Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin on Dr. Phil 3 February 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES, it can be both. They chose a paying media. They don't talk to LE but they'll talk to Phil for $$$$. They are playing by cindy's rules. Cindy told all "To get off your a$$$s and find my grandaughter". In some ways, I think DB is saying the same thing. The only places she searched was on GMA,, The Today show and Larry King. Then the BIG payoff with Drl Phil.

These two pathetic parental units aren't even going it alone and do it w/o their high priced mouthpiece. He was a fool with Joran VDS and he's a fool now...but a rich one because he gets these gigs.

They are not out there pleaing for Lisa when no dollars are flying in their face, that's for sure!.GMAB!

My bolding

Exactly! And several of us predicted this was going to happen and saw this coming as soon as JT came on board and the parents would no longer speak to any media, local or otherwise. Keep them hidden, until the big media exclusive was the game plan, so sad that a missing baby was used as a game plan.

I can't see any bombshells or anything that will lead to any answers coming either way from the interview. JT will be right there to stop anything he might not like and will spin everything favorably for his clients.

JMHO

I've met Mike Brooks as well as Jim Spellman. I like Jim. He's very good at what he does and we've developed a good working relationship over this case. Brooks, not impressed with. JMO
Hmm interesting. Love them both. Brooks gets a little too excited sometimes maybe lol but I would def want him on my side god forbid I needed him. All you guys rock!!

I dont have a fixation. She has become intrustive and then plays the "victim" card. When she oversteps social boundaries and scares people in the neighborhood, we're talking potential stalker. If you live hundreds of miles away, I'm sure this seems very harmless to you. But it's very real to neighbors who are imposed upon.
I would be comfortable with even taking the word 'potential' out of your description. <modsnip>

I saw today that Stanton is with them at the interview. Are both media agents there or just stanton?

Maybe it's just me, but I have a very high tolerance for flakes, quacks, weirdos and unusual people in general.

I have ZERO tolerance for the parents in this case. Who behaves this way?? Oh yeah, parents that are involved with the disappearance of their child.

THERE is your story.

there is a LOT of snark going on here.... -please cease and desist. Attack the post not the poster... Also, you may discuss Edith but we are not sleuthing her or bashing her. You may state your opinion but it must be within TOS.

this lands at random

:nurse:

Ron, thank you for participating here and answering questions. I don't know how you can stand wading through the hordes of 'hopers,' 'truthers' and assorted crackpots all attacking on another on the various Lisa Irwin FB pages but I am always glad to read of your interviews with the various players in this case. You and Jim Spellman seem to be two of the most balanced reporters out there, sticking to facts you can personally confirm rather than spinning the case one way or another. It's refreshing!

I saw today that Stanton is with them at the interview. Are both media agents there or just stanton?

Here is the Press Release :

http://www.enr-corp.com/press_fs.asp?id=319815

Also appearing on the show is private investigator Bill Stanton who will tell Dr. Phil whether he believes Lisa is still alive.

Their attorney, Joe Tacopinto, was there also.

I hope this helps ...

:seeya:

I respectfully object to the term "flophouse". I'm not sure what that is supposed to connote. I have been in that house probably four times. These are people trying to get on their feet and have gone through some tough times. That would fit a lot of folks in this economy.

Flophouse - flop·house&#8194; &#8194;/&#712;fl&#594;p&#716;ha&#650;s/ Show Spelled[flop-hous] Show IPA
noun, plural -hous·es &#8194;/-&#716;ha&#650;z&#618;z/ Show Spelled[-hou-ziz] Show IPA.
a cheap, run-down hotel or rooming house.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/flophouse?qsrc=2446

I think people are using the term flophouse to describe a "rooming house" environment and in that case, IMO the term fits.

Ron, thank you for participating here and answering questions. I don't know how you can stand wading through the hordes of 'hopers,' 'truthers' and assorted crackpots all attacking on another on the various Lisa Irwin FB pages but I am always glad to read of your interviews with the various players in this case. You and Jim Spellman seem to be two of the most balanced reporters out there, sticking to facts you can personally confirm rather than spinning the case one way or another. It's refreshing!

Thanks very much. At one time, I did wade through all of that when it wasnt as bad. Now, I am just too busy and the insanity doesn't interest me. I find nothing on the FB pages that could forward my investigation. It's a waste of time for me.

I appreciate your kind comments. As much as I and members of my family have been personally attacked and attempted to have our privacy invaded, I will keep pressing on with an open mind.

Here is the Press Release :

Also appearing on the show is private investigator Bill Stanton who will tell Dr. Phil whether he believes Lisa is still alive.

Well Dr. Phil's folks already failed their first bit of research. Unless he's gotten a license since October 2011, I couldn't find Mr. Stanton as a licensed PI in either NY or MO.

Flophouse - flop·house&#8194; &#8194;/&#712;fl&#594;p&#716;ha&#650;s/ Show I think people are using the term flophouse to describe a "rooming house" environment and in that case, IMO the term fits.

Well it's not a rooming house. It's a home where one couple has allowed to let another move in and occasionally allows a friend here or there to move in as a favor.

