Dellen Millard: Innocent Dupe? Alternative Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. From a logistical standpoint, it's a pretty convincing theory. Its weakness, IMO, is the perpetrator's presumed motivation to execute such an elaborate plan -- which includes the murder of an innocent human being -- simply to frame DM. Wouldn't it be easier to kill him and be done with it? On the other hand, from a DM-did-it POV, motive is also a problem, as you've pointed out. So I'd call it a wash.

Thanks Bessie, I will take that as a compliment coming from you. As I said, the theory was strictly for the purposes of seeing if it was logistically possible, the motive is another thing altogether. And I agree, that it would likely be equally easy to kill DM, but then, the killer wouldn't have the cover of having another suspect to pin it on, and would have to be even more careful about the disposal of evidence. This way, at least, when a small piece of evidence doesn't match the DM is a killer scenario, it is outweighed by the larger evidence of the truck and body to make it seem more insignificant and less relevant, whereas if the killer killed DM with no fall guy to blame it on, the police would have to seriously consider all the little clues with the same gravity in the search for the killer. In my opinion, when LE are handed a suspect that looks good to them, they don't waste their time and our money looking to see if there is a better suspect, they spend their effort looking to find things that confirm their suspicions and strengthen their case, that is their job. Therefore, looking for and finding evidence that weakens their case is ultimately counterproductive to their cause, logically, which makes me honestly suspect that small clues that don't match are more likely to be swept under the rug along the way, in what is considered to be the advancement of justice by well-meaning LE.

Or it could have been better to frame DM than to kill him if the murderer turns out to be a friend of DM who would naturally be considered a suspect if DM were murdered, but never thought of twice if DM was instead framed.

And personally, I would probably prefer a clean death to wasting the rest of my life rotting in a tiny cell with my every action restricted. If you really, really, hate someone with a vengeance, and you kill them, they are dead, they feel no pain, the only ones you are hurting are those who loved them. But if you instead could submit them to a lifetime of hell for the same amount of effort, I can see a killer finding that appealing.

I think that as far as motive goes, an equal or greater amount can be made for framing DM as could be made as a motive for DM killing TB, but that neither cancels out the other possibility completely.

I realize there may be a few bad apples in LE, but I cannot believe every PO involved in this case is crooked, and this is just a giant frame up by them to make DM look guilty.

I didnt say ALL of them.... the ones involved will know who they can liaise with .... JMO

It is reported DM's girlfriend may be an important witness for the prosecution. How do we think she might fit into this alternate scenario of framing?

It is reported DM's girlfriend may be an important witness for the prosecution. How do we think she might fit into this alternate scenario of framing?

I've been thinking about this a long time but we cant talk about her.
(Quickly, my guess is alibi for May 5 or May 6, or both - or has given info to police re the circle of friends.)

BTW I have also considered the Toronto Police presser was a bit of a setup to test the alibi. If what Carbone said was true, DM was cheatingwith LB and alibi would come clean from anger. This would explain Carbone's behaviour and attitude that day; also his lack of knowledge about LB, considering he's the Lead Detective.

The girlfriend as a witness for the prosecution ????

hmm..... I wouldn't think that made much sense. As a witness for the defense who could then be questioned by the prosecution maybe.... JMO I just cannot see a girlfriend becoming a witness FOR the prosecution. MOO

The girlfriend as a witness for the prosecution ????

hmm..... I wouldn't think that made much sense. As a witness for the defense who could then be questioned by the prosecution maybe.... JMO I just cannot see a girlfriend becoming a witness FOR the prosecution. MOO

Susan Clairmont tweeted live from the court room:

http://livenews.thestar.com/Event/Tim_Bosma_Suspect_Dellen_Millard_makes_court_appearance

Crown is seeking order for non-publication of list of witnesses because "this is an ongoing investigation." ...

Millard's girlfriend may be an important witness in this case, says Crown

http://www.cjbk.com/localnews/story.aspx?ID=1961824

The Crown has said Millard's girlfriend may be an important witness in this case.

Must admit that I had a feeling that the girlfriend was giving information (detrimental to DM's defence) to the police, don't know why, may not be true but I have a hunch it is.

Thanks. From a logistical standpoint, it's a pretty convincing theory. Its weakness, IMO, is the perpetrator's presumed motivation to execute such an elaborate plan -- which includes the murder of an innocent human being -- simply to frame DM. Wouldn't it be easier to kill him and be done with it? On the other hand, from a DM-did-it POV, motive is also a problem, as you've pointed out. So I'd call it a wash.

The plan seems quite simple to me.

1./ Await opportunity to put a body at farm

2,. Await opportunity to put truck at mothers home

3./ Await opportunity to get body

Basically monitoring DM by any or all of the following: phone tapping, tracker on his car, following him, surveillance, talking with his friends or friends of his friends...etc

DM goes looking for a truck.... conversation is overheard or relayed to perpatrator .... hey presto !!!

If someone is obsessed enough or enraged enough I believe they could figure this out quite easily....add to that the possibility that they are trained ie./ army etc for example and you have a full blown , very competent and motivated killer. JMO

Must admit that I had a feeling that the girlfriend was giving information (detrimental to DM's defence) to the police, don't know why, may not be true but I have a hunch it is.

Which girlfriend? (I presume we can put initials)

I find it a little disconcerting that the press was allowed to put that little tidbit out there, since the publication ban includes the no contact list. I would have thought the tweet would have been deleted immediately and it wouldn't be reported in any other articles.

JMO

I find it a little disconcerting that the press was allowed to put that little tidbit out there, since the publication ban includes the no contact list. I would have thought the tweet would have been deleted immediately and it wouldn't be reported in any other articles.

JMO

Most MSM didn't report it. I was following SC's live tweet that morning and I actually didnt think any MSM wrote about it, until over a month later when I did see it in one column. It has stood out to me for a long time.

Most MSM didn't report it. I was following SC's live tweet that morning and I actually didnt think any MSM wrote about it, until over a month later when I did see it in one column. It has stood out to me for a long time.

Her identity is protected under the court-ordered publication ban, not the fact that she exists. Nonetheless, the tweet was made, posted here at the time, and picked up by some MSM, but her name has never been reported in violation of the ban.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9441618&postcount=47"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #5 **ARREST**[/ame]

Don't presume that initials are ok at this time.

:tyou:

When are they ok......if you dont mind me asking?

The reason I ask is that I know that initials were posted in previous posts....so was wondering.

They more than likely went inside the hanger and had a look around for TB prior to getting a search warrant. No different than what they did with the trailer. They opened the door(s) and looked inside and found a truck, but could only have a cursory look to make sure TB wasn't inside it.

"York Regional Police officers saw a black pickup truck inside the trailer. Until the search warrants are obtained, police can't confirm whether it's Bosma's truck."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...et_up_at_millard_farm_in_waterloo_region.html

Is this your opinion or is it a fact?

They obviously busted the locks of the trailer and would have seen the license plate. They must have got inside the trailer and the truck to see if TB was inside....So what was the warrant for? Just to make sure it looked legal on paper?

Is this your opinion or is it a fact?

They obviously busted the locks of the trailer and would have seen the license plate. They must have got inside the trailer and the truck to see if TB was inside....So what was the warrant for? Just to make sure it looked legal on paper?

likely [ˈlaɪklɪ]
adj
1. (usually foll by an infinitive) tending or inclined; apt likely to rain
2. probable a likely result
3. believable or feasible; plausible
4. appropriate for a purpose or activity
5. having good possibilities of success a likely candidate
6. Dialect chiefly US attractive, agreeable, or enjoyable her likely ways won her many friends

likely [ˈlaɪklɪ]
adj
1. (usually foll by an infinitive) tending or inclined; apt likely to rain
2. probable a likely result
3. believable or feasible; plausible
4. appropriate for a purpose or activity
5. having good possibilities of success a likely candidate
6. Dialect chiefly US attractive, agreeable, or enjoyable her likely ways won her many friends

So in other words...it`s your opinion. Thank you

Gotta love the educational link.... because I am asking for confirmation of an opinion.

I imagine in a hanger that size, that a quick, cursory look around would still take quite a bit of time and disturb (or plant?) lots of evidence. But I would hope that if I were missing that they wouldn't wait for a search warrant if there was a chance that I was still alive. And in a case this big, why on earth was their any wait for search warrants, we don't have judges that can issue things on the weekends? That is a long time to wait for a warrant, in my opinion, a lot can happen in 3 days. And frankly, I hope that they dusted the hasp and shackle of the lock before they cut it open to look inside the trailer, despite being anxious to look inside. I imagine that they would have had to have actually gotten inside the trailer and poked around a little to see if TB or his blood was visible or not. Which again means that it is possible that there was a contamination of the evidence, and if one bad apple, as was suggested, wanted to slip a little something extra in, that would have been the perfect time, in my opinion.

BBM

MOO, but these are precisely the posts I refer to when I say it is suggesting that LE is crooked, and is trying to frame DM. Why would they want to "plant" evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro