Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, yes, it is him. I will double check on his thread to be certain...but it is what sent the bells ringing in my head. He looks nothing like that photo in his mug shot which bothered me, but I believe we presume it to be his site.

FWIW, I think it is him, trying to look 35 last hear when hes 45.

What kids weren't drinking? The footprints capsules has every kid drinking and most had 2 or 3 times the legal limit or more. Every kid Gannon mentioned was drinking quite a bit

As others have stated, we here at Websleuths have been following these cases for several years. Not just when this Gannon arrived. None of us ever heard of the guy until a few months ago.

Look at our timeline thread. I listed names of drowned or 'missing' young men according to school year. They do NOT include just those indicated by Det. Gannon. We do NOT know what Det. Gannon knows. So, we're counting all of the cases we feel are 'similar.'

There are a number of young males missing that were NOT drinking or that it was never stated they were. Like the college professor. PLUS, there were a few of these guys that were drinking that their friends said they'd only a 'few' drinks, yet, when they were located their blood alcohol level was extremely high. (note, see new Wisconsin case, he was plying his victim with vodka.)

IMHO, people should pay more attention to the other sites that have information about this case. Especially the Vance Holmes site. (it's been up for several years)

JMHO
fran

So Washington State has 'one,' Idaho has 'one,' 'two,' in how many years. While Wisconsin has how many in just 'one school year?'

We'll never agree on this so we'll just 'agree to disagree.'
fran

THE PERFECT CRIME IS WHEN NO CRIME HAS BEEN DETECTED!:waitasec:

THERE IS NO COINCIDENCE WHEN IT COMES TO MURDER:eek:

We'll never agree but the statistics suggest there is nothing compelling at all with 3 or 4 kids accidentally drowning each year after a night of drinking. Wisconsin has 24 accidental drownings in the past 30 years and 8 in the last 11 years; so the stats did not increase since 1997. And since Wisconsin volunteers began patrolling the waterfronts 2 years ago; there hasn't been a single drowning and the volunteers have led many very drunk kids away from the water; or there probably would have been 1 or 2 more. About half of Gannons 40 "connected cases" are in the states of Wisconsin and Minnesota and these are 2 very cold states that have rivers within a quarter of a mile from popular college bars. And looking at pictures; they HAVE NO FENCES! Maybe other states are much smarter than the people who run Minnesota and Wisconsin! 24 drownings in 30 years and Wisconsin still refuses to build fences??? And maybe in most cold weather states there aren't rivers or lakes within a quarter of a mile of college bar strips. Fran, you could still turn out to be right and there could be a serial killer, but there are very logical explanations for all of your questions. There's not 1 shred of compelling evidence that we know of to suggest anything but accidents. And the statistics haven't changed in 40 years; so why trust a tv station who did a money grab or a retired detective who blew his life savings?

FWIW, I believed before the tv station aired their piece, so that's a moot point for me.

JMHO
fran

We'll never agree but the statistics suggest there is nothing compelling at all with 3 or 4 kids accidentally drowning each year after a night of drinking. Wisconsin has 24 accidental drownings in the past 30 years and 8 in the last 11 years; so the stats did not increase since 1997. And since Wisconsin volunteers began patrolling the waterfronts 2 years ago; there hasn't been a single drowning and the volunteers have led many very drunk kids away from the water; or there probably would have been 1 or 2 more. About half of Gannons 40 "connected cases" are in the states of Wisconsin and Minnesota and these are 2 very cold states that have rivers within a quarter of a mile from popular college bars. And looking at pictures; they HAVE NO FENCES! Maybe other states are much smarter than the people who run Minnesota and Wisconsin! 24 drownings in 30 years and Wisconsin still refuses to build fences??? And maybe in most cold weather states there aren't rivers or lakes within a quarter of a mile of college bar strips. Fran, you could still turn out to be right and there could be a serial killer, but there are very logical explanations for all of your questions. There's not 1 shred of compelling evidence that we know of to suggest anything but accidents. And the statistics haven't changed in 40 years; so why trust a tv station who did a money grab or a retired detective who blew his life savings?

SL-
I think it is a "compelling shred" that 2 cases on the radar are open homicide investigations. Good point about the decline since they are patrolling in WI now, perhpaps you could expand your research to note that could be EXACTLY why it has escalated in other areas as a result of "denied access."
Fran is right, there is tons of info per each case located elsewhere you are not considering or basing an opinion on; which directly conflicts with your theory.

You only quote "statistics" referenced from other people's research, and only those that support your superficial, unsubstantiated opinion.
I have yet to see a single poster agree with you, which is fine, but then appreciate your opinion is not shared and you are derailing the honest work of others. You have stated repeatedly your thoughts, as is encouraged and your right, it has been duly-noted adnauseum, and if you have anything new please post, if not, respect that there are those of us who are seriously looking to find answers here, not argue.

FWIW, I believed before the tv station aired their piece, so that's a moot point for me.

JMHO
fran

Secondly Fran, so did most of the people and resources SL quotes or refers to frequently, so it is a moot point for all of us, and frankly, if I were SL, I do not think I would be so glib as to throw those types of comments around about the TV station or the detectives- you never know who's on here :gavel:

As others have stated, we here at Websleuths have been following these cases for several years. Not just when this Gannon arrived. None of us ever heard of the guy until a few months ago.

Look at our timeline thread. I listed names of drowned or 'missing' young men according to school year. They do NOT include just those indicated by Det. Gannon. We do NOT know what Det. Gannon knows. So, we're counting all of the cases we feel are 'similar.'

There are a number of young males missing that were NOT drinking or that it was never stated they were. Like the college professor. PLUS, there were a few of these guys that were drinking that their friends said they'd only a 'few' drinks, yet, when they were located their blood alcohol level was extremely high. (note, see new Wisconsin case, he was plying his victim with vodka.)

IMHO, people should pay more attention to the other sites that have information about this case. Especially the Vance Holmes site. (it's been up for several years)

JMHO
fran

Fran, the only thing a bit compelling that I see outside of the Chris Jenkins case; that might have some relevance; is that the initial reports on Josh Szostak was that he had over $400 on him when he went out the night he died, but just $28 when he was found; and that Nick Garza'a wallet was never found. Szostak also had a gold chain that was missing when he was found. Still; I'm open minded and if both those reports are accurate about both Garza's wallet being missing and Szostak having $400 and a gold chain missing; then for me personally; I would consider the slim possibility that maybe the same person robbed and killed both Szostak and Garza. Only 6 weeks and 3 hours separated their disappearances. For me though; this is a slim longshot because why rob Szostak and leave him with $28?

The lyrics to the song on the myspace page:

GROOVIE GHOULIES LYRICS
"'Til Death Do Us Party"
Here's how it is, I know the score, don't count on anything for sure.
Leave no regrets, and waste no time.
What's mine is yours and yours is mine.
'Til death do us party, let us make a pact.

No one will come between us, no one will turn us back.
No one will get in our way, no one will bring us down.
No one will make us feel like we're not worthy of the crown.
I look at things surrounding me, and I like everything I see.
If it was gone, I wouldn't care, when I look over you're right there.
'Til death do us party.
1-2-3-5 No one here gets out alive!
6-7-9-10 Re-incarnate, do it again!

http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/groovieghoulies/tildeathdousparty.html

Let's move on already! We believe there were crimes committed in many of these cases. We further believe they can be solved. Why bother with arguing? When a person claims to have had these cases "solved" twice and now there is no case...what is the point?

Fran, the only thing a bit compelling that I see outside of the Chris Jenkins case; that might have some relevance; is that the initial reports on Josh Szostak was that he had over $400 on him when he went out the night he died, but just $28 when he was found; and that Nick Garza'a wallet was never found. Szostak also had a gold chain that was missing when he was found. Still; I'm open minded and if both those reports are accurate about both Garza's wallet being missing and Szostak having $400 and a gold chain missing; then for me personally; I would consider the slim possibility that maybe the same person robbed and killed both Szostak and Garza. Only 6 weeks and 3 hours separated their disappearances. For me though; this is a slim longshot because why rob Szostak and leave him with $28?

Again, your missing info, Szostak went missing, and his phone was found (sans fingerprints, fyi)at the scene of a stolen vehicle which police initially suspected him in and later recanted. There was never an arrest or POI in that case, consequently. Additionally, Josh was seen on a street cam after leaving the bar with a different "clothing arrangement" than he was found in, you can check his thread for more specifics. This is what I am saying, if you took the time to review these cases on an individual basis as we have, you would see the facts of them do not support "accidents, or drunk-induced hypothermia."

Let's move on already! We believe there were crimes committed in many of these cases. We further believe they can be solved. Why bother with arguing? When a person claims to have had these cases "solved" twice and now there is no case...what is the point?

What can I tell you, I'm a stickler for the facts, but your right, AND that's the last time I'm going to admit that to you today so savor it.LOL

The lyrics to the song on the myspace page:

GROOVIE GHOULIES LYRICS
"'Til Death Do Us Party"
Here's how it is, I know the score, don't count on anything for sure.
Leave no regrets, and waste no time.
What's mine is yours and yours is mine.
'Til death do us party, let us make a pact.

No one will come between us, no one will turn us back.
No one will get in our way, no one will bring us down.
No one will make us feel like we're not worthy of the crown.
I look at things surrounding me, and I like everything I see.
If it was gone, I wouldn't care, when I look over you're right there.
'Til death do us party.
1-2-3-5 No one here gets out alive!
6-7-9-10 Re-incarnate, do it again!

http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/groovieghoulies/tildeathdousparty.html

Missing the 4 and the 8 in the sequence, interesting.

A 23-year-old man was held in Lanphear's home from Saturday until Tuesday, according to an affidavit filed by sheriff's investigators seeking support for Lanphear's arrest. The young man had told friends Friday that he was going to walk home after a fireworks show, the Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune reported.

Lanphear was driving the man home when he pulled over, told him he was a police officer and handcuffed him, the affidavit said.

When one of the handcuffs became loose, Lanphear hit the man in the head and knocked him out, the document said. When the man revived, he was chained up in Lanphear's basement.

The affidavit said Lanphear used a knife to cut off the man's clothing and sexually assaulted him at least three times while he was restrained.

~snip~

Another affidavit says that sometime Sunday or Monday a 21-year-old man got drunk at a Wisconsin Rapids bar and passed out in his car, then later woke up naked and hanging in Lanphear's garage by locked chains.

He told authorities Lanphear hit him with a metal pipe and sexually assaulted him. His hands were bound by chains and flex cuffs, and he was blindfolded, the affidavit says.

The 21-year-old man identified his captor, saying Lanphear frequented the same Wisconsin Rapids bar, the documents said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,379285,00.html (Bolded by me)

This story jumped out at me. Could it be connected? The men are about the right age. At least one was drinking, but they have not reported on the other one yet. I just think this is something we should look at.

They have a thread on him here and is where I found his myspace page. Look at it closely and tell me if you see anything familiar: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=186412465

The Temple student is another one that should be considered. Do we know any more about that case?! Maybe someone could write the reporter who did that initial story. I want to know everything we can about that guy.

Are you referring to Thom Chiang in the Swarthmore incident?

Are you referring to Thom Chiang in the Swarthmore incident?
Yes.

You know...now I am wondering if that is the same Lanphear at all. The photo on that site looks like the guy on the other one and I am sure the two sites are connected...but it looks nothing like the perp they caught with the two boys. I think it may not be his.

SL-
I think it is a "compelling shred" that 2 cases on the radar are open homicide investigations. Good point about the decline since they are patrolling in WI now, perhpaps you could expand your research to note that could be EXACTLY why it has escalated in other areas as a result of "denied access."
Fran is right, there is tons of info per each case located elsewhere you are not considering or basing an opinion on; which directly conflicts with your theory.

You only quote "statistics" referenced from other people's research, and only those that support your superficial, unsubstantiated opinion.
I have yet to see a single poster agree with you, which is fine, but then appreciate your opinion is not shared and you are derailing the honest work of others. You have stated repeatedly your thoughts, as is encouraged and your right, it has been duly-noted adnauseum, and if you have anything new please post, if not, respect that there are those of us who are seriously looking to find answers here, not argue.

What I'm trying to show is that it might be a complete waste of time to try to link 40+ cases; but it might not be a waste of time to try to link a few of the more recent cases; where evidence is still fairly fresh. For example maybe there's a longshot chance worth looking into that maybe the same person might have killed both Nick Garza and Josh Szostak. Only because they both might have been robbed, which is unique from the others; do I suggest this. Am I also alone with this idea? Does that mean I shouldn't post this idea? Now to set the record straight from your completely bogus judgement of me and my posts; my facts are all backed by reputable links and I do not copy other peoples posts or ideas. My opinions are formed from having an open mind and considering all angles. Links from Wisconsin police reports supported the 24 drownings in 30 years and links from Wisconsin newspaprers supported the volunteer watch teams. Hypothermia links and national drowning stats are all links; not my opinions. I do not copy from anyone because everyone here is convinced there is a serial killer out there; so who would I copy from??? While I post links to support facts; you post opinions and attempt to belittle anyone who disagrees with you. You support none of your opinions with facts or links and you often say I have facts wrong; when I don't. Fran says the perfect crime is when there is no evidence and she's right. So where my research has taken me is that maybe a criminal realized after hearing about the I-94 drownings as they were called; that the perfect crime might be to rob a drunk kid and then to drown the kid and make it look like an accident. The evidence is overwhelming that most before 2007 were simply accidents. This is why the FBI and Homeland Security; both appear to be completely disinterested; but if both Nick Garza and Josh Szostak were robbed than that would make both of them unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010