Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very insightful! What a break this guy messed up! (I wonder if Duarte and Gannon are looking hard at him yet or if he is even on their radar?)

Very insightful! What a break this guy messed up! (I wonder if Duarte and Gannon are looking hard at him yet or if he is even on their radar?)

Doubtful, I hate to say it but think that they are concentrating on the backlog and the found in water variety. ALthough, the right piece of evidence...

I don't know about a van SuziQ. But he owned a truck which LE has taken in to go over.

I also read that various jurisdictions are getting together to discuss the case. I think they're going to be contacted by a few other jurisdictions as well. Seems this guy liked to hang out at a number of bars around town and was always with younger guys, ie 20's.

Oh, he's been divorced since about '97.
Victimology & timing of the stressor (i.e., the divorce) and the creep factor (i.e., chaining these young men in his house [shades of Gacy] and assaulting them) makes this guy a shoe-in for at least some of the missing/drowned young men. Maybe someone should check out his property...

ETA ~ it looks like they are checking out his property.

[apologies if the following has already been posted]

Thomas Reichert said his agency will dig into Edward Lanphear's past and cross-reference him with other missing persons cases. Other law enforcement agencies likely will do the same, he said.

Investigators also plan to use dogs in their search of Lanphear's Town of Saratoga property, Reichert said.
Full article: http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080711/FON0101/307110019/1985

Whether or not this guy is involved in any of these cases, I won't be surprised in the least little bit to learn that he has left a trail of victims over the past 11 years. After all, people don't just wake up one day and think, "gee, I think I will become a serial rapist/killer." They evolve over time. And this guy has had plenty of years to do just that.

Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
The lyrics to the song on the myspace page:

GROOVIE GHOULIES LYRICS
"'Til Death Do Us Party"
Here's how it is, I know the score, don't count on anything for sure.
Leave no regrets, and waste no time.
What's mine is yours and yours is mine.
'Til death do us party, let us make a pact.

No one will come between us, no one will turn us back.
No one will get in our way, no one will bring us down.
No one will make us feel like we're not worthy of the crown.
I look at things surrounding me, and I like everything I see.
If it was gone, I wouldn't care, when I look over you're right there.
'Til death do us party.
1-2-3-5 No one here gets out alive!
6-7-9-10 Re-incarnate, do it again!

http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/groovi...dousparty.html

Crown like on some of the smiley face graffitti? ????:eek:

:eek::eek::eek: what a buncha freeeeeeaks!

I found a creepy "ode" to Lanphear while browsing the lovely site.
Guess they couldn't have done it without him. The cops should be investigating Lanphear(k)s friends from this site!

spacer.gif
ABOUT USThe Movement of Fear website first went online in 2001. We have had many ups and downs with the site.
You can view archives of what used to be on the site by visiting: The Internet Wayback Machine This would not have been possible without:
Deathrockluv
Hugeriot
Lanpheark

Victimology & timing of the stressor (i.e., the divorce) and the creep factor (i.e., chaining these young men in his house [shades of Gacy] and assaulting them) makes this guy a shoe-in for at least some of the missing/drowned young men. Maybe someone should check out his property...

ETA ~ it looks like they are checking out his property.

[apologies if the following has already been posted]

Full article: http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080711/FON0101/307110019/1985

Whether or not this guy is involved in any of these cases, I won't be surprised in the least little bit to learn that he has left a trail of victims over the past 11 years. After all, people don't just wake up one day and think, "gee, I think I will become a serial rapist/killer." They evolve over time. And this guy has had plenty of years to do just that.

Shadow! I would have stayed up the extra hour just to see you!
To my knowledge, they have not yet searched his prior address I listed upthread, or his former spouses, but it looks like that property was never shared. I'm convinced there is a stressor for this guy that set off the chain of events that led to his mistake and getting caught.

Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
The lyrics to the song on the myspace page:

GROOVIE GHOULIES LYRICS
"'Til Death Do Us Party"
Here's how it is, I know the score, don't count on anything for sure.
Leave no regrets, and waste no time.
What's mine is yours and yours is mine.
'Til death do us party, let us make a pact.

No one will come between us, no one will turn us back.
No one will get in our way, no one will bring us down.
No one will make us feel like we're not worthy of the crown.
I look at things surrounding me, and I like everything I see.
If it was gone, I wouldn't care, when I look over you're right there.
'Til death do us party.
1-2-3-5 No one here gets out alive!
6-7-9-10 Re-incarnate, do it again!

http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/groovi...dousparty.html

Crown like on some of the smiley face graffitti? ????:eek:

The 'Crown' part caught my attention too, ArizonaGiGi!

The title is a little {creepy} too!

'Til Death Do Us Part'

FWIW, I had a friend in an abusive relationship where the abuser used to remind her of that part of their 'vows.' I said he would try to kill her,............and he did!:eek: Thank goodness she managed to save herself.

This guy is a freak and these other people contacting his MySpace, ugh!

The good part is, LE is checking out his computer right now. Don't forget that Det Gannon said he felt the 'perps' were using the internet!

JMHO
fran

Has it been determined for a fact this is his myspace and other site? The photos of the guy on both pages match, but they don't look like the mugshot of the Lanphear I have seen.

Other then this guy, we need his access to the main people and those others that are perps in this whole deal.. I still believe that it is a group effort..a fairly large group, that exists in different parts of the country. I think the cells that are in different areas may be small, but they exist. Hope this SOB talks about people he knows in the mid west, and a eastern parts of the US. As well as the west coast..somehow I feel this is much bigger then we may think at this point.

Other then this guy, we need his access to the main people and those others that are perps in this whole deal.. I still believe that it is a group effort..a fairly large group, that exists in different parts of the country. I think the cells that are in different areas may be small, but they exist. Hope this SOB talks about people he knows in the mid west, and a eastern parts of the US. As well as the west coast..somehow I feel this is much bigger then we may think at this point.

DD- great to see you, and I'd love to know the driving the alligator reference!

As you know I agree.

Did you catch that his home is in Wood County and that Brittany Zimmermann is from Wood County, too? This peaked the interest of MPD and ISP. They are checking now to see if he knew her or her acquaintances.

On Greta: The officer from Wood County made a good point. The article appeared to be at least a few weeks old yet it was in a very prominent location in his house on the coffee table. (Of course, we knew that already.) It would mean that he was keeping an "eye" on it tho all these weeks or longer. Interesting if he had no connection to the case. They also pointed out the article of the missing man's article there, too.

RR- that is exactly right, but I was not about to correct SL on his "facts" yet again. I guess the robbery scenario is a bust.

I know, Perhaps there IS something we have NOT considered?

Maybe their wallets are made of some sort of atomic goo

The "robbery scenario is a bust"??? Are you kidding??? First of all; robbery and murder is not a "bust" if there's no clear evidence how they died and if they had a lot of money on them. Anyone with half a brain doesn't mock any idea that brings MOTIVE into play; since NONE of the other drownings appear to have any motive. Now if a kid is found dead with his wallet and the police say it has his id; this doesn't mean he wasn't robbed and murdered. It's an unknown if all we're told is that he had his id. And if he had just a few bucks on him; it also could have been a robbery. And you know; you make a joke out of 2 kids wallets being made of atomic goo which drags them into cold water and kills them and you think that's funny? You think hypothermia is a joke to any of these families? You think the Szostaks or Garza's would laugh at that? And while I try to look for links of 2 fairly fresh cases that are unfortunately slowly growing cold; you mock me and then encourage others to ignore me and to instead research a person who first knocks his victims out with blunt force and then chains, physically beats and sexually assualts his victims? The 40+ drownings had almost NO trauma of any kind.

I do like the atomic goo theory. LOL

As long as all we do on this thread is argue with a fence post, people are going to shy away from here as they have done. It does get very tiresome. I know I stopped posting on this thread for that reason.

Attention seekers will always find a way to turn the discussions towards themselves even if it means saying things they know are not true to do so. Boy...you guys are so easily manipulated!

You also find it funny that a kid slides into cold water and gets hypothermia? I'll let you guys research a kidnapping, physical assault and sexual assault and I'll research the more recent cases before they grow any colder

Here's a few connections to the slim longshot possibility that some one might have robbed and killed both Josh Szostak and Nick Garza: We don't know if Garza had a lot of money on him, but we know initially Bill Szostak said his son did and Bill Szostak said his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Szostak was last seen walking towards a crack filled neighborhood before he disappeared. I know the neighborhood well. Nick Garza disappeared ONLY 6 weeks after Josh Szostak disappeared. That's relevant because Garza was in MIdlebury, VT which is ONLY about 2 hours from Albany; where Josh Szostak died. Nick Garza was a dj in Middlebury which is ONLY about an hour and a half from Plattsburgh College, which is where Josh Szostak also was a dj. 2 college dj's going to schools just 75 miles apart dissappear and die just 6 weeks apart. Probably just a coincidence and probably just accidents, right? Or are there any other connections between them? Did they know each other or receive music from the same supplier? Did they communicate on a website ever about music or sports(a common interest)? Did they have a common vice that linked someone else with both? Maybe gambling? Selling pot? Or are they clean as a whistle and just accidents or separate victims of foul play? And is there any way Tommy Booth can connect as he was 5 hours from Albany or the kid from Ithaca who was also ONLY a few hours from Albany? Or is this off topic and I should talk about a kidnap/sexual assault case instead?

Attention seekers will always find a way to turn the discussions towards themselves even if it means saying things they know are not true to do so. Asking questions they know you want to answer and saying things they know you will want badly to correct.

Remember when I questioned why one would want to derail what we are doing here? Keep that in mind while we try to stay on topic here! BLINK...this means you. LOL

Attention seekers will always find a way to turn the discussions towards themselves even if it means saying things they know are not true to do so. Asking questions they know you want to answer and saying things they know you will want badly to correct.

Remember when I questioned why one would want to derail what we are doing here? Keep that in mind while we try to stay on topic here! BLINK...this means you. LOL

yup, like you SS, I too, am skipping right over the one's that need to be ignored. :rolleyes:

Did you catch that his home is in Wood County and that Brittany Zimmermann is from Wood County, too? This peaked the interest of MPD and ISP. They are checking now to see if he knew her or her acquaintances.

On Greta: The officer from Wood County made a good point. The article appeared to be at least a few weeks old yet it was in a very prominent location in his house on the coffee table. (Of course, we knew that already.) It would mean that he was keeping an "eye" on it tho all these weeks or longer. Interesting if he had no connection to the case. They also pointed out the article of the missing man's article there, too.

I put this on the other thread- I think that he displayed the article prominently to scare/intimidate the victims. IIRC, the first vic was brought upstairs to eat the second day and the Second vic was in the LR first. Same with the missing Man's article. I would love to know what he hilighted on it.

Ya know- I reached into my feed bag to slop the troll trough and waddayaknow?? Bone dry.. Thanks for the heads up SS/AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966