Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wish he'd come here instead, but that is very heartening reading ... i really hope that other thing is clothes with lots of telling evidence!!!

Well I wish he'd come here instead, but that is very heartening reading ... i really hope that other thing is clothes with lots of telling evidence!!!

Like a pair of coveralls:please:

very interesting information.

thanks, matou.

anybody know if SA is around?

Anyone know if SA is right handed or left handed?

If person socks someone in the mouth, how would that affect the teeth on the side of the jaw that received the blow?

If the victim was small and the attacker much taller, I suspect the blow would hit the upper jaw.

It will be interesting to see which teeth remained in the upper jaw that was found, if they ever get around to releasing the autopsy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The remains found in Indiana a few days were just identified as belonging to Katelyn Markham, missing for twenty months. So it can be done quickly.

Anyone know if SA is right handed or left handed?

If person socks someone in the mouth, how would that affect the teeth on the side of the jaw that received the blow?

If the victim was small and the attacker much taller, I suspect the blow would hit the upper jaw.

It will be interesting to see which teeth remained in the upper jaw that was found, if they ever get around to releasing the autopsy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going on from that how about if the attacker was small?

The remains found in Indiana a few days were just identified as belonging to Katelyn Markham, missing for twenty months. So it can be done quickly.

It can. So what is taking so long with these remains? If it is Hailey, they can determine that with very little remains......very frustrating waiting on this!

It can. So what is taking so long with these remains? If it is Hailey, they can determine that with very little remains......very frustrating waiting on this!

Maybe they just want everything lined up so they can go in and arrest them both once the id is made public?

Maybe they just want everything lined up so they can go in and arrest them both once the id is made public?

Doesn't make any sense. They ID bodies all the time without a suspect. Leah Hickman comes to mind.....among countless others.

Just out of curiosity, since the body was found in Scurry County, and if it turns out to be Hailey who is from another county (I cannot recall the name of the county wherein she lived), then which county would have jurisdiction over any criminal arrests and proceedings?

Also, utilizing the answer to the above question, how often does the Grand Jury meet in said county and on what dates?

My thinking is that it is possible that a Grand Jury may convene in order to indict a specific person or persons prior to the identity of these remains being made public.

This is just my opinion, but I don't personally believe that the fact that it took just two days to identify Katelyn Markham's remains have any bearing on this particular case at all. Indiana is not Texas. There are profound climatic differences between two entirely different geographical regions of the United States. What was the condition of the remains identified as belonging to Katelyn Markham? What additional evidence, (if any), was discovered at the site of Katelyn Markham's remains? Was it an intact skeleton? Did Katelyn Markham perhaps have dental records on file which enabled a quick identification? Just my perspective.

She was found April 7th, announced it was Katelyn on April 10th. Must have identified her with dental records.

It's been 25 days since the remains were discovered at the Lake. Hope I'm not still counting days in June.

Just out of curiosity, since the body was found in Scurry County, and if it turns out to be Hailey who is from another county (I cannot recall the name of the county wherein she lived), then which county would have jurisdiction over any criminal arrests and proceedings?

Also, utilizing the answer to the above question, how often does the Grand Jury meet in said county and on what dates?

My thinking is that it is possible that a Grand Jury may convene in order to indict a specific person or persons prior to the identity of these remains being made public.

Once they have identified remains, they inform relatives, they don't wait to convene grand juries.

If this was HD, we would know about it by now.

Once they have identified remains, they inform relatives, they don't wait to convene grand juries.

Normally I would say yes, but I don't know on this one. We have heard nothing. They know something at this point, yet, nothing....

Not if the lab is backlogged and they have no results yet.

Personally, I find it hard to believe they couldn't ramrod it through. Are high profile cases treated differently in the queue?

It took me three days to drive across Texas and only hours to drive across Indiana. There have to be many more cases to deal with in Texas. I think LE knows if it is Haily Dunn. They are probably still trying to gather as much evidence as possible. Bones could still be found at the discovery site, Animals scatter them 1/4 mile in all directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc