Defense What is their strategy? #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez is doing the right thing. He is assembling a team and he will be the team leader. It's modeled on the OJ defense team which hit a grand slam home run.

I'm sorry but I totally disagree. I do not believe that Baez is or will ever be the team leader. He cannot legally defend a capital murder case. Baez is merely KC's confidant, trust, friend. The dream team only needs HIM to convince HER of the way it will be.

What happened to his memo/letter to the prosecution that what happened was accidental and that everyone would understand after the full truth was known?

thanks for clarifying...then I hope the "reputable" ones make a motion to either "walk-out" or advise their client to plea for a reduced sentence. If they want a "life" after being part of Team KC . JMHO

You'r welcome, Manatee:blowkiss:

oh pleeeeeeaaaseeee..................Garagos said the same thing about SP......smokey mirrors ...........JB doesn't have to believe what he says........JB just has to put up a defense............I quit listening to kc side of things because all the A family just lie and lie.........I am on the CAYLEE team!

I don't disagree! I'm merely suggesting that I don't think KC has the mind capacity to come up with her own defense. Despite being a sociopath and thinking herself smarter than others, her life is on the line. She must defer to the team of lawyers that have come up with a defense that is her only chance of getting off. Before this case is over there will likely be over 10 attorneys of record. Some may do nothing but relish in the moment of being an attorney of record in State v. Anthony. The trial of the century.

Im just saying that if KC has an ounce of a brain, she will defer to them. If not, she'll die, for real.

Or do life in prison.....since we are waiting to see if the DP is resurrected.

But really, we don't disagree on the principles of the matter.:blowkiss:

We need to websleuth and find this out! Whom ever is financing this needs to be known by all.

I have mentioned this before-check out the media corporations...there is no question in my mind that one of them is funding the defense for exclusives and that they helped to assemble the team. Think about it-why else would any of them be participating in such a po-dunct case? Caylee is the tragedy-not the noise surrounding her mother who murdered her, imo.

So the Baden's, Lee and Kathy Reichs are being paid handsomely clearly because otherwise why would they be participating in any part of a miscarriage of justice ie: trying to get an otherwise average 23 year old off for the slaughter of her child? JMO. And I will never, ever read another Reichs book or watch Bones-she can be bought by the highest bidder and FWIW, that disappoints me.

I'm sorry but I totally disagree. I do not believe that Baez is or will ever be the team leader. He cannot legally defend a capital murder case. Baez is merely KC's confidant, trust, friend. The dream team only needs HIM to convince HER of the way it will be.

He is the lead attorney and is running the show. He has the confidence of KC and family. The leader does not have to be the most competent. He just has to assemble a great team, and direct them, and it appears that's exactly what he has done. Sometimes the smartest thing a person can do is realize there are other who can do the job better than you can. That's a valuable skill in my book.

He is the lead attorney and is running the show. He has the confidence of KC and family. The leader does not have to be the most competent. He just has to assemble a great team, and direct them, and it appears that's exactly what he has done. Sometimes the smartest thing a person can do is realize there are other who can do the job better than you can. That's a valuable skill in my book.

I agree at the present MOMENT - he is. Once the defense has gone through the evidence, devised a theory and commenced a trial, he will be just another warm body in the room blowing kisses.

Yes, but why is he defending her? He is not a public defense attorney and he is not getting paid! So he is doing this for publicity sake. He has "sold his soul to devil" just to be famous...or "infamous" (IMO). Team KC is a sad example of how low human beigns can go for a bit of money and fame. This is disgusting to me. I'm not sure how humans can stand by and defend another "human" that has committed such an unspeakeble act as murdering your own...this is the lowest that humanity has to offer and I'm embarassed to be included in the same species as Team KC.
(this is of course, jmho).

I totally agree with you.

I agree at the present MOMENT - he is. Once the defense has gone through the evidence, devised a theory and commenced a trial, he will be just another warm body in the room blowing kisses.

I think they are going to specialize much like the original dream team did. I certainly hope the OCDA office has more competent prosecutors than they had in Los Angeles! I also hope they don't lose the trial at jury selection.

The documents also said Caylee could've been poisoned by chloroform or she could have died while she was sedated. They said the cause of death could have been an unwitting overdose of a sedative.

Remember this, everyone?????? Are they going to forget that they wrote this in documents that they presented to the SA? Why isn't this a done deal?????:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I have a question, and I'm being completely earnest. My belief for the few *snerk* years I've been on the planet, is that a defense attorney's job is to see to it that their client receives competent representation and a fair trial and isn't completely railroaded, NOT to get them off at all costs.

Am I wrong?

I've seen many posts that speculate as to what Jose will do/say to get his client off, but my understanding of the roll of the defense attorney is that they're appointed/hired to make sure that their client's constitutional rights are upheld, not that they pull out all of the stops to ensure that the client is let off of the hook for the crime that they've commited.

Again, am I wrong?

I'm sure you'll all think that I'm stupid, I've just never understood this.

I don't think you are stupid at all. I agree with everything you said.

Dont be fooled....Baez may be lead attorney but he certainly does not, or should I say will not be "running the show". Whomever has got the $$$$ will be running the show. All this talk about "pro bono" is a load of crap. Lawyers dont do things for free, out of the kindness of their heart, and in reality how many people do? Wether they get paid on the front end or the back end doesnt matter, but you can bet they WILL get paid.

Ok I am so so sick of this man, on the vedio when he is talkng about KA being told by him and he said it's a thousand dollar question, it's her moment, that he sould have told her, Hello she already know !!!!!! it's not her moment, it's all about Caylee!!!!! She lost her right to find out from him when she killed the little angle !!! G&C A are her next of kin, not KC. If she cared about her she would have never let things get this far. I am sick of Jose Boez BS, face the facts J. she did it. When she talkes about Caylee, watch her eyes, she blinks alot and looks down, CA see's it . J tell her to just tell the Truth. and keep your big mouth shut about the LE and DA they all care a heck of a lot more than KC. I can not belive that anyone would belive her and stand up for her. Let her rep. her self. t

We dont know half of the story!! Well if someone else out there killed this little girl. Shouldnt we be searching for a Murderer..Or shouldnt someone else be in Jail with KC if they took part in the death of this little Girl??

Please tell us!:waitasec:

That's what I've been posting over and over, but have had no replies:

IF they think she's innocent, WHY aren't they out searching for the KILLER?

It's truly crazy, because I would think the defense team WOULD be looking for the true murderer, for one thing, to make them LOOK like they're sincere, and for another ... if they TRULY believe there IS somebody else responsible. I don't get it. :confused:

Also, I just don't understand G&C not being with KC IF they think she's innocent too. I mean, who the hell cares if your being taped, if all you want to do is console your daughter? :rolleyes:

Yes, but why is he defending her? He is not a public defense attorney and he is not getting paid! So he is doing this for publicity sake. He has "sold his soul to devil" just to be famous...or "infamous" (IMO). Team KC is a sad example of how low human beigns can go for a bit of money and fame. This is disgusting to me. I'm not sure how humans can stand by and defend another "human" that has committed such an unspeakeble act as murdering your own...this is the lowest that humanity has to offer and I'm embarassed to be included in the same species as Team KC.
(this is of course, jmho).

I don't believe at least some of these experts will lie on the stand. Watching Dr. Baden last night was kind of disgusting, but Kathy Reich (sp) has a very good reputation, and IMO has nothing to gain by going on the stand and trying to misrepresent the evidence. I believe she will testify honestly and forthrightly.
This is a fascinating case. If I were an expert in some of the things they have called in experts for, I would probably sign on, just as a personal thing to see if I could make any sense of it. (I would probably also do it pro bono, just to get a crack at it, but that's just me.)
Lanie

Sure is just like the sky is purple, and bigfoot exists.

HEY! I was out for a walk the other day, in the wooded area around my house, I met a tall dark hairy man, sat and talked to him awhile. When I started for home, I noticed the sky was a deep dark rich purple.

"Sarcasm all over the place" :crazy:

I am wondering what in the World Story they can base there defense on...Zanny doesnt exist..

JMHO, I think they are scrambling now for some kind of defense. I believe they have spent all this time working on reasonable doubt Caylee was dead. That horse has left the barn, so now they are actually going to have to find some way to implicate someone other than Casey, and I don't see how they can.
Any attorneys, can the defense just accuse other people without something to back it up? Can the defense say Casey is framed without some reason given for someone to want to frame her?
Lanie

However, Eyewitness News has learned that, behind the scenes, the defense team sent 30 pages of documents to prosecutors. In those documents, Casey's lawyers argued that if Caylee is dead that it was "almost certainly a tragic accident."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIDEO REPORT: Caylee May Have Been Poisoned
ARCHIVE: Read Previous Reports On Anthony Case
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The documents also said Caylee could've been poisoned by chloroform or she could have died while she was sedated. They said the cause of death could have been an unwitting overdose of a sedative.

The defense documents went on to describe Casey as troubled and possibly depressed. They said her behavior had been erratic ever since Caylee's birth and particularly in the months before the little girl's disappearance.

Also, the documents state that Casey's lack of emotion after Caylee's disappearance is proof that she is not normal and could possibly be suffering from mental or emotional stress.

The defense used those documents to argue that the death penalty is not an appropriate sentence in Casey's case, because she is young and she's never had a criminal record. However, the documents never mention Casey's story that a babysitter took Caylee and disappeared with her.

Eyewitness News also learned that dissention among the defense team may be behind the release of those documents. The death penalty-qualified attorney, who is helping Jose Baez, said he wanted Casey to be evaluated by a nationally-known psychologist who was involved in the Unabomber and the Elizabeth Smart cases. The attorney thinks Casey is mentally ill, but Eyewitness News learned Baez rejected his suggestion.

The latest development comes after Eyewitness News caught a major slip-up by Casey's defense team on national TV last month, when a spokesperson for her attorney admitted Caylee Anthony was dead.

I totally agree with you.

Me, too .........a very sad story made even sadder by people like this......WHY?......only "the Shadow" knows........(yeah, I'm old enough to have listened to mystery stories on the radio......the "good old days")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste