GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the thing about joking. Please post a direct link or a screenshot.

You are mistaking "får lov" (is/are allowed) with "får lov" (can/being able). The same in danish, but very different in English. It's not about being allowed by someone, but about being able. Having a space where you can show your sexuality is what Kinky Salon is all about (the fetish parties he went to).

Thanks for your explanation - I disagree though, it can be interpreted your way, but just as easily mine. He should have worded it differently if he wanted your version, he could simply have said, "kan" ("can") instead of "får lov til".
Edit to add - And why mention women specifically here at all, why not just "people can blah blah"?

I put time stamps and page numbers on the quotes from the live blog to make it easier to locate. You can find it.
I am not making things up, thank you.

Thanks for your explanation - I disagree though, it can be interpreted your way, but just as easily mine.

I put time stamps and page numbers on the quotes from the live blog to make it easier to locate. You can find it.

Oh, I didn't think you were lying. I just wanted to see the context. Strangely I followed the BT live reporting, but must have missed that. Thanks.

Thanks for your explanation - I disagree though, it can be interpreted your way, but just as easily mine. He should have worded it differently if he wanted your version, he could simply have said, "kan" ("can") instead of "får lov til".

That is probably right, but remember the "transcript" is done by journalists (and not the top range ones) while they sit in court listening (it's pretty hard to do). Quotes are not always direct quotes (like an interview), but rather "he said something like". A lot can be lost in transcription (if you compare various papers you will see a stark difference). That's why I wanted to see the joke thing.

That is probably right, but remember the "transcript" is done by journalists (and not the top range ones) while they sit in court listening (it's pretty hard to do). Quotes are not always direct quotes (like an interview), but rather "he said something like". A lot can be lost in transcription (if you compare various papers you will see a stark difference). That's why I wanted to see the joke thing.

Yeah, it would be nice to see the actual court transsctipts, but those we have no access to.:tantrum: The Devil is in the detail.

I also read Ekstra Bladets live blog, that was really bad. BT´s seems a lot clearer and better.

OK, back to the case.

He "volunteers" information like the bit about having a bad conscience for having joked about an accident with the hatch. Very often volunteering information is a sign of deception.

For his own good, he should just shut his mouth. If his lawyer hasn´t advised him to do that, she is not doing her job well.
Maybe she has, and he doesn´t listen and just follows his own head, thinking he can outsmart the prosecution.

Yeah, it would be nice to see the actual court transsctipts, but those we have no access to.:tantrum: The Devil is in the detail.

I also read Ekstra Bladets live blog, that was really bad. BT´s seems a lot clearer and better.

Yes, Ekstra Bladet was atrocious! They must have been interns (or erhvervspraktikanter :) ) . You could literally see how they lost track when trying to answer a question from readers.

Yes, Ekstra Bladet was atrocious! They must have been interns (or erhvervspraktikanter :) ) . You could literally see how they lost track when trying to answer a question from readers.

I know what an intern is... ;)

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood you! hahaha

OK, back to the case.

He "volunteers" information like the bit about having a bad conscience for having joked about an accident with the hatch. Very often volunteering information is a sign of deception.

For his own good, he should just shut his mouth. If his lawyer hasn´t advised him to do that, she is not doing her job well.
Maybe she has, and he doesn´t listen and just follows his own head, thinking he can outsmart the prosecution.

I agree. I also find he overemphasize the emotional aspect. I’m not a mental health professional, but I have always had in interest in the field, and know people working with mental health. I have also known people with various mental issues (PTSD, Psychotic, depression, anxiety). People who lack certain emotions (or empathy) often compensate for their lack in purely mechanical ways. In doing this they are inclined to overcompensate (because they don’t understand how these feelings work).

I’m suicidal and completely coming apart...

Peter Madsen mentions he is very uncomfortable having a dead person onboard. (really?)

He was crying when he pulled Kim Wall from the submarine.

He was thinking about her as a human being (why would he stress this?)

He had a "suicidal psychosis" (that dissipated rather quickly. Even to the point of smiling and giving thumbs up a few hours later).

He was thinking about his wife and his cat. He just wanted to see them. (he said that more than once – he claimed that’s why he lied about Kim Wall disembarking on Refshaleøen).

He tries to ennoble the act of dumping Kim Wall in the sea. She deserved better than ending with him in Nautilus.

I know what an intern is... ;)

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood you! hahaha

I just thought we needed a danish insider joke :)

In my view erhvervspraktikant is even lower than intern :)

I agree. I also find he overemphasize the emotional aspect. I’m not a mental health professional, but I have always had in interest in the field, and know people working with mental health. I have also known people with various mental issues (PTSD, Psychotic, depression, anxiety). People who lack certain emotions (or empathy) often compensate for their lack in purely mechanical ways. In doing this they are inclined to overcompensate (because they don’t understand how these feelings work).

I’m suicidal and completely coming apart...

Peter Madsen mentions he is very uncomfortable having a dead person onboard. (really?)

He was crying when he pulled Kim Wall from the submarine.

He was thinking about her as a human being (why would he stress this?)

He had a "suicidal psychosis" (that dissipated rather quickly. Even to the point of smiling and giving thumbs up a few hours later).

He was thinking about his wife and his cat. He just wanted to see them. (he said that more than once – he claimed that’s why he lied about Kim Wall disembarking on Refshaleøen).

He tries to ennoble the act of dumping Kim Wall in the sea. She deserved better than ending with him in Nautilus.

Absolutely, good points all the way.

He is mimicking and talking about what he thinks are appropriate emotional reactions. But it is clear that he is clueless.
Also he repeatedly paints himself as a victim and hardly even mentions the real victim, Kim Wall. He tries as much as he can to distance himself from her, never using her name.
He talks about her as "the dead body", he couldn´t remember her last name when a police officer asked him. Seems she was hardly a person in his mind.

Lamest thing I ever heard! He really must have thought (or still think) that this would excuse his HORRIBLE lie. Here I am thinking about Kim Wall´s close ones. This lie is a crime in itself in my book.

Absolutely, good points all the way.

He is mimicking and talking about what he thinks are appropriate emotional reactions. But it is clear that he is clueless.
Also he repeatedly paints himself as a victim and hardly even mentions the real victim, Kim Wall. He tries as much as he can to distance himself from her, never using her name.
He talks about her as "the dead body", he couldn´t remember her last name when a police officer asked him. Seems she was hardly a person in his mind.

Lamest thing I ever heard! He really must have thought (or still think) that this would excuse his HORRIBLE lie. Here I am thinking about Kim Wall´s close ones. This lie is a crime in itself in my book.

That's a great observation. Considering how he later described the events he would certainly have remembered her surname. Pretending he didn't was not an attempt to play ignorant (oh, that girl! I didn't really pay attention), it was distancing. It wouldn't have made any difference to anything if he said: Kim Wall. He specifically chose to pretend. Not because it would give him an alibi or something, but because she didn't count.

I think that Peter Madsen needs to dehumanize Kim Wall for his own sake. After what he did to her dead body, he has to think of her as an object, not as a person - he simply cannot go there.
The man is seriously disturbed. Question is, is he that mentally ill that you should actually feel sorry for him?

Then you probably knew him VERY peripherally. Even his former friends (now "enemies") in Copenhagen Suborbitals, and the people in the Submarine Group (now also "enemies"), and his brother, and anybody who had a close relationship with him thought otherwise.

The verdict was: somewhat crazy, but not a murderer.

That was a bit of a put-down. I take it you would reply less dismissively now?

That was a bit of a put-down. I take it you would reply less dismissively now?

Not in the slightest. None of the people who knew him very well thought he could kill someone. Many still don't.
Nobody with any significant personal knowledge has come forward to say: I knew it!

The fact that he likely killed Kim Wall does not change what people used to think about him.

He (PM) grew up in the small lakeside town of Sæby, 100 km west of Copenhagen.

His mother was 36 years younger than his father, an innkeeper he has described as authoritarian and violent.
His parents divorced when he was six, and Madsen went to live with his father.
"When I think about my father, I think how children in Germany must have felt if their dad was a commandant in a concentration camp. How does it feel to know your own father is a villain?" Madsen said in a 2014 biography written by journalist Thomas Djursing.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170824/peter-madsen-what-is-known-about-the-danish-inventor

Oh my, if that doesn't make it personal what would? My heart breaks for her family and friends.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes, mine too.
What a massive loss, such a talented, intelligent, funny, lively, beautiful woman with her whole life ahead of her.

Does anyone know when they will release the post mortem / autopsy results? Surely they must know now if there were any traces of Madsen's semen inside the body? Or is there a chance that could have been washed away, if it were ever there?

Does anyone know when they will release the post mortem / autopsy results? Surely they must know now if there were any traces of Madsen's semen inside the body? Or is there a chance that could have been washed away, if it were ever there?

Maybe October 3rd at the next court meeting.
But I have no idea.
If there was semen, of course it could have been washed away, her body had been in the water for eleven days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member