Defense wants prosecutor Jeff Ashton held in contempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From JA's FB page:
"There have been questions about Mason's motion to have me held in contempt. Fear not my friends just another desperate attempt by Mason to get noticed and throw some mud. My actions as always were above reproach. Rita and I are taking the kids on a trip after christmas. Have a happy holiday everyone. Stay tuned for big news after the new year , See you then"

bet he's going to run for SA !!! :great:

BBM. The prosecution had just as much say in picking the jury as the defense did. Shouldn't some of the responsibility for seating such a "bad" jury rest with Jeff Ashton?

How did it work out for JA? Despite his disappointment with a jury that only cared about movies, snacks and cruises while he was fighting for a murdered child, I'm glad to say I think it's working well for JA personally, even though I suspect he'd trade a lot of it to have seen real justice in this case. The public knows the difference in innocence and not guilty and remembers that what matters is not winning or losing, it's how you play the game. He is respected and admired for his work on the case, is seen as having been a champion for Caylee, has a best selling book, a media tour speaking to full houses, and has sold rights to a movie based on his book. Has a lovely family supporting him, and I'm guessing his professional future looks pretty bright, IMO.

OTOH, FCA and her DT can't seem to get anyone intere$ted in them. She is basically a pariah in society with no family to turn to, but a whole slew of people lining up in court to sue her. JB has never had any standing to speak of, but now he is basically a laughing stock who can only depend on his buddy Geraldo to get his name in the media. CM and wife have lost friends and club memberships over his alignment with the devil and with his behavior after the trial, and with every new action seems determined to destroy what was once considered a good reputation in the legal community and local media. The DT's dreams of stardom and financial gain once the trial was over are dashed, and their disgusting client is free instead in prison as they'd expected. She is a noose around their necks, and one that is probably chafing and feeling pretty tight these days.

As far as JA using a co-author, I think that was a very wise decision. He is a lawyer, after all, not a professional writer, and simply had enough sense to turn to people who are experts in their field for help telling his story and getting it published in a timely manner. Now if CM isn't using one, I'd hope his writing is better and more clear than his speaking, and that he keeps his ego under control a little better in print than in life. Not that I'd read it, but just trying to be compassionate toward those who might try...

Sure we want to go there? If I recall, Mr. Ashton had announced his retirement prior to the Anthony case, thought about it, realized win or lose, it would be a cash cow case for his retirement, and changed his mind. At 54, I am sure he could have had a few more good years putting away the bad people of Florida.

Is it your belief that Ashton continued doing his job in the prosecutor's office in the year before retirement only because he suddenly decided he wanted to become an author? I don't follow.

He is saying he DID it for profit, not that he Can't do it for profit. )

ETA, the judge ruled that he could use his notes and recollections and that's EXACTLY what he did.

I don't understand what you mean . . . but the contempt motion is 2-fold

1) Ashton using sealed documents (which we know he did not; he used his noted & recollections of those documents), and

2) Ashton is making a profit from the case

so my question above is in the earlier motion submitted to the Court, was the stipulation on the DT specifically or on anyone (DT, FKC, Anthonys, Ashton, Padilla, etc.)?

Sure we want to go there? If I recall, Mr. Ashton had announced his retirement prior to the Anthony case, thought about it, realized win or lose, it would be a cash cow case for his retirement, and changed his mind. At 54, I am sure he could have had a few more good years putting away the bad people of Florida.

I would like a link to his words on this. Or are you putting words in his mouth?

Signs of old age.....loss of memory, difficulty in speech, increased irritability, acting childish. I imagine the finger gesture could fit in there somewhere. jmo

How would he have known that? How could he predict that JB would go running off at the mouth with the media? How could be predict JB would say no to a gag order. SA did not hold press conferences, go on GR, NG and other media outlets. At the time there were no high profile attorneys willing to work for nothing. How would he have known???? Did he have a secret meeting with JB and JB told him this is how I plan to work it so we can both make money after the trial??? In the beginning no one knew how this case was going to take off. No one. And for certain everyone thought the A's were just an average American family. Surprise, surprise. jmo

Mirror to OCA: 'How many times do I have to tell ya? Stop snarling and I'll be able to give you a better answer'

Perhaps the mirror is saying, "No matter what you did to her, it's still Caylee." jmo

As it did July 5, 2011.

So with truth was it, the nanny did it, ZFG jumped in in JBP, Kronk did it, GA did it or the pool did it???? Easy to get lost in all these "truths". jmo

Go where? Your statement is filled with opinion, not fact. The fact is Ashton planned to retire until LDB approached him with this case. He was intrigued by the forensics and postponed his retirement until the end of the case. As for the case being a "cash cow" those are your words, not his. At 54, he dedicated more than half of his life to fighting crime in the state of Florida. That deserves reward rather than belittling.

From JA's FB page:
"There have been questions about Mason's motion to have me held in contempt. Fear not my friends just another desperate attempt by Mason to get noticed and throw some mud. My actions as always were above reproach. Rita and I are taking the kids on a trip after christmas. Have a happy holiday everyone. Stay tuned for big news after the new year , See you then"

Sounds like CM's got Mr Ashton running for his life :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
NOT!

How would he have known, win or lose, this case would be a cash cow for his retirement? It was called "the trial of the century"; I think even Jeff Ashton realized that post verdict he would be able to make money off the trial.

True, during the trial, the SA didn't hold press conferences, go on GR, NG and other media outlets, but since he announced his intent to write the book, and since it's been published, Jeff Ashton has sure made up for lost time.

How would he have known that? How could he predict that JB would go running off at the mouth with the media? How could be predict JB would say no to a gag order. SA did not hold press conferences, go on GR, NG and other media outlets. At the time there were no high profile attorneys willing to work for nothing. How would he have known???? Did he have a secret meeting with JB and JB told him this is how I plan to work it so we can both make money after the trial??? In the beginning no one knew how this case was going to take off. No one. And for certain everyone thought the A's were just an average American family. Surprise, surprise. jmo

As it did July 5, 2011.

If you accept that as truth, then do be it. You accept that Casey Anthony played no role in the death of Caylee Marie Anthony? You fully accept that Caylee died in the Anthony pool. Okay. Which one do you accept as the truth... that Caylee got into the pool herself or that Caylee died when George was molesting Caylee in the pool.

Must be nice to have such a variety of truth to choose from, huh?

How can you slam someone who was looking for justice for a 2 year old who was murdered and then thrown out like trash in a swamp? This isn't about FCA. This is about Caylee! Remember her?? FCA is happy as a clam doing what she does best, NOTHING. I would think you would be happy. You won so what's with all the negative posts about Ashton? Is it because everyone loves him??

How can you slam someone who was looking for justice for a 2 year old who was murdered and then thrown out like trash in a swamp? This isn't about FCA. This is about Caylee! Remember her?? FCA is happy as a clam doing what she does best, NOTHING. I would think you would be happy. You won so what's with all the negative posts about Ashton? Is it because everyone loves him??

Jealousy. Just plain old fashioned jealousy.

As it did July 5, 2011.

Well, if that's the case, they why the need to even post anything or comment here at all? if OCA won, she and her DT and and all of her supporters should be happy and ride off into the sunset with her and celebrate her bella vita, and not worry about what anyone else is saying or thinking, or even writing. Why worry about JA's book if the truth prevailed at the trial? OCA and her DT should be living the High Life then, Wonder why she is not, unless their whole defense was built on lie upon lie upon lie upon another lie.

Why the need to keep insisting the truth prevailed and OCA won?????? why the need to keep telling all of us other folk that OCA won???

IMO, MOO, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout
Back