Defense finds something new in old evidence?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bear in mind Mr. Baez....
OMG, Judge Perry is going to take these two to school!!!!
You say you do not want the press to know...then you release a statement to the press. You just can't make this stuff up!!!!

So if defense wants to use this new evidence don't they have to release the information in discovery? Unless, of course, SA has already released it and JB skipped over it. I mean JB still thinks Dr. Lee discovered 17 hairs...... jmo

Maybe they found the outline of a heart sticker on the duct tape?

Well of course they have because they never took advantage of the fact that the evidence has been available to them for inspection for over a year. The real thing is always better to look at than a picture.....hello, Mr. JB??? Or it could be that Dr. Lee said, "Uh oh. Car still stink. Can't be pizza." lol

This is TOO FUNNY!!!:floorlaugh:

This has to be the absolute funniest thread I've read to date. You all are amazing!

Maybe HL found a fingernail, skin cells or hair of a hispanic women, AKA, Zanny the Nanny! Wouldn't that be convenient. If I were on the jury nothing HL testified to would mean squat to me. I hope Baez and Mason lost their lunch when they smelled the car, and I hope that smell stays in their nose for days to remind them of what their client did.

Wow...just when I thought it was safe to watch...anything on this case...

New evidence...okay...so lets have it...turn over the discovery...so we can all enjoy it...

(remember in school getting caught whispering in class...please share with the rest of us...)

Can't wait until tomorrow...looking forward to watching HHJP in action.

The defense is going to ask for more money for testing:

snipped:

Casey’s lawyers want a new round of testing at taxpayer expense. Defense attorney Jose Baez claims his experts have made some discoveries over the last two days and he will to ask Chief Judge Belvin Perry to allow defense testing of the items in question.

Defense testing of evidence is not unusual, but in this case, the taxpayers would pay for it.

http://www.wftv.com/news/24253362/detail.html

So what happened was this:

Cheney went into OCSO yesterday, with his panties in a wad (or his boots too tight) crying to Baez about Kathi Belich. After Baez' flunkies watched the Wonder Woman Video on WS, Baez lost it. He schemed and schemed all night and day, and came back with this proclamation about the evidence. TWA is right, you can't make this up!

Oh my what a sandwich! On one side, CM doing his jackass stint, on the other side, a hearing that will be memorable and in the middle some brand spanking new old evidence.

"Obviously there is a lot you can see (when you inspect the actual evidence) that doesn't show up in a photograph."

If it is so "obvious", why are they just now getting around to inspecting it?
If he truly believed that you can see so much more in person, why didn't the whole caravan show up at the first opportunity afforded them? After all, the State wants to kill his client. Surely he could offer a better defense than to wait all this time before even looking at the evidence.

BBM...They can see better now that the tax payers are paying for their new glasses and eye exam...they simply couldn't afford good health care before:waitasec:

The defense is going to ask for more money for testing:

snipped:

Casey’s lawyers want a new round of testing at taxpayer expense. Defense attorney Jose Baez claims his experts have made some discoveries over the last two days and he will to ask Chief Judge Belvin Perry to allow defense testing of the items in question.

Defense testing of evidence is not unusual, but in this case, the taxpayers would pay for it.

http://www.wftv.com/news/24253362/detail.html

And that is why the defense waited so long before "looking" at the evidence. They had to make sure that all of the "defense funds" were used up first so that they wouldn't have to pay for it.

MOO

Well, there seems to be a fair share of "jackasses" distributed through out this case. I was bemoaning that I had an appointment tomorrow and would miss the "hearing", now ..well not so much.

Scripted.

Of course JB is going to claim that they found new evidence as soon as it was prudent. He has to open the doors to the potential of other opportunities to float SODDI.

Whether they find anything new or not you can guarantee they are going to claim it to further seed reasonable doubt and, you can bet your last dollar that whatever the SA experts say the Defense experts will counter .... Black is White and Up is really Down.

JB is just using the media spotlight to bluff and set the current blog debate on possibilities for new evidence as a distraction from what are they reviewing and why. If you are open to something being missed or new you are open to other possibilities.

Well stated!

This is psychology 101. JB is actually saying, "WE found new evidence. So the state's forensic team isn't so good at finding all the evidence there is, and if they missed this piece of evidence, they've likely missed more.

It's one-ups-man-ship........"our experts are better than your experts." But it's all a bluff in order to make the public (jury pool) think there could be something new that was missed.

Are we talking about new evidence or a new theory about the evidence they have inspected? jmo

Hahahaha - translated to mean THEY saw something that THEY hadn't seen before, cause they didn't look at the photographs very well. Of course the SA has seen it, and we've probably seen it - but THEY hadn't noticed it before. If you read it closely - he's not saying he (they) saw NEW evidence NO ONE saw before.

Duh.

either way, this makes JB look bad. Either he is lying and he didn't find any evidence, in which case, well that makes him a liar

OR

He found new evidence that he should have looked for two years ago and his client perhaps could have made bond. nahhhhhhhh I think it's the first one!

According to WFTV, Jose Baez is saying the defense experts found something new in the evidence they are looking at. Hmmm. Here's a snip from the article:

The defense claims they've made some discoveries.

“There's things you see that you can't see in pictures, that you can’t see in pictures that you see in person,” Baez said.

The defense won't tell WFTV what they've found that they didn't know before or the extent of their discoveries. They do not want WFTV to know exactly what they're looking at, even though the sheriff's office is videotaping and that tape will eventually be released.

How it can be possible for them find something new after all of this time, especially with the questionable Dr. Lee there? I'm thinking Baez is just saying that to make it look like they've found something. I don't think there's any way that all of a sudden new evidence can show up on the same evidence LE has already scoured.

What do you guys think? And what possibly could they have found?

Thanks for this thread :)

I haven't had a chance to see all the ideas have other posted here and I apologize if it has already been mentioned but, if the defense took samples or spent any unusual amount of time on any particular item, the SA will see that from the videos and from in-person observers. I would think that they would take a second look at any of such items.

I just think it's highly idiotic after it's been what, two years since LE looked at this evidence and just NOW the defense is looking at it, and presto! New evidence that LE couldn't have possibly found and obviously looked over! But nanananana, nobody can know about it! HaHa, we know something you don't know and we're not going to tell you! Still schoolyard, how ridiculous.

It's like any good PR is just beyond their abilities here. All they seem to be able to do is make Casey look worse and worse, and she just loves her boys still. Well, we'll see how happy she is after tomorrow's hearing, won't we?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Best Online Jewellery Mar
Back