Anyway, I just think the connotation sounds negative.

Well Dr. Phil's folks already failed their first bit of research. Unless he's gotten a license since October 2011, I couldn't find Mr. Stanton as a licensed PI in either NY or MO.

:floorlaugh: Surprise Surprise ...

I remember reading somewhere that Stanton was NOT licensed in Missouri ... So he is NOT licensed in NY either ?

:waitasec: Then why does everyone call him a PI ?

:waitasec:

Well it's not a rooming house. It's a home where one couple has allowed to let another move in and occasionally allows a friend here or there to move in as a favor.

Anyway, I just think the connotation sounds negative.

Interesting, MW's comments stated that she lived in a house with seven other people. Were you able to confirm that?

And Edith scared most of us in the neighborhood after a while. Everybody put up with her at first and her 'Edith-ness', but she kind of went off the deep end after a while. While the boys do not ride the school bus (walkers or riders in this neighborhood) I would not put it past her rushing DB getting them off to school or on the way home. I have personally witnessed her driving by at all times of the day and night basically stalking her and others around here, especially right after the time she was asked to stop hanging out by many - not just 'the family'. Looking at casenet, she already has previous stalking charges so IMO this is not new behavior from her. Social boundaries very seriously lacking!

Edith made the hair on the back of my neck stand up from the get-go. So much so that if I found out SHE had something to do with Baby Lisa, I would not be surprised.

I guess they do it out of ignorance and/or maybe Stanton's self promotion. You see I'm the one responsible for outting him for not being licensed in Missouri.

Under Missouri law, a licensed PI must report any unlicensed activity they observe. It's called the whistle blower provision. As a footnote, I am a past three year board member of a statewide PI association.

The night Stanton did the late evening news conference in his bomber jacket proudly professing he was a private investigator and he was here to help, I contacted both Action News and Channel 9 locally. This was about 11pm. The next morning, I watched the news at 6:30 a.m. news and the reporter (Lindsay Shively) made that announcement. About 7:30 a.m., I got a call from a fellow KC PI telling me he was filing the paperwork to file the complaint.

I lived up to 10 miles from the crime scene so I stopped by and saw Lindsay that morning where she did her live shot to fill in the blanks. She then did an interview with me asking me about licensing (http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...vestigator-bill-stanton-do-in-lisa-irwin-case). I don't turn down a reporter's interview request typically, because having been a news reporter I didn't like it when I was turned down.

After Lindsay's interview, Janna Corrie from KMBC asked me to talk to her on camera. Then, Bonyen Lee from KCTV. Then, camera man Kevin Lynch from Fox4. Then, NBC's Peter Alexander spoke with me off camera and gave me his cell number in case I had any additional information.

I then went to my office and started to filling out the paperwork to file the notice with state licensing. It asked for the person's address. I figured the best way to find Stanton's address was to look on the NY licensing website. It appeared the only license Stanton had close to a PI license in NY is "security guard - unarmed." (http://appext9.dos.state.ny.us/lcns_public/lic_name_search_frm)

I then called Peter Alexander and he asked if I would print the information off and bring it to the satellite truck, which I did. Later in the day, Stanton held a noon news conference and all the reporters wanted to talk about, I'm told, was whether he held a license. I'm told he flashed some license but wouldn't show it long enough to be read.

The irony of all this is that I'm told that state licensing folks were willing to fast track his application had he only applied. They did not want to be the ones to stand in the way of finding a missing baby.

For the record, I never filed my complaint. After Stanton was barraged by reporters at the news conference, I could never visibly see where he was conducting any PI work and he changed his description to "security consultant". However, some reporters still call him a "PI", probably erroneously.

Interesting, MW's comments stated that she lived in a house with seven other people. Were you able to confirm that?

That night, Megan's roommates were two married couples, two children of one of the couples, and Dane. That would total seven.

I was back to the house about a month ago and there were six total...neither of which were Dane or Megan.

:floorlaugh: Surprise Surprise ...

I remember reading somewhere that Stanton was NOT licensed in Missouri ... So he is NOT licensed in NY either ?

:waitasec: Then why does everyone call him a PI ?

:waitasec:
I think the only one who calls him a PI is him himself, then others use his description of himself without doing any research to the matter.

That night, Megan's roommates were two married couples, two children of one of the couples, and Dane. That would total seven.

I was back to the house about a month ago and there were six total...neither of which were Dane or Megan.

Did you ever get a chance to talk to those roommates (the married couples) and if anyone there knew of the parents (of course they wouldn't admit it if they were involved in something nefarious) One of the theories (I think it even came from MW herself) was that since she didn't know DB/JI, the call may have been for one of the roommates, since according to her they all had access to her phone.

I refer you back to my blogs on this topic some months ago: http://kansascitypi.blogspot.com
There were two phones in the house. One belonged to one of the couples who didn't share their phone. I've discussed this with them and they were probably smart. I didn't implicate them. The call did not go through so Dane didn't answer it. He was only their short term, however, in fairness, the call may have been intended for him. But I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa83