Decorah Iowa, Bald Eagle Cam-Watch the babies hatch :)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
she doesn't seem to be sitting as far down as she was.. maybe it's just the camera angle or maybe it's because it's not quite as windy as it was

As a grownup, have you ever just wanted to start a whole new job/career path? Some of you may be younger, but for me - I'm 43... But I'd love to do something like this, or be a photographer, or an archaeologist.... or marine biologist...
:rocker:

I just turned 40 and I think about it every other day!!!

she doesn't seem to be sitting as far down as she was.. maybe it's just the camera angle or maybe it's because it's not quite as windy as it was

I just had the same thought. lol

haha, I am glad I am not alone. I am 38 and keep telling my husband that I want to work for the FBI. I get a lot of eye rolls from him. :innocent:

In the 4th grade we did a big study on King Tut. I said then that I wanted to be an Egyptologist. I've seen a lot of specials recently on Egypt. That would be my first choice.

So we can be a band of picture-taking, crime-solving, investigative animal biologists, who also dig for clues at archaeological sites...

:D

UGBH they switched spots and I couldn't see anything

In the 4th grade we did a big study on King Tut. I said then that I wanted to be an Egyptologist. I've seen a lot of specials recently on Egypt. That would be my first choice.

LaWanda... we lived in Egypt for about a year or so - 2000/2001, for DH's job. I was not into Egypt at all until after we moved there, and kept wishing that I had known more about Egyptology. I did dig in the sand every time we were in the desert or a wadi, hoping to find an ancient skull. No lie. My husband just put up with it so patiently. I did find bones but they're probably just camel bones - LOL!

I've always wanted to be a veterinarian however I just don't have the math aptitude for the pharmacology and chemistry classes

Suppertime here... taking the laptop to the dinner table. ;)

Ok, so this one's eye feathers are darker than the others. Now if we could only tell which is Mom and which is Pop.

I know someone mentioned earlier that the female was bigger... Here's more info:

Q: How can you tell the difference between a male and female adult bald eagle?
A: Visually, they look identical, but as with most raptors, the female is larger (heavier and bigger) than the male. Sometimes this is clearly visible in a pair, when you see both together at the nest, but otherwise, we are just guessing. In the hand, biologists can differentiate male versus female using two key body size measurements, the depth of the bill (beak) and the length of the hallux talon, on the rear toe. These measurements are plugged in to a neat formula developed by eagle biologist Gary Bortolotti back in the early 1980's, based on numerous measurements of eagles of known sex.

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/eagle/ExpertAnswer06.html

I've always wanted to be a veterinarian however I just don't have the math aptitude for the pharmacology and chemistry classes

I thought about it but decided that the first time someone came in with some poor dog who had been run over, I'd break down... :no:

Me too Belimom. I was thinking about being an EMT, but one guy told me that his first call was a fatal car accident. He found out when he got on scene that it was a childhood friend. That was also his last call. I couldn't do it. I have such a soft heart.

I've worked a vet tech and loved it, i'm lucky blood and gore don't bother me much! I think even with a tutor I'd be toast in those classes LOL Algebra 2 ticked me off so bad i dropped out of high school :banghead::banghead:

I ended up getting my GED and going on to college.. but never made it past that class. That is something I'd like to do one day even if it takes years for me to catch on :)

Peeps - that's what is odd: blood/gore don't bother me, but a hurting animal does. I would be better with helping hurting people than hurting animals... :eek:

I wish I was one of those people who can take something they're bad at or take something someone says negative about them and turn it around into.. "I'll show you". Unfortunately I turn into a shrinking violet and then stew over it for years.. in this case it's been 16 years since that stupid algebra class LOL

Go for it, peeps! I LOVE math - I'll help you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy