Dellen Millard: Innocent Dupe? Alternative Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembered reading this and thought you may find it useful in your discussions on the topic of the charges.
BBM
The concern is that if the lesser charges were to be dropped — although Leitch says he has no intention of doing that — Millard's fingerprints would no longer be on file.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3839297-clairmont-so-close-yet-so-far-from-answers-in-bosma-case/

Thank you for that SG. I now recall reading that, and to me that means there is sufficient evidence of murder on DM's part and they will not consider reducing the charges to accomplice/accessory after the fact. Full out murder is what the Crown is going for. There must have been strong evidence right out of the gate and that doesn't surprise me. That sentence by Leitch speaks volumes IMO.

Thank you for that SG. I now recall reading that, and to me that means there is sufficient evidence of murder on DM's part and they will not consider reducing the charges to accomplice/accessory after the fact. Full out murder is what the Crown is going for. There must have been strong evidence right out of the gate and that doesn't surprise me. That sentence by Leitch speaks volumes IMO.

No problem Swedie, and I completely agree

Just a thought... but what if this case is about someone who doesn't like DM? I mean if we are looking for motive.... human emotions are strong and can create a motive in and of itself. Jealousy, anger, hatred, envy .... what if someone despised him enough for whatever reason that they were following him. We have it that it was an SUV presumed to be DM's...but what if it was another Yukon or very similar vehicle?

Trackers are easy to get hold of as are burner phones.... just throwing it out there...as at this point anything is a possibility JMO

Just a thought... but what if this case is about someone who doesn't like DM? I mean if we are looking for motive.... human emotions are strong and can create a motive in and of itself. Jealousy, anger, hatred, envy .... what if someone despised him enough for whatever reason that they were following him. We have it that it was an SUV presumed to be DM's...but what if it was another Yukon or very similar vehicle?

Trackers are easy to get hold of as are burner phones.... just throwing it out there...as at this point anything is a possibility JMO

I would like to believe in DM's innocence, but as you mean I can't imagine the course of crime.

I would like to believe in DM's innocence, but as you mean I can't imagine the course of crime.

Jealousy can drive people to distraction and even to kill. Many murders have been commited due to jealousy... all it would take is finding a lot out about DM, following him, tracking him, befriending friends of friends, going to his favourite places, even tapping his phone if you knew someone with that ability. Also there are devices you can buy that can listen in on phone calls and to conversations inside a house.

Maybe DM was followed (and maybe the perpetrator already knew where DM was heading).... last person seen with DM was approached, stopped, and possibly murdered by perpetrator. Perpetrator has already planned what is going to happen with any evidence. So they proceed as planned.

Body to farm-burned. Truck in trailer - to MB driveway.

My guess is that there will be no surveillance evidence of the perpetrator up close. Plates will probably be obscured JMO

The perfectly laid 'circumstantial evidence' in this case even leads to believe that the perpetrator could be a Pro..... something is mighty odd about this case...... This is my latest line of thinking..... so many possibilities..but this is also feasible IMO

Jealousy can drive people to distraction and even to kill. Many murders have been commited due to jealousy... all it would take is finding a lot out about DM, following him, tracking him, befriending friends of friends, going to his favourite places, even tapping his phone if you knew someone with that ability. Also there are devices you can buy that can listen in on phone calls and to conversations inside a house.

Maybe DM was followed (and maybe the perpetrator already knew where DM was heading).... last person seen with DM was approached, stopped, and possibly murdered by perpetrator. Perpetrator has already planned what is going to happen with any evidence. So they proceed as planned.

My guess is that there will be no surveillance evidence of the perpetrator up close. Plates will probably be obscured JMO

The perfectly laid 'circumstantial evidence' in this case even leads to believe that the perpetrator could be a Pro..... something is mighty odd about this case...... This is my latest line of thinking..... so many possibilities..but this is also feasible IMO

I agree, the circumstantial evidence is all laid out just too neatly, and seems irrefutable, as evidenced here, in my opinion. It would be a great set up, because who can argue with the forensics of the body being located on DM's property? If the truck was found anywhere that was not directly tied to DM, it would not be nearly so damning, but who can argue with it being found at the suspects mother's home? At that point, no matter what other evidence is found that doesn't match, it always seems to be outweighed by the body and the truck's location.

And I agree that the evidence seems to be so well laid out as to look like it was professionally planned and executed. I just still find it impossible to believe that a man with an incinerator and an airplane at his disposal couldn't get rid of a body and evidence better than that. I find it hard to believe that he ran a chop shop from his hanger, yet couldn't strip an insanely hot truck into parts in 4 or 5 days. Anyone with their own chop shop would have connections to get rid of hot trucks and parts without delay, would they not? Same with the Harley, what kind of chop shop keeps hot bikes for 6 months?

I don't know if there is another recent case where the accused and the defence have kept so tight lipped this far in, that we have really only heard one side of the story so far. And it is easy to pick sides when you have only heard one side of the story, but it is still being prejudiced, in my opinion.

I agree, the circumstantial evidence is all laid out just too neatly, and seems irrefutable, as evidenced here, in my opinion. It would be a great set up, because who can argue with the forensics of the body being located on DM's property? If the truck was found anywhere that was not directly tied to DM, it would not be nearly so damning, but who can argue with it being found at the suspects mother's home? At that point, no matter what other evidence is found that doesn't match, it always seems to be outweighed by the body and the truck's location.

And I agree that the evidence seems to be so well laid out as to look like it was professionally planned and executed. I just still find it impossible to believe that a man with an incinerator and an airplane at his disposal couldn't get rid of a body and evidence better than that. I find it hard to believe that he ran a chop shop from his hanger, yet couldn't strip an insanely hot truck into parts in 4 or 5 days. Anyone with their own chop shop would have connections to get rid of hot trucks and parts without delay, would they not? Same with the Harley, what kind of chop shop keeps hot bikes for 6 months?

I don't know if there is another recent case where the accused and the defence have kept so tight lipped this far in, that we have really only heard one side of the story so far. And it is easy to pick sides when you have only heard one side of the story, but it is still being prejudiced, in my opinion.

Yes I tend to agree with you... it's very quiet for LE. I guess its a possibility that they have stumbled across someone they cannot or would not like to identify. Maybe closely connected to work or similar... may sound odd to some but not so odd as some of the outlandish suggestions you come across in cases like this...JMO

I think what I can't get my head around and what bothers me the most and which is why I too, question the framing aspect,,,, is because how could someone be so stupid? Body found on his farm, burned beside an incinerator, TB's truck found in mothers driveway, TB's phone found so quickly, dark blue Yukon seen following TB's truck, etc.. etc...etc.. Good heaven's with all of the Law and Orders and CSI shows we all watch, how could someone leave the evidence so clearly to be found? This is what has me wondering. Is DM really that stupid? Maybe or maybe not. I still wonder about the motive.

I think what I can't get my head around and what bothers me the most and which is why I too, question the framing aspect,,,, is because how could someone be so stupid? Body found on his farm, burned beside an incinerator, TB's truck found in mothers driveway, TB's phone found so quickly, dark blue Yukon seen following TB's truck, etc.. etc...etc.. Good heaven's with all of the Law and Orders and CSI shows we all watch, how could someone leave the evidence so clearly to be found? This is what has me wondering. Is DM really that stupid? Maybe or maybe not. I still wonder about the motive.

Do you think jealousy or envy could be a motive?

You hear of so many abusive situations and even murders where jealousy is the key component....

DM is a good looking young guy who has money ( regardless of exactly how much... he has money)... I expect he has had a lot of girlfriends.... I am wondering if he took someone s girlfriend or something like that... He may have unwittingly upset someone. That someone may feel that with DM out of the way he has a better chance of getting his girl back.....

I know its yet another opinion....but as I try to get to the possible truth, this theory looks better than many........ my brain is spinning just thinking about the possibilities with this theory........:gasp:

You hear of so many abusive situations and even murders where jealousy is the key component....

DM is a good looking young guy who has money ( regardless of exactly how much... he has money)... I expect he has had a lot of girlfriends.... I am wondering if he took someone s girlfriend or something like that... He may have unwittingly upset someone. That someone may feel that with DM out of the way he has a better chance of getting his girl back.....

I know its yet another opinion....but as I try to get to the possible truth, this theory looks better than many........ my brain is spinning just thinking about the possibilities with this theory........:gasp:

OR

What if he is that smart.... What if the motive was to commit the perfect murder.?
What if he is that deviously smart, that HE makes it look like he is being framed by making it so blatently obvious that someone couldn't be that stupid. What if he is trying to outsmart us all to see if he could commit the perfect murder? If LE is still trying to find direct evidence that links him directly to the crime maybe that is why this is taking so long. Maybe all they can find is circumstantial but no direct evidence. Maybe he was making it look like he was framed.
My head is spinning with all of these alternative theories.

OR

What if he is that smart.... What if the motive was to commit the perfect murder.?
What if he is that deviously smart, that HE makes it look like he is being framed by making it so blatently obvious that someone couldn't be that stupid. What if he is trying to outsmart us all to see if he could commit the perfect murder? If LE is still trying to find direct evidence that links him directly to the crime maybe that is why this is taking so long. Maybe all they can find is circumstantial but no direct evidence. Maybe he was making it look like he was framed.

Well it wouldn't be that smart would it... to place a body in your own yard and a stolen truck at your moms house !!!! In fact I don't think anyone with even a just a couple of brain cells would be so ridiculous. JMO I mean... there would always be the possibility for such a stupid plan to backfire. Who deliberately incriminates themselves ? No-one I know and have asked this question can even begin to understand it. Thats why I firmly believe someone else is involved and responsible...at least one other. JMO

Well it wouldn't be that smart would it... to place a body in your own yard and a stolen truck at your moms house !!!! In fact I don't think anyone with even a just a couple of brain cells would be so ridiculous. JMO I mean... there would always be the possibility for such a stupid plan to backfire. Who deliberately incriminates themselves ? No-one I know and have asked this question can even begin to understand it. Thats why I firmly believe someone else is involved and responsible...at least one other. JMO

Colonel Russell Williams. Base Commander at CFB Trenton, pilot for Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip, Canada's Prime Minister, etc...economics and political science degrees..guess he must not have any brain cells because he had photographs and other souvenirs of his criminal activities stashed away at his own house!

He's also probably kicking himself for parking his SUV so close to his victims home thus leaving tire tracks which lead to his arrest. He should have got someone to drop him off or parked further away and walked to the house!

Colonel Russell Williams. Base Commander at CFB Trenton, pilot for Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip, Canada's Prime Minister, etc...economics and political science degrees..guess he must not have any brain cells because he had photographs and other souvenirs of his criminal activities stashed away at his own house!

He's also probably kicking himself for parking his SUV so close to his victims home thus leaving tire tracks which lead to his arrest. He should have got someone to drop him off or parked further away and walked to the house!

He probably thought that his influential acquaintances would mean that he would never be a suspect.... (even the Royal Family has it`s skeletons in their closets..... a whole host of them JMO)

I rarely park on someone s driveway ...so I guess that makes me somewhat dodgy !!!!

Since you mentioned RW a couple days ago, Sillybilly, I looked him up to refresh my memory.
I suspect he had parked his SUV in a similar proximity to victims' homes many times before and never got caught. Maybe the soil didnt leave definitive track marks all those times, save and except for the last when he got caught and he didnt consider conditions that may have made his tracks traceable this lsst time because it wasnt an issue in the past.

While we are on the topic, I might as well address the idea of RW's mental health being discussed in a forum, since I have now familiarized myself with the case. Since this squeaky clean all-star had already confessed to the murder and others, it seems more reasonable to examine what led him down this path, than it does to examine TB's accused, from a pseudo-psychiatric position. imo.

rsbm
bbm

Just keep in mind that surveillance is a wonderful thing for LE also, and you can be assured that LE didn't discover DM's involvement and then immediately rush in and arrest him.
They would have watched him until they were satisfied. There is no expiration date on an arrest warrant so no need for LE to hurry if public safety isn't an issue. They may have watched DM for sometime until they saw what they needed to see, whatever that may have been. So... LE may have watched DM until he incriminated himself, and therefore, re-enforced their signed affidavit that they have the correct perp.

OR

I think that if someone had as their motive just to commit the perfect murder, this would be the last thing from it. If you were going to commit the perfect murder, would you pick someone who would be missed in less than an hour, or some homeless person that no one will ever notice missing? If you had access to an incinerator and an airplane, would you leave identifiable remains on your own property, or would you burn the body to nothing but ashes and dump them out of a plane? If you had a chop shop, would you leave the hot truck mostly whole in your own mother's driveway? Would you and a friend walk up to where there was a good chance that there would be a witness without disguising yourself, if you were planning the perfect murder? To me that theory is completely illogical. Come to think of it, DM might have actually had the means to commit a perfect murder if that was in fact his goal, so what stopped him from protecting himself, even a little, in this situation, when he had the means to do a much better job at covering his supposed tracks?

rsbm
bbm

Just keep in mind that surveillance is a wonderful thing for LE also, and you can be assured that LE didn't discover DM's involvement and then immediately rush in and arrest him.
They would have watched him until they were satisfied. There is no expiration date on an arrest warrant so no need for LE to hurry if public safety isn't an issue. They may have watched DM for sometime until they saw what they needed to see, whatever that may have been. So... LE may have watched DM until he incriminated himself, and therefore, re-enforced their signed affidavit that they have the correct perp.

Oh I don`t know about that !... I have known LE rush into a situation based on a hunch. Even if they watched DM...what could they have hoped to have found after the fact .... hardly caught red handed.

rsbm
bbm

So... LE may have watched DM until he incriminated himself, and therefore, re-enforced their signed affidavit that they have the correct perp.

Just wanted to emphasize the word `may`.... and I do not doubt for one minute that LE re-enforce affidavits to include what they want it to include !!! JMO

RW had the sense to hide his photos, didn't he? He didn't leave them lying around to be found, if we are going to try to draw a comparison here. Did RW leave the bodies on his property, and gigantic, impossible to miss stolen evidence out in the open at his mother's house? I believe he tried to at least cover his tracks, which is one of the reasons why he was able to commit his crimes repeatedly. Did he claim to be framed as well, I don't know?

And yes, I personally think he must not have had any brain cells, but that's just my opinion, I feel no need to defend his mental capacity one way or the other.

rsbm
bbm

Are you suggesting that although the public was concerned that there was a kidnapper or murderer on the loose, that when LE got an idea of who it was, they wouldn't arrest him on suspicion or at least question him when there was a possibility that TB was still alive and being held somewhere at that point? It seems that you are saying that they would have followed him until they saw him do something else incriminating, and then would have hopped out of the bushes and yelled "Gotcha!", when a man's life was still considered to be at stake? How callous that would have been, in my opinion. And what if they followed him and he didn't do anything incriminating, do they then just turn around and say, "Gee fellas, we must have been following the wrong guy"? How long would they follow him before they decided if he was guilty or not, if he didn't do anything incriminating along the way, do you know?

JMO like you my head spins but I am thinking that if there is "set up" involved...it is way more serious than a jilted lover. It is "someone" or a body of "someones" that has done a lot of thinking about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme