Defense What is their strategy? #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree, Baez keeps saying that Casey's story will come out, she will have her day in court, etc.

If I'm awaiting trial, and having such a hard time, as she claims she is... I would spill the beans NOW!!

Casey already knows the fate of her child, she knows the outcome, so what is she protecting, why wait till your trial to tell the truth??

Doesn't make much sense to me, leads me to believe it's just more bull the defense is pumping out

Last night, we were pondering the fact that she is setting up this defense: it was an accident, chloroform from boyfriend is what caused it, and hoping to get out of jail in 10 years. I don't think a jury will buy the manic-depression reaction to the death, because it was really no different than her normal, everyday lifestyle.

Really she'd still be young and getting off easy if she gets 10 years, so perhaps they are hoping she is convicted on a lesser charge.

However, I think her lack of remorse will get her a longer stay in prison than 10 years.

If she's going for the accident defense, why in the HECK hasn't she come forth sooner? Why take the gamble of a trial now?

If she writes some kind of thing, for instance, Prof. Plum did it in the library with a wrench, what harm could it be? Unless that opens up the state to require a direct on the statement, and if it does, does it stop there?
But a jury could hear from their side, "Look Jury, after the threat of a mass murder of Caseys entire family by the kidnappers had passed, we wrote a statement to the cops giving descriptions and the whole shebang. But guess what? They ignored it!"
Wouldn't saying anything at this point help rather than hurt?

This article from Orlando Sentinel, TV guy...

WKMG certainly grabbed the attention by setting up its 11 p.m. Wednesday coverage of the Casey Anthony case. Longo profiled Todd Macaluso, the eighth lawyer to join Anthony's case.

There were some intriguing quotes. "The evidence is going to be very, very surprising to a lot of people in this community," Macaluso said.

And this: "She should not be in jail right now," Macaluso said.

What do you make of that?

The attorney's bio says he has a 92 percent win rate in jury cases. He derided the state for not having evidence in the Anthony case. "I'm confident we can win this case," Macaluso told Longo. Macaluso expects the trial to last four to six weeks.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...-should-not-be-in-jail-lawyer-tells-wkmg.html

Haven't read this thread all through but in today's news Maculuso is saying "she should not be in jail." Wow. I wonder who SHOULD be then? Cause someone definitely was up to no good. And it ain't the imaginary babysitter.

ETA: searthfortruth, looks like we posted at the same time!

This article from Orlando Sentinel, TV guy...

WKMG certainly grabbed the attention by setting up its 11 p.m. Wednesday coverage of the Casey Anthony case. Longo profiled Todd Macaluso, the eighth lawyer to join Anthony's case.

There were some intriguing quotes. "The evidence is going to be very, very surprising to a lot of people in this community," Macaluso said.

And this: "She should not be in jail right now," Macaluso said.

What do you make of that?

The attorney's bio says he has a 92 percent win rate in jury cases. He derided the state for not having evidence in the Anthony case. "I'm confident we can win this case," Macaluso told Longo. Macaluso expects the trial to last four to six weeks.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...-should-not-be-in-jail-lawyer-tells-wkmg.html

what really bugs me is how are they being paid....where is the money trail???? I'm so tired of the games the defense is playing...just hope next time kc comes to court we get to view the face---I persoanlly think jb was appalled that so many critiqued HIM & HER playing around....

when has it happened that every single atty is after face time on tv????

Casey's new lawyer, Macaluso said "she should not be in jail right now", well then I don't understand why they aren't shouting from the Court house steps about this travesty of justice, IF they really have proof that she is "innocent". Seems to me like a lot of big statements are being made from Casey's new attorney, I just wonder what proof he has to back these statements up.

Haven't read this thread all through but in today's news Maculuso is saying "she should not be in jail." Wow. I wonder who SHOULD be then? Cause someone definitely was up to no good. And it ain't the imaginary babysitter.

ETA: searthfortruth, looks like we posted at the same time!
Yes we did, we must be on the same "wavelength"...this isn't like a jinx thing is it ?

Looks like they should take this new, evidence proving Casey's "innocence" to the State's Attorney, AT ONCE, I am sure they will any minute now....waiting....still waiting...

As stated above ie seizure theory. My son is epileptic and he wouldnt hurt a FLY, let alone a human, so that theory is out.
I think they are going to throw Jesse or Ricardo under the bus.
As far as it being an accident, that irks me the most. NO ONE gives their kid choloroform by accident! Everyone knows what it does.

So I guess everybody in Orlando needs to lock up their little girls and keep them safe. Apparently there's a baby killer still on the loose (according to the new attorney) because Casey didn't do it! Oh please...does this guy really want to mess with his 92% success rate? Cause I think he's getting ready to knock it down a notch or two after trying this case!

Her new attorney sure does seem confident that they can prove her NOT GUILTY beyond a reasonable doubt.

Oh, I can't wait for trial...CAN'T WAIT. I try to imagine what the defense will be, that will be so convincing that she will be found not guilty...:waitasec:...nah, I got nothing...

Thing is, out of all the thousands and thousands of pages of evidence, there is not one single fact that points to ANYONE other than Casey. Nevermind her partying and behavior...oh, and the fact that she NEVER called 911...

I wonder if JB has her convinced that she'll get away with this...

If it was an accident, I think she would have been screaming that from the roof tops by now. Why risk going to trial and being convicted and sent to prison LWOP if it was an accident?

Her new attorney sure does seem confident that they can prove her NOT GUILTY beyond a reasonable doubt.

Oh, I can't wait for trial...CAN'T WAIT. I try to imagine what the defense will be, that will be so convincing that she will be found not guilty...:waitasec:...nah, I got nothing...

Thing is, out of all the thousands and thousands of pages of evidence, there is not one single fact that points to ANYONE other than Casey. Nevermind her partying and behavior...oh, and the fact that she NEVER called 911...

I wonder if JB has her convinced that she'll get away with this...

ITA, and reading that article about how we will all be "very, very surprised" is irritating. Ok, how?? What do you have to show that she is so freaking innocent? It's no secret what she was doing!

So I guess everybody in Orlando needs to lock up their little girls and keep them safe. Apparently there's a baby killer still on the loose (according to the new attorney) because Casey didn't do it! Oh please...does this guy really want to mess with his 92% success rate? Cause I think he's getting ready to knock it down a notch or two after trying this case!
This is the question I keep asking, why is this lawyer doing this ? As far as I know he has never worked a criminal case, his record is close to perfect in the civil arena, so WHY is he doing this ? Maybe he developed a sudden urge for the limelight ? I am at a loss here.

ITA, and reading that article about how we will all be "very, very surprised" is irritating. Ok, how?? What do you have to show that she is so freaking innocent? It's no secret what she was doing!

Honestly, it reminds me of the teasers at the end of TV shows...*NEXT WEEK...A TWIST SO SHOCKING* Blah, blah, blah. All talk, nothing to back it up. They are trying to create reasonable doubt, trying to form their jury. JMO, as always.

This is the question I keep asking, why is this lawyer doing this ? As far as I know he has never worked a criminal case, his record is close to perfect in the civil arena, so WHY is he doing this ? Maybe he developed a sudden urge for the limelight ? I am at a loss here.

3 words: Money, Money, Money.

Honestly, it reminds me of the teasers at the end of TV shows...*NEXT WEEK...A TWIST SO SHOCKING* Blah, blah, blah. All talk, nothing to back it up. They are trying to create reasonable doubt, trying to form their jury. JMO, as always.
Yep, I am going with your theory Em, if they had blockbusting evidence they would have already used it to try to get their client out of jail. But instead they let her sit in jail while they hold the key to her freedom ? Don't think so !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez