Defense What is their strategy? #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they insisting she'll be found "innocent" or are they saying "not guilty" or "acquitted"? There's a big difference between "innocent" and the other two.
Sort of reminded me of MG with the SP trial, they were going to show the court who the "real" killer was. Somehow that never happened. I wonder if they plan on placing blame on someone else, this is JB's style, or just fighting the evidence that is presented.

How about this S A D story from KC>........

OH.... Poor ZANNY/Nanny ZFG.... She Kidnapped little Caylee to teach me:mad:
a lesson..........then.......... a TERRIBLE *ACCIDENT* little Caylee ran and tripped and fell into a roll of Duct TAPE and died...
and
Zanny.... could Not return her... to me LIKE THE INSTRUCTIONS....
of the:waitasec:
TIMER 55 said... So she had to stage it to make it :rolleyes:
L@@K like I did it... she put her in the trunk of my car... then later...
picked her up and put her into the Laundry Hamper and later the garbage bag and tossed her down the street from my home.
BUT.................. I did ~NOT~ do it... It was an accident ~
Now................. Zanny/Nanny ZFG has disappeared o f f the face of
the earth.... and I am left here in jail ALL Alone... eating snacks...:cool:

W E L L...................
:bang:
JMO
jjgram

*** GOD ~ Will ~ indeed Get *JUSTICE* for Little Angel "CAYLEE" ~

You are right. IF the defense goes with an accident theory, Casey HAS to take the stand.

IMO

Even if they never use one word she spoke to them on the trip around Orlando and off to visit Universal, she signed a statement the night before saying she gave Caylee to ZFG at Sawgrass. If Baez wants to introduce the story of JBP as the "true" story, or if he wants to introduce yet another story of an accident, Casey will need to take the stand. thread here. First post is the statement (the red is Patty G's comments).

I have a legal question. Not sure if it is ok to post here.

Is the defense required to tell the prosecution what their DEFENSE will be before the trial? Reason I ask is, if the defense is sticking with the Zanny story then prosecution will have to prepare to debunk it? Same with accident? OR does the prosecution go in there only to prove she killed Caylee and the defense can throw many different scenarios up on the wall hoping one will stick?

Even if they never use one word she spoke to them on the trip around Orlando and off to visit Universal, she signed a statement the night before saying she gave Caylee to ZFG at Sawgrass. If Baez wants to introduce the story of JBP as the "true" story, or if he wants to introduce yet another story of an accident, Casey will need to take the stand. thread here. First post is the statement (the red is Patty G's comments).
That's right, this statement is going to nip any defense maneuvering right in the butt. Then they also have the wonderful, long, taped interview with Casey where they give her every chance in the world to offer up another explanation, yet she sticks to her guns, Zenaida did it ! I have wondered if they have the video portion to those tapes...I hope they do.

jjgram - no offense and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but why do you post in that way? It is really hard to read and so I skip over your posts.

Sorry not meant to be mean just a thought for you.

That's right, this statement is going to nip any defense maneuvering right in the butt. Then they also have the wonderful, long, taped interview with Casey where they give her every chance in the world to offer up another explanation, yet she sticks to her guns, Zenaida did it ! I have wondered if they have the video portion to those tapes...I hope they do.

I don't believe that interview was videotaped. It was in a conference room at Universal and all LE had was a tape recorder, IIRC.

jjgram - no offense and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but why do you post in that way? It is really hard to read and so I skip over your posts.

Sorry not meant to be mean just a thought for you.
Just another opinion. No disrespect.

I think jjgrams posts are great.

A unique style and format, which I find very attractive.

If you do bother to read they are often brilliant! IMO

Just another opinion. No disrespect.

I think jjgrams posts are great.

A unique style and format, which I find very attractive.

If you do bother to read they are often brilliant! IMO

oh I read them and I agree. Just difficult to read, maybe it doesn't work with my brain.

"Also, Casey has another new lawyer. Todd Macaluso, an attorney from San Diego who specializes in plane and car crashes, has joined her defense team."

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18841582/detail.html

What does this mean for the defense? Are they going to say Casey was in a car accident?

Good grief ! Could it be they will say- KC ran from her mother choking her to death and backed over the child accidently, and allowed the child to die from injuries or taped her mouth and killed her. KC then threw the child in the car and took off, in fear of her life. KC may have come back on the 16th to bury the child in the yard and found it to be too difficult. Then put her in a bag in her closet until a day or two later and then put her in the trunk of her car, until she disposed of her.

Okay, I need help from any legal eagles out there-

How can the defense go with an accident -

Especially, after KC swearing under oath AFG took her at the apt- then changed her story to AFG took her at JBP-

I can't see getting past the first story in court- but to go for a third-

If she uses an accident and the story is totally different from the first two stories- wouldn't that be the defense with holding info and evidence? Is that allowed?

Good grief ! Could it be they will say- KC ran from her mother choking her to death and backed over the child accidently, and allowed the child to die from injuries or taped her mouth and killed her. KC then threw the child in the car and took off, in fear of her life. KC may have come back on the 16th to bury the child in the yard and found it to be too difficult. Then put her in a bag in her closet until a day or two later and then put her in the trunk of her car, until she disposed of her.

No ante-mortem injuries to any of the bones. Getting hit with a car hard enough to kill you would leave bone damage.

Okay, I need help from any legal eagles out there-

How can the defense go with an accident -

Especially, after KC swearing under oath AFG took her at the apt- then changed her story to AFG took her at JBP-

I can't see getting past the first story in court- but to go for a third-

If she uses an accident and the story is totally different from the first two stories- wouldn't that be the defense with holding info and evidence? Is that allowed?

The state has indicted Casey on particular charges. The defense team doesn't have to offer up any other theory other than saying their client is innocent and forcing the state to prove their case. However, in the course of defending their client against the case the state might make, the defense could pose questions such as "And could an accidental drowning have caused Caylee's death?" or "Is it possible that Caylee got hold of some medication and accidentally poisoned herself?" and leave it to the state's witness to prove it couldn't have happened that way. Casey would never need to take the stand in such a situation. Just saying "could it have...." is just asking the State's witness to admit there could be a cause of death other than deliberate homicide.

It is ONLY if the defense is going to go with a firm different story, such as "ZFG took her at JBP to teach Casey a lesson" or coming up with a firm accident scenario that Casey would be compelled to take the stand to answer the state as to why she told the original story, both in written sworn statements and then in a very long verbal statement to LE.

From everything we've heard, I conclude that she's completely guilty, but this case is just so weird that I find myself wondering if there's some sort of twist or turn that's going to come out and completely change that. What if it was an accident and the whole family truly is covering it up and that's why they're supporting Casey? The whole thing is so unbelievable and surreal that I expect more to follow.

Sometimes I that is it. It was an accident and they all, GA, CA and LA are helping cover it up, KC figures she will at most get a bit of time, still be young when she comes out and will be famous and they will all make a lot of money out of it all. And so far the money part has come true.

OK : Defense says : KC is Innocent !
OK KC says: I am INNOCENT !
OK JB says: KC Says she is INNOCENT ! ! !
OK
OK
OK we said she is INNOCENT so.......... she is !!!!

SHE IS ! ! !

SHE IS INNOCENT ! ! ! Cause... " WE SAID !"

JMO
jjgram

*** I SAY: SEEKING ~ JUSTICE FOR LITTLE ANGEL CAYLEE !
MURDERED AT AGE 2 years old June 2008 ! ! ! !

The state has indicted Casey on particular charges. The defense team doesn't have to offer up any other theory other than saying their client is innocent and forcing the state to prove their case. However, in the course of defending their client against the case the state might make, the defense could pose questions such as "And could an accidental drowning have caused Caylee's death?" or "Is it possible that Caylee got hold of some medication and accidentally poisoned herself?" and leave it to the state's witness to prove it couldn't have happened that way. Casey would never need to take the stand in such a situation. Just saying "could it have...." is just asking the State's witness to admit there could be a cause of death other than deliberate homicide.

It is ONLY if the state is going to go with a firm different story, such as "ZFG took her at JBP to teach Casey a lesson" or coming up with a firm accident scenario that Casey would be compelled to take the stand to answer the state as to why she told the original story, both in written sworn statements and then in a very long verbal statement to LE.

Great explanation. Thanks.
Another Q :
It's the jurors who will then decide what gets accepted as fact...so for example, can they rule out accident if they look at the "bigger picture" and decide accident doesn't reasonably fit with the other facts?

TIA

Question: Is Florida a "reciprocal discovery" state? If so, wouldn't the defense be required by law to disclose any evidence of KC's supposed innocence (as stated by JB over & over again!) so that WethePeople can prosecute the guilty party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89