Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if Lanphear had anything to do with the disappearance of Joshua Guimond? This has been weighing heavily on my mind today. Is there a separate thread here to discuss the recent abduction of the two young men? From Madison, Wisconsin it is a straight highway route to Collegeville, MN. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...TF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title. This is just the type of person who could have taken him. What do you all think?

Here is another update on Kstp:
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S510824.shtml?cat=1

There is a new chapter in the Smiley Face Killer story and the author is Josh Szostak's dad, Bill.

Josh went missing from an Albany, NY bar just before Christmas 2007. Weeks later, his body was recovered. According to his dad, the police closed the case just a few hours after Josh was found. Their answer? Josh accidentially drowned. It was not an answer Bill would accept.

Since then, Bill has worked countless hours investigating his son's death. After our story aired on Good Morning America, Bill began talking with retired NY Detectives, Kevin Gannon and Anthony Duarte. Bill told me today that Gannon and Duarte have determined that Josh was murdered as part of the Smiley Face Killings. He said, "all the factors are present." He won't talk specifically about the evidence, but he isn't just convinced he could get an arrest, he says they are close to having enough evidence to get a conviction.

I find it interesting that they are saying they are close to an arrest. It will be interesting to see if that is true or not.

Here is another update on Kstp:
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S510824.shtml?cat=1

There is a new chapter in the Smiley Face Killer story and the author is Josh Szostak's dad, Bill.

Josh went missing from an Albany, NY bar just before Christmas 2007. Weeks later, his body was recovered. According to his dad, the police closed the case just a few hours after Josh was found. Their answer? Josh accidentially drowned. It was not an answer Bill would accept.

Since then, Bill has worked countless hours investigating his son's death. After our story aired on Good Morning America, Bill began talking with retired NY Detectives, Kevin Gannon and Anthony Duarte. Bill told me today that Gannon and Duarte have determined that Josh was murdered as part of the Smiley Face Killings. He said, "all the factors are present." He won't talk specifically about the evidence, but he isn't just convinced he could get an arrest, he says they are close to having enough evidence to get a conviction.

I find it interesting that they are saying they are close to an arrest. It will be interesting to see if that is true or not.

I do believe that is true..I think they were very close when they went national with this story. They needed more time, money and help. If they can get a conviction in at least one of these cases then they should be able to get more assistance from local LE and the FBI.

For the families of these young men..I hope that they are very close to closing in on these killers in this heinous series of crimes.

DD- great to see you, and I'd love to know the driving the alligator reference!

As you know I agree.

I think my little alligator cart is cute, environmentally safe and I get 2 perps and 3 RSO's a week..and he is a happy gator. No gas, NO oil... great mileage! Next time you're in the neighborhood I''ll let you take him for a spin Blink...no fast moves or loud voices and he purrs!

Since I have out grown the pony cart I had as a child..I thought the alligator cart fit me to a T.

I figured out why I could not get this, his name is Edward Lanphear, your sleep deprivation is showin', malady:blowkiss:
OMG! What WAS I thinking?! You are right. I have been burning the candle at both ends lately. Time for bed as I have another hectic day ahead. Then comes THE WEEKEND again! Woohoo!

OMG! What WAS I thinking?! You are right. I have been burning the candle at both ends lately. Time for bed as I have another hectic day ahead. Then comes THE WEEKEND again! Woohoo!
lol, I hear ya, have a really good day

I think my little alligator cart is cute, environmentally safe and I get 2 perps and 3 RSO's a week..and he is a happy gator. No gas, NO oil... great mileage! Next time you're in the neighborhood I''ll let you take him for a spin Blink...no fast moves or loud voices and he purrs!

Since I have out grown the pony cart I had as a child..I thought the alligator cart fit me to a T.

DD- OT- I still dont know what it is (dunce)

Okay, I went ahead and added Lanphear & Lilly to the Corridor 94 crime map. They would be the yellow or orange (dep upon your puter graphics setup) icons. Also, someone mentioned that Lanphear used to live in La Crosse. I would be interested to see if anyone knows whether that is indeed the case. Bc, if it is, imho, that would make him a very viable POI for the La Crosse, Eau Claire, & Minneapolis missing/drowned cases.

Shad-
I could not find any property or tele listing or other for Lanphear In Lacrosse.
His last address:
3120 12 ST. SOuth
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494-6448
from records at least 96-99 or 2000
2001- present his current address.

Shad-
I could not find any property or tele listing or other for Lanphear In Lacrosse.
His last address:
3120 12 ST. SOuth
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494-6448
from records at least 96-99 or 2000
2001- present his current address.
Speaking of addys, I found this bit odd.

10730 52ND St, Nekoosa, WI
10730 52ND St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Not sure of the Nekoosa is a typo or what, but the addy does exist and is therefore added to my crime map.

About other searches. I ran a quick search on the ECF system, but didn't find anything. I also threw the words, lanphear & bdsm into google, and the first page to come up was a tribe.net (http://people.tribe.net/lanphear) that is the same lanphear that you guys found on myspace. Only this lanphear claims to be in the SF Bay Area. Most of the other hits appear to be pr0n sites that have included his name to drive incoming hits to their sites. And finally, I ran a usenet search. But, unless I can get a reliable fix on an em addy, finding him on usenet would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Literally. Anyway, I'll prolly take a closer look see @ usenet later this evening or tomorrow (hopefully).

Speaking of addys, I found this bit odd.

10730 52ND St, Nekoosa, WI
10730 52ND St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Not sure of the Nekoosa is a typo or what, but the addy does exist and is therefore added to my crime map.

About other searches. I ran a quick search on the ECF system, but didn't find anything. I also threw the words, lanphear & bdsm into google, and the first page to come up was a tribe.net (http://people.tribe.net/lanphear) that is the same lanphear that you guys found on myspace. Only this lanphear claims to be in the SF Bay Area. Most of the other hits appear to be pr0n sites that have included his name to drive incoming hits to their sites. And finally, I ran a usenet search. But, unless I can get a reliable fix on an em addy, finding him on usenet would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Literally. Anyway, I'll prolly take a closer look see @ usenet later this evening or tomorrow (hopefully).

I really don't think this or the myspace page is the same guy. This page you posted has some additional pics. If you click - there is a better picture of this guy. It doesn't look anything like the mug shot of the guy from Wis Rapids. What do you think? Either way - the guy is still freaky.

I really don't think this or the myspace page is the same guy.

I agree. The myspace/tribenet lanphear has a more pronounced chin.

dddf9964.jpg

I've noticed that the students usually are taken during months that the waterways are frigid. Something to note.
DEC.23,2007 JOSHUA SZOSTAK - PORT OF ALBANY,N.Y.-FOUND 4 22 08
JAN.20,2008 TOMMY BOOTH -RIDLEY TOWNSHIP,PA -FOUND 2 03 08 ?
FEB.5,2008 NICHOLAS GARZA -MIDDLEBURY ,VT -FOUND 5 27 08
APRIL 27,2008 WILLIAM JACOBSON-ITHACA,N.Y. -FOUND 4 30 08

JOSHUA SZOSTAK timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=650398 - 35k

TOMMY BOOTH
www.delcotimes.com/WebApp/appmanager/JRC/Daily?_ nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_article&r21.pgpath=%2FDCT... - 59k

NICHOLAS GARZA www.nicholasgarza.org/ - 2k -

WILLIAM JACOBSON
www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ article?AID=/20080501/NEWS01/805010352/1002 - 59k

I haven't been able to find anyone missing in March ... maybe someone knows of someone who either is missing or had a "strange thing" happen to them while they were out for the night.

I'm leaning toward the idea that this is a gang initiation of some sorts. If only a few individuals were committing these crimes, I would think after 11 years they would tire of it or someone involved would acquire some form of a conscience and find the need to tell someone. { I would hope }
I searched the internet for information on the Latin Kings gang and it seems to fit. Sadly, I think this is why this crime is able to be committed for such a long period of time. Something tells me that the drownings of the eight Rapid City, SD men [1997-1999] are connected. Experimenting? or Refining?
I am unsure. Read the similarities: http://www.ishgooda.org/oglala/news5a.htm

It isn't the Edward Lanphear that is involved in the case of the two men on myspace.

Thanks, Shadow!

Welcome to WS, Cherish. That was a very interesting read! I have grown away from the theory of the Latin Kings personally, but it doesn't mean it couldn't be the case. I do agree with someone practicing this form of the kill tho.

I've been concerned about all these drownings for awhile... the gang involvement seems the best fit. Can you tell me why you don't think they are responsible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim