Defense FINALLY Begins Depo Process

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Team Baez claims:
"Discovery that was given to us last week has substantially important things in it from Melich that they've held back from us since August 2008," said Cheney Mason, with Casey Anthony's defense. Mason said the discovery concerns cell phone pings and new witnesses they want to talk with but he stopped short of calling them suspects"
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/september/149660/Detective-testifies-in-Casey-case

I read that too, whiteangora, and I can't figure out what cell pings they could be talking about. I think our masters on the pings had them all mapped out. I wasn't aware any were missing. But I sure could be wrong ~ it's been so long ago. Anyone else remember if there were any that would seem suspicious to the defense team or any that were missing?

Oh, maybe they're not referring to Casey's cell phone pings. We only had hers. Maybe they have found something suspicious in someone else's pings and are getting ready to kronk someone else?

Sorry, I'm slow tonight I guess or just one-track minded.

Oh, maybe they're not referring to Casey's cell phone pings. We only had hers. Maybe they have found something suspicious in someone else's pings and are getting ready to kronk someone else?

I know Baez thought he could get his hands on Tony L cell phone pings when he was trying to get his cell phone records.

Originally Posted by whiteangora
Team Baez claims:
"Discovery that was given to us last week has substantially important things in it from Melich that they've held back from us since August 2008," said Cheney Mason, with Casey Anthony's defense. Mason said the discovery concerns cell phone pings and new witnesses they want to talk with but he stopped short of calling them suspects"

In all fairness, LDB did inform the court and Baez at that last status hearing. She had just gone through the detectives folders and took out some reports she didn't have. Then told Baez, that's this (holding in her hand) that is part of this last discovery I filed (and was going to hand it to him)...Baez can't cry about it now if the state had just gotten their hands on it..JMHO

He needs to stop flapping those lips and get going, start investigating he still has 8 months!!

Whoever said upthread that Mason doesn't think this is fun now are spot on...LOL I just have a vision of him in my head, scratching and thinking what the heck did I get into??? JMHO

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

In all fairness, LDB did inform the court and Baez at that last status hearing. She had just gone through the detectives folders and took out some reports she didn't have. Then told Baez, that's this (holding in her hand) that is part of this last discovery I filed (and was going to hand it to him)...Baez can't cry about it now if the state had just gotten their hands on it..JMHO

He needs to stop flapping those lips and get going, start investigating he still has 8 months!!

Whoever said upthread that Mason doesn't think this is fun now are spot on...LOL I just have a vision of him in my head, scratching and thinking what the heck did I get into??? JMHO

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Jinx! I was just going to bring up the comments from the status hearing. The state was also going to get an image of YM's hard drive.

I read that too, whiteangora, and I can't figure out what cell pings they could be talking about. I think our masters on the pings had them all mapped out. I wasn't aware any were missing. But I sure could be wrong ~ it's been so long ago. Anyone else remember if there were any that would seem suspicious to the defense team or any that were missing?

I don't know what they're hinting around at but this other statement makes me wonder...

"Mason and Baez said the new evidence is favorable to Anthony and that depositions earlier this week with state experts are helping them make their case that Casey Anthony isn't guilty."

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/september/149660/Detective-testifies-in-Casey-case

I don't know what they're hinting around at but this other statement makes me wonder...

"Mason and Baez said the new evidence is favorable to Anthony and that depositions earlier this week with state experts are helping them make their case that Casey Anthony isn't guilty."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57tK6aQS_H0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57tK6aQS_H0[/ame]

Team Baez claims:

Time will tell if this ever amounts to anything, like the inspection of the car trunk and forensic evidence the Defense are going to use every opportunity to spin (lie) to get the news out that things are progressing well in their favor and to take a shot at the SA/LE.

They made a big song and dance when the 'experts' examined the forensic evidence but we have not heard anything since.

I take this with a grain of salt until I see something definitive because JB would want to take a swipe at YM either way, for ICA.

Remember .... the spin starts here (in this thread from the Defense).

Haha, very good! Makes me think ol' JB is just -

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8xff2X46A[/ame]

BBM sorry for the OT but tonight I was on the phone with customer service from someone with a thick middle eastern accent (go figure). Anyhooo I was reading a serial number to her and saying F-as-in-frank, H-as-in-Harry, and I got to K and I said K-as-in and I was THIS close to saying Kronk and I caught myself. She would have no idea what I was talking about! And that would make two of us:angel:

Fox 35 had almost the same footage of Baez and Mason as CFNews13 - but on Fox I heard someone say that they had a pen register (tap) and I gathered that the pings they were talking about were of someone completely unknown up to this point.

We should see this discovery next week sometime. :woohoo:

Also, keep in mind that CFNews13 is the MOST Baez-friendly station here. FWIW :banghead:

Fox 35 had almost the same footage of Baez and Mason as CFNews13 - but on Fox I heard someone say that they had a pen register (tap) and I gathered that the pings they were talking about were of someone completely unknown up to this point.

We should see this discovery next week sometime. :woohoo:

Also, keep in mind that CFNews13 is the MOST Baez-friendly station here. FWIW :banghead:

I hope we do see something next week. And, in case anyone is wondering what a pen register is (like I was wondering) it's explained here:
https://ssd.eff.org/wire/govt/pen-registers

Well this is just annoying and ridiculous....

'"It's pretty remarkable the state would be hiding stuff or just not giving it to us. What if this case had gone to trial a year or a year and a half ago?" Mason said.'

I can answer that, you would have had it.

This line....

'Detective Melich will be questioned again as attorneys did not finish.'

...here come more stalling tactics. My money on this is being brought up at the next status hearing.

Well this is just annoying and ridiculous....

'"It's pretty remarkable the state would be hiding stuff or just not giving it to us. What if this case had gone to trial a year or a year and a half ago?" Mason said.'

I can answer that, you would have had it.

This line....

'Detective Melich will be questioned again as attorneys did not finish.'

...here come more stalling tactics. My money on this is being brought up at the next status hearing.

BBM - I think LDB specifically mentioned this new "old" evidence at the last hearing. I don't think HHJP will give hime any more extensions or whine time. YM should have been deposed long ago.

^ personally would love to see him continuously bring this up, just so I could witness him being slapped down again.....agree, he'll get no traction on whining about not being able to complete work that he's had plenty of time to do.

I don't get it...why should there be any surprises? Hasn't Baez's client told him the truth?

ITA, nums24 - Baez should have deposed YM along with a lot of others wayyyyyy before now. I really, really hope that he is eventually forced to provide an accounting of his spending the $250K (+ who knows how much more). Is this something that is actually going to be allowed to slide by???

ITA, nums24 - Baez should have deposed YM along with a lot of others wayyyyyy before now. I really, really hope that he is eventually forced to provide an accounting of his spending the $250K (+ who knows how much more). Is this something that is actually going to be allowed to slide by???

I'm willing to bet that the accounting that was shown in-camera will be one of the most requested items once the trial is over, one of the media outlets will go to court for it if need be. I'm just not sure if it automatically gets unsealed or if certain items get unsealed, you know like George's suicide note?

BBM sorry for the OT but tonight I was on the phone with customer service from someone with a thick middle eastern accent (go figure). Anyhooo I was reading a serial number to her and saying F-as-in-frank, H-as-in-Harry, and I got to K and I said K-as-in and I was THIS close to saying Kronk and I caught myself. She would have no idea what I was talking about! And that would make two of us:angel:

----------------
:clap::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::laugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence