Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 questions:

1. What rights, do we as the public, if ANY ... have to hear what Baez or G&C told us about the 'so called' kidnappers, and the fact that they were being watched, and it would all come out ... etc. etc.???

Legally, if Baez told us 'somebody had her', and when she was found, he would explain, does he have to do just that? Does he HAVE to then tell the public, what he SAID he would tell them? What's legal and not legal in this instance?

2. When Baez was asked what KC's reaction to the news was, he said he couldn't reveal that, that is was her privacy, her life, etc. Well, if she WAS innocent, I would see nothing wrong with him telling us that she fell apart, screamed 'not my baby', or whatever ... a natural reaction a mother would have, if she was innocent.

But he told us what he did .... and to me, that just tells us that she most likely did NOT react as an innocent suffering mother.

Thoughts?

JMO

Baez can say anything he darn well pleases to create doubt in the public eyes at this point - targeting the casual news reading/listening/seeing public. Reasonable doubt will be difficult, but I can bet dollar to donuts his defense has nothing to do with mythical nannies and novel worthy sinister plans. He would have to put her on the stand for that crap since there is not a shred of proof anywhere to these myths.

His defense will be completely different than what he spouts and the family spouts today and yesterday and tomorrow, but we won't know until then. Frankly I think he will plea out but keep it going as long as he can for publicity purposes.

Personally, I don't think Casey has any intention of spending years behind bars...which is what a plea deal will most likely involve. I truly believe she thinks she's going to walk and that she'll be able to manipulate the jury with her lies just as she's been able to do with friends and family all her life. I think the time she is currently spending in jail is tolerable to her because she thinks that after she hoodwinks the jury and gets out...she'll be rich and famous with book, movie and TV specials. Considering the press the defense is getting, I also don't see that they are going to push her to a deal unless there is substantial evidence pointing specifically to her...and even then, who knows? JMO, but with what I've seen of her and read about her past...I just don't see Casey agreeing to a plea unless it's for nominal jail time.

Would that be nominal jail with or without an award included. :rolleyes:You know which award I mean.

I really am trying to behave. Sorry.:)

oh pleeeeeeaaaseeee..................Garagos said the same thing about SP......smokey mirrors ...........JB doesn't have to believe what he says........JB just has to put up a defense............I quit listening to kc side of things because all the A family just lie and lie.........I am on the CAYLEE team!

You're absolutely right.

Geragos was on LKL saying it didn't look good for SP one day and the next he was SP's defense attorney!

What is there Story. Casey owed someone MONEY and she used Caylee as Ransom..What Drug Dealer is gonna take or steal a Kid for a Drug Debt.

Ummm, this actually happened just a few months ago, I forgot the names. Remember, the mother in that case managed to crawl from the house out to the street, bound and gagged, to get help.

If that's the story they are going with, I would have to ask why did Casey not use the money she stole from Amy to pay down the debt/ransom? Why was she out getting tattoos and buying bras from Target? Why did she tell her own mother Caylee was safe? It will never fly.
Lanie

Dont be fooled....Baez may be lead attorney but he certainly does not, or should I say will not be "running the show". Whomever has got the $$$$ will be running the show. All this talk about "pro bono" is a load of crap. Lawyers dont do things for free, out of the kindness of their heart, and in reality how many people do? Wether they get paid on the front end or the back end doesnt matter, but you can bet they WILL get paid.

Ten million dollars worth of advertising isn't peanuts.

Cindy & Casey in jail house conversation. When we get Caylee back, you will be free to talk about what happened, don't you think?

Casey was stumped and struggled for words. Finally, as always, she threw that responsibility to the kidnapper(s). Oh yes, as a group, they are always so ready to sit down and explain. In fact, they should have their own talk show. Further, she did use the word "exactly". Yes, they will go into exactly how, where, what and why they perpetrated this crime. Then we will know, she said.

At least, in that moment and for all purposes, Cindy found out that her daughter would never have anything to say about herself in this matter. No descriptions, no details, no nothing, even when exonerated by the return safe and whole of Caylee. Since she could no longer claim, "I can't talk about my legal defense, Mom!", how to justify this permanent & eternal silence?

I guess we'll just have to mark this down as words are unnecessary because, "I'm just like you, Mom."

I just read that story about "we don't know half of it".
If the defense team is going to use the "some other dude did it" defense and blame it on Zannie and her kidnapping sister, who managed to kidnap little Caylee, hold KC at bay, and still do it with two other children there(that is amazing if you think of it). They had better produce Zannie, or someone else who saw her, talked to her, and touched her. The jury at this time will want to see Zannie because the defense team has had 6 months to have an excellent private detective find traces of this woman. Her NY license that KC kept talking about. They have to convince that guy who used to work with KC but did not know her, that he had Zannie babysit for him and let KC drop little Caylee off with his babysitter Zannie. He just forgot all about it, and that he is a really great friend with KC.
If they are crazy enough to use that defense, instead of KC is loony as a toony defense, all the lies KC has told will blow that up, and their lack of Zannie will kill it too. Of course KC is loony as a toony, but she does know right from wrong, which means she is responsible for her actions. Still that is a better defense.
Oh yes, one other thing, since KC has no one left to protect except the murders of her precious child, now is the time to tell the police everything so they can pick these kidnappers, killers up. There is nothing stopping her now from telling the truth.

When Baez lays the whole alien abduction thingie out, I'm sure we'll all see how innocent his client is.

More likely, he'll try to get us to see what a victim KC is of the awful Ants, more likely.

Eddited to add---The Zannie thing is a useless defense. It's not rational; it's just enfuriating. If JB lays it out to a jury, it's likely to annoy them as much as it has us. They'd be likely to rush the defense table and string her up right there in court. Seriously though, the only two versions she told the police have been completely disproven. (Those are I left her with Zannie in Zannie's apartment where I always left her before, and Oh no, no, I actually left her in the stairwell by Zannie's apartment where I left her many times before.) She may have told other versions to other people, the Blanchard Park forced to the ground by Zannie, Sam and a bunch of kids forced abuduction, but she never told the police that. She'd pretty much have to get on the stand herself and that would ABSOLUTELY be suicide. Even if she did, the prosecution would start right in with lying now or lying then, why would anyone lie about the details when their baby had been kidnapped, and move on to, ok if that's the real story, how come you never told THAT to police? And if there is a different real story, why did whatever your new real story is- in a long line of them, never get told to the police either? She's toast with the Zannie stuff, any which way you stick it in the toaster, KC will still come out toast. They have to try for something else.

Ummm, this actually happened just a few months ago, I forgot the names. Remember, the mother in that case managed to crawl from the house out to the street, bound and gagged, to get help.

If that's the story they are going with, I would have to ask why did Casey not use the money she stole from Amy to pay down the debt/ransom? Why was she out getting tattoos and buying bras from Target? Why did she tell her own mother Caylee was safe? It will never fly.

Lanie

believe that was the nevada one with cole....yeppers! I agree totally--and they actually had a drug cartel---kc wasn't even injured....

No comment has a nice ring to it.
I agree with Medusa, no comment should have been used a long time ago. His client has lied her way into a case that will only convict her, without all the evidence.

The only way we will ever find out what actually happened, is if they put the death penalty back on the table. I am sure KC will want to go to trial but once she sees the jury is not going her way(a good liar can read people), she might offer to tell exactly what happened to get life in prison, but not sure with her psychology. Even if she did offer a story, I would not believe a word of it, even it was to keep her from getting a needle in her arm.
We will never know for sure what happened.

Just wondering if Linda Baden is enough for co-counsel. I am also thinking they need/will probably add another experienced attorney, probably someone we've heard of before. :rolleyes:

Really, Linda Baden was quite unimpressive during the televised motion hearing the other day.

What exactly is the going theory on why Casey won't talk now, Jose?

I mean, Caylee's dead and is no longer at risk. Zanny would be a fool to try to take out the rest of the family now.

I think it's time to hear the other half of the story.

Really, Linda Baden was quite unimpressive during the televised motion hearing the other day.

Linda Baden managed to get Phil Spector a mistrial in something that should have been an open and shut case. I would not sell her too short.

Color me not impressed as well, although she beats the pants of Jose. I think she's a blow-hard, in-your-face type, but I'm not really sure how that's going to help this particular client. KC's unsympathetic off the charts. The more the story hears her story, the more they will dislike her. Jose doesn't scan as likeable or competent. Seems like LB just risks bringing more dislikeability and potential annoyance for the jury. Not good to have so many bassasses, imo. They need someone they jury might actually be able to stomach for the long-haul this trial will almost certainly be.

Linda Baden managed to get Phil Spector a mistrial in something that should have been an open and shut case. I would not sell her too short.

I know. I didn't watch any of that trial, and honestly didn't keep much up on it, so, seeing LB in action the other day was kind of shocking.

Color me not impressed as well, although she beats the pants of Jose. I think she's a blow-hard, in-your-face type, but I'm not really sure how that's going to help this particular client. KC's unsympathetic off the charts. The more the story hears her story, the more they will dislike her. Jose doesn't scan as likeable or competent. Seems like LB just risks bringing more dislikeability and potential annoyance for the jury. Not good to have so many bassasses, imo. They need someone they jury might actually be able to stomach for the long-haul this trial will almost certainly be.

Oh, I totally agree with you, Yolorado!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member