protocal, there is no inbetween. If a case is unsolved, it is open, forever, or until it is. It is true the statisitic of open cases forces some LE to close them with unanswered questions, but I am unaware of what cases you are referring to that they are "re-opening"- and I can tell you that KTSP has had more than a few errors in reporting these cases.

If you recall, I posted a long time ago that each one of these cases should be reviewed individually on their own merits, rather than see how they fit into one scenario- you wouldnt do that as the lead investigator on a case as they should be working from the exclusionary rule, which after reviewing these cases in detail, is NOT the case.
I am hopeful that Bill is able to progress Josh's case and it results in a successful prosecution. It is my opinion an arrest in any one of these cases wil start the ball rolling for answers these families deserve. He has reached out to the FBI and started several petitions, I hope he is successful I will review Bill's interview again and post if I have any other thoughts.

The link I'm asking for isn't for whether the Tommy Booth case was ever officially closed and then reopened. I was asking for a link to show that the Tommy Booth case will be the case that you said will be reclassified as a murder. You wrote in the post that I responded to: "Tommy Booth's case has not been reopened or reclassified but I understand that there may be further tox tests pending based on Willoughby's request. This is the case that will be reclassified as a homicide." Do you have a link to show that the Tommy Booth case will be reclassified as a murder? If not, what are you basing your post on?

I would say definately one to watch, good find SL

This looks to be another unfortunate accident, but I'll post it here because only 3 months ago Willie Jacobsen accidentally drowned in Ithaca, New York and now this kid accidentally drowned in Cortland, New York; which is only about 20 miles away from Ithaca.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8705863&nav=menu183_2

Without really looking further, I too agree with you SL, this does appear to be an accident.

Paryers to his friends and family.

:(
fran

I would say definately one to watch, good find SL

Thanx; I'm trying. Here's an interview/phone call today with Al Roney and Jim Miller; who's the Albany Polce Department's top spokesman. Miller was quoted in a local newspaper article where he said something negative about Gannon and Gannon's agenda and so he wanted to address and clarify his comments on the Al Roney WGY radio show. Surprisingly Miller returned Roney's call. This tells me there's a chance; if Bill presents some strong evidence to Albanys police chief; Tuffy; that there's a chance Tuffy would take a closer look. If he doesn't; then the FBI would be the next step. Albany had another shooting death yesterday though, so time is limited; so its got to be strong evidence; without any games. For example; if Szostak has on video someone drugging his son's drink; then bring this evidence to APD. Oh and Miller's basic message to Gannon is to either present some evidence to Chief Tuffy or take a hike. Here's link which I hope works:

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18...PCAST_CAT=news&PCAST_TITLE=Al_Roney_On-Demand

I posted this 2 weeks ago in the possible NY victims thread-probably shoud've posted it on this thread!

This sounds like an accident but do you know anything more about it? Its only 20 to 25 miles from Ithaca where Willie Jacobsen drowned in late April.

Has anyone given any further thought to the Toby Cohen disappearance?
(The article can be found at: http://gothamist.com/tags/Toby Cohen)

I see he was prescribed epilepsy medication and Tommy Booth also had a prescription for epilepsy.
(http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t11856.html)

Tommy Booth was found drowned in a creek.
Toby Cohen was "found swimming in a reservoir in Carmel, N.Y., with bruises on his face and legs and disoriented from missing doses of medication."

I can't find any more information about Toby Cohen that would answer any questions I would ask. Why he would leave without his wallet? Where was he going and what was the purpose of the $200.00 withdrawal that he made?

I do think that a drowning connected with an epileptic victim would be assumed as accidental as drunkenness.

It was just so strange to see each of them having the same condition.

There is a current search for Andy Bethmann. Circumstances sound familiar.

Here is the link to Al Roney's interview today with Bill Szostak. This is his main blog page and the podcasts with interviews are on the left side of the page under the Al Roney in demand section. The first podcast about alcohol has no relationship to the Szostak case; he had this guest lined up in advance and its unrelated. This interview reveals new details and if all accounts are true; it presents very strong evidence of foul play with regard to Josh Szostak.

http://www.wgy.com/pages/onair/onair_roney.html

Here are separate links if first link doesn't work. This is part 1 of the podcast of Bill Szostak being interviewed by Al Roney on WGY

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18...PCAST_CAT=news&PCAST_TITLE=Al_Roney_On-Demand

and this is part 2

I am behind here but catching up again on these cases. Listening to that interview was the bomb...I was listening and thinking that Josh's dad was using the same words to describe the perps to a degree that Chris Jenkins family did. They said they knew who some of the people were, ties to evil, etc. I think that Josh, Chris and Tommy's cases are solidly intermeshed with the same group of perps.

I would really like to know the positioning of Josh's body when he was found. Arms across chest, floating flat, etc. Because that is the way both Chris and Tommy were found..that is not just a coincidence.

Also I find the the fact of Josh's clothing being rearranged very interesting, makes you wonder if that ever showed up before or are the perps trying to make a statement..and possible evidence of a date rape drug...which would lead me to believe not the ones we have previously suspected..I am thinking this one showed up in an autopsy tox scans or on the video they saw something.

Josh's dad also referenced the fact that certain items were missing of Josh's when his body was retrieved, but other items that did not belong to him were there..hmmmmm..is this one of the facts that the dicks have been not talking about that are similiar in these cases..markers so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo