Defense Team's Horrible Display Celebrating

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cheney Mason, keepin' it classy.

wl2jqx.jpg

First thing that came to mind when I saw this...

Chaney Mason,
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 16:18

Also...I'm sure your wife really enjoyed seeing you making a spectacle of yourself..makes for nice convo at the garden parties, teas and on the golf course. Bet your Grandkids are thrilled too. :bravo:

CM behavior is disgusting! His gesture defines the DT. JB argued against the gag order in the beginning, and courted the media at every chance. He appeared on every interview program that would have him. When CM joined the DT, he too courted the media until reporters started asking him some pointed questions he had no answers for.

It was extremely poor taste for the DT to celebrate in this manner, in a place so near the courthouse and in view of the public. It was an "in your face" type of celebration with complete disregard for those who were so upset with the jury's verdict.

And, of course, total disrespect for the death of Caylee. A two-year-old child was murdered and the defense team "won" by getting an acquittal for her murderer, and then has a party to celebrate. :no:

I do not approve of his behavior however I can understand his feelings towards the press. IMO. Unprofessional Yes, Unstandable Yes

They CLOSED a restaurant for the celebration but yet JVM was outside IMO inciting a riot. They were kept away from the area by guards stationed outside the restaurant but yet she keep pointing to them, screaming into the TV and having the camera zoomed up to the window. I'd be angry too.

They had a right to celebrate, maybe not that close to the Court house but it is what it is. They just finished 3+ years defending someone that is the most hated person in the world and she was said to be not guilty. They were the most hated/made fun DT in the Country....I can fully understand what he was communicating to the Press.

ETA: I don't think it would matter where they celebrated..the Media hounds would have followed them no matter if it was 50 miles away.

A picture speaks a thousand words

and cannot be retracted

It's for posterity

Cheney Mason has a lot of nerve repremanding the same media that he went to, before joining the DT, and proclaimed that KC was guilty. It's sick that he is celebrating.
And if anyone believes that JB seriously thinks today is solemn (as he parties), think again...he'll have no problem swimming in the blood money he has and will make on this.

ETA-BTW, I believe Johnny Cochran deserved every cent and bit of fame he got after OJ. He actually earned it/the prosecution lost it.
I totally agree with the first paragraph.

Regarding the OJ verdict it follows the same path as ICA's. The jury was not from the city of the crime but from downtown LA which would be more likely to acquit. same scenario.

Yeah, Cheney Mason should be indignant at naysayers and proud of what he and the stellar defense team did. They were actually able to confuse an already indifferent jury who didn't want to be there in the first place, and who seemed too bored with science to even bother with it, or with any of the evidence for that matter. And there was probably a Three's Company marathon coming up on some local channel back in their home town that they didn't want to miss. What an accomplishment!

Oh, and never mind the part where a child murderer walks free.

LOL I'm just watching Bill OReilly and he is showing CM's finger photo. Hope the Fl bar is watching this.

His guest also spoke about Baez's penchant for arrogance and CM having a flair for media attention himself. Hope he gets a lot of it with his infamous third finger. What a way to ride out your legal career!

Now that my sadness has turned to anger, I found myself staring at the TV in horror and disgust today while Bill O'Reilly showed Geraldo's interview with Cheney "Keepin it classy" Mason and Jose Baez. Geraldo proclaimed it the "World Exclusive" interview. I immediately changed the channel as soon as he said that. Below you will find the email I sent to Fox News Channel, Bill O'Reilly, Wounded Warriors Project and a multitude of sponsors. We, as Americans and victim advocates, MUST put a stop to this. Only WE can demand higher standards for our media outlets and anchors. We must tell them we DO NOT want to hear this trash and we will show our feelings by not supporting them or the people that pay their bills. We should never allow the further victimization of Caylee Marie simply for ratings or exclusive interviews.

Mr. O'Reilly,
I have been a loyal viewer and listener for many years, have purchased several of your books and support the Wounded Warriors Project. I cannot express how deeply disappointed I am with you and Fox News for giving one single second of air time to Jose Baez and Cheney Mason. Mr. Classy Mason, the lewd gesture flinging "professional" and Mr. Baez do not deserve to be in the spotlight. Nor do they deserve to be given a pulpit to further bolster their primary objective: fame and profit. Nothing more. Nothing less. You have perpetuated more disrespect onto precious Caylee in doing so. In addition, Geraldo Rivera's time has come and gone. Why do you continue to let him represent you? He is as vile as Casey Anthony and her defense team, in my opinion. I will no longer watch The Factor, listen to your radio show, watch Fox News or support any of your advertisers or charities. I intend to notify each of them as to the reason why they have lost my family's contribution. I urge you to reflect on the caliber of character of your guests in the future. You are better than this garbage.

I was so disgusted with CM's gesture, and it suddenly struck me why. We saw ICA partying for 31 days, and it doesn't matter to me whether it was murder or accidental death, what mother does that? The case started with people partying while Caylee was dead and ended with partying when her mother was found not guilty.

She sure had the right DT. They are made out of the same cloth, IMHO, people who dance on the grave of a child.

CM's crude gesture, shows that like his client and the lead attorney, they all have poor impulse control.

JA, now there's a man with class IMHO!

And then there was that lanky, curly-blondish-haired ((her name escapes me,
and I don't care...)) Defense Lawyer, at the bistro across the street,
JUMPING UP AND DOWN IN SHEER, UNFETTERED GLEE!!!

Evil incarnate.

She should be.......I cannot say......:maddening:

Then... did you see her taking pics of the press/people outside the restaurant, after she was jumping up and down. How old IS this woman.... 5??? :sick:

"A Florida attorney has filed a Bar complaint against Cheney Mason, who he said has brought the profession into disrepute. In the complaint, lawyer John Thompson said that Mr Mason violated Bar rules for 'Maintaining the integrity of the profession'."

Full article: Cheney Mason faces disciplinary action

According to TMZ....

"an official COMPLAINT has been filed against Mason with the Florida Bar Association because of the finger ... in which Cheney is accused of violating a code of conduct which requires lawyers to maintain "integrity of the profession.""

I long suspected that CM and JB had no integrity. That picture just proves that my hunch was correct. I'm glad that I'm not the only one seeing this, and I hope that these complaints result in sanctions or whatever it is the FL Bar does to punish lawyers who act unprofessionally.

I do not approve of his behavior however I can understand his feelings towards the press. IMO. Unprofessional Yes, Unstandable Yes

They CLOSED a restaurant for the celebration but yet JVM was outside IMO inciting a riot. They were kept away from the area by guards stationed outside the restaurant but yet she keep pointing to them, screaming into the TV and having the camera zoomed up to the window. I'd be angry too.

They had a right to celebrate, maybe not that close to the Court house but it is what it is. They just finished 3+ years defending someone that is the most hated person in the world and she was said to be not guilty. They were the most hated/made fun DT in the Country....I can fully understand what he was communicating to the Press.

ETA: I don't think it would matter where they celebrated..the Media hounds would have followed them no matter if it was 50 miles away.

EXACTLY!! We don't know what that middle finger salute is in response to, do we? Some of the crazy mob or the media could have been yelling insults at them or even threatening them.. who wouldn't respond?
I don't begrudge them their celebration, and I think they should have taken it to a more private place, BUT it wouldn't matter where they went, the media would have followed them and played it up to up their ratings. I'm disgusted with HLN after all this.
Aside from that, I don't think they are acting any worse than the idiotic protestors who are carrying offensive signs and screaming Baby Killer and saying the JURY is guilty of murder. Most of them are just clamoring to get on camera. Makes me sick.

Okay, people, don't pillory me for this, but I think the defense had a perfect right to celebrate. Even tho I disagree with how they presented their case, and think they were stupid to go along with Casey's version of events, unless they knew FOR SURE it wasn't true, they did their job.

I understand how they feel. They took on possibly the most unpopular defendant on the face of the earth outside of Bin Laden. She was entitled to representation. Baez, still a green lawyer, has been vindicated by a jury who made a mistake because they didn't think the prosecution proved their case.

I think Nancy Grace made this case almost impossible to win as well. http://news.yahoo.com/did-nancy-grace-cause-casey-anthony-case-bad-215600986.html

I don't really blame Cheney for his "up yours."
(see it here -- http://humbleopinionforum.net/2011/07/06/cheney-mason-drunk-and-disorderly/

I do not begrudge the DT a "celebration" but I cannot understand how CM can act in this manner regardless of whom the action was aimed.
Of course he could probably care less about my opinion or anyone else's for that matter but why would one stoop to the same low class behavior as those he was complaining about in the press conference?
I would have been more open to his complaints about the press if he had expressed his opinion in a more mature way. One expects this kind of behavior from so-called journalists but not a professional.

I do not begrudge the DT a "celebration" but I cannot understand how CM can act in this manner regardless of whom the action was aimed.
Of course he could probably care less about my opinion or anyone else's for that matter but why would one stoop to the same low class behavior as those he was complaining about in the press conference?
I would have been more open to his complaints about the press if he had expressed his opinion in a more mature way. One expects this kind of behavior from so-called journalists but not a professional.

Well, if you'd been villified like they were, I think you'd be ticked off as well, as the feeling of vindication was justified. He probably did have a drink or two in him, and he is human. I thought it was funny. JMO. And his opinion about the press at the press conference was spot on.

If they could have gotten an Orlando jury, Casey would NOT have gotten off.

I don't mind their big celebration, the champagne etc. They are a defense team, a case is all business to them, they went in to win like any competition. They have no feelings for the dead child and no real feelings for Casey either (my opinion)

They are in this for their future, their reputation. So...they won a big one. Celebration is in order, I just think they should do it in private and not in public.

Again, this is what I expect from most defense attorney's.

(except Mark Eiglarsh who I would marry)

I don't mind their big celebration, the champagne etc. They are a defense team, a case is all business to them, they went in to win like any competition. They have no feelings for the dead child and no real feelings for Casey either (my opinion)

They are in this for their future, their reputation. So...they won a big one. Celebration is in order, I just think they should do it in private and not in public.

Again, this is what I expect from most defense attorney's.

(except Mark Eiglarsh who I would marry)

I think they went there because they'd BEEN going there all through the trial, and figured they owed it to the owner, on some level.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus
Back